Are hoodies racial?

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#201 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

The last straw for what? That a potentially blundered and botched police investigation will mean it will be the last? I doubt it. Business as usual as soon as this case loses it's MSM flair. Kang'd.

the kind of last straw that rodney king was

#202 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Oh! I see. A new and improved "lets destroy the city we live in" last straw. Excellent.

#203 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

obviously this is not a good thing...but you can feel that kind of tension

things need to change

#204 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Looks like the prosecutor is going to make this call on her own.

Prosecutor won't use grand jury in Trayvon Martin shooting case

Special prosecutor Angela Corey has decided against using a grand jury in the case involving the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, her office said Monday.

The grand jury, set to convene Tuesday, was "previously scheduled by the former prosecutor," said the statement from Corey.

"The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," her office said.

Corey said the investigation into the case continues. The state attorney has maintained that a grand jury is not needed to file possible criminal charges against George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who killed the teen February 26.

The case has triggered a nationwide debate about Florida's "stand your ground" law -- which allows people to use deadly force anywhere they feel a reasonable threat of death or serious injury -- and race in America.

Prosecutors are trying to unravel what happened the night Martin was killed. Witnesses and attorneys for both sides have offered conflicting accounts. Two prosecutors are working to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to bring charges against Zimmerman, 28.

More
http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

#205 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm heading down to Florida with a copy of the Child Molestors list.

Any Child Molestor I find by themselves, where no witnesses are present will have attacked me, and I will have been in fear for my life.

When I put a fucking slug into them.

and I, of course, was simply "standing my own ground"

seems to be just that simple!! :woot:

WIN.

#206 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

:lol:

Let me know if you need money for ammo ;)

#207 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm heading down to Florida with a copy of the Child Molestors list. Any Child Molestor I find by themselves, where no witnesses are present will have attacked me, and I will have been in fear for my life. When I put a fucking slug into them. and I, of course, was simply "standing my own ground" seems to be just that simple!! :woot: WIN.

You better finish up Saturday's job before you go anywhere! :spank:

#208 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Updated at 2:57 p.m. ET: The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case will announce criminal charges against George Zimmerman on Wednesday, a law enforcement official told NBC News.

The nature of the charges wasn't immediately known, the official told NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, speaking on condition of anonymity. But because Angela Corey — the special prosecutor appointed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to re-examine the case — previously announced that she wouldn't take the case to a grand jury, first-degree murder is not an option.

http://usnews.msnbc....tors_picks=true

#209 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Updated at 2:57 p.m. ET: The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case will announce criminal charges against George Zimmerman on Wednesday, a law enforcement official told NBC News. The nature of the charges wasn't immediately known, the official told NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, speaking on condition of anonymity. But because Angela Corey — the special prosecutor appointed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to re-examine the case — previously announced that she wouldn't take the case to a grand jury, first-degree murder is not an option. http://usnews.msnbc....tors_picks=true

Guess they heard I was'a comin :cop:

#210 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

i'm not satisfied in the least until the possibility of a cover-up is investigated...this circus should not have had to happen for this guy to be charged 45 days later, and he would have never been charged if not for public outcry

zimmerman will be the scapegoatwhile police corruption continues otherwise

#211 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Trayvon Martin's mother: 'I believe it [shooting] was an accident'

Excerpt from article

Meanwhile, Martin's mother, who has campaigned with the rest of the family for an arrest and prosecution, said she thought the shooting was an accident.

Asked on "Today" what she would say to Zimmerman face-to-face, Sybrina Fulton said she wanted an apology, then added: "I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back." She did not say more about how she thinks the shooting happened.

Legal experts said Corey chose a tough route with the murder charge, which could send Zimmerman to prison for life if he's convicted, over manslaughter, which usually carries 15-year prison terms and covers reckless or negligent killings.

The prosecutors must prove Zimmerman's shooting of Martin was rooted in hatred or ill will and counter his claims that he shot Martin to protect himself while patrolling his gated community in the Orlando suburb of Sanford. Zimmerman's lawyers would only have to prove by a preponderance of evidence — a relatively low legal standard — that he acted in self-defense at a pretrial hearing to prevent the case from going to trial.

