• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sparkles

sparkles
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some guidance on bringing my daughter and how kid friendly the scene is at the Vibes. I've never been, so any insight is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#2 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,432 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Stay in family camping . I believe you need to email Vibes to get a family camping pass. While I personally don't consider any of these events Kid friendly, Vibes does offer a lot for kids. Just remember it is a music festival.

#3 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Gabrielle does a great job with the Kid's Tent and Teen Scene.

Stay in Family Camping. It's way calmer (and in the shade).

I personally agree with Greg, that it's not the most kid friendly place...but I also know lots of friends that bring their kids and the whole family has a blast. I guess it all depends on what you want to get out of the expereince.

#4 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I have brought my son Marcus since he was about 5. He is now 19. He still goes to Vibes with me! Keep your child close to you at all times. Enjoy family camping. Spend alot of time at the kid tent. Enjoy the festival with your daughter, as long as you keep a close eye you will both have a fantastic time!

#5 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Vibes prides itself on being one of the most family-friendly music fesitvals in the business.
Please e-mail FamilyCamping@gatheringofthevibes.com with your request. We will be happy to accommodate you on a first-come-first-served basis. Please check out our “Kids and Families” page http://gatheringofth...m/kids-families for info on all our great kids and teens activities!

#6 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I am bringing my kids for the 1st time this year (ages 5 and 9) and the wife (I best not give you her age on account that she will put the hurt on me). I have been to a few different festivals and by far The Gathering of the Vibes seemed to be the most kid friendly. I was impressed when I strolled past the kid's area and saw all they had to offer. I also took some pictures of the kid's area to show my wife because I know she would be concerned that the kids would have nothing to do all day.
As the others have said: stick to the family area (very nice and shaded with lots of friendly people) and the kid's area is just a hop and a skip away. I am hoping they have the Ferris wheel again this year because I know my kids would LOVE to take a ride on that at night to see all the lights and shows going on. I can't wait to share this year's Vibe's experience with my family!

#7 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

There will be no problems with kids...plenty for them to do, swim, bike (if you bring them) Andy, music, chilling...My first Vibes in 2010 I went with friend who brought his 4 year old daughter. She loved it and was no trouble. Very kid friendly.

#8 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

I saw so many kids having a blast last year that I was tempted to take mine this year. Also saw a few cases where people might of been better off not bringing their kids since they were often on.....let's say another planet or passed out and showed zero skills as a parent or even as a human at times.

#9 sparkles

sparkles
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the tips! I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

I agree with you, Eco. I've seen far too many parents who can barely take care of themselves bringing children to shows. Same goes for their pets.

#10 Mookie D

Mookie D
  • VibeTribe
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi Sparkles... We've been coming to Vibes since 1996 & started bringing our oldest when he was around 4 or so... we're local, brought an rv one year & that was great for naps/shelter, but typically return home at night... Family camping is important if you're tenting it, definitely bring some sort of ez-up to set up in the back part of the field, and there are always a really great group of families set up in the back, under the big trees by the vendor booths... lots of bubbles, shade, hooping, etc... my oldest son, now 11, inevitably finds a job selling raffle tickets or crystals, makes friends, has a ball. My youngest son, (5), makes lots of girlfriends, haha- always come equipt with glowsticks, bubbles, blankets, sunscreen, ear protection, (we have Peltor ear protection for them which is great if they konk out early too), plenty to drink & snacks... we'll see you there!!!

#11 ShaNeeNee

ShaNeeNee
  • VibeTribe
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

We're bringing our kids for the first time this year (ages 5 & 8). Every year we see the kids area and wish they were with us. We realize it's going to be a different experience bringing them but I know we'll all have a blast!! Plus, it's my sons birthday so he's thinks were going specifically FOR his birthday!! It will be the biggest birthday party he's ever had!! :bigsmile:

#12 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

what a great b.day party for him! :)

#13 violetta

violetta
  • VibeTribe
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

we have had our son's birthday there for the past many summers, it has become a tradition. We like to stay out by family camping, and the children have a blast. We usually have them in bed by 11, and have a babysitter with them (so we can enjoy the late night sets). During the day, there is the solar bus, kids tent, music, hooping and just hanging out. Vibes and Mt. Jam- i think the best kid's fests~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kids