- - - - -

stressed out and need to ranti am so sick

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

i am so sick of looking for work. i remember in better days if i lost a job for any reason i could pick ip a new one within a week or two. this is really bothering me. anyone else fed up ?

#2 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

Awww poor girl. Hang in there something will come up. Its really tough out there right now. I know alot of people out of work.

Stay positive.

Have you been using all the online search engines such as hot jobs, career builder, monster, etc?

#3 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

thank you :) i have been doing that on a more local scale, i need to hit the pavement and do this the ole fashioned way

Awww poor girl. Hang in there
something will come up. Its really tough out there right now. I know alot of people out of work.

Stay positive.

Have you been using all the online search engines such as hot jobs, career builder, monster, etc?

#4 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,071 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

you're not alone. shit's tough, but I'm sure something good isn't far away. :heart:

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

thank you :) i have been doing that on a more local scale, i need to hit the pavement and do this the ole fashioned way

Agreed, face to face is the way to get results!

All best wishes.

#6 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

one thing you could do, if it's your kinda thing, is to try to get yourself a housekeeping client. i did it a few years ago when i was in a part time job, with minimal prospects for full time. i put up a flyer at a rec centre in a relatively affluent neighborhood, arranged a couple of references, and within a week i had my first client. if you are fast and good, you can make decent money in a short amount of time, three to four hours depending on how large the house is. it leaves you a very big chunk of time in the day to schedule interviews and appointments and pound pavement. being self-employed rawks. good luck to you. :cool: