• 907 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hood E ... amn't that a Rappa?

#5 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I just don't understand the hoodie thing that's been in the news lately surrounding the shooting.
Well I guess I don’t understand anything the media is saying regarding that story

#6 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Woh, I just noticed the extra 'race' in the title. How the hell did I do that? lol

#7 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I just don't understand the hoodie thing that's been in the news lately surrounding the shooting.
Well I guess I don’t understand anything the media is saying regarding that story

basically Geraldo Rivera is a moran who said that "the hoodie is as responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was" and he urged parents, especially black and Latino parents not to let their kids wear them

#8 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

sometimes they are as "racist" as it gets.

This whole thing is dumb.

muddy muddy muddy.

1. A neighborhood watch person should be prohibited by law from carrying a firearm or weapon regardless of legal status to do so.
2. An altercation with an unarmed person should only be met with unarmed force.
3. Regardless of color, attitude or otherwise, this should have been STRICTLY an observe and report scenario; NOT a pursue and engage.

Anyway, as is often the case, it don't matter, cuz he's dead. Zimmerman should be charged with at minimum manslaughter and serve a 5 bit.

#9 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

something twsited like this i think

thugs ware hoodies, so if you ware one you are a thug
since you are a thug, you are going to attach me.
since you are going to attach me, and this is FL, i can shoot you.

#10 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,568 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Geraldo Rivera said

I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law and if he is criminally liable, he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.

Hoodie hilarity ensued.

#11 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

I'm betting he's holding candy, too.

#12 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image

#13 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

What hump? lol

#14 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

There are reports of at least one witness who saw Zimmerman being beaten so this isn't as open and shut as some are making it out to be.

From the link
"The media has been quick to demonize George, but Trayvon Martin was no angelic boy walking," Meza said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, has said in more than one interview that his client's nose was broken during the fight with Martin.

The Orlando Sentinel, citing anonymous sources, has reported that Martin grabbed Zimmerman's head and banged it several times against the sidewalk. A statement from Sanford police said the newspaper's story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.

Sonner said the gash on the back of Zimmerman's head probably was serious enough for stitches, but he waited too long for treatment so the wound was already healing.

Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

Martin was at least 6 feet tall, several inches taller than the 5-foot-9 Zimmerman. Meza said Martin was not the child he appears to be in photos flashed across television and newspapers.

"George was in a fight for his life," Meza said.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1384931.html

#15 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,296 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

he may not have been an angel or maybe he was, but one this is for certain, he was shot dead and had no weapons.

he should of thrown a fist before throwing a bullet if he was attacked.

#16 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,362 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, in the end this case is just a pure tragedy. Then again, never let a disaster go by without capitalizing on it.

Trayvon's Mom Wants to Trademark Her Son's Name (actually filed)

http://www.reuters.c...141915520120328

#18 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

:shocked: kill it before it gets me!

Posted Image

#19 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

they always get away. fucking maine coons.

#20 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

they always get away. fucking maine coons.

:rotf: :rolling:

#21 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Gee Jack, perhaps if Zimmerman had:

a. complied with POLICE directive to NOT pursue/follow the individual
b. Not carried a handgun to a Skittle fight.
c. not been a fucking pussy....

none of this would have happened.

ever think of that :coffee:

#22 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Well, in the end this case is just a pure tragedy. Then again, never let a disaster go by without capitalizing on it.

Trayvon's Mom Wants to Trademark Her Son's Name (actually filed)

http://www.reuters.c...141915520120328

If she doesn't do this, do you realize how many fucking T-shirts will be on the market out there (it's already happening anyway) ..... needless to say I am hopeful this is a defensive measure.... if it turns out to be a money grab, whatever; might as well live up..... I dunno.

This planet blows ass.

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,362 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

This planet blows ass.

There is no way i could possibly agree more, Chris.

#24 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,100 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

omg, thats like the cutest kitteh ever!

Hoodie's aren't racial, but they can be stereotyped for sketch.

#25 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Report: Spike Lee's tweet of wrong George Zimmerman address puts innocent couple in line of fire

SANFORD, Fla. - A Sanford couple in their 70’s is expressing fear over an incorrect social media message that has identified their home as the property of George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed the black Florida teen Trayvon Martin in late February.

The message, tweeted by Californian Marcus Higgins and re-tweeted by celebrity and director Spike Lee to his 240,000 followers, included an address and said “feel free to reach out and touch him [Zimmerman],” according to a Smoking Gun report.

The issue is, the information was all wrong.
Problem 1: Martin’s admitted shooter has been identified as 28-year-old George Michael Zimmerman, not the 42-year-old George W. Zimmerman that is connected to the tweeted address.

Problem 2: The tweeted address is actually miles away from the shooter’s Sanford, Fla. home.

