the VIP experience

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

So, for the first time ever I am contemplating upgrading to VIP, and am just wondering if anyone here who has gone that route would weigh in on whether it's worthwhile. I also have some practical questions, like do you get roughly the same size camping space? Are the people there more uptight or do they party even harder? It seems a lot of the value in VIP is in the intangibles (ie quicker ingress, a little pampering, oh, and my favorite, quicker ingress). On the fence so any advice is appreciated.

#2 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

9 times vip'er

roughly the same size camping space, some years it might have been slightly larger
uptight or do they party even harder - about the same, if general camping is a 10, vip maybe 7 or 8; it's not family camp 4-6,
quicker ingress, quicker ingress, quicker ingress

quicker ingress

#3 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,122 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I can't speak highly enough about the VIP experience, especially if you're of the age where comfort is a priority. I have a problem with being stuck in the middle of huge crowds and in VIP there is always a place to escape to where you can hear and see the music and be steps away from food water and clean bathrooms. There is no wait to speak of to get in versus 3-4 hours if you're lucky, 9-10 if you're not. Also there's shaded, close camping and less sketch and thievery than in Tazwookistan.

As for partying, I wouldn't know about that. :angel:

#4 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Quick Entry, VIP Field Tent for Shade, Bathrooms, Showers, Proximity to Stage, Shade and Great neighbors.. Have done VIP at fests all over the country and VIP at Vibes has been the best :)

#5 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Quick Entry, VIP Field Tent for Shade, Bathrooms, Showers, Proximity to Stage, Shade and more room than boardie camping and Great neighbors.. Have done VIP at fests all over the country and VIP at Vibes has been the best :)

#6 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'm thinking about it just so I don't have to wait in line to get in. The pure fuckery of the whole ingress thingy when VIPS can enter in minutes is worth $$ instead of the stress of sitting in a hot car for hours and pissing in a cup. But....I would still do the boardie camping cause it's closer and the people are pretty cool.....

#7 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,648 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

The longest I have ever waited to get into Vibes at Seaside is 3 hours. there is a bit of over exageration going on about wait time. Now ILCC that is a whole different story.

#8 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Totally worth it, IMO. And I agree with Tabbooma - it's the best VIP package for the money.

#9 charrity

charrity

• VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'd like to see a map or a decent photo of where everything is (this is my first time). We bought VIP - and an RV pass (though we have a tiny clamshell camper - no bathrooom etc.) I hope that "RV" pass holders who have VIP can be near the non-rv VIP camping....and the bathrooms. Anyone know?
Thanks
c

#10 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Cant wait to see all your smiling faces Thursday morning again :)

#11 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

thanks all...think I've made my mind up to go...it's easily worth 50-60 bucks per hour for every hour or portion thereof that I don't have to wait in line, my average wait time the last two years has been around 3 hours, so I'll be seeing you all there I guess, long as I can still upgrade my regular tix

#12 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

<hint> dont get to VIP Check in too early. :)

We dont open till 800 am, the longest wait time was for folks who came at 6am and waited till we were up and running.

those who came at 10 am were in and out in minutes <end insider trading>

#13 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,052 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

thanks all...think I've made my mind up to go...it's easily worth 50-60 bucks per hour for every hour or portion thereof that I don't have to wait in line, my average wait time the last two years has been around 3 hours, so I'll be seeing you all there I guess, long as I can still upgrade my regular tix

not just ease of entry :shamed: into vibes but ,for me personally, easier gate entries, from no matter where you are at...like visiting west campers...the laminate makes your whole weekend more stress free!

#14 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Last summer the air conditioned bathrooms alone were worth the price of the VIP ticket. :bigsmile:

#15 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'd like to see a map or a decent photo of where everything is (this is my first time). We bought VIP - and an RV pass (though we have a tiny clamshell camper - no bathrooom etc.) I hope that "RV" pass holders who have VIP can be near the non-rv VIP camping....and the bathrooms. Anyone know?
Thanks
c

if the camper is 25 feet or under, you may not need the RV permit.
You can camp right in VIP camping, unless you plan on using a genorator, then you will need RV camping.
in the past, as far as i could tell, there was no specific RV VIP area.

RV's were set up along the sea wall, heading east from the green stage .
VIP camping was along the road on the campus side of the park by the gym.

There are small RV's/campers in VIP every year.

people start to look for RV passes once they run out, so if you don't need it, keep checking back and make arrangements through the main office once you find someone that needs it.

#16 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

if the camper is 25 feet or under, you may not need the RV permit.
You can camp right in VIP camping, unless you plan on using a genorator, then you will need RV camping.
in the past, as far as i could tell, there was no specific RV VIP area.

RV's were set up along the sea wall, heading east from the green stage .
VIP camping was along the road on the campus side of the park by the gym.

There are small RV's/campers in VIP every year.

people start to look for RV passes once they run out, so if you don't need it, keep checking back and make arrangements through the main office once you find someone that needs it.

I beleive the camper + vehicle must be 25ft or under, correct?

#17 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

yes, i think that is it, car with trailer - 25ft combined, or 25ft rv.

#18 charrity

charrity

• VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

We are still over the 25' limit - total camper and car - so can't be in VIP camping. We would like to be near it, however - and near the showers etc. I just have not seen a good "picture " of how things are arranged. Can't wait to be there!
c

#19 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

shouldn't take all that long to walk, unless you are like me, stopping and visiting with people along the way

#20 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm convinced, wife is convinced...look for Captun and Missus Amurrika and the Amurrikarr...come say hi

Posted Image

#21 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

I took a trip down in L'Amurrikarr....

#22 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,122 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

djinn, something tells me you and the wife will fit in just fine! :bouncey:

#23 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

djinn, something tells me you and the wife will fit in just fine! :bouncey:

it's nice to fit in :angel:

#24 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

2010 did VIP...awesome experience...2011 did regular camping...difficult experience: the extreme heat, far from stage, no shade at all..2012 I have VIP...hope that answers your question.

#25 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

@ Charrity...google earth will provide you a great view of Seaside Park Bridgeport Ct...It appears as almost a separate peninsula. West camping is on the left, while VIP camping is on the far right in a green, tree filled area. You can see the Bandshell in the middle with the pond directly to its left. Hope this helps.

#26 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

I can't wait for Vibes VIP, have done All Good VIp for the last two years, so I'm stoked to see what there's to offer. From really any vip versus GA, I'd go vip if you can swing the little extra cash. I try and look at this way, I basically buy two tickets worth just so I can make my time more of a vacation then a hassle, and yes AC bathrooms are really the selling point for me. No nasty sun baked port-o-johns, unless you like that type of thing but you can always visit them. :bouncey:

#27 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Tabbooma likes to sing during his morning business in the cool Vibe bathrooms :beard:

#28 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,896 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

I am IASW and I don't go to festivals, but if I did, I'd do VIP at Vibes with Tabbooma.

#29 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I don't do well with too much sun, thus love the VIP tent.

#30 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

well, thanks to the persistent efforts of Angel at the hotline, upgrade successful and I'll be bathrooming in air-conditioned comfort with y'all this year :beard:

#31 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

well, thanks to the persistent efforts of Angel at the hotline, upgrade successful and I'll be bathrooming in air-conditioned comfort with y'all this year :beard:

:woohoo:

#32 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,796 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

:clap:

#33 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

Having faith that Ken will once again produce a stellar lineup on monday, I happily eagerly my VIP ticket today. Now I wait..... :bouncey:

#34 talusdreaming

talusdreaming
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hey everyone,

This will be my first Vibes and I'm also considering going VIP. My main reason is wanting to be close to the stage, though--I care less about the other stuff, though that all sounds nice too, of course. I couldn't find a festival map on the website so it's not clear to me where the VIP viewing platform is. Is it right in front of the stage. Or if not, how far away is it? And how big crowded does it get? If my main motivation is to be up close, would I be better off getting a regular ticket?

Thanks for your help!!

#35 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,796 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

The viewing platform is generally back from the stage, perhaps soundboard distance. The VIP tent is also off to the side rather than on the rail.

#36 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

from what i remember in Seaside, the viewing platforms have teneded to be next to/ near the VIP tent.
One time, out by the soundboard.

#37 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hey everyone, This will be my first Vibes and I'm also considering going VIP. My main reason is wanting to be close to the stage, though--I care less about the other stuff, though that all sounds nice too, of course. I couldn't find a festival map on the website so it's not clear to me where the VIP viewing platform is. Is it right in front of the stage. Or if not, how far away is it? And how big crowded does it get? If my main motivation is to be up close, would I be better off getting a regular ticket? Thanks for your help!!

Hey there - last year the VIP viewing tent was off to stage left slightly. in front of the VIP tent. it is not RIGHT up front. Anyone can go right up front, VIp or GA.

There are tons of other percs that come with VIP tho. Check em out.

http://gatheringofth...om/vip-packages

#38 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hey there - last year the VIP viewing tent was off to stage left slightly. in front of the VIP tent. it is not RIGHT up front. Anyone can go right up front, VIp or GA. There are tons of other percs that come with VIP tho. Check em out. http://gatheringofth...om/vip-packages

Will the VIP tent and platform be in the same location as it was last year?

#39 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,896 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Will Angel and Summer fan me with palm branches?

#40 Norty

Norty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I like Boardie Camp best....same familiar faces each year & camp is super close to the stage;)

#41 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Will the VIP tent and platform be in the same location as it was last year?

:dunno:

#42 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Will Angel and Summer fan me with palm branches?

Well if you come stand near our command centers, im sure you will catch a breeze from us running by.... other than that... no. But I sure will have a great big smile for you when you roll into vip check in!

#43 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Well if you come stand near our command centers, im sure you will catch a breeze from us running by.... other than that... no. But I sure will have a great big smile for you when you roll into vip check in!

I can't wait to see that smile (~);}

#44 Alexias87

Alexias87
  • VibeTribe
  • 31 posts
  • Locationover the hills and far away

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

any camping would be better than the oven that those open fields become!! last year we were stuck between a box truck and a giant van= NOO ventilation and 105 with 90% humidity!! no fun to do chair massage, i need shade for that, or at least a breeze :shine:

#45 monmouth18

monmouth18
  • VibeTribe
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Last year was super hot! VIP kept my highdrated and happy. The massage was fun to :)

#46 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,550 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Vibes VIP helped build America.. Hats off the people that put it together.. Just please do not take the tables/chairs down early on Sunday like last year.. Yeah it was hot but when Tabbooma gets up to use the bathroom he expects to have his chair when he gets back... Never had that happen at any Vibes, only last year

#47 cassidygirl

cassidygirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Quick Entry, VIP Field Tent for Shade, Bathrooms, Showers, Proximity to Stage, Shade and Great neighbors.. Have done VIP at fests all over the country and VIP at Vibes has been the best :)

Thank you, this is making my decision easier ;)

#48 cassidygirl

cassidygirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

not just ease of entry :shamed: into vibes but ,for me personally, easier gate entries, from no matter where you are at...like visiting west campers...the laminate makes your whole weekend more stress free!

I appreciate all the info., thank you...I can always visit other people at their camps and avoid hassles

#49 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,550 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

If you go VIP a bunch of us camp together, there also is a Boardie Picnic where you can meet a bunch of boardies... It really is a great fest with some really good people, it will not dissapoint ;)

Thank you, this is making my decision easier ;)

#50 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

VIP is totally worth it. DOOO EEET! :mrgreen: