• Please log in to reply
4665 replies to this topic

#151 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Only if my friend Ben cancels and my son is too sick to take his place.

great, i'm on double-deck! :lol:

my good friend went last night, you're going tonight, it's May and i haven't been to New Shea yet this calendar year. i'm starting to get ants in the pants.

#152 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

do u has my xtra?

Gee, what happened to:

fuck 'em until they take care of this.

:lol:

#153 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

i'm no fair-weather fan. i'm an equal-opportunity ticket mooch. :lol:

#154 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

even I'll still goto the stadium... for food and good company, obv. not for baseball :P

anyone on the medical team fired yet? no... it's still a joke, and the worst thing for them was winning against da jankees, and now getting some mometum vs. the phllies. surely no changes afoot.

I think it's funny that they'll be going to visit Randolph and Peterson this weekend, and the situation is NO DIFFERENT than it was 6 years ago. :funny1: it's like a parrellel to LOST.. 6 years, and I got nowhere. :lol: :lol:

#155 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

I'm going tonight.

Just found out I'm going to tonight's game...Holla!!!:Phishfolk:

1st base side just a bit from 1st base (sec 110?!? i think)

#156 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Nice. My seat is much closer to the Bronx.

#157 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Nice. My seat is much closer to the Bronx.

which is just as good...:coffee:

mine are Company tix and there was a cancellation...otherwise I'd be in one of the limited view sections...well I actually wouldn't even be going to the game:funny1:

#158 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

mine are Company tix and there was a cancellation...otherwise I'd be in one of the limited view sections...well I actually wouldn't even be going to the game:funny1:

yeah, i know all about actually not even going to the game. :lol: soon, as they say. soon.

#159 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

yeah, i know all about actually not even going to the game. :lol: soon, as they say. soon.

This is one of the reasons I miss Shea...I could afford to actually see a few games...at Shea I would have seen at least 10 games by now and not 2 (1 being tonight):idee noire:

#160 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

My strategy: straight through the gate to Shake Shack. I can gawk at the Mets HOF and stuff when I'm dead.

#161 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

This is one of the reasons I miss Shea...I could afford to actually see a few games...at Shea I would have seen at least 10 games by now and not 2 (1 being tonight):idee noire:

we used to buy Mets tickets from the kiosk at King Kullen - saw game 162 back in 1999 that way - fan appreciation day turned into pandemonium as the Mets forced game 163 in Cincinatti. times have definitely changed, and i hate HATE HATE the tiered pricing they do.

My strategy: straight through the gate to Shake Shack. I can gawk at the Mets HOF and stuff when I'm dead.

agreed, hit Shake Shack early when the lines are short, then hit Mama's of Corona in the 4th or 5th inning. i'd probably tap the Frites joint while i was there, just to be sure, as well.

#162 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

we used to buy Mets tickets from the kiosk at King Kullen - saw game 162 back in 1999 that way - fan appreciation day turned into pandemonium as the Mets forced game 163 in Cincinatti. times have definitely changed, and i hate HATE HATE the tiered pricing they do.

agreed, hit Shake Shack early when the lines are short, then hit Mama's of Corona in the 4th or 5th inning. i'd probably tap the Frites joint while i was there, just to be sure, as well.

tiered pricing is just a nice way of saying "Hey look at us...we're Price Gouging the very people that have made us as rich as we are" :ura1: !!!

and I will give 'em the Shake Shack...foods really good at Citifield:coffee:

#163 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

We haven't made it to the Shake Shack yet. The line's always several innings long by the time we get in. :sad:

Did have dinner in the Acela Club one night though. If you have the opportunity, do it. The food's amazing!

#164 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

We haven't made it to the Shake Shack yet. The line's always several innings long by the time we get in. :sad:

that's your fault. get there earlier! :lol:

#165 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

that's your fault. get there earlier! :lol:

So far, we've gone to all night games and its kinda hard to get there early when you leave work at 6 in NYC and the game's at 7:10. ;) I'm hoping we can go to a few Saturday or Sunday games this season.... get there early for BP & Shake Shack! :dance:

#166 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Jerry Manuel Decision-Making Flow Chart http://sbnation.com/e/1251997

#167 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

mmm...smoky bacon dipsaus

#168 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

So far, we've gone to all night games and its kinda hard to get there early when you leave work at 6 in NYC and the game's at 7:10. ;) I'm hoping we can go to a few Saturday or Sunday games this season.... get there early for BP & Shake Shack! :dance:

yeah, i always leave work nice and early, both to avoid traffic on the way in and to get there at gates open to experience the place when it's empty. especially the eating portions of the new digs.

mmm...smoky bacon dipsaus

exactly.

#169 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

I'm at the game now bitches...HOLLA!!!

#170 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

:clapping::clapping::jump:Posted Image:jump::clapping::clapping:

Back to back shut outs, yeah baby! :v:

#171 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

I'm going tonight.

I am new to the forum, just dropping in to say hi. Love talking baseball. You picked a great game to attend tonight Silent..Mets blanked the Phils & twice in row :crying:

Seems like Jose Reyes is getting into a little groove. He's always done very well against the Phillies. Mets are one of best home teams in league, but hopefully Phils can avoid the series sweep tomorrow.

Close division race so far this season. Good game tonight all..well at least on Mets behalf. Good luck rest of season.

#172 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:12 AM

That was fun.

#173 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

it was in deed...a great game and hey...phillies dude. u seem cool but u still have sumthn over us so I ain't buyin' it!!!

so stop being a good sport and be pissed....'cause I'm gigglin' my mutha fuhkin ass off...we just took a series over you...BITCHES!!!!: :ura1:

just fuhkin withya....:lol:

#174 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

The guy I went with, a die-hard Phillies fan, confessed that their biggest fear is Optimal Reyes. We saw that last night. What we didn't see was our biggest fear, Jimmy Rollins. I enjoyed watching Ryan Howard look like a fool going after change-ups. Change, strike 2. Another change, strike 3. Twice! :lol:

Food report: pulled pork from Blue Smoke, and fritte with chipotle ketchup.

Posted Image

#175 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Looks like you had nice seats for a great game!

It was nice to see the old Reyes again, hope he sticks around. Let's see if Pelf can seal the deal tonight!

#176 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Food report: pulled pork from Blue Smoke, and fritte with chipotle ketchup.

Posted Image

excellent work at the food court.

crowd looked much fuller on TV - was there a late walk-up?

It was nice to see the old Reyes again, hope he sticks around. Let's see if Pelf can seal the deal tonight!

Reyes is the key that unlocks the Mets. a sweep tonight would be phenomenal.

#177 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

:jump::clapping::ura1:

#178 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

It filled in as the game went on. Traffic sucked. I left Stamford at 5 and got to the stadium at 7. No Shake Shack.

I never made it to the center field food court. They now have Blue Smoke and Box Fritte on the Promenade behind home. My friend ignored my advice and attempted to go to Shake Shack in the 3rd inning. He missed a whole inning and ended up in the Promenade food court for his sandwich.
:hit:

There is no smoky bacon dipsaus this year. It's been replaced by bacon aioli.

Ambience: Some Mets fans are really obnoxious to Phillies fans. I know it's the beer talking, but it's a freakin' game. They really need to ditch the sound effects. It's as if they're just making noise because they fear a quiet crowd that's watching the game. If we want to make noise, we will. There's no need for a sound effect after every pitch.

#179 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

It filled in as the game went on. Traffic sucked. I left Stamford at 5 and got to the stadium at 7. No Shake Shack.

I never made it to the center field food court. They now have Blue Smoke and Box Fritte on the Promenade behind home. My friend ignored my advice and attempted to go to Shake Shack in the 3rd inning. He missed a whole inning and ended up in the Promenade food court for his sandwich.
:hit:

There is no smoky bacon dipsaus this year. It's been replaced by bacon aioli.

Ambience: Some Mets fans are really obnoxious to Phillies fans. I know it's the beer talking, but it's a freakin' game. They really need to ditch the sound effects. It's as if they're just making noise because they fear a quiet crowd that's watching the game. If we want to make noise, we will. There's no need for a sound effect after every pitch.

yeah, you don't know life until you've done a Shake Shack burger and Box Frites while hanging over the great wall in left field chatting with the opposing team's relievers about how tasty the food you're eating is during BP. :lol:

glad to hear there's a Box Frites satellite upstairs now. but truth be told, if i'm in the Promenade, i'm getting a Mama's sub. for less than $10, it's easily the best thing around.

#180 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I am new to the forum, just dropping in to say hi. Love talking baseball. You picked a great game to attend tonight Silent..Mets blanked the Phils & twice in row :crying:

Seems like Jose Reyes is getting into a little groove. He's always done very well against the Phillies. Mets are one of best home teams in league, but hopefully Phils can avoid the series sweep tomorrow.

Close division race so far this season. Good game tonight all..well at least on Mets behalf. Good luck rest of season.

Welcome aboard! Always good to have some more baseball fans around. :)

#181 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Four in a row *and* two shutouts against the division leader/hated rival? That's almost enough to start giving me false hope! Almost...

#182 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

Four in a row *and* two shutouts against the division leader/hated rival? That's almost enough to start giving me false hope! Almost...

and your avatar is almost enough to make me piss my pants with laughter. almost.

#183 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

and your avatar is almost enough to make me piss my pants with laughter. almost.

The jerseys match. So does the misery. And with any luck, if the TOH continues to drag its feet on developing the concrete splendor that is the Nassau Coliseum, the locations will match, too...

#184 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

#185 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

The jerseys match. So does the misery. And with any luck, if the TOH continues to drag its feet on developing the concrete splendor that is the Nassau Coliseum, the locations will match, too...

yeah, you had me at "misery". oh, and if they do move, what a disaster that'll be. Queens needs a hockey team about as badly as Brooklyn needs a basketball team. oh, wait... :bang:

so do we see the 2010 Pelf tonight? and the usual Hamels? because i'd take those odds.

#186 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Mets, Marlins & Nats are in a 3-way tie for 3rd place, 3 games behind Philly.

#187 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Mets, Marlins & Nats are in a 3-way tie for 3rd place, 3 games behind Philly.

3 games separate 5 teams from first-to-last in a single division? not bad for nearly June.

#188 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

It was so hot yesterday...maybe people waited for the sun to go down before they got to their seats...It was brutal...I was dying; thank God for the Beer Dudes walking around. :ura1:

Oh if you ever have the opportunity for the beer/food concierge service...don't do it. It took 20 minutes and I had to flag the guy down cuz he couldn't find my seat and it took me 3 times to assure him that was my beer and I ordered it!:sad:

#189 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

Oh if you ever have the opportunity for the beer/food concierge service...don't do it. It took 20 minutes and I had to flag the guy down cuz he couldn't find my seat and it took me 3 times to assure him that was my beer and I ordered it!:sad:

only time i haven't ordered my own food/bev from the dude hawking it was at the old Keyspan box at Shea. and that was top-notch service, too. loved every minute of that experience.

#190 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,183 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

My seats generally don't come with concierge service ;)

Best spot for beer is the kiosk out behind the scoreboard. Lots of variety to choose from!

#191 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Really?? Wow, sorry to hear. Never had this happen to me--always had great service from those guys (guess I was lucky!). Of course, the last time I had seats that rated that service was @ Shea. Probably been some staff turover since then. But for the extra you pay, they should definitely have their act together a little more than that.

#192 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

i could hang back there with the beer and blue smoke all day. that's the best place in the stadium, for me.

#193 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

Best spot for beer is the kiosk out behind the scoreboard. Lots of variety to choose from!

i could hang back there with the beer and blue smoke all day. that's the best place in the stadium, for me.

There's another one behind home in the Promenade. Only thing is there's no view of the field and you'd have to watch the game on the screens.

#194 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

the availability of different Brooklyns around the entire place has made the beer-buying experience a simple and enjoyable one. if i'm getting Box Frites, it's a Belgian Brooklyn. if i'm at Shake Shack, i'll get their brew. if i'm just buying a beer...i'll go to the vendors who all sell Brooklyn Lager in cans. perfect.

it's awfully nice back there, right? i still think they should let grown-ups on the wiffle field. :Phishfolk:

#195 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

the availability of different Brooklyns around the entire place has made the beer-buying experience a simple and enjoyable one. if i'm getting Box Frites, it's a Belgian Brooklyn. if i'm at Shake Shack, i'll get their brew. if i'm just buying a beer...i'll go to the vendors who all sell Brooklyn Lager in cans. perfect.

As the summer wears on, go for a Hoegarden (sp?). Fantastic weissbier & great on a hot day.

it's awfully nice back there, right? i still think they should let grown-ups on the wiffle field. :Phishfolk:

I do too, but imagine the carnage! :shocked: Not to mention the poor kids would probably never get a chance to play again. :lol:

#196 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

As the summer wears on, go for a Hoegarden (sp?). Fantastic weissbier & great on a hot day.

I do too, but imagine the carnage! :shocked: Not to mention the poor kids would probably never get a chance to play again. :lol:

if they have the Hoegarden anyplace other than at the beer kiosk, i'll try it. two people serving a line of 40 people on a hot day? i'll hit Box Frites. :lol:

they should rent out the wiffle field for competitive wiffle games on non-game days at new Shea. that would be pretty much kickass. live pitching. aluminum bats. etc.

#197 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,054 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Really?? Wow, sorry to hear. Never had this happen to me--always had great service from those guys (guess I was lucky!). Of course, the last time I had seats that rated that service was @ Shea. Probably been some staff turover since then. But for the extra you pay, they should definitely have their act together a little more than that.

I think this is something new (not like behind homeplate waiter service)...my seats are good but not that good. It's not a regular thing for my seats (sec 110 1st base side between first and rt field)...perhaps they will get the hang of it as the season rolls on :dunno: but I think I'll just pick my lazy ass up and walk the 30 ft to the beers going forward...or just wait for the beer guy to come around!

Still miss Shae!!!

#198 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,318 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

I think this is something new (not like behind homeplate waiter service)...my seats are good but not that good. It's not a regular thing for my seats (sec 110 1st base side between first and rt field)...perhaps they will get the hang of it as the season rolls on :dunno: but I think I'll just pick my lazy ass up and walk the 30 ft to the beers going forward...or just wait for the beer guy to come around!

Still miss Shae!!!

Yeah, I was thinking of the behind homeplate service at Shea--those guys were always good. Haven't done the beer concierge thing at Citi.

#199 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

http://thesportshern...eabed970b-450wi

#200 murg

murg
  • VibeTribe
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

Put the hammer down today. Don't give the Phils an inch. DO NOT LET up.

And let's get some friggin consistency from here on out on the road.

Go Mets