18 replies to this topic

#1 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

April 1st will be my start date.

I have gotten sooo horribly heavy, that I seriously need to do something about it.

Advice? I need to shed at least 50 lbs...

#2 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

It's next Sunday. this gives me a week to psyche myself up for it....

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,972 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

When the mind heals the body will follow.

Love yourself

#4 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

When the mind heals the body will follow.

Love yourself

Thats what I'm trying to do...
making yourself #1 is what brings everything else to the table...

#5 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

im not sure if that made any sense.. lol...

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,972 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yes it does!

Drink lots of water.

#7 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hey Nikki...I don't have much advice, but I know I've been trying to do something active every single day. For me joining a gym that has a lot of classes has been good, but I also have a couple of really cool areas that I can do little hikes on my way home from work. Go rollerskating man, I know I sweat heavy when I get on wheels! You have a specific target, I don't know much about that stuff, but I know I feel better everyday that I'm moving my ass. Good luck lady. :smile:

#8 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

I don't know if you have an iPhone or not, but friends of mine have lost over 60lbs using the LoseIt! app - it helped them track their calorie intake. Anyways, the folks I know who've dropped weight swear by it being a helpful tool, just thought I'd pass their recommendation along.

I think you have picked a perfect time to take this on - spring brings us all new beginnings, the food is fresher, and the warmer weather is more conducive to getting active and eating lighter meals. Rock on with your health goal! :)

#9 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 469 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

my advice is to be UNREASONABLE with yourself. Accept no excuses and push yourself in ways you've never dreamed you were capable of before. I just bought a book at Barnes and Noble that I think might resonate with you as well. It's called "The Misleading Mind" by Karuna Cayton - How we create our own problems and how Buddhist psychology can help us solve them

:heart:

#10 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

If you have a smart phone, pick up a free calorie counting app- mine has a barcode scanner on it which is very helpful. It isn't directly going to make you lose weight- but I noticed right away the insane amount of food I eat each day and has helped me to cut back by saying (meh, I don't even want to know how unhealthy that is going to be) It isn't so helpful with homemade food, but mine allows you to insert ingredients for a guestimation of caloric intake
Muah!
Look for excuses to move around outside. A bunch of bricks/firewood in your yard? Stack them and move them to the other side of the yard :-p

Being a waitress will help- just don't eat the food at work

#11 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

cut out late night meals and snacking will help.

#12 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

No booze = 15-20lbs

#13 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

my advice is to be UNREASONABLE with yourself. Accept no excuses and push yourself in ways you've never dreamed you were capable of before. I just bought a book at Barnes and Noble that I think might resonate with you as well. It's called "The Misleading Mind" by Karuna Cayton - How we create our own problems and how Buddhist psychology can help us solve them :heart:

I thought about this a lot this week...there were several times I almost stopped because "that should be enough" but kept going through another set thinking I could push it way farther. Thanks! :smile:

#14 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

So, here's my advice. Call Billy. :thup:

p.s. my $ is on you Nikki. :lol:

#15 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Billllaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks guys... good inspiration in this thread. sorry I've dropped off, but Im still standing by my oath. I've been doing ok as far as the food intake is concerned. Ive cut out beer which should def. make a dramatic difference... lol. I dont have that fancy of a smartphone, but those are good suggestions. I've Just been making way better choices since Sunday...I bought this awesome organic healthy cereal that is yummy, almost no fat, and waaay high in fiber. my poops have been so healthy! lol.

#16 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

my advice is to be UNREASONABLE with yourself. Accept no excuses and push yourself in ways you've never dreamed you were capable of before. I just bought a book at Barnes and Noble that I think might resonate with you as well. It's called "The Misleading Mind" by Karuna Cayton - How we create our own problems and how Buddhist psychology can help us solve them :heart:

I SUCK at pushing myself... lol.

#17 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I SUCK at pushing myself... lol.

That's why I said to call Billy. :lol:

#18 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,082 posts