the VIP experience

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#51 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Been going VIP since '06...it's awesome!

Just bought our tickets :woot:

#52 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

:bouncey: Tabbooma still needs to get tickets

#53 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

:bouncey: Tabbooma still needs to get tickets

It's just a couple of clicks away!

Bear Creek earlybird price ends today too ;)

#54 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Vibes VIP helped build America.. Hats off the people that put it together.. Just please do not take the tables/chairs down early on Sunday like last year.. Yeah it was hot but when Tabbooma gets up to use the bathroom he expects to have his chair when he gets back... Never had that happen at any Vibes, only last year

I'll watch your chair on Sunday during any constitutional you may elect to take and if anybody tries any sneaky chairfoldery...

there will be repercussions
:ph34r:

#55 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,713 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

see? i KNEW you were a ninja! :funny1:

#56 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Bear creek are bought and on waiting list for a cabin, sending check to Kitty for A Bears Picnic, Vibes is next ;)

It's just a couple of clicks away! Bear Creek earlybird price ends today too ;)

#57 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Much appreciated :)

I'll watch your chair on Sunday during any constitutional you may elect to take and if anybody tries any sneaky chairfoldery... there will be repercussions :ph34r:

#58 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Bear creek are bought and on waiting list for a cabin, sending check to Kitty for A Bears Picnic, Vibes is next ;)

Thanks for the reminder....sending Kitty a check now.

Vibes & Bear Creek tix purchased.

I like this buddy system for 'don't forget to get tickets!' :happyhappy:

#59 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

:bouncey:

#60 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

First post here...Woo-Hoo!!

I've heard that it's pretty crucial to get to the venue as early as possible with a regular ticket, mostly to beat the line and to get a good spot. Is it as much of an issue for VIP camping?

I was planning on getting to Seaside around 6 pm but if the general consensus is that there's a mad dash even in VIP then I might have to come down with a flu that day and unfortunately miss work.

Lookin forward to a great time with some awesome people!

P.S. Great community and board you got goin' here! Thank you for havin' me....

#61 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'd like to see a map or a decent photo of where everything is (this is my first time). We bought VIP - and an RV pass (though we have a tiny clamshell camper - no bathrooom etc.) I hope that "RV" pass holders who have VIP can be near the non-rv VIP camping....and the bathrooms. Anyone know?
Thanks
c

Posted Image

#62 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

First post here...Woo-Hoo!!

I've heard that it's pretty crucial to get to the venue as early as possible with a regular ticket, mostly to beat the line and to get a good spot. Is it as much of an issue for VIP camping?

I was planning on getting to Seaside around 6 pm but if the general consensus is that there's a mad dash even in VIP then I might have to come down with a flu that day and unfortunately miss work.

Lookin forward to a great time with some awesome people!

P.S. Great community and board you got goin' here! Thank you for havin' me....

Most important thing is do NOT show up before 8am on Thursday.

#63 charrity

charrity

• VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well "Jack Straw" - I am pretty sure VIP will not be quite as "comfortable" as your picture --- but I am hoping it was the right decision. :-)
c

#64 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Just subtract the private butler, the nice clean water, the nice beach, the nice chairs, the nice drinks, the nice sky, the models it the picture is dead on!

BTW, Sandals sucks for making a $1.00 an hour employee dress up like that in tropical weather.

#65 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Most important thing is do NOT show up before 8am on Thursday.

I'll keep that in mind, but does anyone have any perspective to share about arriving later in the afternoon?

#66 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,713 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

i have never arrived that late and all the folks i know who go vip get there at 8 am as well
i would imagine that it goes pretty smoothly as any kinks in the system will have been worked out long before you get there :dunno:
however, i would plan on being fairly far back in the vip camping area (more of a walk to the stage)
it is (or has been) a longish slender section under the trees, shared with family and handicapped camping, so the later arrivals will be further back...

not that big of an issue, imho, though :mrgreen:

#67 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

.... don't arrive too late.. cause you'll miss the sexy policeman in a hula skirt waving his large Cob! who am i kidding? i'll be doing that all weekend

#68 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well "Jack Straw" - I am pretty sure VIP will not be quite as "comfortable" as your picture --- but I am hoping it was the right decision. :-)
c

It may not look exactly like that, but it sure can feel that way. You absolutely made the right decision!