Problem 3: The home belongs to David McClain, 72, and his wife Elaine, 70. George W. is Elaine’s son, and he hasn’t lived at their home for seven years.

Elaine, who is remarried, explained that she was previously married to a Zimmerman, not related in anyway to the shooter, the report says.

The offending tweet has made its way around the internet and resulted in aggressive letter to David and Elaine McCain, telling them to “taste the rainbow” with Skittles enclosed in the envelope.

Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea were found on the 17-year-old unarmed teenager when he was killed and the items have since become symbols in the movement pushing for the shooter’s arrest.

The couple say they are frightened and feel the need to keep everything locked up.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5....e#ixzz1qRfMCFJ5

#26 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,289 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

lolthesouth what a stupid fucking place

#27 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

lolthesouth what a stupid fucking place

it's different, that's for sure. a lot of douche nozzles, giant ones.

#28 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

FloriDUH is not the South. It might be in the South, but it's not the South.

It's either Southern Ohio or Cuba Norte, depending on the neighborhood

#29 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

There are reports of at least one witness who saw Zimmerman being beaten so this isn't as open and shut as some are making it out to be.

From the link
"The media has been quick to demonize George, but Trayvon Martin was no angelic boy walking," Meza said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, has said in more than one interview that his client's nose was broken during the fight with Martin.

The Orlando Sentinel, citing anonymous sources, has reported that Martin grabbed Zimmerman's head and banged it several times against the sidewalk. A statement from Sanford police said the newspaper's story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.

Sonner said the gash on the back of Zimmerman's head probably was serious enough for stitches, but he waited too long for treatment so the wound was already healing.

Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

Martin was at least 6 feet tall, several inches taller than the 5-foot-9 Zimmerman. Meza said Martin was not the child he appears to be in photos flashed across television and newspapers.

"George was in a fight for his life," Meza said.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1384931.html

As soon as George Zimmerman started to follow that kid through the neighborhood, he became the aggressor. T. Martin was clearly feeling threatened per the conversation with the lady friend. According to FL state law, he then had the right to defend himself with deadly force if necessary, which he did. unfortunately his aggressor had a gun, and he did not, he had just his fists.

#30 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,289 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I never realized my fashion choices were so Nubian

#31 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,738 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Been wearing 'em for years and not once has anyone ever assumed me to be a thug*

* have lived in predominantly white neighborhoods my entire life oh and hoodies aren't racial..they're clothing.

#32 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Q. What race wears hoodies?

A. The human race.

#33 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,085 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I wear hoodies from the fall until the spring, 8 black ones and one black and red one (I don't like jackets...I like hoodies). However......you will never catch me ever eating Skittles while wearing a hoodie.

#34 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,568 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Why does Mickey Hart have to spam every thread?

#35 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Video: Zimmerman in handcuffs, no blood after Trayvon Martin shot

The family of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin said Wednesday that newly released police video showing the uncharged shooter George Zimmerman arriving at the station for questioning discredits claims he acted in self-defense.
“It just shows that everything that Zimmerman has been saying, that the police have been reporting, is false,” father Tracy Martin told USA TODAY as he viewed the video, carried by MSNBC, in a Washington hotel.
“From what I saw, Zimmerman had no blood on his face, had no grass on the back of his clothes, no cuts on the back of his head,” Martin said.
Family attorney Benjamin Crump said the video is evidence that Zimmerman’s story is a lie and that officials botched their investigation the night of the shooting.
“You’re witnessing a conspiracy in the first degree,” Crump said. “If they don’t arrest this guy -- there’s a conspiracy at this point.”

More (including the video)
http://www.suntimes....artin-shot.html

#36 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

A friend of mine from North Carolina and I were discussing this case and he said something that surprised me quite a bit. He said "Down there, when you talk about hoodies, it has a different meaning." He was talking about the guys that wear white hoods. Knowing this guy for a long time I know he didn't mean it in racist way. He just meant that that term is viewed differently there. I told him that I call them hoodies and frankly never even thought about the term being used that way.

#37 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

As soon as George Zimmerman started to follow that kid through the neighborhood, he became the aggressor. T. Martin was clearly feeling threatened per the conversation with the lady friend. According to FL state law, he then had the right to defend himself with deadly force if necessary, which he did. unfortunately his aggressor had a gun, and he did not, he had just his fists.

Do we know that he didn't stop following him? Do we know who attacked first?

Remember, he's innocent until proven guilty and from what I've read there's no clear evidence as to exactly what happened when they confronted each other.

#38 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Do we know that he didn't stop following him? Do we know who attacked first?

Remember, he's innocent until proven guilty and from what I've read there's no clear evidence as to exactly what happened when they confronted each other.

