Water Stations at Vibes?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Danimal

Danimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I know how they had the special Logo water bottles last year, but with most festivals trying to be "Green" why doesn't vibes set up water stations? You could do it like at Phish Fest 8, if you bought the Festival Branded Nalgene water bottle you got free refills all weekend long and if you didn't it only cost $1 for refills of other style bottles. Also all the stations had tip jars, to earn a little extra money for the people filling the bottles. I mean it was so hot last year, I def think they need more water available instead of that one spigot near the picnic tables. I couldn't imagine buying bulk 5 Gallon "water cooler" jugs would cost as much as individual bottles, as well as less plastic being wasted. Just a thought, I liked it a lot at 8, all they did was set up tents with the actual cooler dispenser like at most offices.

#2 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,799 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Rothbury had free water filling stations everywhere and you didn't even have to buy anything. It was awesome.

#3 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

There are a few water spigots in the camping areas. They need better signage though. Like the idea of a branded bottle with free refills for the concert field. :)

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Good idea! At Wormtown they sold cups for $20 (don't quote me) that you could use for free refills of soda and I think water for the entire weekend. They also had a bottle return thingy/collection going on for those who brought/bought beer or soda.

I would buy a collector style cup (pewter would be really nice) for $20 or whatever to save the landfills.

Next topic, bowls with unlimited refills?

#5 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,647 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Water helped build America

#6 Danimal

Danimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Rothbury had free water filling stations everywhere and you didn't even have to buy anything. It was awesome.

That is definitely awesome fore sure!!!

Good idea! At Wormtown they sold cups for $20 (don't quote me) that you could use for free refills of soda and I think water for the entire weekend. They also had a bottle return thingy/collection going on for those who brought/bought beer or soda.

I would buy a collector style cup (pewter would be really nice) for $20 or whatever to save the landfills.

Next topic, bowls with unlimited refills?

I like your thinking, Haha!

Yeah it was just a thought on the water thing, it's nice being able to go to various water stations around festival grounds and get instant refills. Def a piece of mind, especially when its a HOT festival!!! I don't think it will be as hot as last year, but who knows its practically summer now in March!!!

#7 jhenri23

jhenri23
  • VibeTribe
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

there were water pumps where people could fill up for free right outside main field

#8 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm a big advocate for the water stations not so much for the drinking water (Yuck) but for the hygiene, Seriously people your walking in and out of porta potties there's no water inside so every time you touch that handle some dirty hippie,yuppie,hip hopper touched to. WASH YOUR HANDS but are you going to waste a $4 bottle of water probably not, WATER STATIONS!

#9 Jerky

Jerky
  • VibeTribe
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I got one of those soda cups at wormtown for 20$ drank so much soda!! They said that when they return to strange creek it would be 5 dollar for refills so make sure u bring your mug back, note to self

#10 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hillside Festival always has a big tank of spring water that is free for anyone to fill-up at. There is no water for sale anywhere on the site, as they actively discourage the purchase of bottled water - pretty flippin' awesome if you ask me.

#11 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm a big advocate for the water stations not so much for the drinking water (Yuck) but for the hygiene, Seriously people your walking in and out of porta potties there's no water inside so every time you touch that handle some dirty hippie,yuppie,hip hopper touched to. WASH YOUR HANDS but are you going to waste a $4 bottle of water probably not, WATER STATIONS!

There are hand-washing stations that are rented along with the portas, that dispense fresh water from a foot pump, and have paper towels and hand sanitizer stations as well. Would be awesome to see some of those set-up for folks.

#12 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hillside Festival always has a big tank of spring water that is free for anyone to fill-up at. There is no water for sale anywhere on the site, as they actively discourage the purchase of bottled water - pretty flippin' awesome if you ask me.

Seriously, we are 16 pints of water! How they managed to get away with making kids empty their water is beyond me. It's practically criminal, to deny people water! I could bring it in fromthe hotel, being the 'mom' type I guess they thought I was ok or something...but my kids who were in the campground literally were made to empty bottles and even their backpack water coolers. sad really....I hope this year the problem is solved.

#13 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

This is an area that is being worked on!

#14 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Good to know TEO - profit off our beer and wine sales, but please let us bring in our own water!!!

#15 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,647 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Bottled water = Money for Vendors and Vibes.

#16 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,665 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Go VIP!! All the water and soda you want!

#17 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Greyfox sets up many tanker size containers of water - also free