#69 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm sure we could get a few hobos of Bridgeport to be butlers, pay them in beer cans and left over vip snacks.

#70 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

We don't need hobos for that. We have wooks! Bonus: they cost even less!

#71 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks TD! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Between that and the promise of some good ol' fashioned cob lobbin' by the good Occifer (btw...take me drunk, I'm home), I do believe me and my horde of monkey butlers will be arriving early.

Yes...Monkey Butlers. Monkey Butlers in cowboy hats riding around on dogs, stuffed to the gills with festie candies.

#72 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yes...Monkey Butlers. Monkey Butlers in cowboy hats riding around on dogs, stuffed to the gills with festie candies.

WANT!!!

#73 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,713 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks TD! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

me and my vagina take offense at that :lol:
:wink:

the scholar part i will take, but my primary knowlege pool is "a little bit of everything, specializing in useless knowledge" :D

#74 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

a jack of trade and a master of none.

I always wanted to be a on a game show..... I got a lot of useless knowledge.....

#75 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,713 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

yup
i keep trying to find people who want to do a local trivia night at a bar
i would LOVE to do that!

me and my old roomie/friend, John, used to take the box of trivial pursuit cards and randomly select one, pick the one question we thought the other would know and if you got it right, you got to keep it
we would play for hours and i ended up learning most of the genus edition questions :lol:
we would get faced on dirty martinis all the while :lol:
it was an awesome time and i miss it...

#76 chelseams82

chelseams82
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBridgeport

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'll keep that in mind, but does anyone have any perspective to share about arriving later in the afternoon?

VIP Check-In opens at 8. The earlier you arrive before 8, the longer you will wait. VIP is car camping, so you do not need to worry about having a longer hike in. VIP is also not that big, so you aren't going to have to walk that much farther to the venue if you are closer to the back. Whenever you end up arriving, the VIP Check-In staff will be willing and able to get you into the Venue as fast as possible. We have ample space for all VIP guests. Hope this helps.

#77 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thank you! That does help.

And I apologize TD...I'm new around here and, well, DID I MENTION MONKEY BUTLERS?!?!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my college roomie memorized almost the whole classic trivial pursuit game doing the same thing! The problem is he only remembered them while totally trashed.

#78 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,264 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

You're not going to get shut-out or put in some overflow area no matter when you arrive but you won't have as many choices either.

#79 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

monkeys need butlers too

#80 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

∗ Please respect that absolutely No Food or Beverages are permitted to leave the VIP area.
∗ Smoking is not permitted under the VIP Chill Tent.

soo no to staying hydrated leaving vip tent.........

and I hope that's cigs and not for other.......

I can see the point to it, but I don't like it :P

any who, hopefully time flies to get there and then slows down to a creep to take it all in.

#81 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

There is PLENTY of room outside the tent, but still in the VIP area, where you can smoke. Don't worry about that.

And there are water coolers, free soft drinks and beer for sale, but you can't take the beers or soft drinks out. I think that's quite reasonable, otherwise everyone would be sending beers to their friends outside. Staying hydrated is very, very easy. You can always fill your water bottle or Camelbak in the tent and leave with that, which is what I do.

Don't overthink man. Just enjoy. That part is VERY easy. :mrgreen:

#82 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

lol, wasn't gonna worry a bit, was just bored reading over the stuff, just like to hear feed back. Wasn't sure how much room we get outside of it. Ready for a well deserved vacation :D and another awesome b-day party for me :D

#83 sweetvibes

sweetvibes
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Due to some family stuff, we have to miss the Vibes this year! so bummed! Need to unload two VIP camping passes. Selling for $370 each (pd $420 each) must sell both passes together. Can transact via pay pal...we'll send you pdf download of tix. EASY. Contact me at wakeup(AT)humanwakeupcall(DOT)com

#84 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

that's a sweet deal, sweetvibes! damn, already got mine...

#85 chelseams82

chelseams82
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBridgeport

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Due to some family stuff, we have to miss the Vibes this year! so bummed! Need to unload two VIP camping passes. Selling for $370 each (pd $420 each) must sell both passes together. Can transact via pay pal...we'll send you pdf download of tix. EASY. Contact me at wakeup(AT)humanwakeupcall(DOT)com

When you sell these tickets, please contact the office (203-908-3030) with the buyers contact information, and we will happily void yours and send them a new set. This is to ensure the buyer knows they are getting a genuine set. Thanks!

#86 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

When you sell these tickets, please contact the office (203-908-3030) with the buyers contact information, and we will happily void yours and send them a new set. This is to ensure the buyer knows they are getting a genuine set. Thanks!

DO IT!!! chelsea is awesome!!!

#87 chelseams82

chelseams82
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBridgeport

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

DO IT!!! chelsea is awesome!!!

I like to think so. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

#88 charrity

charrity

• VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Not specific to VIP, but I'll ask here - since we are VIP camping. :-)

Is there any wifi availability at GOTV? Also - how is ATT cell phone coverage.

I know these issues are not the Most important - but I cannot afford to be completely out of touch (with realty).

Thanks
c

#89 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I have ATT service and have not had one problem at Seaside. As for wifi, I do not know one way or the other.

#90 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

I have ATT service and have not had one problem at Seaside. As for wifi, I do not know one way or the other.

Where did you find good ATT coverage? I had no range at all waiting to enter the park down by the beach and extremely crappy service over next to the brickshithouse/monument area. I tried it both by I phone and Ipad.

#91 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

In years past, I did not have an issue with Verizon service.. And that was before all of these smartphones and 3G , 4G... Blah , blah, blah

#92 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Where did you find good ATT coverage? I had no range at all waiting to enter the park down by the beach and extremely crappy service over next to the brickshithouse/monument area. I tried it both by I phone and Ipad.

I have had fine phone service everywhere in the park every year, but I don't have a smart phone/don't use data, so that may be a difference

#93 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,713 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

hey, i have never tried to get online so i cant speak to that, but my cell (verizon) always has a signal
if i were wanting the best signal i could get it would call my server and ask them how i update my roaming capabilities, i have found that to help
of course, my phone is about 5-10 years older than everyone elses fancy new ones :blush: (but it works well enough that i dont *want* a fancy new one :dunno: )

#94 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I have found that At&t is spotty but ok at seaside

#95 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Turn the phone off and enjoy the ride. ;)

#96 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Turn the phone off and enjoy the ride. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gVPxPdNLwA

yes!!

i have at&t and last year had very spotty service as well as no mind to remember to charge my phone and i got in a shitload of trouble with my husband who had tried to call me for more than 24 hours (yea, he called the hotline and everything) soooooo, this year - i'm shutting it off AND enjoying the ride!

#97 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I save my phone use for the mornings when nothing is going on and got some what of a clear mind, other than that no phones = awesome.

I know the one year at AG my gf would not stop leaving me voice messages.... people will drive you crazy.

#98 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I know the one year at AG my gf would not stop leaving me voice messages.... people will drive you crazy.

I got a call last year about 2am from a friend who was frantically looking for her husband who was working and had no cell phone.
Really? Just because your kid didn't happen to run into his dad that day, now it's my responsibility to track him down and make sure he calls you so you can sleep tonight?
I don't think so. :lol:

#99 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,112 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

don't they come to your tent with a courtesy phone?

...or am I the only one given a bell at the VIP check in for special services?

#100 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Tabbooma has a bell too, VIP is so special ;)