• Please log in to reply
4671 replies to this topic

#2801 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

great article on Ralph, read that this afternoon. gotta send it to my Dad in PA, he loves Ralph.

exactly what the Phillies need right now to cure their ails...a weekend with the mets :)

prepare to eat those words, sir.

#2802 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

WTF, Murph??? :bang:

#2803 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

PIITB!

:ura1:

#2804 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Whew.... PIITB!! :clapping:

#2805 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm diggin Francisco as a closer so far. He didn't seem to have an issue tonight pitching his one inning even though it wasn't a save opportunity. Just went out there and did his work. And w/o Murphy's error, that game ends 5-1.

#2806 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

WTF, Murph??? :bang:

Buckner'd

#2807 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

Buckner'd

I thought the same thing! :lol:

#2808 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

I thought the same thing! :lol:

I think everyone watching the game did.

#2809 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

We are up 1-0 now! Lets Go Mets! :bliss:

#2810 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

DUDA!! :clapping:

#2811 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Jason Bay is useless! Duda just showed up...4-0 Mets! :bliss:

#2812 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Mets are an inning away from a great 6 & 2 start!

#2813 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

PIITB!!

#2814 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

:ura1:

#2815 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Decent outing by Pelfrey, but then ...

the less said, the better.

Meanwhile, MetsBlog has a poll about which number should be retired to memorialize the 1980s.

http://www.metsblog....g-more-numbers/

#2816 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

It was disappointing to drop that game yesterday...no doubt, but looking on the bright side we won the series. That's what we need to try and do throughout the season...win the individual series and we'll be in good shape. Yes, I know I'm looking at the season right now through rose colored glasses...but we're 6 and 3! :clapping:

#2817 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

They're not going to finish 108-54, but I like the trend so far.

#2818 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

That was a pathetic couple of innings yesterday.

#2819 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

PIITB!! :clapping:

Awesome catch by Bay. :)

#2820 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

And a dinger taboot.

#2821 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Lets Go Mets!...I couldn't be happier now...coming into the season with the lowest of low expectations to see... this.

#2822 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,457 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Anyone else excited for Jose Reyes day (next weeks opener versus the Marlins)?
#sarcasm

#2823 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Anyone else excited for Jose Reyes day (next weeks opener versus the Marlins)? #sarcasm

nothing short of fucking disgusting. whatever goodness they have going on the field is just constantly beaten down by the stupidity of the front office.

#2824 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Fuck Reyes. :iasw:

#2825 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Whatever happens in the next 15/16 of the season, the first 1/16 was enjoyable.

#2826 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Lets Go Mets!...I couldn't be happier now...coming into the season with the lowest of low expectations to see... this.

They can't dash your hopes when they were so low. Now they're in a much better position to do so ;)

#2827 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

people, people, it's a video tribute to Reyes for his 9 years with the club upon his first visit back. classy move. shut up and don't watch it if you're not interested. sound good? great. move on.

the idea of a tribute to Chipper Jones is a bit baffling, however...i don't know exactly what you do for the guy. maybe have Hooters sponsor a condom giveaway, then throw batteries at him ala John Rocker? all i know is that the Mets fans will chant "Lar-ry Hoo-ters" through the whole thing, whatever it is. Jones himself said it should be a video compilation of every time he was booed at the plate at Shea. :lol: i've always liked the guy, Met-killer or not...his retirement ends an era of Mets-Braves hatred which we'll likely never see at that level again. they're back to being just a plain' ol' divisional foe.

#2828 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

#2829 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,457 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

people, people, it's a video tribute to Reyes for his 9 years with the club upon his first visit back. classy move. shut up and don't watch it if you're not interested. sound good? great. move on. the idea of a tribute to Chipper Jones is a bit baffling, however...i don't know exactly what you do for the guy. maybe have Hooters sponsor a condom giveaway, then throw batteries at him ala John Rocker? all i know is that the Mets fans will chant "Lar-ry Hoo-ters" through the whole thing, whatever it is. Jones himself said it should be a video compilation of every time he was booed at the plate at Shea. :lol: i've always liked the guy, Met-killer or not...his retirement ends an era of Mets-Braves hatred which we'll likely never see at that level again. they're back to being just a plain' ol' divisional foe.

I will shut up, if you can show me one other example of a team paying tribute to a player that left them in Free Agency the winter before.

I think it is awful.

He had some nice moments, but my lasting memory of him will be Septembers. The two collapse Septembers he was awful, and then last year when he got his hit and showed everyone he was about him and only him when he left the game after locking up the batting title.

#2830 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I will shut up, if you can show me one other example of a team paying tribute to a player that left them in Free Agency the winter before. I think it is awful. He had some nice moments, but my lasting memory of him will be Septembers. The two collapse Septembers he was awful, and then last year when he got his hit and showed everyone he was about him and only him when he left the game after locking up the batting title.

this is real easy. do you want the legions of Mets fans who love Jose Reyes and hate the front office to cheer him during leading off the game for the Marlins? or do you want them to cheer him during a bullshit compilation of great Mets moments which happen to feature him before the game?

that's what i thought.

calm down and carry on.

