• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,531 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

seems like i should be able to do something with these and bake it, your ideas? :huh: :)

#2 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

flake the haddock, add some eggs, and make a quiche?

#3 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,531 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

fish quiche, ummm no. i don't like fish so i need something not fishy, if that makes sense :lol:

#4 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Dee told me about this web site where you enter your ingredients on hand and it suggests recipes.

#5 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ok, how about some haddock tacos? Fry it up with the spinach and some salsa and spice, top w/ cream cheese instead of sour cream

#6 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

mix em all up, put in baking dish, bake it and call it a casserole :smile:

#7 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,370 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

i would do a baked "stuffed"...make a nice mixture with the cream cheese (room temp) and spinach (squeeze moisture out) and some other ingredients/herbs to your liking
i would opt for maybe some sundried tomato or some kalmatas and a touch of feta along with some oregano and rosemary...just smear it on the haddock fillets and bake
shouldnt take too long...i would go fast and hot...like 450 and check it after 10 minutes or so

this is off the top of my head
you can poke around on epicurious.com, they have some great recipe ideas - i use them all the time

#8 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Use spinach to make fresh spinach fettuccine, cream cheese and parm for alfredo sauce, cook up the haddock.

Seafood Alfredo over spinach fettuccine

#9 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,531 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

he says 'cook up the haddock' like i know what that means. :fp: :funny1:

will check that out Dee, that sounds more like what i'm imagining. totally imagining, mind you............

#10 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,370 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

you could totally run with the greek ingredients theme and fill it with yummy veggies
artichoke hearts and asparagus, maybe some carmelized onions/garlic
easy on the more intense flavored ingredients like the garlic and olives, it will overwhelm the haddock (or maybe thats what you want? :wink: )
if you just brush it on thinly, you will get a crispier fish (depending on how thick it is)
if you want more of a melt-in-your-mouth fish, slather it on, maybe even use a ramekin? :dunno:

again, no promises - i have never done it but in theory, it seems doable
you could also use stale bread, crackers or whatever bready thing you have (even corn flakes!) and make a crust

#11 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,451 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Dee told me about this web site where you enter your ingredients on hand and it suggests recipes.

supercook.com