#51 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Well, that's good because TE sucks.

My wife eats the same kind of smoothie for breakfast at least 3 or 4 days per week. 1 Cup skim milk, 1/4 Cup Oikos Vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana (which we freeze when they start turning brown), 6 frozen strawberries, 3 ice cubes, and a scoop of chocolate whey protein. That works out to 300 calories and 35g protein.

i use 1/4 cup of skim milk
half cup of the no fat plain greek yogurt
forget the grams but the powder i use is fiber added as well
today i used for fruit:
a small handful of blueberries, about 4 strawberries and about a half a peaches worth of wedges, all frozen
wish a few cubes

sometimes i use banana or raspberries but i keep it to 3 fruits per smoothie or i would add everything, every time :blush: (i :heart: fruit)

i have these for lunch at work a lot, its just easy

never thought of freezing brown bananas, gonna steal that one

#52 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

check out yogadownloads.com

you can get free 20 min sessions -- you DL to an IPOD (or mp3 player or computer or burn to cd) and print the chart of the moves and you can do it anywhere!

I love it for hotel rooms!

#53 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

oh carla that sounds perfect! I'm gonna go check them out!

#54 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,921 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

randomly found this on fb. Is that your hair? :)
Posted Image

#55 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

i use 1/4 cup of skim milk
half cup of the no fat plain greek yogurt
forget the grams but the powder i use is fiber added as well
today i used for fruit:
a small handful of blueberries, about 4 strawberries and about a half a peaches worth of wedges, all frozen
wish a few cubes

sometimes i use banana or raspberries but i keep it to 3 fruits per smoothie or i would add everything, every time :blush: (i :heart: fruit)

i have these for lunch at work a lot, its just easy

never thought of freezing brown bananas, gonna steal that one

omg, i'm alllll about the smoothies! i throw in oooodles of fruit (mango, banana, strawberry, and i usually have a bag of frozen mixed fruits) all organic. i toss in some goji berry juice (or whatever juice i have), some plain, unsweetened soy yogurt, a few squirts of flaxseed oil.... that's a boatload of antioxidants right there :cool:

keep it up dee!!!

and i'll be freezing my bananas now too. thanks :smile:

#56 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

randomly found this on fb. Is that your hair? :)
Posted Image

could be? i use scrunchies still :blush:
they fit easy in jeans pockets cuz i dont wear a purse usually...

any idea what show it was?
it was a while ago cuz my hair is darker now :lol:

#57 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,921 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

it was from someone's mountain jam pictures on the mountain jam page. :)

#58 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

it was from someone's mountain jam pictures on the mountain jam page. :)

ahhhh...i am gonna guess latenight lettuce then, due to the heat on tonys face (it was an over in there)
i am guessing it was this point he was looking for steveo who was supposed to be meeting us there :dance:

i guess my hair is lighter than i think it is? :dunno:

:funny1:

#59 Spiderweb

Spiderweb
  • VibeTribe
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I'm proud of you Dee:heart::smile:

#60 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

Hey Dee, keep up the good work. Maybe we could meet somewhere after work sometime and go for a hike. :heart:

I'm keeping a food log as NJFunk suggested. Just started, I'm on track to lose about a pound a week, so that by missphishy's wedding I'm smokin'. Those strangecreek photos were just too much to bare. Paying attention to the number of calories I take in....I was worried that with all the work that goes into keeping track, that I would be thinking about food all the time, but so far so good. Still trying to figure out how to get more vegetables in...4-5/day is a lot. :lol: I've been trying to follow the adage "First eat what you have to eat, then eat what you want to eat." I do better spreading meals out so instead of three larger meals, I eat 5 or 6 small meals. I don't drink at all during the week, and really I only drink on the weekend if I'm 'doing something,' but I'm still a little concerned that rthat will hang me up over the summer. Think I'll cut back some and stick to vodka tonics. :funny1:

Anyway, I don't want to take over your thread, but good job and keep up the good work. I mean it about the hike.

