• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#151 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

a friend of mine put this up on his FB...can anyone confirm his comment?

"Just to quickly clarify, this shirtless picture is NOT the Trayvon Martin who was shot, not even from the same state. some "enlightened" people posted about liberal media bias. Well this came from Stormfront, a neo nazi group and picked up by Fox and a lot of other right wing media outlets. So when you say the liberal media is bias, you should probably not get your info from Neo Nazis."

#152 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

even if the shirtless pic IS the right trayvon, it shouldn't matter...this is a high school kid, and he's not alive to defend himself...people pose in pics w their shirts off all the time, especially kids...it doesn't make you a criminal and it is certainly NOT evidence against trayvon

#153 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

people pose in pics w their shirts off all the time, especially kids...

You should see my high school yearbook :naughty:

#154 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

on a sidenote...i really don't get the title of this thread

#155 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

you have to read the entire thread to understand it.

#156 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,882 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Anonymous caller claims the z man did not appear hurt only worried...didn't see the altercation just saw after hearing shots.
Forget which news program...news 12 or fox

#157 Arglebargle

Arglebargle
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Is this really a right/left thing? What type of propaganda? It seems to me Zimmerman is being slandered far more than Martin. Hell just look at the way the media has been showing Martin as a younger child while using a mug shot of Zimmerman.

It seems more and more like it's at least partly a media driven event meant to stir up the racial issue.

Sure it's a left/right thing, I've seen plenty of bias on both sides of the fence, each predictably supporting their chosen hero. I am not immune to this at all, really, so since I lean well to the left, I predictably pointed out the right's astroturfing while ignoring Spike Lee publishing the wrong address, because that fits my narrative.

#158 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Strange how it's the left calling for the police to arrest someone when that person is claiming he was attacked walking back to his car and we've seen no evidence proving that that isn't what happened.

Usually it would be the right calling for someone to be locked up without evidence of any wrongdoing. :lol:

The times they are a-changin

#159 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

There are reports of at least one witness who saw Zimmerman being beaten so this isn't as open and shut as some are making it out to be.

From the link
"The media has been quick to demonize George, but Trayvon Martin was no angelic boy walking," Meza said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, has said in more than one interview that his client's nose was broken during the fight with Martin.
http://www.huffingto..._n_1384931.html

His nose sure didnt look broken on the video that just came out....

#160 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Tough to say from the video, I imagine they have better pictures and perhaps even a medical report that will come out when the investigation is completed but until then innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land

#161 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well, according to his lawyer, his head injury should have gotten medical attention......did you see anything like that on his head, at all? Anywhere? Or a swollen nose?

Come on, we have all seen broken noses. That dude did not just have his nose broken, no fucking way.

#162 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Strange how it's the left calling for the police to arrest someone when that person is claiming he was attacked walking back to his car and we've seen no evidence proving that that isn't what happened.

The guy can claim anything he wants after the fact since his victim can't refute anything, and that sounds just like what he's doing.
He also recklessly ignored police orders to stop following the kid. That's an undisputable fact.
If he had paid heed, the kid would be alive today.

Also - The kid told his girlfriend on the phone that he was being followed and was afraid.

#163 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I believe Joker is defending Zimmerman by repeating what we don't know what happened as opposed to acknowledging what we do know..

What we do know:

Zim persued Martin when told not to
Zim carried a handgun
Martin was shot dead by Zim

What we don't know:

everything else

#164 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Well, according to his lawyer, his head injury should have gotten medical attention......did you see anything like that on his head, at all? Anywhere? Or a swollen nose?

Come on, we have all seen broken noses. That dude did not just have his nose broken, no fucking way.

It's a lousy video, you can see the cop checking out the back of his head though. He was given first aid at the scene, perhaps they cleaned him up and closed the wound up

#165 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

If that is true Jack, then why did his lawyer say this: Sonner said the gash on the back of Zimmerman's head probably was serious enough for stitches, but he waited too long for treatment so the wound was already healing.

#166 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

They dont do stitches on the scene. If he had medical treatment, there would certainly be at least a bandage on a cut bad enough to need stitches.

#167 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

I believe Joker is defending Zimmerman by repeating what we don't know what happened as opposed to acknowledging what we do know..

What we do know:

Zim carried a handgun
Martin was shot dead by Zim

What we don't know:

everything else

And there it is....

#168 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

He also recklessly ignored police orders to stop following the kid. That's an undisputable fact.

What we do know:

How exactly do we know he didn't stop following Tray when the dispatcher told him that they didn't need him followed?

It's possible he was doing exactly what he said he was doing, returning to his car, when Tray confronted him?

When the dispatcher tells him they don't need him to follow the kid Zimmerman says "ok", how do we know he didn't stop then and started to return to his vehicle before being attacked?

