Photo
- - - - -

Christianity at it's Finest -- Priest defends denying Communion #religiousPPLproblems

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

http://www.hometowna...-Communion.html

GAITHERSBURG (AP)

#2 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I mean it was her mom's funeral...how heartless.:cry1:

#3 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,777 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hi, PhilliesPhan. I'm Sarah. Many of us here meet and know each other in person. Do you have a name by which you prefer to be called, like Tyrone, Michelle, Dave, etc.? I included a female name 'cause I'm not presuming your gender, not 'cause I think you're female. I don't have avatars or sigs on on my phone.

#4 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,503 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

why would anyone want to be involved with an organised religion that considers their lifestyle and sexuality a mortal sin?
i just dont get it:dunno:

#5 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

thread title needs changing...

substitute Christianity with Catholicism :wink:

don't need to throw us all under the bus ya know :nulo:

:mrgreen:

#6 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

The priest is in a no win if he believes the teachings of the church. Church clearly states anyone in a condition of mortal sin (of course, they get to define mortal sin) should not receive communion. Priests who administer to someone, whom they know is in this condition, are disobeying church law.

so everyone who is: remarried without an annulment, having premarital sex, using birth control, practicing homosexuality, skipped mass last week for no good reason, jacked off, had anything to eat within an hour of receiving, or doesn't fully believe the story that you are eating the actual body and drinking the blood of Jesus... well, you're all unworthy to receive

why would anyone even want to go up? Because everyone else is? Let's think for ourselves, not follow the followers.

Catholic Church makes me cringe, in so many ways.

#7 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hi, PhilliesPhan. I'm Sarah. Many of us here meet and know each other in person. Do you have a name by which you prefer to be called, like Tyrone, Michelle, Dave, etc.? I included a female name 'cause I'm not presuming your gender, not 'cause I think you're female. I don't have avatars or sigs on on my phone.

Hi Sarah, I'm Christian :smile: Yea, I don't think I've met anyone from the boards in person or at least I don't know If I have. Been to Vibes the past 2 years and originally found the boards helpful in getting a feel for what Vibes what all about for my first Gathering in 2010. You all seem like a cool bunch of people. Maybe I'll even meet some people this year.

thread title needs changing...

substitute Christianity with Catholicism :wink:

don't need to throw us all under the bus ya know :nulo:

:mrgreen:

Sorry Java...don't want to throw anyone under the bus. Perhaps the title was in poor taste.

#8 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

The priest is in a no win if he believes the teachings of the church. Church clearly states anyone in a condition of mortal sin (of course, they get to define mortal sin) should not receive communion. Priests who administer to someone, whom they know is in this condition, are disobeying church law.

:shocked:

wow I must say I did not see that coming!

so everyone who is: remarried without an annulment, having premarital sex, using birth control, practicing homosexuality, skipped mass last week for no good reason, jacked off, had anything to eat within an hour of receiving, or doesn't fully believe the story that you are eating the actual body and drinking the blood of Jesus... well, you're all unworthy to receive

why would anyone even want to go up? Because everyone else is? Let's think for ourselves, not follow the followers.

Catholic Church makes me cringe, in so many ways.

mmmyep...kinda saw that coming:coffee:

:funny1:

#9 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi Sarah, I'm Christian :smile: Yea, I don't think I've met anyone from the boards in person or at least I don't know If I have. Been to Vibes the past 2 years and originally found the boards helpful in getting a feel for what Vibes what all about for my first Gathering in 2010. You all seem like a cool bunch of people. Maybe I'll even meet some people this year.

Sorry Java...don't want to throw anyone under the bus. Perhaps the title was in poor taste.

no problem what-so-ever...just playin around...title's fine.

it's those fukn catholics I have a problem with!!!:funny1:

#10 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

:shocked:

wow I must say I did not see that coming!

mmmyep...kinda saw that coming:coffee:

I was a little harsh.

I was a subscriber, 15 years back. There are some values still upheld in the church--values I deeply respect. But the lunacy of the rules (confession being one of them) and silliness of some of the beliefs (transubstantiation), meh, just can't get behind 'em anymore . edit: how could I forget the virgin birth :lol:

#11 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

I was a little harsh.

I was a subscriber, 15 years back. There are some values still upheld in the church--values I deeply respect. But the lunacy of the rules (confession being one of them) and silliness of some of the beliefs (transubstantiation), meh, just can't get behind 'em anymore . edit: how could I forget the virgin birth :lol:

not to worry...I heard their renewing your subscription.

na-na-nanaaahnah...you're goin' to helll-ell, youre're goin'
to helll-ell!!!

#12 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,503 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

what u be talkin all dat jive n shit:lol:

#13 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

did you refill the crustal light yet :lol:

#14 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,503 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

im always refillin the crustal light:rolleyes::lol:

#15 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

I paid my dues...I went to catholic school from kindergarten through high school. Also was an alter server. But yea...not much of an organized religion person anymore.

#16 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,503 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

going to a catholic grammer school is what turned me off to religion :lol:

#17 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Damn! I meant *altar* server ...not alter.

#18 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

now see, when I was a kid I got spoiled going to church. the Rev. (Methodist..the kickass kind) was cool and made it more like a history lesson than a sermon.

#19 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,503 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

nah, if we acted up we got the ruler

#20 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

:picardfp: Fucking Catholics

#21 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

im always refillin the crustal light:rolleyes::lol:

:lol::lol:

oops :lol:

#22 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

going to a catholic grammer school is what turned me off to religion :lol:

sent my daughter for 13 years. aside from a wishy-washy religion class, they're not very Catholic anymore. They sure can teach you how to write though

#23 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

My high school referred to detention as "Jug" short for justice under God. :crazy:

#24 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,692 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

sent my daughter for 13 years. aside from a wishy-washy religion class, they're not very Catholic anymore. They sure can teach you how to write though

Everybody I've come across that went to CS writes well

#25 PhilliesPhan

PhilliesPhan
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

I remember diagramming sentences all the time.

#26 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,544 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Growing up Catholic was one of the driving forces of my becoming an atheist. That and the whole lot of other reasons.