• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Links work by directly posting same for YouTube but not images nor is there a button. Old board was more iPhone friendly.

#2 makisupa

makisupa

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

I don't understand your post. Can you please re-explain?

#3 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think she means, back on the old board, they enabled the following option

"automatically parse link in text" AND "automatically parse media from links."

So, if you would copy/paste a youtube video, or an image's URL, it would automatically be embedded, without having to use any vBB tags.

So, if I'm right, the question is, does this software have a similar feature, and if yes, can we turn it on?

#4 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

He. Ha ha, there's no button to embed pictures and no emoticons unless I know the code for them. If I paste an URL for a picture I get a link posted, not an embedded picture.

#5 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

[ img] link of the pic [/ img]

It's that easy.

#6 makisupa

makisupa

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

He. Ha ha, there's no button to embed pictures and no emoticons unless I know the code for them. If I paste an URL for a picture I get a link posted, not an embedded picture.

That's correct. The mobile version of the site does not offer the rich media editor (the one you see on the desktop version). You would need to now the BBCode and/or emoticon codes to activate them in a post. Another user registered this earlier. It's on the To-Do's.

#7 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

[ img] link of the pic [/ img]

It's that easy.

Yeah but more time than the scripted window from old board and not easy to do with one hand( need to keep one on steering wheel :lol:)

#8 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

... Right.. Well... I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea to surf the web and drive... So....

#9 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

i am not on the road in a car :lol: No accidents; no worry! i have to look up orders going out while on forklift. ;) If this board is better it should beat the features of the old without forcing me to remember and type code thats all. i don't care how easy it is for someone else. Spinning fire (devil sticks) is easy for me doesn't make so for everyone. ;)

#10 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Most of the codes are written in a way that it makes sense... You want to link to an image. IMG is short of image.

Then, you open the brackets to tell the software what you want to link to, and when you're done, you close it /

There's a certain inflexible logic to coding. You just have to think like them :)

#11 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I can do it just more convienant with script ;)

#12 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

And you have to realize some people on an IPhone never been on the net with anything else and never heard of BB or used it in the past. On the old board this was moot. If you think I wasting bandwidth about making the board more friendly towards one of the most used mobile platforms than I haven't expressed it right. ;)