#169 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

They dont do stitches on the scene. If he had medical treatment, there would certainly be at least a bandage on a cut bad enough to need stitches.

Just a guess but they could have used the liquid stitch stuff.

Hopefully there will be more answers when they release the findings from the investigation.

Until then, all we have is calls to arrest someone who claims he was attacked and who, after a scuffle where he feared for his life, shot his attacker.

#170 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

this...especially on a bald head

there is absolutely NO blood in this video...it's not THAT bad of a video that you wouldn't see SOMETHING

only one kind of mentality would think this isn't a cover-up...

#171 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

it's this fuckin simple...you kill someone, even if you say it's in self-defense, if it isn't clear, you tell it to the judge

unless your dad is a judge of course, then you can just tell him...

#172 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

He should absolutely get a chance to plead his case to a judge. But the fact that he is still walking free, in possession of the gun, is just an outrage. Is there no procedure for investigations of this kind in Florida, or do they normally just take the word of the one who survived the altercation?

I mean, SOMEONE IS DEAD. Someone who was carrying skittles and iced tea.

#173 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Haven't there been media statements from a good half-dozen residents of the neighborhood completely refuting Zimmerman's story? I seem to recall seeing people on camera saying that they tried to notify police of what they saw and were pretty much ignored by the investigating officers. My understanding is that the local police are done with the case, they don't feel the need to file any charges and that's it. Any ongoing investigations are being conducted by the Justice Department as far as I can recall. I don't believe anyone should be convicted without a trial, but I also don't believe somebody who kills somebody under questionable circumstances should just walk free without a very thorough investigation. It seems questionable whether a truly thorough investigation has actually been conducted by the original authorities who responded to the situation. I think it's especially true considering the accounts of investigators ignoring statements by witnesses didn't surface till about a month after the incident occurred. But I do have to say that just because there is apparently one witness who corroborates Zimmerman's account that doesn't automatically negate the statements of a number of witnesses who refute it.

And, hoodies are not racial, they're just warm.

#174 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Apparently the DA doesn't think there's enough evidence to either charge or convict him at this time and the case is still being investigated.

It's a tough call because a person has the right to defend themselves from attack and Zim is claiming he was attacked. Without any evidence that he wasn't attacked you're just arresting a victim for defending himself.

#175 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Apparently the DA doesn't think there's enough evidence to either charge or convict him at this time and the case is still being investigated.

It's a tough call because a person has the right to defend themselves from attack and Zim is claiming he was attacked. Without any evidence that he wasn't attacked you're just arresting an alleged victim for defending himself.

fix'd :D

even though Martin is dead, you can't assume he was guilty either right off the bat...

#176 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

We don't know that this is true at all.

#177 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

That the DA doesn't think there's enough evidence or that the case is still being investigated?

#178 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,882 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

they won't stitch up after 24 hours either

#179 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,882 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Haven't there been media statements from a good half-dozen residents of the neighborhood completely refuting Zimmerman's story? I seem to recall seeing people on camera saying that they tried to notify police of what they saw and were pretty much ignored by the investigating officers. My understanding is that the local police are done with the case, they don't feel the need to file any charges and that's it. Any ongoing investigations are being conducted by the Justice League now...

Posted Image

Fixed that for you citizen!!!

#180 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

NBC launches internal probe over edited 911 call in Trayvon Martin shooting

NBC has launched an internal probe after running an edited version of the 911 call from George Zimmerman -- the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin -- that made Zimmerman sound racist.

"We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story," the network said in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday.

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

But the audio recording in its entirety reveals that Zimmerman did not volunteer the information that Martin was black. Instead, Zimmerman was answering a question from a police dispatcher about the race of the "suspicious person" whom Zimmerman was speaking about.

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1quB3X1HM

#181 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

:coffee:

I will be the first to say this is not a case about Race, not in my mind.

This is a case of abuse of (imagined) power.

A case of clearly excessive force.

I love your constant source of Fox News, though :rolling: They are world renowned for their unbiased reporting.

I don't think Zimmerman is much of a racist. Who gives a fuck if he is.

He's a pussy who strutted around with a gun strapped to his hip who thought he was the "man"

I hope he swallows the next load his metaldick blows.

#182 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

:deadhorse: my favorite emoticon!

#183 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think race played a part but I don't believe he's a racist.

I think the media was intent on making race a major factor in the story and what NBC did sure makes it look like that's what it's intent was

#184 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Yea....the media(and it doesn't matter who it is) really likes to do this. Frustrating.....

#185 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think race played a part but I don't believe he's a racist.

I think the media was intent on making race a major factor in the story and what NBC did sure makes it look like that's what it's intent was

mmm. news is a business.... they know what gets people riled up, thus watching, thus...

What do you think about the audio expertS who indicate they are certain it is NOT Zimmerman screaming for help?

let me guess.... :wink:

#186 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

George Zimmerman Video Shows Injury to Back of His Head

Enhanced video footage of George Zimmerman being taken into custody less than 30 minutes after he shot and killed Florida teenTrayvon Martinshows the neighborhood watch captain with an injury to the back of his head.

The never-before-seen evidence of an injury to Zimmerman, in this case a gash or mark to his head, would appear to back his claim that he was in an altercation with Martin on the night of Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman says he shot the teen in self defense after he was attacked.

Zimmerman, 28, claims Martin, 17, punched him in the nose, knocked him down and repeatedly slammed his head into the ground.

The police surveillance video, first obtained exclusively by ABC News last month and clarified by Forensic Protection, Inc., shows Zimmerman exiting the police cruiser with his hands cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed. At one point, one of the officers stops to look briefly at the back of Zimmerman's head.

There was no obvious sign of any injury to Zimmerman's head or face on the video until it was enhanced. But the enhanced video does not show any visible injury to Zimmerman's nose, nor any signs of blood on his shirt.

More
http://abcnews.go.co...12#.T3nqUhwaBgs

#187 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Guess they could have cleaned up his face and head if there were any wounds, but it seems like there should be at least some blood on his shirt or clothing if he was attacked like he claims.

#188 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

mmm. news is a business.... they know what gets people riled up, thus watching, thus... What do you think about the audio expertS who indicate they are certain it is NOT Zimmerman screaming for help? let me guess.... :wink:

What I heard sounded more like a kid screaming. I'm wondering if there's any audio of Tray they can use to see if it matches him.

I'd think it's also possible they were both screaming

#189 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Guess they could have cleaned up his face and head if there were any wounds, but it seems like there should be at least some blood on his shirt or clothing if he was attacked like he claims.

Blood on a red coat might be a little tougher to make out on a video like that. I think the brother said they have the medical records to prove it.

I believe they said the report will come out around the 10th

#190 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

this...especially on a bald head there is absolutely NO blood in this video...it's not THAT bad of a video that you wouldn't see SOMETHING only one kind of mentality would think this isn't a cover-up...

Oops Posted Image

#191 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Oops Posted Image

what does this prove other than you are childishly instigating?

#192 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

How is this still news?
The more the masses trip over this and the media keeps pumping out all the "evidence", stories, etc..regarding this case. The less likely any of it will see a trial in court where bias is not present.

I hate to say it, but this happens a lot in America. This is being spirred to our sides by the media on politically charged motives.

Which means two things;

!) this thread is in the wrong forum.
2)There will be no clear resolution in this case by the justice system.

Unfortunate that the event happened at all. It's sad and tragic that this is becoming a national hot button in the media at the expense of the justice system. We have serious problems in this country and a case like this, while clearly tragic, is depleting the mental resources of the ADD american public to focus. That's the saddest part of all. it's creating hate, race bating and attention diversion.

#193 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

That does not look like an injury to me, more so the standard freaky skull markings that people have.... I mean, is there an EMT who will just step up and say, here is the log from this evening, I treated mr. zimmerman for lacerations to the back of the head... ???

frustrating stuff.

#194 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Right, we can't tell but that hasn't stopped people from saying there was nothing there at all.

Isn't it just remotely possible the guy did get beat up?

#195 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

what does this prove other than you are childishly instigating?

You're out to lunch. Read the thread again and see who's instigating things ;)

#196 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

How is this still news? The more the masses trip over this and the media keeps pumping out all the "evidence", stories, etc..regarding this case. The less likely any of it will see a trial in court where bias is not present. I hate to say it, but this happens a lot in America. This is being spirred to our sides by the media on politically charged motives. Which means two things; !) this thread is in the wrong forum. 2)There will be no clear resolution in this case by the justice system. Unfortunate that the event happened at all. It's sad and tragic that this is becoming a national hot button in the media at the expense of the justice system. We have serious problems in this country and a case like this, while clearly tragic, is depleting the mental resources of the ADD american public to focus. That's the saddest part of all. it's creating hate, race bating and attention diversion.

for a lot of people this is the last straw. and that's only part of it...wait til this one hits the spotlight:

http://www.latimes.c...,0,171094.story

#197 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

You're out to lunch. Read the thread again and see who's instigating things ;)

I don't think there is any question as to who instigated what. Posted Image

protip: when one individual is minding his own business, and another individual chooses to interact with that person.... oh never mind.

#198 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

:lol:

#199 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,418 posts

The last straw for what?
That a potentially blundered and botched police investigation will mean it will be the last?
I doubt it.

Business as usual as soon as this case loses it's MSM flair. Kang'd.

#200 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

i guess it makes for good conversation to get the bigotted POV in here, or we'd all be preaching to the choir