There's a "high likelihood it could be dismissed by the judge even before the jury gets to hear the case," Florida defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....t#ixzz1rqvi2ZTI

#212 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,826 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

personally I am satisfied now, he's being charged with a crime... if he gets acquitted or convicted either way my whole point was I wanted due process to happen

#213 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

hopefully the fellas will get in one or two good ass rapin's before it's over. :rolling:

#214 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

He might be better of inside rather than getting bail and the public tracking him down

#215 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

personally I am satisfied now, he's being charged with a crime... if he gets acquitted or convicted either way my whole point was I wanted due process to happen

this...and i don't think i agree with the murder charge...does that keep him from being charged with manslaughter?

if it does, this guy's gonna get off, or be found guilty just to satisfy a blood-thirsty public

if he had been arrested right away like he SHOULD have, there wouldn't be this whole goddamn mess, and that's why it's more important to investigate the cover-up than to have what we're going to get, which is gonna be just a big media circus

#216 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,826 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

this...and i don't think i agree with the murder charge...does that keep him from being charged with manslaughter? if it does, this guy's gonna get off, or be found guilty just to satisfy a blood-thirsty public if he had been arrested right away like he SHOULD have, there wouldn't be this whole goddamn mess, and that's why it's more important to investigate the cover-up than to have what we're going to get, which is gonna be just a big media circus

I'm hopeful that if the Justice Department is continuing its probe that they will address this deeper matter.

Also seems pretty clear the court of public opinion has already decided on this matter so even if he is legitimately convicted or acquitted one side is going to feel like it was a miscarriage of justice.

#217 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

this...and i don't think i agree with the murder charge...does that keep him from being charged with manslaughter? if it does, this guy's gonna get off, or be found guilty just to satisfy a blood-thirsty public if he had been arrested right away like he SHOULD have, there wouldn't be this whole goddamn mess, and that's why it's more important to investigate the cover-up than to have what we're going to get, which is gonna be just a big media circus

The Sanford Police apparently felt they didn't have enough evidence of guilt so they did the right thing by not arresting him.

If Zimmerman is found guilty then there's a case for a possible cover-up investigation. If he's found innocent then that pretty much says the Sanford Police were right in there not being enough evidence to arrest him in the first place.

#218 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

The Sanford Police apparently felt they didn't have enough evidence of guilt so they did the right thing by not arresting him.

On the surface, that's what it looks like. One cannot help but to wonder if Zim's father had any influence on that decision making process though.

#219 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

On the surface, that's what it looks like. One cannot help but to wonder if Zim's father had any influence on that decision making process though.

And by the same token one can't help wondering if he was arrested now just to satisfy those marching in the streets in order to prevent them from rioting.

#220 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

And by the same token one can't help wondering if he was arrested now just to satisfy those marching in the streets in order to prevent them from rioting.

Nope, that's a different token.

Since when has government given a shit about what the people marching in the streets think?

#221 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

<p style="margin-left: 40px">both wonders are probably true, but one led to the other</p>
<p style="margin-left: 40px"> </p>
<p style="margin-left: 40px">like i already said, if they would have handled this right from the start, we probably wouldn&#39;t even know about it</p>
<p style="margin-left: 40px"> </p>
<p style="margin-left: 40px">a miscarriage of justice has already happened...now we just await the results of it</p>

#222 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

is that a math problem Vic?

#223 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nope, that's a different token. Since when has government given a shit about what the people marching in the streets think?

We could start with the whole Equal Rights thing. Even the Tea Party and Occupy movements have affected government thinking.

#224 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

hmm, yeahyourightaboutthat. but the difference is those movements actually had riots. except for the tea party. but what did they do again? I almost forgot about them.

#225 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

We can speculate on this until the cows come home, but we'll probably never know the truth.
And even if we do get the the truth through due process, there will always be those who doubt it's veracity.

#226 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yup, and yet folks have been clamoring for a supposedly presumed innocent man to be locked up based on what they believe might have happened, without them knowing all the facts that the police have, let alone ALL the facts.

#227 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,719 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

If you follow the twitter hashtag #teamdueprocess, you'll see that folks have been clamoring for anal rape and penile amputation.

#228 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

so, you're saying that Joker is wrong again?

#229 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I love wearing my hoodie when walking my dog when the weather is cold or rainy. I'm not a thug. I wear it because I'm bald and it keeps my head warm and comfortable.

#230 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yup, and yet folks have been clamoring for a supposedly presumed innocent man to be locked up based on what they believe might have happened, without them knowing all the facts that the police have, let alone ALL the facts.

Nothing wrong with that.
That's how it's always worked in this country.
Free speech and all that.

#231 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

is that a math problem Vic?

idunno...this board tends to do that to me from time to time for some reason...just read between the nonsense

#232 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Nothing wrong with that. That's how it's always worked in this country. Free speech and all that.

Just like innocent until proven guilty but that seems to be being ignored in this case.

#233 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I wouldn't go that far.

but sometimes, when you have an unarmed teenager, and a grown man with a firearm.... it gets easier to jump to such outlandish conclusions.

#234 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Here's the shot of the gash and bloodied head of Zimmerman taken right after it happened.

Excerpt from link below (there's video there also)

The exclusive image shows blood trickling down the back of Zimmerman's head from two cuts. It also shows a possible contusion forming on the crown of his head. The original police report that night notes that the back of Zimmerman's head was wet, and that he was bleeding from the nose and head.
Zimmerman told police that night that he shot and killed the teenager in self-defense after Martin punched him and pounced on him. Zimmerman told police that Martin then bashed his head into the concrete sidewalk during the altercation that took place in the tidy middle-class development of the Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, Fla.
Zimmerman was treated at the scene by paramedics, then cuffed and driven in a police cruiser to the Sanford police station. He was questioned for hours and later released. In police surveillance video obtained last month by ABC News, Zimmerman's wounds are not apparent, and there were no bandages on his head.
Zimmerman was not admitted to a hospital or given stitches the night of the incident.
The person who took the photograph of a bloodied Zimmerman, asking not to be identified, told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the scuffle that night, but did hear it. The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible.
The photographer said that after the shooting, Zimmerman asked the photographer to call his wife. When the photographer asked him what to say, Zimmerman blurted out, "Man, just tell her I shot someone."

Posted Image

http://abcnews.go.co...49#.T5GF-hwaCT1

#235 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Bail set at 150,000

A judge has granted bail for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, but would not allow his release Friday, citing further discussions needed about the terms, including whether or not he would be allowed out of state.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester also said that Zimmerman must not have any contact with the victim's family; must wear an ankle monitoring bracelet; and adhere to a 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew. The judge's order also states that Zimmerman cannot be in possession of firearms; and must not consume alcohol or controlled substances.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57417621/judge-grants-$150k-bail-for-george-zimmerman/

#236 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

They ended up releasing him last night

Florida authorities released George Zimmerman Sunday evening on $150,000 bail, as he awaits his second-degree murder trial for the shooting of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

The neighborhood watch volunteer was wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans and carrying a paper bag as he walked out of the jail around midnight Sunday. He was following another man and didn't look over at photographers gathered outside. The two then got into a white BMW car and drove away.

No questions were shouted at Zimmerman from members of the news media at the scene, and he gave no statement.

His ultimate destination is being kept secret for his safety and it could be outside Florida.

Read more: http://latino.foxnew.../#ixzz1sronPTJV

#237 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Sources: Medical report says Zimmerman had broken nose, other injuries after fight

A medical report by George Zimmerman's family doctor shows the neighborhood watch volunteer was diagnosed with a fractured nose, two black eyes and two lacerations on the back of the head after his fatal confrontation with Trayvon Martin.

The medical exam, which was taken a day after Zimmerman's February 26 altercation with the unarmed 17-year-old, says Zimmerman suffered a "closed fracture" of his nose, according to two sources who have detailed knowledge of the investigation.

Zimmerman, 28, is accused of killing Martin on February 26 as the African-American teenager walked back to the Sanford, Florida, house where he was staying, after visiting a convenience store. Prosecutors have said

Zimmerman, who is a white Hispanic, killed Martin unjustly after profiling him.

Zimmerman, who acknowledges shooting Martin but claims self-defense, has entered a not guilty plea in the case, which has not yet been scheduled for trial.
or Zimmerman leaves jail
Zimmerman faces a second-degree murder charge in the case, which has gripped the country, caused nationwide protests and has shined a light on race relations and gun laws in Florida.

After the shooting, Zimmerman told police that Martin rushed him after they exchanged words, knocked him to the ground and repeatedly hit his head against a concrete sidewalk.

The medical report appears to lend support to Zimmerman's claims. It also mirrors earlier statements made by Zimmerman's father, brother and lawyer.

More
http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

#238 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I heard someone on the radio postulating that since the videos showed no injuries to Zimmerman on the night of the shooting, and the fact that he refused medical treatment that night, means that it was not self defense and he knew he was in deep shit.
This person went on to say that he must have had someone else beat him up later that night so he could go to the doctor in the morning and have an official medical report on file, so the injuries would corroborate his story.
An official medical report that did not include any dna samples from the attacker. :moose:

#239 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

:funny1:

I'm pretty sure the enhanced video did show the head injury and the initial police report documents that he did receive medical treatment at the scene and that he had bleeding from the back of the head and the nose. The picture above also appears to show him bleeding from the head.

I guess anything is possible but all the evidence I've seen tends to point towards him being injured in the fight before he shot Trayvon.

Unless of course there's evidence we haven't seen that would support that he had himself intentionally beat up with injuries in the exact spots needed to match previously reported injuries. This after getting the cops and paramedics to falsify their reports as well as getting the photographer to doctor up the photo of his head.

#240 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

:dunno: I suppose there's a lot we don't know and probably never will.
People are free to draw whatever conclusions they like.

#241 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think that is what the media, Sharpton and crew have been doing since day one on this. Narrate the outcome you wish it to be before any facts are brought in and BLAMMO! Media shit show equipped with multiple elderly beatings by teens in the name of Trayvon. I hope the mother of the unfortunate young man got her patent on his name through before all the gear hit the market.

#242 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

:dunno: I suppose there's a lot we don't know and probably never will. People are free to draw whatever conclusions they like.

They certainly do but when their conclusions fly in the face of logic and common sense you have to wonder what their reasoning is.

#243 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

They certainly do but when their conclusions fly in the face of logic and common sense you have to wonder what their reasoning is.

No I don't. :fingersear:

You're assuming I give a shit what their reasoning is.

#244 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

At the end of the day, it is just a really bad law, and gives people a license to kill.

Even if Zimmerman was attacked (and we will never ever know what really happened that night), it should not be ok in the eyes of the law to repel an attack with fists with a gun and say "well, he attacked me, so I killed him" and just walk away. Cases of self defense should be decided individually, on each cases merits.

#245 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

I disagree, if someone is beating on me with their fists and I fear for my life I believe I should be able to use whatever means necessary to preserve my life including a gun

#246 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

I disagree, if someone is beating on me with their fists and I fear for my life I believe I should be able to use whatever means necessary to preserve my life including a gun

You are allowed to in all 50 states.
It's called self defense.

#247 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,926 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

:blush:

I just finished postulating to half eaten foot porn

#248 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Photo shows bloody-nose Zimmerman after Trayvon killing

George Zimmerman's lawyers on Monday released a high-resolution color photo of the neighborhood watch activist with a bloody, broken nose the night he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The photo was taken by a Sanford, Fla., police officer on Feb. 26. A black-and-white photocopy of the image was released previously.

The photo was posted to the defense team's website, where it has been uploading evidence.
Zimmerman is out on $1 million bail awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree murder.

Posted Image

http://www.usatoday....n-nose/1743879/

#249 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,898 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

hard to take away too much from just that picture, other than it probably helps Zimmerman's defense as it better shows how much damage he was taking in the fight.

#250 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

are we sure that is not the blood of the befallen?