75 replies to this topic

#51 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,986 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

:lol:

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the flyer, but yeah "blasphemous" is a good way to describe Jellyband's music (such as it is). :eek:

:lol:

#52 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

fantastic residency! here's hoping you get plenty of repeat business, and will they let you keep your gear in da club all week? that'd be tits.

#53 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,802 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I don't know about blasphemy, but you have a couple of trademark violations goog there. :funny1:

#54 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

I don't know about blasphemy, but you have a couple of trademark violations goog there. :funny1:

Yep. My band and the other 1000 GD/Phish bands in the tri-state area. :funny1:

#55 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Clean and sober (but still has the ability to incite riots at will). :thumbup:

damn skippy whitebread!:wink:

#56 gdradio

gdradio
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Cindy Lopez is good people.

#57 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

damn skippy whitebread!:wink:

Call me Wonder. :rose:

#58 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Cindy Lopez is good people.

Which is a good thing, 'cuz the rest of us are total jerks. :one:

#59 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image

The phish thing is an offensive, blasphemous ripoff of the Jesus fish! On behalf on Christians everywhere, I curse you and wish the wrath of an angry PMS-ing female Jesus upon you.

#60 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Posted Image

The phish thing is an offensive, blasphemous ripoff of the Jesus fish! On behalf on Christians everywhere, I curse you and wish the wrath of an angry PMS-ing female Jesus upon you.

I heard she only works her wrath stuff about 5 days a month.

#61 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

I once pointed out to a Christian bystander who was offended by a Darwin fish because it "mocks the Jesus fish" that idolatry has been a sin all the way back to Moses in the desert. . . but he was too fucking stupid to understand the contradiction. :lol:

#62 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 917 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Takes a narrow mind to hate.

Since I hate people with narrow minds, does that make me a self-hating hater or a self-hating narrow minder (or both)?

#63 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,949 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I mentioned it 'cause the logo is pretty, and would make a nice sticker. Your total jerks comment made me laugh. +1 :)

#64 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Awesome use of controversy and religion to promote Feeshspam! :clapping: :jamguy:

#65 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Mock up of the dead fish in fish bowl? That sounds like it could be a move visually pleasing idea. Right now there's nothing really tying both logos together... IMHO anyways.

#66 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Mock up of the dead fish in fish bowl? That sounds like it could be a move visually pleasing idea. Right now there's nothing really tying both logos together... IMHO anyways.

...but a NY Yankees, or Boston Bruins logo, or a even a lightning bolt has more continuity? :huh:

#67 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image

#68 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Reminds me of when I went to my 2nd Ratdog show out in Denver when I was 16 and the hotel we stayed at had a bunch of heads...and this one grouo of kids were driving around a van that said in huge letters all over it 'PHUCK PHISH!'. They're two pretty different bands, I never understood the fan rivalry.

#69 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Reminds me of when I went to my 2nd Ratdog show out in Denver when I was 16 and the hotel we stayed at had a bunch of heads...and this one grouo of kids were driving around a van that said in huge letters all over it 'PHUCK PHISH!'. They're two pretty different bands, I never understood the fan rivalry.

It's partly generational and partly that Phish phans have no taste. :lol:

#70 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

i can see phish as a fishbowl kinda band .. weird little thing that the rest of the world looks in on, caught in it's own tiny universe .. passerby's tapping on the glass to see if it's alive :rose:

#71 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

...but a NY Yankees, or Boston Bruins logo, or a even a lightning bolt has more continuity? :huh:

To be honest, it could have to do with the relative "lighting" / "color choices."

#72 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Menchuning The Dead & Pfish in the same centance is Blastfamous enough. D-filing the Steely is a Moral Sin.

#73 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,949 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

((g))

#74 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Menchuning The Dead & Pfish in the same centance is Blastfamous enough. D-filing the Steely is a Moral Sin.

Inter s ting that u men chun D-filing Steely Dan sinse it wuz the nayme uv a dil doe in Teh Nay Kid Lunch.

#75 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,986 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

I like it by the way...the flyer!

Looks sweet:thumbsup:

#76 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

To be honest, it could have to do with the relative "lighting" / "color choices."

I hear that.

I like it by the way...the flyer!

Looks sweet:thumbsup:

Thanks, man!

Basically, we just wanted a flyer that would let people know at a glance what to expect of us, and where/when we were performing.
A Stealie is perfect for the GD crowd, and we figured a Phishie 'cause we do play a bit of teh Phish from VT.

When we posted it on FBook some folks had a problem combining GD & Phish. I dunno why... I love both bands (and many more).

It's actually kind of interesting to see the reaction of the different segments of the crowd as we go through a set... The older folks (who never really gave Phish a chance) seem to appreciate the skill it takes to perform that music, the younger folks seem to more open-minded, but after a few "older" tunes they want to hear something "newer".

I'll say this: putting aside teh Phish & GD, there are a lot of FZ fans on LI! :jamguy: