Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

is a dedicated one termer and a congress on a suicide mission
doubt the league office would let such an entity live but ya never know

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

We'll see no fix. We are just going to break it completely and have to go from there.

Vic will pour poop down stairs, many will just :panic: and the smart ones will have self sustaining personal policies.

#3 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

:lol:

#4 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

a slow degradation is likely
we are readjusting up here but our infrastructure is gonna suffer beyond our will to repair
much like what is happening right now in the rust belt
i gotta admit i don't have any sense of kinship for what is viewed as a majority down there
only towards my friends in the states
do you think there is too much splintering for a revolutionary movement?

#5 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

your quote does paint a picture Tasb

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

The big problem is that the US is completely broke and has resorted to monetizing debt to stay afloat. That ability is quickly drying up as foreign investors and CBs pull out of dollars. Two credit downgrades, 16 trillion in debt, 1.4 trillion deficit spends, the fed buying up 61% of treasury issuance and not one single blip of it in the MSM.

To put it right out there. We're fucked. FUBAR'd

The rest is a pony show. The left/right paradigm, the wars, the unemployment, etc....all means nothing once we hyperinflate teh currency to keep the shell game rolling and international trade partners leave us behind.

#7 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

can profitable states leave the federation?

#8 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

lol i just looked it up
it does not matter if ND leave the union

#9 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

i just hope all the mouth breathers don't see alberta as a promised land

#10 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

changed my mind i prefer alberta to secede and join wisconsin

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

If the central federal govt. goes bankrupt and can not sustain itself, it will rob from the states and citizens to fill the void and bar no expense. Declare a state of emergency, steal private assets, etc....in other words, the govt. will turn completely despotic to save itself. No state, maybe besides Texas, will be safe from confiscation. Revolution it will be, but not the kind where we the people win against tyranny. it will be the complete opposite.

#12 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

that's scary.
6 hours north of here there are no roads

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

No roads is good. But aren't you in/near the Canadian border?
The winter wont be much fun should one decide to completely fall off the grid....

#14 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

i agree not much fun
i'm not that old but fuck me thirty years ago we had to store our garden vegetables in a root cellar over winter
we could not get a tomato in january and we went to a butcher shop for groceries
we had a four acre wood lot for fuel with a house in the centre of it made of ash trees insulated with newspaper
neighbours were dairy and beef farmers, we would trade labour for product
all this i remember fondly today as i sit here in a semi detatched townhouse burning natural gas discussing the end with folks
in another country. i wonder what i will have for lunch as my choices are so vast it confuses. within one block i can get any number of foods
filled with wood or enjoy delicacies from other nations which naturally wouldn't be able to be created within 1000 km's of here

not much fun but i do remember and if i have to i will
before the grid falls off of us

#15 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

yeah i'm within 100 k of the border in ottawa

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I could go for that type of simple life. I'd prefer to choose it than it be a forced event. But it seems it's starting to cave in on us. Best to be prepared than wait for the fall and then scramble...

#17 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

yesir there are a great many who have only existed in one paradigm...they will have to up their experience.
i used to stick out like a sore thumb when i would visit the city.
makes me laugh now.

#18 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

don't leave the party too early.

there'll certainly be a final boom before everything goes bust. i'm all-in as far as the stock market is concerned. might
as well ride it up one last time to enable a smooth and reliable transition to a self-sustaining life far off in the woods. this shell game
has been perfected and can continue for a long time.

climate change will be the earlier downfall. just look around. we're doomed.

in the meantime i'm moving to an organic vegan diet, cutting back on alcohol consumption and staying out of the sun as access to quality medical care will be one of our first luxuries to dry up.

#19 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,287 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

:eek: Sounds like the big change is closer than I thought.

#20 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

I see this as a grand opportunity to travel. There's plenty of other interesting places in the world where one can eek out a modest living...

#21 freerange

freerange
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Scarfire wouldn't you really like to know when the last run up is?
i would think, that is if the markets last blowout sale is pending, that information would be most valuable
and likely without legal consequence as it signals anarchy

#22 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

at first I thought... "dedicated one term pres... hmmm... maybe... AND a congress on a suicide mission... NEVER"

but the little voice inside kept repeating it over and over again.

I wonder if it is possible.... it definitely has to start somewhere, and usually it's with an idea. Wait, not usually... always.

The problem with that idea it seems is that if it was possible for that to happen and change the country in a good way, it would also be just as possible for it to happen and completely destroy the country... sooo... yeah that's where I'm at with this idea.

#23 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,287 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I was explaining to someone why I feel our sitting President is/has seemed so impotent and it basically boiled down to that he didn't ram his campaign agenda through.

Pretty much along the lines of the sentiment of the op.

#24 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm hoping to see his more liberal side come out during his second term without the pressure of having to get re-elected.

Anyone else who gets elected will have to learn the ropes, first, and then campaign for the rest of the time just like Obama has had to.

#25 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,287 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Such a waste that rather than getting down to business, so much time and effort is spent on re-election efforts.

#26 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was explaining to someone why I feel our sitting President is/has seemed so impotent and it basically boiled down to that he didn't ram his campaign agenda through. Pretty much along the lines of the sentiment of the op.

Yup, he had a shot to do something early and dicked around. He should have siiRb when he had the chance.

You'd think they'd learn from the Reps in that regard