#61 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hey wit...not to hyjack dee's thread, but I found that it was hard to incoporate veggies into my meals at first...then instead of a fried egg in the am, I would do an omelete with spinach and mushies, when ever I make a pasta dish I make sur there is at least one veggie...just marinara, zucchini's go great, vodka sauce is awesome with peas/asparagus

I also roast a bunch of veggies and leave them in th fridge for snacking. Cauliflower, aspargus, beets, portabellos...they keep well and are a quick and filling snack. When I'm hungry I don'/t have 45 minutes to wait, but since they all roast at the same temp I can throw them in all together :)

Also cut up veggies for dipping instead of chips(although i go through 2 bags of blue chips aweek lately :eep: ). I make a great white bean dip and quac that make great quick snacks, also hummus with veggis in it like rst. red peppers.

I now make an effort for 3 meals a week to be totally veggie...no pasta/rice/meat included.

I just discovered http://www.clifforda.../recipe_id/830/ and am totally in love...although it's not the recipie I used, it looks much better and will be trying it again :)

Good luck

Oh and Avocados make a great snack as well...a little lime juice and salt!

One more thing. I can't say it enough, cutting out sugar helped me drop 12 lbs in a month. NO sugar...not even furit...I don't do low carb though...I could never do no carb.

#62 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

Just don't go crazy with avocados. One avocado has 300 cals. It's mostly very healthy unsaturated fat, so in moderation, it's one of the healthiest things you can have, but you have to be aware that the calories pile up quickly.

#63 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Erin. The veggie omelet is actually something I can pull off because I can cook when I get to work. Yeah, I have two or three meals a week veggie now too, although I usually have brown rice with it, like a stirfry or something. Dinners it's easy to fit in, it's the rest of the day that's trickier....I think Im going to start making up snack baggies for myself for work lunches and snacks. I have a voracious appetite, and will eat whatever is on hand, and I've been getting very much better at making sure whatever that is good stuff- yogurt, nuts, oatmeal, fruit...just want to do better with the veggies.:smile:

I'm thinking of trying some kind of summer nutrition challenge with my kids...so theyll get the recommended amount. Abby prefers her veggies raw or in a salad, Jerry prefers his veggies in like a stirfry or curry dish. Haven't quite figured out the details, but Abby is psyched. Maybe introduce a new veggie we haven't tried per week, with three or four preparations or something. so if you have any ideas Teach... :wink:

#64 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

Oh, and that is absolutely Dee in the pic, I'm certain of it I can totally imagine her turning around and seeing her shining smile. :smile:

#65 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

hard not to smile when you are in a hot sweaty room full of lettuce stylie funk and happy hippies who are tired from a full day of music but ready for moooo :dance: oooooore :Phishfolk:

ironically enough, i went to bed at 4:20 both fri and sat
and was still on the mountain, showered, with coffee and breakfast on board, newly-smuggled beers in tow, ready for more, by about 11 am :jamguy:

it was a good little sprint to prepare for the marathon that vibes is :funny1:

coulda done without the multiple black fly and spider bites though :undecided:
had an allergic reaction driving home on monday
breathing got labored and broke out in hives all over my body :eek:
made it home but went straight to my drs office
got some antibiotics cuz she thought one was showing bad signs :dunno:

still have scars and deep bruising around the spots i got bit
kinda sucked but whatchagonnado? :dunno:
hope the scars fade soon :sad:

blah
i will stfu now :blush:
and go back to trying to be healthy
still not seeing the results i want and i know exactly why, but i am doing my best and when i can give more, i will
*sigh*

sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

#66 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Ouchie! That sucks about the bites Dee, glad you managed your way back and are on the mend. You'll get there. I think for the long term the lifestyle changes you have made are great, even if your shorter term goals aren't realized yet. :heart:

#67 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

ok, so i posted on 5/8 that i weighed myself
i just jumped on again
20 pounds down in 5 weeks
i am satisfied with that since i was in no way good the ENTIRE time (did a lot of drinking at mtn jam :blush: )
if i can ramp it up a bit more, i should feel pretty good by vibes :ura1:

#68 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

YAY! I'm so glad you are seeing results! Go Dee go!

