Game of Thrones TV series

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#51 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Things are seriously diverting from the books now. I guess it was inevitable. In the books, Arya never even meets Tywin Lannister, and is cup-bearer for Roose Bolton at Harringhall. Roose Bolton is the one who offered to have his bastard re-take Winterfell from Theon for Rob Stark.

Arya stealing intelligence from Tywin, having his head guardsman find out, and then having Jaquen kill him were all not in the book. It's kinda crazy to not know what's going to happen after having them be so faithful last season.

#52 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

OMG! Who stole the dragons!!!!

#53 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Everytime I go "hmmmm" while watching, my husband says "That wasn't in the book either?" lol

#54 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Of course also the stolen dragons and slain Khalasar!! WTF?!

I really hate not knowing what's up...but it's kinda fun too.

#55 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

ok... so i finally watched the last two weeks of episodes....

Are the dead burnt bodies the Stark kids?

#56 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Things are seriously diverting from the books now. I guess it was inevitable. In the books, Arya never even meets Tywin Lannister, and is cup-bearer for Roose Bolton at Harringhall. Roose Bolton is the one who offered to have his bastard re-take Winterfell from Theon for Rob Stark. Arya stealing intelligence from Tywin, having his head guardsman find out, and then having Jaquen kill him were all not in the book. It's kinda crazy to not know what's going to happen after having them be so faithful last season.

Agreed! So many things so different in this 2nd season...

#57 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

So as long as it doesn't give away any massive plot points, Why was Winterfell burned? and by whom? That was completely confusing...

and now there's a Zombie army readying to attack the Wall and a Wilding army massing as well?

Also a little bummed that Arya didn't take off with the faceless man to become a super ninja assassin. I was really liking that dude.

Also a little confused that Sansa didn't take off with the Hound.
A. He's the safest guy to be around.
B. I'd like him to switch sides.

Instead we've got Littlefinger trying to sell her back to her mother for either Jamie or the mother's hand in marriage?

#58 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm not sure who burned Winterfell in TV show, it was one group in particular in book but show it could either be Theon's 15 or so Krakens or Ramsey Bolton's Army outside the wall with the horn. I'm not sure we are supposed to know which on TV yet.

Yes there does appear to be two a Wildling Army, the Crows and a Army of UnDead too.

Arya has a cople of things yet to do where she is now.

Sansa's story is slightly diffrent in TV, but at this point any differences are moot, and we are basically where she is going in book. What Littlefinger says he is doing and what he is doing is always interesting.

#59 suunshine

suunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

they really need to step it up or something..i love this show, but the last few eps have been snoring

#60 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Book 3 and Season 3(hopefully) has some of the biggest moments of the story.

#61 suunshine

suunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

#62 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm not sure who burned Winterfell in TV show, it was one group in particular in book but show it could either be Theon's 15 or so Krakens or Ramsey Bolton's Army outside the wall with the horn.

I guess I don't understand why they didn't have the old man tell us. It seemed to be set up that Theon's men were going to deliver him in exchange for being allowed to go home, in which case you'd assume they wouldn't burn the castle. If its going to be the invading army that sacked the city and took Greyjoy hostage, it doesn't seem like that exciting a plot point to withhold...

Also more than a little odd that Tyrion gets put in charge by his father to be the Hand of the King. Then is doing a pretty good job holding the castle, until his father comes to the rescue, but because his sister wants him dead is completely overlooked? Since his father put him in charge to do a job and he did it well, wouldn't he still be in charge? Instead the father's horse shits on the floor and gets the hell out of dodge...

#63 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well if it was Bolton's army it is interesting if they burned the castle being that they are sworn vassels to Winterfell/Starks.

Tyrion was Acting Hand of the King, Tywin his father was always the Hand, but while in Riverlands had Tyrion act as hand in King's Landing.

Also Tywin and Cersie both blame Tryion for their wife/mother's death at his birth.

#64 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

"So the joke is, his son and grandson are looking for the girl and he's got her the whole time and doesn't know it. "I kinda feel like he knows it who she is, but is playing dumb at this point. He knew she was a girl, he knows she isnt from whatever bogus family she said she was from, and the girl can read better than his knight. I think he knows...

I would tend to agree, especially since he said he was attacking the Stark army and then turned around and went to defend King's Landing instead.

