• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

standoff still going on

pretty crazy as around 6:30 we heard a crazy amount of cops heading down the state highway near our home tonight. now we know why :(

http://livewire.wmur...ation?Article=0

that site doesn't confirm the death of the police chief, but other local news sites do. He was scheduled to retire in a week

Edited by deadheadskier, 13 April 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#2 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,456 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Such sad news. I have nothing but good memories of New Hampshire. Between the death of Tony's deadhead patient and the police death and injuries, there has been a dark cloud over New Hampshire this week. Wishing calming life to all in New Hampshire

#3 RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel
  • VibeTribe
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

This is such sad news.
Tough day for us NH folks. :(

#4 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

guy who owns the house and I assume is holed up in the standoff got arrested for steroid possession about a year ago

http://www.seacoasto...-NEWS-110209924

#5 Mutant

Mutant
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

I remember reading an article in the newspaper several months ago that involved the Greenland, NH police. I don't recall the details, but it stuck with me because there appeared to be some bad blood between the police and either the citizens of the town or the selectboard. Does any of that ring a bell, dhs?

#6 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

This is such sad news. Tough day for us NH folks. :(

Tough day indeed....
NH has a fair share of wackos...
(present comapny excepted)

Sad day.
I would assume that Greenland doesnt get much crime, and the chief dies week ntil retirement.... shhesh..

#7 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

not that I recall, but it could be true. Greenland is the smallest, quietest town in the seacoast community. In general, the entire seacoast of NH is about as peaceful as it gets, so this is a real shock for the local community.

#8 Mutant

Mutant
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

At this point, it would be best for just about everyone if the shooter turned the gun on himself. His free life is over. If he lives through this, it will be on our dime. I'm sure that many of the cops at the standoff would relish the opportunity to take him down, but there would likely be some guilt after the fact.

Vibes to the fallen police officers and their families.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Love & Light to loved ones and all affected.

#10 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

At this point, it would be best for just about everyone if the shooter turned the gun on himself. His free life is over. If he lives through this, it will be on our dime. I'm sure that many of the cops at the standoff would relish the opportunity to take him down, but there would likely be some guilt after the fact. Vibes to the fallen police officers and their families.

could happen. there's a woman reported to be in the house with the shooter. I'm concerned for her well being in all this, unless she is also involved in the violence

time for bed. hope to wake up and find it's all over and no one else is injured or has died from this senseless scenario

#11 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,689 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

shits fucked up. very sad. I will resume from making any snarky comments for once.

#12 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Add the Shooter and hostage to the dead.

http://www.boston.co...e&dlvrit=270334

#13 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

:(

#14 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Sad news indeed. :heart:

#15 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

:heart:

#16 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

wow. :heart:

#17 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Ugh - more shootings going on right now - just heard about this on the radio - they actually referred to what happened last night in NH as well:

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) - Chicopee Police and Massachusetts State Police have streets blocked in Downtown Chicopee after reportedly 3 people have been shot, including a state trooper, during an ongoing standoff.

Mayor Michael Bissonnette told 22News that a state trooper was wounded in the shooting, though his injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.

During the standoff, the suspect, who was shooting with a semi-automatic rifle, reportedly fired about 200 shots.

A special education bus was among those vehicles that was in the area as shots were fired, but Bissonnette said that all the students are safe.

Bowe School on Hampden Street in Chicopee is currently on lockdown, but the students are safe.

Initial reports indicated shots were fired at West And Exchange Streets shortly after 7a.m.

It is unclear how many people have been shot although there were calls for ambulances for 2 victims and moments later that a Massachusetts State Trooper had been shot as well.

http://www.wwlp.com/...icopee-shooting

#18 noro

noro
  • VibeTribe
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wow WTF...people need to get ahold of themselves.

#19 reveur

reveur
  • VibeTribe
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

the woman was his ex-girlfriend. she went back to check up on him.

http://www.seacoastonline.com

that's the closest local paper

#20 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,250 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

this was all over the news last night and today
the world is going to hell in a basket :plain:

#21 nancykind