Are hoodies racial?

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#101 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

And there's no evidence that he WAS defending himself from an attack.
But there is a dead kid and plenty of circumstantial evidence for an arrest to launch a full investigation in order to determine guilt or innocence.
That's how the system works.

They have a statement from an eyewitness saying Tray was on top of the Zimmerman beating on him. I'm guessing that's why they believe he was defending himself

Really? What law allows people to be arrested and kept locked up with no actual evidence they committed a crime?

#102 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

How did Trayvon come to be in contact with Zimmerman? Who initiated contact? Did Trayvon Pursue Zimmerman?

Does getting beat up justify use of deadly force?

I don't think many people who have the capacity to form reason truly believe Mr. Zimmerman was defending himself; and of those that do, they tend to fit a specific profile. Case in point.

#103 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

dude, you're out to lunch nobody wants to sentence him for murder now. JUST FUCKING ARREST HIM AND START DUE PROCESS.

If he's guilty of something he should be arrested or it but what are they going to arrest him for? Because they THINK he might of done something?

Strange how folks here are all for people getting arrested simply for what they might have done. It's gonna be tough leaving a festival with the cops being allowed to arrest simply because they think everyone there was breaking the law

#104 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

They have a statement from an eyewitness saying Tray was on top of the Zimmerman beating on him. I'm guessing that's why they believe he was defending himself

Really? What law allows people to be arrested and kept locked up with no actual evidence they committed a crime?

Who is this witness? Where is this individual? Why have we not seen or heard from this person?

He is your evidence....George Zimmerman shot an unarmed 17 yr old Trayvon Martin. That is indisputable.

Again I ask why is a neigborhood watch individual carrying a gun???? Answer that please! If he is supposed to report what he sees to police why does he need to carry a gun?

Why is this so difficult for some to understand? It's simple.

#105 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

If he's guilty of something he should be arrested or it but what are they going to arrest him for? Because they THINK he might of done something?

YES!!!
Arrest him, charge him with murder or manslaughter, put him through a thorough investigation and let the courts decide his guilt or innocence.
That's how it's supposed to work.

#106 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

How did Trayvon come to be in contact with Zimmerman? Who initiated contact? Did Trayvon Pursue Zimmerman? Does getting beat up justify use of deadly force? I don't think many people who have the capacity to form reason truly believe Mr. Zimmerman was defending himself; and of those that do, they tend to fit a specific profile. Case in point.

I haven't seen any evidence that either one initiated contact. Haven't seen anything suggesting Trayvon pursued Zimmerman other than Zimmerman telling the cops Tray was approaching him. If you're getting beat up and fear for your life that justifies deadly force.

Again, you guys are arguing to arrest and lock someone up simply because he MIGHT be guilty of something. Is tat really how you think the law should be enforced?

#107 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Who is this witness? Where is this individual? Why have we not seen or heard from this person?

He is your evidence....George Zimmerman shot an unarmed 17 yr old Trayvon Martin. That is indisputable.

Again I ask why is a neigborhood watch individual carrying a gun???? Answer that please! If he is supposed to report what he sees to police why does he need to carry a gun?

Why is this so difficult for some to understand? It's simple.

#108 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Again, you guys are arguing to arrest and lock someone up simply because he MIGHT be guilty of something. Is tat really how you think the law should be enforced?

Yes. When you kill someone under suspicious circumstances such as these you absolutely should be arrested.
It's not up to the arresting officers to determine guilt, that is the job of the courts.

#109 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Who is this witness? Where is this individual? Why have we not seen or heard from this person? He is your evidence....George Zimmerman shot an unarmed 17 yr old Trayvon Martin. That is indisputable. Again I ask why is a neigborhood watch individual carrying a gun???? Answer that please! If he is supposed to report what he sees to police why does he need to carry a gun? Why is this so difficult for some to understand? It's simple.

I believe in Florida anyone that wants to can apply to carry a weapon. Everything I've seen indicates Zimmerman had every right to do so. Did he NEED to carry it? Probably not, though in this case it may have saved his life at the expense of another. You'd have to ask him why he chose to do so but the fact is he was well within his rights to do so.

#110 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

meh, I'm done.

either way, if the system fails, something tells me Zimmerman will pay for this incident in one way or another. life of seclusion or vigilante justice.

#111 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I believe in Florida anyone that wants to can apply to carry a weapon. Everything I've seen indicates Zimmerman had every right to do so. Did he NEED to carry it? Probably not, though in this case it may have saved his life at the expense of another. You'd have to ask him why he chose to do so but the fact is he was well within his rights to do so.

well there you have it folks.

It was his right to follow a kid he thought was up to no good.... and kill him after that kid might have got the best of him.... can't let that happen when you are a self imposed sherrif no sirreeeeeeee

#112 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

meh, I'm done.

either way, if the system fails, something tells me Zimmerman will pay for this incident in one way or another. life of seclusion or vigilante justice.

climbs into bottle and eventually uses own gun to paint the walls red. :coffee:

#113 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

YES!!! Arrest him, charge him with murder or manslaughter, put him through a thorough investigation and let the courts decide his guilt or innocence. That's how it's supposed to work.

I agree if there's evidence to suggest he murdered someone or committed manslaughter he should be held but apparently the evidence here suggests he was defending himself and that is not a crime.

They are undoubtedly still investigating and I'd imagine if other evidence surfaces they'll weigh that in determining if he should be picked up and held on charges.

#114 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

meh, I'm done. either way, if the system fails, something tells me Zimmerman will pay for this incident in one way or another. life of seclusion or vigilante justice.

I guess there's already a bounty out for him

#115 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

:lol: the evidence here...

unreal. simply unreal.

also done.

#116 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I agree if there's evidence to suggest he murdered someone or committed manslaughter he should be held but apparently the evidence here suggests he was defending himself and that is not a crime.

They are undoubtedly still investigating and I'd imagine if other evidence surfaces they'll weigh that in determining if he should be picked up and held on charges.

one more.

you're wrong. the evidence here suggests the popo fucked this all up. but we can't argue with them, they do no wrong.

#117 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

well there you have it folks. It was his right to follow a kid he thought was up to no good.... and kill him after that kid might have got the best of him.... can't let that happen when you are a self imposed sherrif no sirreeeeeeee

If all he was doing was following the kid and the kid turned and attacked him, what exactly is the guy guilty of?

#118 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Bottom line is he was mad about the break ins in the area and decided to walk around the neighborhood with gun and take justice into his own hands. He was told to back off and stay away from him which he didn't.

He is nothing more than a vigilante. Period.

#119 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I don't think many people who have the capacity to form reason truly believe Mr. Zimmerman was defending himself; and of those that do, they tend to fit a specific profile. Case in point.

case in point indeed

#120 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

one more. you're wrong. the evidence here suggests the popo fucked this all up. but we can't argue with them, they do no wrong.

How did the cops fuck up? By not locking someone up who's only crime might be protecting himself?

#121 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Bottom line is he was mad about the break ins in the area and decided to walk around the neighborhood with gun and take justice into his own hands. He was told to back off and stay away from him which he didn't. He is nothing more than a vigilante. Period.

That's what you believe and you may very well be correct but we can't just start locking people up based on what someone believes might have happened.

#122 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

The kid is dead. Isn't that enough to warrent a full investigation? Call me stupid I guess....

#123 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

The kid is dead. Isn't that enough to warrent a full investigation? Call me stupid I guess....

As far as I know they ARE investigating it

#124 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

How did the cops fuck up? By not locking someone up who's only crime might be protecting himself?

Or his crime might be cold blooded murder. We don't know.
But we do know there's more than enough circumstantial evidence to arrest the guy and put him through due process to let the courts decide his guilt or innocence.

#125 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

As far as I know they ARE investigating it

How? Question Zimmerman for a few hours and sweep the rest under the rug? Bullshit. Where is Zimmerman now? Tell me what else is being done.

#126 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

If all he was doing was following the kid and the kid turned and attacked him, what exactly is the guy guilty of?

Manslaughter, at minimum.

#127 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

one more.

you're wrong. the evidence here suggests the popo fucked this all up. but we can't argue with them, they do no wrong.

well the Chief sure resigned rather quickly... que intersante' eh?

#128 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Or his crime might be cold blooded murder. We don't know.
But we do know there's more than enough circumstantial evidence to arrest the guy and put him through due process to let the courts decide his guilt or innocence.

I'll ask again, what law allows for people to be arrested and held because they MIGHT have done something?

It seems to me like he was taken in, questioned and released and now the cops are investigating the case further.

#129 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Manslaughter, at minimum.

I'm almost positive it's NOT manslaughter if you're defending yourself

#130 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm almost positive it's NOT manslaughter if you're defending yourself

IF.

Again, you can play this "nobody knows" bullshit song on the victrola all day.... Do you REALLY believe George Zimmerman was at risk of being Killed by this kid?

if so.... well.... wow.

#131 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'll ask again, what law allows for people to be arrested and held because they MIGHT have done something?

It seems to me like he was taken in, questioned and released and now the cops are investigating the case further.

