Photo

What celeb would turn you into a starstruck pile of goo?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Could be a traditional "star", or a writer, anyone really. Could be Steven Hawking!

If I could surprise you with one famous person, who would make you turn into a nerdy mess of excitement?

#2 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Neil Young--good one!

I cried at Peter Gabriel's concert and I know I would cry if I met him, and just horsely say really stupid things.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,133 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

I can tell you which one would necessitate a crate of Sham-wows.

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,545 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

This is a chick thread, isn't it?

#5 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,848 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Boys don't get gooey?

#6 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

i thought of the topic because Sheldon on Big Bang got ridiculously excited to meet Steven Hawking, and always goes nuts for Star Trek.

Male or female, everyone has someone that would make them starstruck, for whatever reason.

#7 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Boys don't get gooey?

Well... um... :undecided:

but I dunno... people are just people to me, famous or not it honestly doesn't make a difference to me for whatever reason :dunno:

#8 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,259 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Gobo Faggle

#9 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

any of my idols - we have been backstage at countless Allman bros shows and my hubby chats away with Warren - Gregg all the guys and I just stand there with a stupid grin on my face~

#10 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well... um... :undecided: but I dunno... people are just people to me, famous or not it honestly doesn't make a difference to me for whatever reason :dunno:

Well... um... :undecided: but I dunno... people are just people to me, famous or not it honestly doesn't make a difference to me for whatever reason :dunno:

this. times 100.

I watch those old videos of girls screaming and fainting and ripping out their hair over the beatles, or elvis or whoever and all I can think is "what a bunch of fucking morons"

#11 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,620 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

This.

The only famous person who might make me all duh and stuff is Morena Baccarin, but it has nothing to do with fame. I would just be entranced by her beauty...

#12 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,760 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've had the good fortune of being around some celebs and it's usually no big deal.

I've been starstruck twice. Once was Slash, the other was Bob Mould. :lol:

#13 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

In general, I prefer to think of people as just people - most of which would probably prefer that you treat them that way. I'm not sure anybody would turn me into a pile of goo, nowadays. But there's plenty of notables that I'd love to have a "real" conversation with and might find myself a little tongue-tied trying to be "real" and not just another fan: Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Robert Duval, and probably a few other notables (most would require a time machine - e.g. Spencer Tracy). People who I think are fun and maybe somewhat real: John Cusak, James Earl Jones, Mary Steenburgen. For pure fun (and teenage crush fulfillment): Mary Stuart Masterson and Lea Thompson. :lol:

IDK. I think it would be interesting talking to many celebs about different things, but only if from a slightly disinterested position. I think the minute you're a "fan" it probably changes their perspective on the conversation. :dunno:

#14 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

I don't know about a pile of goo, but it seems from recent experiences that any celebrity can turn me into an idiot. Recently met Stan Lee (one of the creators of Marvel Comics) and as I was at the front of the line with my wife, naturally the wandering videographer decides to interview us. I had a semi-rehearsed speech about how Stan's stories, especially the Hulk and Wolverine stories, helped me deal with a lot of untoward anger I had as a younger man. That touching speech stayed in my head, what I managed to spurt out in reality was, "I had rage issues when I was younger..." at which point Stan arrived and the cameraman turned to film him. Been looking for a clip of me looped saying "rage issues" over and over to go viral...or a restraining order from Mr. Lee

Later that day I got to meet the Fonz, Henry Winkler. That went okay, the first time. I then went and found my wife and brought her back to meet the Fonz. So he sees me there and says, it's nice to see you...again." I explain that I brought my wife to meet him this time and point to where...my wife is no longer standing. Fortunately she had not gone far and came right over. :teeth5:

#15 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,545 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I've interviewed enough musicians to not be fazed by their celebrity. Talking sports with Barber and Stasik was fun. I was completely tongue-tied when I met Frank Zappa.

(Actually, I am literally tongue-tied, but that's beside the point.)

#16 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

People are just people but Kate Hudson did make me feel tight in the jeans. :bigsmile:

#17 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Goo? Prolly Joni Mitchell...
I'm a prize fool for all that talent packed into such a nice package .

#18 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Bradley Cooper. Or Ryan Gosling. Or Alexander Skaarsgard (Eric from True Blood...nom).

Yum. That is all. ;)

#19 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't know about a pile of goo, but I was a bit of a babbling idiot when I met Mel Brooks. Definitely an "I can now die happy" moment for me. :)

#20 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,545 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

I don't know about a pile of goo, but if I had to interview Grace Potter while she was wearing her stage get-up, I might be asking questions that sound like "humina humina humina."

#21 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

ask Dee about meeting Warren Haynes. :lol:

#22 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Joel Hodgeson
J Elvis Weinstein
Trace Beaulieu
Frank Conniff
Mary Jo Pehl

#23 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've had the good fortune of being around some celebs and it's usually no big deal. I've been starstruck twice. Once was Slash, the other was Bob Mould. :lol:

Slash totally threw me for a loop in respect to how much of a "regular guy" he came off as... I worked a 2 night run doing stage access for Velvet Revolver and he took the time (which is very very rare) to say hi and thank all the folks. Now that Scott Weiland... he's a freak.

Don't get star struck, per se - but yeah, kates hudson goo would do me in.

#24 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Joel Hodgeson J Elvis Weinstein Trace Beaulieu Frank Conniff Mary Jo Pehl

disagree, you'd do just fine with the MST3K crew. now if you actually met Crow T. Robot, i think you'd freak.

as for me, it's only happened once with a celeb. i was quite literally paralyzed when Leelee Sobieski entered a room i was playing once. i started to freeze up so bad that only my fingers were still working, which was good as they had work to do (my trio was playing a party she attended). i'd always had a crush on her in that movie-star way, and there she was, and i was right about the crush, all along. :lol:

#25 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,106 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

ask Dee about meeting Warren Haynes. :lol:

yup
pretty gooey :blush:
and yummy :devil:

meeting jerry was a gooey moment, as well :lol:

those two were my 'worst' but the other one that jumps to mind was when i had vassar clements attention at mini-vibes
i had so many witty and complimentary things to say to him but they flew out of my head when he was in front of me
he bowed to me and smiled and called me "pretty lady" as he shook my hand but all i could stammer out was
"oh my god...thank you...i love your music so much"
yup
really original
i bet he NEVER hears that :rolleyes:
:lol:

#26 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

disagree, you'd do just fine with the MST3K crew. now if you actually met Crow T. Robot, i think you'd freak.

No I completely gushed when I got to shake their hands and get their autographs :lol:

#27 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

No I completely gushed when I got to shake their hands and get their autographs :lol:

:lol: that's awesome. i don't do autographs anymore, but when i met Harvey Keitel, i wasn't intimidated because he was so damn short.

#28 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,678 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

#29 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,530 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

He didn't turn me into a pile of goo, but I was totally speechless when I met Carlos Santana in O'Hare Airport about 15 years ago. I just shook his hand, smiled and nodded when I realized that I couldn't say anything. :lol:

I've met a lot of famous musicians over the years and have never had this problem, but some reason being in the presence of Carlos totally flustered me. :lol:

#30 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I am not one to get super starstruck, people are people, etc. but I still think everyone has a somebody who would blow their mind and make them stammer and get that far away look in the eyes!