What we do know is that he was asked by the 911 dispatcher to stop following him and yet he continued. What we also know is that he was armed. Why was he armed? Him being armed tells me that in the back of his mind he was prepared to use it. He is a citizen walking around the neighborhood. Are all neighborhood watch people armed?

#39 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

How do we know he continued following him? Isn't it possible the kid came back to where Zimmerman was?

He has the right to be armed, I have no idea why he actually was. I doubt all neighborhood watch people are

#40 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

dude, you are a fuckin trip. :lol:

I mean, really? REALLY???

Look the bottom line is that this dude is wholly responsible - spin it, paint it, dance around the truth all u want....

It's been PROVEN that Zimmerman is a fucking liar..... "he broke my nose" I saw his nose clear as day on video this morning...it was not even bruised, nor did he look in any way as if he was on the receiving end of any aggression.

#41 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

How do we know he continued following him? Isn't it possible the kid came back to where Zimmerman was?

He has the right to be armed, I have no idea why he actually was. I doubt all neighborhood watch people are

So are you familiar with the gun laws in Florida? Can you walk around in public armed with a pistol? I'm don't know but I'm guessing not. If not then no, he doesn't have the right to be armed walking around his neighborhood. You don't find this behavior to be overjealous Jack? Why have a police force? Just arm the neighbors and let them patrol the streets doing what they want and sort it out later. Can't agree with that I'm afraid.

#42 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,296 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

we know an unarmed kid was shot dead.

#43 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

and that my friends /thread.

#44 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,296 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

So are you familiar with the gun laws in Florida? Can you walk around in public armed with a pistol? I'm don't know but I'm guessing not. If not then no, he doesn't have the right to be armed walking around his neighborhood. You don't find this behavior to be overjealous Jack? Why have a police force? Just arm the neighbors and let them patrol the streets doing what they want and sort it out later. Can't agree with that I'm afraid.

without looking into the concealed carry requirements in Florida, I beleive their pistol laws are pretty laxed comparatively speaking. typically, you apply for a pistol permit through the state, they do their backround checks and either approve or deny your application. If approved, you do have the right to walk around in public with a pistol. This however, does not alleviate you from the legal implications of its use.

Even in states that have strict handgun laws, there are A LOT of gray areas in the law. One, for instance, in NY, is it legal to carry a pistol into a bank? I've asked and the response is typically, "I'm not sure, just use your head"

#45 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

dude, you are a fuckin trip. :lol:

I mean, really? REALLY???

Look the bottom line is that this dude is wholly responsible - spin it, paint it, dance around the truth all u want....

It's been PROVEN that Zimmerman is a fucking liar..... "he broke my nose" I saw his nose clear as day on video this morning...it was not even bruised, nor did he look in any way as if he was on the receiving end of any aggression.

It's not spin. It's a case of having actual evidence rather than just what folks think might have happened. I'd say the odds are good Zimmerman DID confront him but I've seen no actual evidence to support it. I think there's a lot of spinning going on by both sides in this case.

#46 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

without looking into the concealed carry requirements in Florida, I beleive their pistol laws are pretty laxed comparatively speaking. typically, you apply for a pistol permit through the state, they do their backround checks and either approve or deny your application. If approved, you do have the right to walk around in public with a pistol. This however, does not alleviate you from the legal implications of its use.

Even in states that have strict handgun laws, there are A LOT of gray areas in the law. One, for instance, in NY, is it legal to carry a pistol into a bank? I've asked and the response is typically, "I'm not sure, just use your head"

What I do know is VT is very lax on their gun laws. You don't need a permit to buy a hand gun. I have known people to carry them in public. Like I said, I have no idea about Florida.

#47 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

well, you see, one there are effectively only two people who could tell the true story, and one of them is shot dead by the other one, that sure does make it tricky doesn't it.

I'd say the only spinning going on in respect to the Martin's is how their son ended up in a hole after a walk to the store cuz some fat fucking jerkoff cop wannabe.

Do you think George Zimmerman is being Honest about the events that occurred? I'd bet my left arm he is a lying sack of shit* ( I beat off righty so forget that)

*proven

#48 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,950 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, yes.
But he killed a man and hasn't even been arrested.
Betcha if he was black and Trayvon wasn't he would have been locked up immediately.

#49 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm not familiar at all with Fla. gun law (I'm not really a gun fan at all) In this case I believe I read that he was legally permitted to be armed and carrying a weapon.

My understanding is the area was having problems with break-ins and that was a reason for the neighborhood watch. I'm not a fan of arming neighbors and letting them do what they want but again my understanding is all that is legit down there whether we agree with it or not.

#50 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

And we have at least one witness who saw that unarmed kid sitting on top of Zimmerman and beating him. That right there opens the door for Zim to take action to protect himself.