• 15,023 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

head exploding

#4 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,023 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

alternative view, which I'll read after I finish the doc.

http://scienceblogs....doesnt_want.php

#5 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,023 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

list of some of his patients

http://www.burzynski...medical-records

edit: okay. watched.

last 20 minutes pretty compelling.

I will have to read the counter-argument and digest.

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

The FDA, Texas Med and NCI all made it quite clear that not only was Burzynski getting results from terminal patients, there was no ill side efffects to his treatment plan.

What i find the most disturbing is how the govt., in bed with bigpharma, can control the field in the manner that was displayed here. It's appalling to think that our own govt. agencies are corrupt so far beyond the pale, that patent rights for themsleves is more important than bringing potentially life saving drugs to the market.

I read the piece you posted in counter-argument, Kris. It sounds a lot like a smear piece lacking substantiated evidence to support the idea that Burzynski is a "quack" performing psuedo-science and making bank on it.

This is the reason that people that make the rules, can not be in the business. It leads to full blown corruption. This is a perfect example.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

I eagerly await the discussion groups thoughts and added value to this one. I was literally blown away when I watched this last night. I'm usually a hawk when it comes to these types of cases but this one never hit my radar.

#8 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

this is on netflix? i'll watch it over the weekend

#9 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Capt morgan posted a youtube link in a thread in this forum too.

#10 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

yeah but when i hook my computer through my tv i get a green tint on the telly...the jack in my computer is busted a lil bit i think

but it is indeed on netflix?

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

yes.

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

If there is anyone here i want to watch this, it's you, vic. It goes right to the bone of everything I've been trying to get across in these political discussions over the last year or more. It might make a dent.

#13 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

if it's about innovation, i'm with you 150%...i never disagreed with you on that one buddy

#14 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

watched this yesterday...i think i had already heard something about this and i am not surprised

big pharma controls everything and has absolutely no interest in a cure for disease, only for sustaining profits by keeping you alive and charging you for medicines and treatments. nothing shocking here. there's plenty more suppression where this came from.

would this happen under any system besides capitalism?

#15 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

also, what is the latest scoop on this since 2009?

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

watched this yesterday...i think i had already heard something about this and i am not surprised

big pharma controls everything and has absolutely no interest in a cure for disease, only for sustaining profits by keeping you alive and charging you for medicines and treatments. nothing shocking here. there's plenty more suppression where this came from.

would this happen under any system besides capitalism?

The entire point here is this isn't capitalism. This is corporatism at its absolute finest. BigPharma, in this case has basically bought out the FDA, which is a govt. agency. The FDA has handed over the rules, and the proceedings to a large company/manufacturer.

Under capitalism, Burzynski would have been able to get his invention through trials and onto the market for sale. The FDA is the one that tried to both steal his patents, shut him out, shut him down and even resort to bringing court procedures against him in order to shut him out of the market. They did not fully succeed, as the trials have finally gotten under way and now are in stage II, I believe.

The problem here is exactly what Ive been saying about wall st. and the financial institutions that crippled the economy in 2008. The problem isn't capitalism, it's pure fascism, or as Mousolini coined it, corporatism.

#17 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

is corporatism not a spawn of capitalism?

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

No, it's a "spawn" of government climbing into bed with certain industries and passing along the ability to write the rules and utilize govt. funding to conduct business like we see here between BigPharma and the FDA.

The problem is your govt. is beyond the pale corrupt and has pursued favoritism in industries (at this point, almost all of them) to create monopolies and squash competition. Creating the climate we see today. The solution, is less govt. intervention, a LOT less, and more capitalism. Where the customer rules, competition is fierce and the rule of LAW is upheld. All of which we completely lack. All of it. Which means no capitalism.