Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Very Excited

#4 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Did everyone see the excerpt from Book 6 he posted?

http://georgerrmarti.../if-sample.html

#5 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

OH BOY!

#6 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

I can't freakin wait!!

#7 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

i'm sorta looking forward to it. :beard:

#8 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

You know nothing...

#9 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

http://www.hitfix.co...ter-in-season-2

Review: HBO's 'Game of Thrones' is bigger and better in season 2

Sometimes with storytelling, less is more, and more is less. Sometimes, when you have too much going on — too many characters, too many storylines, too many big moments — nothing gets the proper attention or makes the intended impact. Sometimes — particularly in the world of television, where there are limits in terms of both time and money — you're better off focusing on a smaller group of things you can do well.

Sometimes, though, if you have talented enough people — and, even better, if they're working off of great source material — then more can, in fact, be more. "Justified" has demonstrated that repeatedly this season as it's thrown a virtual army of colorful bad guys at Raylan Givens. And on Sunday night at 9, HBO's "Game of Thrones" makes its triumphant return with a second season that features more of everything: more characters, more locations, more brutality.

And, as the follow-up to an incredibly strong debut season, it's even more fun.

With all these lessons and statements come a broader view of Westeros and the surrounding countries. It was an occasional treat last year when the show's marvelous opening title sequence — a map of Westeros where the different cities and castles rose out of the ground like clockwork toys — would add a new location depending on where the story traveled. There are four new ones in the first four episodes of season two alone, each with its own impressive design.

The show feels more confident in many other ways. It's smoother in transitioning from character to character, city to city, even as it has to do it more quickly than ever before. (The one major returning character who seems to suffer a bit is Daenerys, as her appearances in the early going tend to be brief, and still a continent away from the rest of the action.) It's even more willing to use humor to keep the fantasy elements from seeming ponderous, while being bolder in its depiction of the magical side of things. (Among other things, I finally understand what the big deal is with the direwolves.)

There are a few instances where more actually is a bit less — the show becomes even more brazen in its use of what TV academic/blogger Myles McNutt dubbed "sexposition," where characters only reveal their innermost secrets while cavorting with naked prostitutes — but almost everywhere you look in Westeros, and in "Game of Thrones" season 2, more is better.

Winter is coming. And it's about time.

#10 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

TODAY TODAY TODAY TODAY TODAY!!!!!!!!

#11 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I have 2.5 hours to kill before it starts! What do I do with myself for all that time?

(My response to your first thought: no, that would be over waaaaay too quickly)

#12 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

:crazy:

SO psyched!

#13 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

26 minutes!!!

#14 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Good 1st episode! It would be great if they were two hours instead of one :thup:

#15 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

2 hours would be like mini movies :lol:

Good start but I felt they could have spent more time with dragons since that was how they left it hanging.

#16 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

DVR malfunction'd :bang:

#17 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Good start but I felt they could have spent more time with dragons since that was how they left it hanging.

How much more time should they have spent? They have SO much information to convey, and they got across that having the dragons hasn't made things easier for Denaerys, and the Dragons aren't eating the food she's trying to feed them. I think that's plenty of time for the first episiode.

#18 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Our host went all out last night, creating a Thrones-themed dinner that was not only well thought out, but delicious.

Posted ImagePosted Image

We had:

Noble's White Bread
Peasant's Brown Loaf
Dornish Egg, Onion, and Cheese Bites with Fiery Peppers
The Imp's Fish and Onion Tarts (just what it sounds like...flat bread with onion, cheese, and anchovies)
Golden Roasted Brain of Targaryen (baked cauliflower mac and cheese)
Night's Watch Pease Porridge (hot and cold)
Dothraki-Conquered Lamb Folk Stew (lamb stew)
Mare's Heart, 2 Ways:
- Melissandre's Fiery Heart of Flame and Shadow (heart with fresh chili sauce)
- Khaleesi's Triumphant Ride (heart with garlic and herbs)

Renly's Fruit Cake
Skyrim Stolen Sweet Rolls

A Dry Dornish Red
A Braavosi Sparkling White
Northern Brown Ale

#19 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Man, the camera loves Peter Dinklage. Great smackdown of the petulant child king. Great smackdown of his sister, "If I could trick our father into anything, I'd be Emperor of the World." also "You had three Starks to trade for, now you only have one." Until he finally allows her some dignity.... and the great, "Oh the adventures I've had" Even the great back and forth he had with Sansa, apologizing to her and then realizing the tricky position she has to play.

seriously the show is so much better when he's on screen.

#20 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

How much more time should they have spent? They have SO much information to convey, and they got across that having the dragons hasn't made things easier for Denaerys, and the Dragons aren't eating the food she's trying to feed them. I think that's plenty of time for the first episiode.

Agreed. Her story really isn't germaine to the main plot right now. She's leading her people slowly to death and she can't go anywhere populated because the rulers will kill her and take the dragons. Oh and she's slowly fallling in love with the other guy and loosing her connection to Drago.