However, why did allow her to escape?

#65 suunshine

suunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

wow, you guys are waaaaay more into this than i am.....

...*slowly backs out of thread*.....

#66 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well if it was Bolton's army it is interesting if they burned the castle being that they are sworn vassels to Winterfell/Starks

I agree that's an interesting "could be", but is it really interesting enough to have us wait 6+ months to figure it out. Seems like it would have more power if the old man gave that reason as to why they have to flee north..

Tyrion was Acting Hand of the King, Tywin his father was always the Hand, but while in Riverlands had Tyrion act as hand in King's Landing. Also Tywin and Cersie both blame Tryion for their wife/mother's death at his birth.

So Tywin is really going to allow his grandson to be in charge? Seems like he's smarter than that. Plus there was a whole speech about sending Tryion to be the acting hand and how he was the best man for the job.
Sure the kid can be "the king" but he's been truly awful at defending the city and the mob tried to murder him the other week.

#67 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

So Tywin is really going to allow his grandson to be in charge?

No. Tywin is going to be the Hand now. He seems to be just as capable as anyone of handling that little fucking incest bastard Joffrey.

#68 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Tywin doesn't really have a choice of Joffrey being in charge, sure he could supplant Joffrey, but why? He was Robert's Heir despite the parentage question(unknown to Robert). Tywin has a Lannister on the throne and two as Advisors, I don't think Tywin is inclined to put another succession issue up when he already has a Lion who listens to his advice on the throne already.

And yeah the whole Winterfell/Bran/Maester Luwin was all rather unexplained, agreed.

#69 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

No. Tywin is going to be the Hand now. He seems to be just as capable as anyone of handling that little fucking incest bastard Joffrey.

Doesn't he have to finish the war with Robb Stark still? (He made a big speech about this being his last battle)

#70 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yes he does, and lets just say Tywin is prepared to battle the Starks.

#71 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yes he does, and lets just say Tywin is prepared to battle the Starks.

So then he needs an "acting" Hand, correct? and even though the Imp did a good job defending the city, he's out because his sister wants him dead? So did Littlefinger get that job or just a castle? or the Queen to be's brother?

#72 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Not necessarily, the only thing I can say without giving up too much is that Tywin has this covered, and he plans on staying close to King's Landing and delegating.

And about Tyrion doing well by King's Landing is similar to his work at Casterly Rock and the Sewers, a dirty job he did well on, but won't make his father forgive him for killing his mother.

#73 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Not necessarily, the only thing I can say without giving up too much is that Tywin has this covered, and he plans on staying close to King's Landing and delegating. And about Tyrion doing well by King's Landing is similar to his work at Casterly Rock and the Sewers, a dirty job he did well on, but won't make his father forgive him for killing his mother.

Ok. That'll have to do for now :)

#74 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,801 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Overall I thought this season really had it's ups and downs. Not nearly as good as the first season but still held my attention. I did think the white walker army at the end seemed kind of random and out of nowhere.

#75 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Almost time for a Season 3 thread!

#76 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Best show ever.

#77 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Best show ever.

Game of Thrones and Mad Men are my favorite shows currently on tv.  (I just wish they didn't show so close together :( )

#78 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

gameofthrones-hbo-building-dragons-577x1

#79 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Game of Thrones and Mad Men are my favorite shows currently on tv. (I just wish they didn't show so close together :( )

So different, but so good

#80 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Liking Season 3 so far...

#81 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

So far so good.

#82 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yup, elements of book 4 already.

#83 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

D'oh I had forgotten this is based on a series of novels.  Does this mean those of you who have read the books already know what is coming?

#84 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

80% yes, There are significant differences, more apparently on the way according to the actress who plays Sansa. This weeks Jaime Lannister ending cliff hanger ending was no surprise to anyone who read the books.

#85 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

80% yes, There are significant differences, more apparently on the way according to the actress who plays Sansa. This weeks Jaime Lannister ending cliff hanger ending was no surprise to anyone who read the books.

I heard the author says do not worry about book 8 or 9 being completed by the time they get to filming those seasons.

I did not read the books.  I wasted my time on the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.

#86 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

The cliff hanger was a surprise to me, although I suspected all was not going to be peaches and cream.

#87 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

My wife was re watching season 2 this past weekend.  She sometimes zones out and does not pay attention to a specific story line. So she wanted to rewatch.