#69 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

ok, so i posted on 5/8 that i weighed myself
i just jumped on again
20 pounds down in 5 weeks
i am satisfied with that since i was in no way good the ENTIRE time (did a lot of drinking at mtn jam :blush: )
if i can ramp it up a bit more, i should feel pretty good by vibes :ura1:

Holy shit Dee that's fucking awesome! (sorry about the obscenties, but seriously- it's 20 farking lbs! That's fantastic!)

Good work love, keep it up. :heart: :bouncey:

I feel like the scale is off at work because it's saying I lost way more than I possibly could have in two weeks, but I'll take it. :lol:

#70 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Awesome!! Great job Dee. :wink::clapping::jamguy:

#71 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

I read in another thread she's down a total of 40! I thought I'd bring the happy news over here!

I'm so proud of you DEE...perserverence paid off!

#72 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

it kinda bugs me tho
i am still really gross when i look in the mirror
all i think is "god, how gross WAS i?!?!?!" :undecided:

but onward
and downward

#73 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

stop focusing on what you think is 'gross' and focus on things that you like about yourself...trust me..it hlps a lot

#74 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

so, i am resurrecting this thread
i had some major health issues rear their heads in june and thought they were gone but recently in october they came back
so i had a major surgery in june and another in october (a week or so ago) with a follow-up surgery next week :undecided:
i lost a ton after the june surgery and kept it off and now the recent health issues have started another loss "event"
i know its not healthy to lose weight due to health issues but i will take it however i can, dammit :ravn:

but the "good" part of this is that i am down again
i lost that 40 and put it all back on
and now its off again
and i am still losing
i cant go to the gym due to my health issues :bang: but i am still trying to eat sensible and get in as much exercise as i can
i am losing up to a few pounds a week on a regular basis and those who dont see me every day are noticing :clapping:

i am poor and now in need of new clothes (unhappy side effect :dunno: for a gal who HATES to shop!)
i am happier with my reflection altho i am still wanting it to be better

i am the lowest weight i have been in quite a few years now and want to keep going but winter is such a challenge for emotional-eater-me :plain:

i try to make each choice a step and not give up cuz of a bad choice or two

i pray that i can go back to the gym soon!

anyway
i am not brave enough to post weight numbers here but suffice to say a major weight number that i havent been on the 'south' side of in many many years is close
so close i can taste it...and i want it badly :ura1:

here's hopin next time you see me, you dont recognize me :v:

#75 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

Very happy that you're still positive and focusing on your health gains (and weight loss) despite any setbacks from surgery. We're rooting for you! :heart: seems like you really want this. Hoping each day it becomes a little easier to achieve those goals :smile:

#76 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,580 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

:heart::heart::heart:

Meet that marker Dee and I have a dress that would look beautiful on you that I wore in a fashion show for a classy boutique.

Looking forward to #1s. :naughty:

#77 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Dee- I'm glad you're losing weight and feeling good even if health issues are weighing you down. Sounds like you're still being healthy and hey you feel great so there's nothing wrong with that! :clapping:

I hope to see you again real soon. :wink:

#78 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

Meet that marker Dee and I have a dress that would look beautiful on you that I wore in a fashion show for a classy boutique.

Looking forward to #1s. :naughty:

deal, mama :clapping:

(un?)fortunately i am down another 5 pounds in a couple weeks
had a surgery last week and for a week before and the week since, i just aint that hungry
no fever or anything, just no appetite :dunno:

making myself eat at least one good balanced meal a day and i try to have at least a banana or a smoothie or some cereal for breakfast
maybe percocets are my answer to a "diet pill" :lol:
(bad attempt of making a joke about my health issues lately :blush: )

anyway, please pray that i will heal without incident, guys
the issues i have been facing are crippling me financially :bang: but worse than that, they are making it really hard for me to get out and exercise :bang:
(my last trip to the gym literally precipitated my last surgery :bang: )

i am terribly frustrated but NOT giving up
i am too old and ornery to give up that easy
:joker:

just needed to vent and for some reason i feel like in this forum i am not seen as 'attention-seeking' altho i really appreciate you responders 'attention' as any encouragement is ingested and enthusiastically appreciated :heart: :v:

i think my favorite thing right now is wearing all my old favorite tee shirts that i just havent fit into in quite a few years :ura1:

teo, when i reach my goal in about 25 pounds, can we please make plans and hang out somewhere we can get dressed up and get handsome handymen to buy us pink drinks? :devil:

however, i have a secret 'plan' i want to put in motion at some point
it involves knocking someones socks (and hopefully the rest of their attire :eek: ) off and making their head(s) spin :monkey:

sorry for the foray into :naughty: land but for me, its motivation :funny1:

ok, so i can do this/keep doing this/succeed at this
i KNOW i can:Phishfolk:

#79 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

congrats Dee! how exciting.... I am lucky that I have a kick ass gym buddy keeping me moving because losing weight can be such a frustrating game with all the ups and downs! exercising when you are overweight can be hard (as I type this I am sitting icing my knees)

even if its not the best circumstance that has you losing its a lot better than gaining :rose:

#80 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Stay healthy Dee... your post gets me worrying about you a little bit even though it sounds like you have a healthy sense of humor about it all.

However I'm psyched you have some motivation!! :devil:

#81 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

still going strong
my stomach has really shrunk
hope once i am not pain med dependent anymore i wont go back to emo-eating :moon:

anyway
trying to stay healthy as i can and eat, sleep and exercise to the best of my ability
cross your fingers for me that my health issues will continue to improve and NOT flare up again 3 months later like they did this year for me :bang:

no more surgery for dee, please! ::kneels and begs the powers that be::

#82 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

((Dee))

:cheerleader:

#83 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

next drs appt the day before turkey day
been off pain meds for weeks now and am still losing
less than 15 pounds to a milestone i havent seen in like a decade :eek:

still cant go to the gym though and thats frustrating
cant even walk good long walks for now :bang:
hoping things get to the point where i can do so again soon! ::crosses fingers::
(if things go well at the drs appt...)

#84 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,580 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

:ura1: You are an amazing beautiful woman. :heart:

#85 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

not feeling so amazing or beautiful today :cry:

just found out i need another surgery in january :bang:
this on top of needing to change jobs ( = temporary loss of benefits) in a fairly immediate fashion (hoped to be gone by months end)
i am crushed by disappointment and frustration
i keep doing the "right" things and other than losing weight, everything else sucks - save for a couple precious things in my life that keep me going :heart:

almost to that milestone
plateaued but i havent gained
whatever
i would gain 20 pounds to make my health issues go away :bang: :cry:

once my health issues are gone i can go back to the gym and bike and be more active and not have this hanging over my head like it has since june of this year
i prayed so hard and it didnt work :cry:

#86 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,302 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

:heart:((Dee)):heart:

#87 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

(((Dee))) Sorry to hear of your surgery! After that you can bounce back and get back on track to hit your goal. :heart:

Good luck with the job situation!

#88 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,374 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart:

#89 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,483 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

well, the job has ended
its a good thing
:moon: to that 5.5 years of my life
good riddance

with my friends encouragement
my determination to 'take no prisoners' (wise words from a fellow Pea :heart: )
and the grace of the powers that be, i will be fine

file for unemployment on monday
look into masshealth or cobra right after
never look back

fuck starbucks
they dont have me to push around anymore :carla:
glad i dont have to EVER go back there again

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MOM N POP COFFEE SHOPS! :Phishfolk:

Posted Image

#90 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,374 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

CONGRATS!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I may have an extra SCI ticket for Sunday night. :mrgreen:

#91 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

mazel tov on the leaving of starbucks. good luck on the surgery front. i hope to see you soon dee. :heart: