the bard has left our lives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Five years ago I looked online to find an adoptable ferret as we had just lost our Fern. I came across a male down at the Augusta Humane Society who captivated me. The next day I drove the hour journey to see and adopt him. When I laid eyes on him one thing came to mind, he was a Bard. Knowing ferrets respond better to two sylable names I named him Barduke, the bard because of how he made me feel about him and duke for the royalty ferrets hold in my heart. In his five years with us he was Satchmo's companion and buddy till Satchmo passed four years ago. His greatest love was Pennylane a female ferret we adopted who only lasted two years due to advanced adrenal gland disorder. In his time he befriended every new pet in the house including one more rescued ferret, two cats and recently our new puppy Prudence. He had been battling adrenal now since september and the drugs prolonged him till now. There are not enough words in the world to express my love for this gentle soul. Quite simply he touched me in ways no other fuzzy since our first ferret Nookie fifteen years ago was able to do. We have lost three ferrets in the last year, two to adrenal gland disorder, and the third to advanced sickness due to being abandoned on the waterfront before we found her at the humane society. Bardduke>I will always love and miss you, you were the one pet I never had to worry about, even during your last week with us you found the strength to rebound for a couple of days (literally a bard) and befriend the newest addition to our "Land of Misfit Toys" as Amy put it on monday to play with the new pup (shocked us I have never seen a nearly emaciated creature snap out of it for about twenty minutes to play with a six month old puppy or any animal and I never will again). Lastly I will dediacte my favorite Elton John/Bernie Taupin song to you, its called Curtains. Peace and love to all who read this. Ray :cur: 'I held a dandilion that said the has come , to leave upon the wind, not to return, till summer burns the earth again' Miss you Bard>papa!

#2 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

so sorry for your loss :( you've had a tough year with the ferrets <3

#3 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

three this year Samantha whom I adopted after being found almost emaciated, she lived her last three weeks being loved and playing. Then there was Pennylane who succombed to adrenal gland disorder, she was Barddukes soul mate so when she passed I sort of knew he would go sooner than I would have liked. We now have two cats and a dog which is good enough for now. I say that now but would not bank on it seeing my love for the fuzzies, besides the dog looooooooves ferrets. It was her and not the two cats who were playmates of his for years, to comfort him in his last week with us. We'll see how things go over the next month with the cats. If it does not get better I will get another so she has a companion in the house. The thing is I am crazy for ferrets but in adopting you never have an acurate age on them. Even before this year we lost three years ago within two years and with each ones passing I go through hell. Amy only loved one ferret, our first Nookie. She has never really liked them but tolerates them for me. :shocked:

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'm so sorry ... :heart: :heart: :heart:

#5 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,711 posts