Like she despises the Stanis storyline.

I despise Stansa character, but still pay attention.

The story line that in this recent episode that escaped me.  May be someone can help...

When Stanis is meeting with the lady who wants to bear his child, but says he needs to be King first.  What was that all about and when was she introduced as a character?  What part of this story line did I miss prior to that scene?

#88 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

The story line that in this recent episode that escaped me.  May be someone can help...

When Stanis is meeting with the lady who wants to bear his child, but says he needs to be King first.  What was that all about and when was she introduced as a character?  What part of this story line did I miss prior to that scene?

Melisandre is the witch.  They had sex on the wooden map table and later she bore a smoke demon that came into the tent of Stannis's brother and killed him

#89 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

The new book will be number 6, The Winds of Winter, there was a plan for 7 books, but I can't see it ending without at least number 8.

Things are just getting started.

#90 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

The new book will be number 6, The Winds of Winter, there was a plan for 7 books, but I can't see it ending without at least number 8.

Things are just getting started.

Right?

I am so scared it will end something like "and then the blizzard covered Westeros in 1000 feet of snow and they all died."

#91 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm pretty sure it will.

#92 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Melisandre is the witch.  They had sex on the wooden map table and later she bore a smoke demon that came into the tent of Stannis's brother and killed Renly.

I thought she was the one with curly red hair.  I thought the woman in the most recent episode was a brunette.

#93 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Right?

I am so scared it will end something like "and then the blizzard covered Westeros in 1000 feet of snow and they all died."

They havent referred to any one as a summer child, or the pending winter that is supposedly coming in quite a while.  Early season 2 I think.

#94 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Unless I mistake what scene you are talking about then it was definitely Milisandre in any scene with Stannis at his castle.  In the book he has a wife and female child who don't appear to be in the show, unless I overlooked it.  

Milisandre was in a scene with Stannis this episode, She may have appeared Brunette in dark castle scene? I don't remember any other women, and the castle is an Island in the sea, so they don't show up easily there.

Also in this world the Summer/Winter thing is about a decade long caused by whatever Doomed  the Empire that Daenery's ancestors came from before they took over Westeros.

#95 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I thought she was the one with curly red hair.  I thought the woman in the most recent episode was a brunette.

Maybe the colors looked a little weird against the ocean and the rocks, but it was Melisandre.

As slow as Dany's story moves at times, at least each visit with her feels long enough for her to be a character. Stannis' latest appearance — in which Melisandre prepares him for "sacrifices" that will have to be made to increase his power — clocks in at under three minutes. I like Stephen Dillane, but the TV version of Stannis remains a cipher for the most part.

#96 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Maybe the colors looked a little weird against the ocean and the rocks, but it was Melisandre.

As slow as Dany's story moves at times, at least each visit with her feels long enough for her to be a character. Stannis' latest appearance — in which Melisandre prepares him for "sacrifices" that will have to be made to increase his power — clocks in at under three minutes. I like Stephen Dillane, but the TV version of Stannis remains a cipher for the most part.

I like that some stories are not forced into some episodes.  Nothing important is happening with them, no need to show them.

#97 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I like that some stories are not forced into some episodes.  Nothing important is happening with them, no need to show them.

Yeah that was written by Alan Sepinwall.  He did an interview with the show runner and mentioned how fantastic the Battle of Blackwater was, since in stayed in one place the whole episode and how he wished the show could do that more often.  Basically the reply was, we can only afford to make 10 or so episodes a year, so we really can't get enough of the story told that way...

#98 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Darcarys. :onfire:

Fucking great episode. Loved so many scenes - Varys and Lady Tyrell, Theon, Margaery and Joffrey, Varys and Tyrion...

And what in the world is the deal with Podrick being like the best lover ever?? I thought last week that Tyrion set it up so they would give the money back to give Pod's ego a boost, but loks like that is not the case.

#99 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

And what in the world is the deal with Podrick being like the best lover ever?? I thought last week that Tyrion set it up so they would give the money back to give Pod's ego a boost, but loks like that is not the case.

I know!  This is too :lol:

#100 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

The bathtub scene (episode 5) was just as awesome as I had imagined it being, and Arya asking Thoros if he could heal a man with no head was just as heartbreaking.