People are arrested for suspicion of crimes all the time.
I do not know the exact law that allows it but like you said, everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
How is guilt to be determined, especially with conflicting evidence as in this case if the suspect is not put through due process?
You seem to be saying that the arresting officer needs proof of guilt before making an arrest.

#132 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see Zimmerman take a lie detector test....

#133 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

IF.

Again, you can play this "nobody knows" bullshit song on the victrola all day.... Do you REALLY believe George Zimmerman was at risk of being Killed by this kid?

if so.... well.... wow.

If the reports of Zim on the ground with tray on top of him beating him are true then I believe he could have feared for his life. I'm one of those "berserker" fighters and I've gone off on people before to the point of almost killing them without meaning to go that far so I know where beating on someone can lead

#134 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

People are arrested for suspicion of crimes all the time.
I do not know the exact law that allows it but like you said, everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
How is guilt to be determined, especially with conflicting evidence as in this case if the suspect is not put through due process?
You seem to be saying that the arresting officer needs proof of guilt before making an arrest.

They can arrest someone for a crime but if there's no evidence that can't keep him. I'm guessing that in this case their "suspicion" seems to be that it was a case of self defense rather than a crime.

#135 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

you should not pluralize a single report that is wholly unsubstantiated and probably ass backwards, or that of a "chum"

nah, that can't be it.

#136 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

How? Question Zimmerman for a few hours and sweep the rest under the rug? Bullshit. Where is Zimmerman now? Tell me what else is being done.

I couldn't tell you what they're doing, (prolly that NCIS shit prolly) I thought I read the case was still under investigation.

#137 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

In the 70's hoods were "in". "In" my house we wore them because my dad owned a construction company and hoods were essential in layering clothes while working outside. After work and or school I would hang with my buddies outside until it was time to go home. If I remember correctly we wore them under our jackets everywhere. That was simply part of growing up in the Northeast three seasons a year. As far as hispanics and blacks were concerned most of them would not wear them cause they made you look like a chump and had no style calling. Boy how times change but the hoodie lives on. :angel: :afro:

#138 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

you should not pluralize a single report that is wholly unsubstantiated and probably ass backwards, or that of a "chum"

nah, that can't be it.

Actually Zimmerman also claimed that he was confronted then hit in the nose and had his head bashed so that along with the other witness would be at least two reports hehehe ;)

#139 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see Zimmerman take a lie detector test....

Whatever it takes to get to the truth.

Don't get me wrong, IF this guy did chase him down and initiate the attack he should be strung up and I'd willingly pull the levAr myself

#140 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

and how about that friggin bitch in Vermont.... she probably kicked that dude in the nutz, so he had no choice but to choke her out.

#141 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

They can arrest someone for a crime but if there's no evidence that can't keep him. I'm guessing that in this case their "suspicion" seems to be that it was a case of self defense rather than a crime.

Thank You. That's quite different than insisting he has to be guilty to be arrested.

As far as their "suspicions" :dunno:

#142 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

damn smokin gun don't even cut enny more sherrif :tapfoot:

#143 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

and how about that friggin bitch in Vermont.... she probably kicked that dude in the nutz, so he had no choice but to choke her out.

That shit is fucked up. Wouldn't surprise me if she's not the only one those two got

#144 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thank You. That's quite different than insisting he has to be guilty to be arrested.

As far as their "suspicions" :dunno:

That sounds like pretty much what they did. They took him down to the station, went over the evidence that they had on him, didn't think they had enough to charge him and so they released him.

#145 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

or the more likely version.... Daddy judge called in a favor via the old boys network.

Oh who I am kidding... that only happens in the movin pictures.

#146 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Anything is possible. One would think they'd do a better job of trying to cover it up if that's indeed what they're doing

#147 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,551 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

and all this has do with Hoodies being racial...how? :funny1:

and sorry folks...we all are assuming the man is guilty based on no real available credible evidence...need to be able to afford others the same right to think the Zim's innocent using the same the same type info...just my opinion...which is awesome!!!

#148 Arglebargle

Arglebargle
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

All I know for sure is right wing America sure has a hard-on for slandering Martin and defending Zimmerman and is out in force on the internet astroturfing every conversation about the incident with their propaganda. All these people in their sad little bubbles.

#149 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Is this really a right/left thing? What type of propaganda? It seems to me Zimmerman is being slandered far more than Martin. Hell just look at the way the media has been showing Martin as a younger child while using a mug shot of Zimmerman.

It seems more and more like it's at least partly a media driven event meant to stir up the racial issue.

#150 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,405 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

The iconic photos of Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman & why you may not see the others

http://www.poynter.o...see-the-others/