Photo
- - - - -

At what age is it appropriate for your daughter......

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,130 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

to get a belly- button piercing?

please note if said daughter is real or fiction.

#2 katydid

katydid
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

We talk about piercings and tatoos with my kids. I just hope it would not be while in high school.

I am not fond of facial piercings....due to the holes I see in peoples faces when they decide to take them out.

#3 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

as someone who had multiple holes in my face... can't see any now :) i still have one piercing on my face left, but all the other holes are gone, was pretty much gone within 7 months of removing the piercing.

id say 16-17. same age i was. but also depends on the kid too... i dont know what she'll be like at 16... but i'd be willing to agree :)

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

30-40, the same goes for "whore stamps", sex, dating............my girls ages 5&10 are going to be nuns regardless if they like the idea or not.

#5 manzanita stark

manzanita stark
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Not sorry I get to miss that dilemma, but I will share that Jen coming out of her room with a necklace on that simulated a dog collar when she was 15 or so wasn't a hit!

#6 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,255 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Fact - I have 3 daughters and let them get their ears pierced in their early teenage years.

Opinion - All other piercings are fine when they're old enough to legally get them without parental consent.

#7 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Opinion - All other piercings are fine when they're old enough to legally get them without parental consent.

this. i'm not against allowing them to get pierced (no facial piercings. ever.) but i sure as fuck won't take my girls in to do it. mack got her ears pierced when she was 7. she decided it was time, so i took her. i'll do the same for lily's ears when she's ready. all other piercings are up to them to figure out how to get.

#8 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Piercings I'm not so worried about - holes close up. tattoos are another story. I am trying to hold out on the ear piercing until about 12-13. I figure the longer I hold out on trivial things, the longer it will take them to ask for more 'controversial' things.(It's my theory & I'm sticking to it :kashmir: ) I would probably take my daughters (real age 5 & 7) to get their belly buttons pierced around 15-16.

But I say that now :lol:

#9 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,826 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Piercings I'm not so worried about - holes close up. tattoos are another story. I am trying to hold out on the ear piercing until about 12-13. I figure the longer I hold out on trivial things, the longer it will take them to ask for more 'controversial' things.(It's my theory & I'm sticking to it :kashmir: ) I would probably take my daughters (real age 5 & 7) to get their belly buttons pierced around 15-16.

But I say that now :lol:

I'm not a daughter but I'm 27 and I'm still afraid of the day my mom find out I have a tattoo... hopefully she never finds out... but it will probably be tattoos before she ever does... and I don't want to be home when she finds out :lol:

#10 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'm not a daughter but I'm 27 and I'm still afraid of the day my mom find out I have a tattoo... hopefully she never finds out... but it will probably be tattoos before she ever does... and I don't want to be home when she finds out :lol:

i hid my tattoos successfully until age 25 I think & I was still paranoid when she found one :lol:

#11 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

to get a belly- button piercing? please note if said daughter is real or fiction.

she just got one last week.

After her failed attempt at a "homemade" tattoo (oooh look, one color prison shit drawing!) she knew that additional body mods would be met with high levals of disapproval.

#12 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

old enough to get it all by herself without consent-18
and she is real, not fiction
and wants a tattoo but not any additional piercings (her ears are pierced). she has to wait on the tattoo also.

#13 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

she was 19 when she got her first tattoo, she pretty much had to wait until she was out of High school and even then she hid it from her dad for a while. it's a frog for her mommy, so i approve :)

she hasn't been terribly interested in getting her face or body pierced but it's the same deal, she's an adult now and she doesn't need my permission to alter her body.

and she's almost 21