#2831 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

he's a bitch, the front office is full of bitches, and this MIGHT sell 1000 extra tickets and that is the ONLY reason it's being done.

you wanna honor him, go ahead and do it when he retires. being done while he is an active player for a division rival is bush league. being done in his first visit back to NY after leaving via FA is extra bush league. being done in his last game at the stadium is the way this shit usually goes down.

leave it to the Mets FO to act like they are up in Buffalo. no way in this right or appropriate in ANY setting.

#2832 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

he's a bitch, the front office is full of bitches, and this MIGHT sell 1000 extra tickets and that is the ONLY reason it's being done. you wanna honor him, go ahead and do it when he retires. being done while he is an active player for a division rival is bush league. being done in his first visit back to NY after leaving via FA is extra bush league. being done in his last game at the stadium is the way this shit usually goes down. leave it to the Mets FO to act like they are up in Buffalo. no way in this right or appropriate in ANY setting.

right, sure. haters keep on hatin'. you're giving this way too much time or thought. the way i see it, cheer the video, boo every at-bat he takes at Citi Field until the day he retires. cheer loudly when he makes errors in the field. easy, New York-style solution.

oh, i did hear a brilliant ticket-selling promotion this morning on WFAN. "Antonio Cromartie Father's Day Special" - he's got to bring all his kids to the game, which practically guarantees a sellout. :lol:

#2833 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

being done in his last game at the stadium is the way this shit usually goes down.

Reyes wasn't in the fucking stadium long enough at his last game. He took the batting title and the bitch crown.

#2834 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

It was nice when Piazza came back. He got a standing O, hit a home run, and got a curtain call. Then he hit a second home run, and they booed him like a mf'er.

#2835 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

It was nice when Piazza came back. He got a standing O, hit a home run, and got a curtain call. Then he hit a second home run, and they booed him like a mf'er.

this is the class of NY. got it? good. let the video tribute carry on.

#2836 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

well yes, IASW. I meant his last game as a pro. And I'd also like to intentionally walk him in that at bat, and have the opponents pinch run for him. perfect. :lol: I'd buy a ticket to see that.

Colin, you're putting a very blue spin on it. all of what you're saying could be done without a video clips, or the team taking time to suck off the opposition. I'm sure i'll just roll my eyes at the whole thing, like I have at 100s of other stupid things these morans dream up. I just heard about it on the way in this morning, and even Boomer was pissed as a fan.

I'll agree to disagree on this one, because this is the kind of shit you see in Minor League ball parks every day. We should not be doing this at the MLB level.

#2837 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

OT: My favorite minor league gimmick was at the New Haven Ravens games. When an opposing player struck out, they would play the sound of a toilet flushing. An alert sales rep sold the spot to Roto-Rooter, and their logo was displayed on the scoreboard after every K.

#2838 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

i'd rather see him cheered in video tribute than at his first plate appearance.

that's just how i roll.

#2839 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Had he left via a trade by the front office, I'd be more apt to see a tribute to him.

Being that he split here for more money (granted The Mets front office never made a serious offer), I don't think they should do much for 'em. I could be wrong but, I doubt Montreal did much for Carter his first game back there as a Met in '85.

The fans want to cheer for 'em, that's their business. Having tributes to players who aren't on your team/never been on your team...that's a bit odd in my book.

#2840 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

people will still cheer his first plate appearance regardless. then the real fans will take over and boo the life out of him. this will happen with or without a "video tribute"

If i were there I'd start a RU-BEN TE-JAD-A chant throughout the entire stupid video.

#2841 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

@BrianCostaWSJ: No word yet on how the Mets plan to pay tribute to Angel Pagan when he returns to Citi this weekend.

#2842 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

:lol: that's about right.

#2843 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

@BrianCostaWSJ: No word yet on how the Mets plan to pay tribute to Angel Pagan when he returns to Citi this weekend.

they could buy him a hit or two. he's off to a terrible start in San Francisco. i always felt like he overproduced with the Mets (and i don't feel that way about many Mets...)

#2844 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ya see I think y'all are seeing this 'tribute' thing the wrong way.

Think of this more like this:

You're in "the company"

You decide you can leave "the company" and do so. Then you come back to "a tribute". Yes, they're gonna be real nice to you. Sure. You come in, there's even a video tribute, wow... they're realy treating you nice.

But then.... well, I think you know where this is going. :devil:

#2845 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

and what's in the video?

I can think primarily of two things when I think Jose Reyes... ridiculous and annoying hand slapping / fist pounding after he comes back to the dugout, and popping up to the infield on 2-0 counts. sure there are some triples, and stolen bases in there, but give me one game that you remember reyes making the difference.

and as exciting as he was running the bases, he wasn't half as exciting as Mookie.

#2846 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

and what's in the video?

His between-inning Spanish lessons.

#2847 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

and what's in the video?

Who cares? You get him feeling nice and good, and then as the video begins to roll.... the muscle moves in :devil:

#2848 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

:gah:

#2849 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Did anyboardie receive an email from the Mets today offering a 2-for-1 deal? If you buy a ticket for the Giants series, they'll give you one for the Thursday afternoon game against the Marlins.

#2850 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

i did not. i wanted to take the boys on Thursday, too, seeing as it's my son's birthday, but their mom is being a royal PITA about the whole thing, and i'm not in a position to upset the (home run) apple cart, so to speak, so it looks like that's out.