92 replies to this topic

#51 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

<p>

Back in the day we were able to bring gallons of water out onto the field &amp; were encouraged to do so &amp; share

</p>
<p> </p>
<p>

i just dont get why ken would discourage anything other than every attendee hydrating as they need to :bang: what possible reason would there be other than to sell water?</p>
<p> 

do you mean the one (two?) existing water fountain(s) in the grassy area opposite the food court that generate tremendous lines? the key question is if you&#39;re augmenting the existing infrastructure with any new water sources, or if they&#39;re the same as before.

So there is alcohol only in camping? No vendor sold alcohol? Are empty camelback allowed in to general areas allowed to filled once at a filling station?

</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Unfortunately, due to CT State Liquor Laws, we cannot allow people to walk around with alcohol or things that are potentially alcohol from the camp grounds into General Net Assembly.  Alcohol inside the net assembly (past the wrist band check points) can only be purchased from the vendors.  This is a CT State Liquor Law.  Think about it this way - In CT, if you arrive at a bar with a cup of coffee, water or soda, it is actually illegal to bring that beverage <strong>inside</strong> their doors.  Likewise, it is illegal to bring their soda, coffee or water, beyond their doors outside.  This isnt a vibes law, or rule, it is a CT State Liquor Law.   I wish we were in NOLA, things would be different, but we are in the great state of CT.  </p>
<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "> </p>
<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">We are allowing you to bring in <strong>water</strong> from the campgrounds in a fairly decent quantity and offering refilling stations for you. And yes, there will be more filling stations this year, but I don&#39;t know all of their locations. </p>
<div> </div>
<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">I know that on the surface, this appears to be something that is driven by water sales, but it really and truly isnt.  It is purely based on the fact that if you want to bring something into the net assembly area, we have to have some assurance that it isnt a gallon jug of rum.   </p>
<div> </div>
<div>Camel backs are also not allowed at most other large festivals, including Mountain Jam, All good, ect. Most other festivals only allow you one sealed bottle of water once you leave the campgrounds, into net assembly, period no exceptions. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I really hope that this helps everyone to understand that we DO care about your hydration, health and happiness. - We worked hard this year to come to a middle ground.  Only water past those check points, 24 oz and under, and preferably refillable reusable bottles.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>

#52 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

and clearly i dont know how to use the multi quote function!

#53 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

here it is again - hopefully cleaner:

Unfortunately, due to CT State Liquor Laws, we cannot allow people to walk around with alcohol or things that are potentially alcohol from the camp grounds into General Net Assembly. Alcohol inside the net assembly (past the wrist band check points) can only be purchased from the vendors. This is a CT State Liquor Law. Think about it this way - In CT, if you arrive at a bar with a cup of coffee, water or soda, it is actually illegal to bring that beverage inside their doors. Likewise, it is illegal to bring their soda, coffee or water, beyond their doors outside. This isnt a vibes law, or rule, it is a CT State Liquor Law. I wish we were in NOLA, things would be different, but we are in the great state of CT.

We are allowing you to bring in water from the campgrounds in a fairly decent quantity and offering refilling stations for you. And yes, there will be more filling stations this year, but I don't know all of their locations.

I know that on the surface, this appears to be something that is driven by water sales, but it really and truly isnt. It is purely based on the fact that if you want to bring something into the net assembly area, we have to have some assurance that it isnt a gallon jug of rum.

Camel backs are also not allowed at most other large festivals, including Mountain Jam, All good, ect. Most other festivals only allow you one sealed bottle of water once you leave the campgrounds, into net assembly, period no exceptions.

I really hope that this helps everyone to understand that we DO care about your hydration, health and happiness. - We worked hard this year to come to a middle ground. Only water past those check points, 24 oz and under, and preferably refillable reusable bottles.

#54 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

That policy is at least an improvement, although that's the best I can say about it. Thanks for addressing it.

Of course, it only works if the cranky renegade security guard at the gate is aware of the actual rule, and if there are filling stations that don't involve a 45-minute queue.

#55 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,779 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

i appreciate your addressing this
really i do
i understand more now why the rules are as they are...thats all i wanted was a reason...

i am still kind of unsure as to why we cant have water walking around? into the stage area, yes, but from one section of vibes to another? i cant walk from my camp to the water then to the music without having to dump my water? it doesnt seem to be barred after reading that...but maybe i am misunderstanding...

again, thank you for clarifying what on the surface appeared to be unnecessarily stringent rules on water :thup:

#56 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

"Of course, it only works if the cranky renegade security guard at the gate is aware of the actual rule"

Rules will be posted at every entrance this year. Coming and going so everyone is aware.

"i cant walk from my camp to the water then to the music without having to dump my water? "
Once you are inside Net Assembly and have filled your water, you can go anywhere with it. Artisan Village, Teen Scene, on to the actual concert field. Not sure if I answered your question. Please rephrase If I didn't get the gist of what you were askin.

#57 mgm92

mgm92
  • VibeTribe
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

here it is again - hopefully cleaner: Unfortunately, due to CT State Liquor Laws, we cannot allow people to walk around with alcohol or things that are potentially alcohol from the camp grounds into General Net Assembly. Alcohol inside the net assembly (past the wrist band check points) can only be purchased from the vendors. This is a CT State Liquor Law. Think about it this way - In CT, if you arrive at a bar with a cup of coffee, water or soda, it is actually illegal to bring that beverage inside their doors. Likewise, it is illegal to bring their soda, coffee or water, beyond their doors outside. This isnt a vibes law, or rule, it is a CT State Liquor Law. I wish we were in NOLA, things would be different, but we are in the great state of CT. We are allowing you to bring in water from the campgrounds in a fairly decent quantity and offering refilling stations for you. And yes, there will be more filling stations this year, but I don't know all of their locations. I know that on the surface, this appears to be something that is driven by water sales, but it really and truly isnt. It is purely based on the fact that if you want to bring something into the net assembly area, we have to have some assurance that it isnt a gallon jug of rum. Camel backs are also not allowed at most other large festivals, including Mountain Jam, All good, ect. Most other festivals only allow you one sealed bottle of water once you leave the campgrounds, into net assembly, period no exceptions. I really hope that this helps everyone to understand that we DO care about your hydration, health and happiness. - We worked hard this year to come to a middle ground. Only water past those check points, 24 oz and under, and preferably refillable reusable bottles.

so how much water can we bring into the concert field? 1 one 24 oz per person? or can we bring two 12oz?

#58 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

1 up to 24 oz.

#59 mgm92

mgm92
  • VibeTribe
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

1 up to 24 oz.

thank you!!!

#60 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Any non-alcohol beverage purchased from a food vendor may pass through security check points.

Good cause I like supporting the vendors buying a diet coke and filling half of it up with my rum......it's tasty!

#61 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,700 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

I highly recommend the camel-pack!! we bought them last year, and it legitimately saved me. Dumped ice in it, and it kept my back cool too.... it wasn't 100% suckage due to that saving grace.

camelbacks, even empty ones, are not allowed into the concert area this year, sorry.

#62 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Crossing fingers for multiple taps of filtered water!

#63 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Take your filtered water and &#(%&$@... Out the tap as is. That is fine for all

#64 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Nothing wrong with the tapPosted Image

#65 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

camelbacks, even empty ones, are not allowed into the concert area this year, sorry.

I am not being funny.....why can't we even carry empty ones? JP uses his as a backpack for the concert field... Also, when we are allowed to bring a bottle of water each we find it easier to pour it into the camelback once we are on the field...

:)

#66 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Bridgeport tap water is umm... not good

#67 NYCrckl

NYCrckl
  • VibeTribe
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Bridgeport tap water is umm... not good

I heard the Bridgeport tap water has street value.

#68 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Bridgeport water is probably the least toxic substance that people will be ingesting...lol

#69 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Bridgeport water is probably the least toxic substance that people will be ingesting...lol

hahaha :lol:
Also not the worst tasting

I rescind my comments. I'll deal with the cholorinated tap as long as there isn't 20 minute lines for 2 taps.

#70 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

I am clarifying officially whether an empty camelbak is allowed. I certainly hope so!! I'll post when I know for sure.

#71 samiam326

samiam326
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

This no camel pak policy is making me wanna sell my tickets and venture to another Fest. We bring our kiddos and I cannot imagine attending with my family and not having camelpaks. We attend festivals every year and this is the first time we have come into this problem! I was already scared about free water sources but now I am seriously on the fence about even bothering with Vibes at all. This would have been our first vibes and I have a biter taste in my mouth without even attending! This really ruins my day! Really wanted to attend!
What is the difference between camelpaks and empty canteens anyways? They both hold water just differently. Can we bring in empty canteens?

#72 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

stand by. :rasta:

#73 samiam326

samiam326
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Also after watching "Tapped" over 6 months ago, this family has yet to use a plastic water/soda bottle since! Not gonna start now....

#74 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Me thinks something is brewing and it ain't coffee (light and sweet)Posted Image

#75 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Also after watching "Tapped" over 6 months ago, this family has yet to use a plastic water/soda bottle since! Not gonna start now....

this. I hate plastic water bottles :(

#76 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Every year I freeze gallon jugs of spring water to put in my coolers. Last year I was able to bring one in (sealed) every time. This was the only thing that got me through the heat wave. I only ever had one problem with them last year and it was quickly resolved. I just find that if I just remain calm and positive most people around me are accomodating and understanding.

#77 jcomeau

jcomeau
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

I agree with some with the camelback issue. Walking into the festival with it EMPTY I totally understand. I just dont really understand why we ant fill it once in the gates and take it to the concert field. Maybe have a water filling station inside the concert area that way there is no reason for them to be filled with rum or beer? I just think it would make it safer for people, especially what has been pointed out about bringing kids. It will allso eliminate to an extent the amount of people traveling through the ceckpoint back into the vendors area for more water and allow people to enjoy the music more uniterupted. The question I have directed to Luvsdaizies is what exactly is meant by "security checkpoints" in the policy you have been so kind to post? Where exaclty would these be? Also is alcohol allowed at all on the concert field? Sorry for having a bit of a hard time understanding this fully im not really a festival type guy.

#78 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Where exaclty would these be? Also is alcohol allowed at all on the concert field? Sorry for having a bit of a hard time understanding this fully im not really a festival type guy.

There are security/wrist band checks at the entrances from the camping to the concert areas (where the vending, ferris wheel and kids tents are), then again at the entrance to the concert field.

#79 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,147 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I agree with some with the camelback issue. Walking into the festival with it EMPTY I totally understand. I just dont really understand why we ant fill it once in the gates and take it to the concert field. Maybe have a water filling station inside the concert area that way there is no reason for them to be filled with rum or beer? I just think it would make it safer for people, especially what has been pointed out about bringing kids. It will allso eliminate to an extent the amount of people traveling through the ceckpoint back into the vendors area for more water and allow people to enjoy the music more uniterupted. The question I have directed to Luvsdaizies is what exactly is meant by "security checkpoints" in the policy you have been so kind to post? Where exaclty would these be? Also is alcohol allowed at all on the concert field? Sorry for having a bit of a hard time understanding this fully im not really a festival type guy.

as a VG has mentioned before...try and think of the concert field as a bar or restaurant. or even a venue like msg or the meadowlands....they might let you bring in one water but that's it.

same thing here.

I do wish they'd make it so you can get to all camping areas without having to go through the vending areas...I'd like to be able to visit folks with beers in tow :sad:

#80 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

The question I have directed to Luvsdaizies is what exactly is meant by "security checkpoints" in the policy you have been so kind to post? Where exaclty would these be? Also is alcohol allowed at all on the concert field? Sorry for having a bit of a hard time understanding this fully im not really a festival type guy.

Happy to answer these - Security check points that i am referring to are where you cross from either camping into the general area, or North grove into the general area. Wristband check points is a good way to put it. Or the entrances to the only place that day ticket holders are allowed to be. Beer, purchased from any of our vendors, is allowed on the concert field.

#81 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Ok .... here is the final answer -
Revised verbiage.

Vibes 2012 Water Policy

North Grove Ticketing Entrance: Day Ticket Holders

1-24 oz sealed water bottle per person may pass through the security check point. No Coolers.

Empty CamelBacks, or empty water bottles up to 1 gallon, may be brought into the festival and filled at our free filling stations.

If you arrive with other than a single sealed 24 oz (or less) water bottle, you will have to empty it, however, there will be free filling stations located in the Food Court.

Attendees walking from the Camping Areas into General Assembly areas may pass through security check points with:

1-24 oz or smaller sealed or unsealed water per person. No Coolers.

Any non-alcohol beverage purchased from a food vendor may pass through security check points.

Per state law, you cannot bring alcohol into the concert or General Assembly areas.

Any container larger than 24 oz needs to be emptied and can be refilled at our free water station (located at the Food Court)

Empty CamelBacks, or empty water bottles up to 1 gallon, may be brought into General Assembly and filled at our free filling stations.

#82 jcomeau

jcomeau
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Thanks Luvsdaizes! That makes much more sense. General Assembly refers to everything but camping, correct? I.E. Vendor area and concert field?

#83 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

#84 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Even if it's opened? For example if I buy a tasty Jerry Roll and drink half of my soda, can I bring the other half onto the concert field?

#85 samiam326

samiam326
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

Thank you so much!
Feeling the good vibes ;-)

#86 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

Thanks Luvsdaizes! That makes much more sense. General Assembly refers to everything but camping, correct? I.E. Vendor area and concert field?

Correct! Think of it as any where you can go if you have a day pass.

Even if it's opened? For example if I buy a tasty Jerry Roll and drink half of my soda, can I bring the other half onto the concert field?

That is also correct.

#87 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thank you! :Phishfolk:

#88 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I knew something was brewing..nice to see the folks at Vibes REALLY DO listen to the Vibe Tribe. That's why we LOVE VIBES!!

#89 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

:loveeye: nothing but love!

#90 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,779 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I knew something was brewing..nice to see the folks at Vibes REALLY DO listen to the Vibe Tribe. That's why we LOVE VIBES!!

sometimes my faith wavers but it always gets restored :clapping: :heart:

:loveeye: nothing but love!

and you should chage your name to "angelwholovesdaisies" :mrgreen: :heart:

#91 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Nice change, well played :clapping:

#92 mcm

mcm
  • VibeTribe
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

it's great that logic is prevailing with regards to containers - but it sounds like there are still only two water fountains for the entire general assembly area.

i wish you guys would work on water for the concert field. the lack thereof certainly contributes to that redonkulous bottleneck at the field gate between sets It's a logistical sore spot, and security can't enjoy trying to police that flow.

it's very easy to fix: drive a water truck onto soundview dr via iranistan, and run hose(s) to a spigot bank on the field, stage right, an underutilized space. the (easily servicable) truck can double as water bottle refill just past the wristband checkpoint at the intersection of iranistan and soundview. at least 3 issues solved at once!

#93 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

it's great that logic is prevailing with regards to containers - but it sounds like there are still only two water fountains for the entire general assembly area.

This is not true... there will be several filling stations this year... EYE am just not privy to the total and the exact locations right now.

Look for signage, and blue water drops on the map when you get there :)