#21 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

What a great spread Diddy! Love it :thup:

#22 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

It was pretty fantastic. Wish I could take credit, but this was almost all our friends' work. Randy made the Targaryen Brains. :D

#23 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I liked it alot. Melissandre is well cast, as is Davos.

I liked the scene with Cersei and Littlefinger where she showed him what power really is. I am sure he is plotting his vengence.

#24 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

There were a couple of cool scenes last night that were never in the books; that confrontation between Littlefinger and Cirsei was one of them. I also liked the scenes with Rob and Cat.

#25 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

La la la not reading this thread until next year ;)

#26 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Game of Thrones' fans: You can have dinner with Peter Dinklage

It's not what your average Emmy-winning, Golden-Globe-winning, Entertainment Weekly cover boy does with his spare time.
But Peter Dinklage -- the Jersey-guy actor who's winning hearts and statuettes for his turn as Tyrion Lannister, the newly-installed Hand of the King on HBO's just-renewed "Game of Thrones" -- is not your average...well, any of those things.

Instead of staying home, polishing his trophies and playing with his baby girl, on April 30th, Dinklage will serve as host for a fundraising dinner for an off-Broadway theater troupe called The Play Company.

The theater's "Gourmet Cabaret" event will be held at at the American Airlines Theatre Penthouse at 227 West 42nd Street in New York. The party offers goodies from Valrhona Chocolate, Brooklyn Brewery and Gramercy Tavern (among many others), a performance by singer/actress Lauren Worsham -- and, yes, an evening in the company of Tyrion.

Publicists for The Play Company -- which is devoted to the staging of new works, particularly in translation -- say that Dinklage's wife, director Erica Schmidt, has worked with the company.

Tickets start at $150 -- which, while not cheap, is not so much more than the cable bill if you subscribe to HBO. (On the other hand, if you've got a Lannister's budget, you could take a table for ten, with a VIP reception, etc, etc, for a mere $10,000.)
To attend, visit the company's website or call (212) 398-2977

#27 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Season three renewal announced today :bouncey:

#28 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Natalie Dormer as Margaery going to be hard not to see her as Anne Boleyn.

Posted Image

#29 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

This season seems to be more confusing for those who haven't read the books - my husband is constantly asking me who people are.

#30 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

This season seems to be more confusing for those who haven't read the books - my husband is constantly asking me who people are.

I think it took a while for last year to settle in, too. The problem seems to be that they've introduced all these characters and are still laying the groundwork, but almost none of them have interacted with the old characters yet.

#31 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Season three renewal announced today :bouncey:

Looks like Book 3 will be split into Season 3 & 4. So they were hoping to get renewed for two more years, but apparently most of the people working on the show aren't under contract for Season 4.

#32 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I wonder what they are going to do when Arya, Bran, etc start to age out of their roles?

#33 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, Randy's been stopping the playback this season to ask questions here and there. In the last one she needed to know about the Greyjoy rebellion and what the Iron Islands were all about and who Theon was again.

#34 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

#35 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

More than a bit of torture this week on Game of Thrones.
One review was comparing the little King to American Psycho and the rats in the bucket to Orwell's 1984.

#36 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Shadow Baby!!!!!!!!

#37 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Oh my god.... i just watched this weeksepisode. What the hell did she give birth to?

#38 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Oh my god.... i just watched this weeksepisode. What the hell did she give birth to?

You`ll see next week what shadow babies do

#39 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

This can not be a good thing.... :confused:

#40 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Lots of change from the books in this and the past episodes, but I'm not that upset about any at this point, works better for TV.

#41 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Lots of change from the books in this and the past episodes, but I'm not that upset about any at this point, works better for TV.

I agree that there is lots of change. ALthough, I don't see that it's totally necessary? Some embellishment for Hollywood yes, but creating entire scenarios is odd to me.

Overall, I am loving it!

#42 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

is the old guy who took the stark girl as a cup bearer Tyrions Dad? Im a bit confused, its so hard keeping everyone straight...

#43 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

is the old guy who took the stark girl as a cup bearer Tyrions Dad? Im a bit confused, its so hard keeping everyone straight...

Yep, that is Tywin Lannister.

#44 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,678 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Yes

#45 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

can anyone just break down how the houses are aligned, who is allied with who, in a nutshell? Id truly appreciate a breakdown (or a link to it)

edit: i found a good one...
http://www.latimes.c...07253.htmlstory

#46 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

So the joke is, his son and grandson are looking for the girl and he's got her the whole time and doesn't know it.

#47 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

the 1st season was way easier to follow. i'm glad the husband read all the books this past few months so i can ask him what's going on here and there :)

#48 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

"So the joke is, his son and grandson are looking for the girl and he's got her the whole time and doesn't know it. "I kinda feel like he knows it who she is, but is playing dumb at this point. He knew she was a girl, he knows she isnt from whatever bogus family she said she was from, and the girl can read better than his knight. I think he knows...

#49 Chip

Chip
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

The best thing about the Tywin/Arya things in the TV show is it is entirely spoiler free from book, sure we know in general how things will go, but this is specifically different enough to not be too sure.

#50 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Posted Image