possible Meeting at Vibes..

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

without stepping on any toes i.e. maybe the wharf rats already do this at vibes..
i was thinking/feeling an A.M. meeting/gathering at the water. Anyone else interested?

#2 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

They have a table in the NPO section. :smile:

#3 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

oh no shit!!:crazy: AWESOME:clapping:

#4 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

oh no shit!!:crazy: AWESOME:clapping:

We have meering every morning around the coffee *** behind my truck in WR camping. Late night same spot. Several meetings a day at the table. Meeting every night on concert field during headliner setbreak.

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

We have meering every morning around the coffee *** behind my truck in WR camping. Late night same spot. Several meetings a day at the table. Meeting every night on concert field during headliner setbreak.

Nice!! thank you George.

#6 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

My Stratford Men's sponsor even says they count.

#7 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,664 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'd totally be down with that. Vibes is gonna be one of my biggest sobriety challenges this year

#8 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

My Stratford Men's sponsor even says they count.

2 or more gathered at anytime in any place to discuss the message and solution is a meeting!!! oooo look at me! ize sooo smaht!!

#9 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

2 or more gathered at anytime in any place to discuss the message and solution is a meeting!!! oooo look at me! ize sooo smaht!!

I usually don't count yellow balloon wookie meetings, but I was told I could count the ones at Vibes.

#10 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

HA! yellow Balloon

#11 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Roo,

Having worked/coordinated the non-profit village for a number of years, I can tell you that Wharf Rats always has a good crew there (IMHO) and there seems to be good people gathering there at all hours. The support is there! :smile: Look forward to seeing the "new" roo at Vibes! :dance:

#12 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

There's a pretty chill crew at the table and in The Oasis campsite.

#13 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Roo,

Having worked/coordinated the non-profit village for a number of years, I can tell you that Wharf Rats always has a good crew there (IMHO) and there seems to be good people gathering there at all hours. The support is there! :smile: Look forward to seeing the "new" roo at Vibes! :dance:

highlighted for personal reference ,Thank you Sean!

#14 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Get a Family Camping Pass and join us in the Oasis!

#15 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

""Family Camping Pass??"" :lmao::rotf::lmao::rotf::lmao: oh man i just fell out of my chair:lmao: what's a "pass"?

#16 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

although i will definitely be joining you at the Oasis.

#17 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

There's a WR camping???!! I think I'll make a Vibes return if I could camp there. :Phishfolk:

#18 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

There's a WR camping???!! I think I'll make a Vibes return if I could camp there. :Phishfolk:

Wharf Rat camping. :smile:

#19 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

:jump:There absolutely is Wharf Rat camping! I could not go without it. I have made some very dear friends in the Oasis over the years and make more every year! There is strength in numbers. We often travel onto the concert field in groups to provide some support when needed. :jump:

#20 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

:jump:There absolutely is Wharf Rat camping! I could not go without it. I have made some very dear friends in the Oasis over the years and make more every year! There is strength in numbers. We often travel onto the concert field in groups to provide some support when needed. :jump:

awesome!!!:clapping:

#21 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

WRF, wut?

#22 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've been to vibes twice now, both times camped with the rats. Second time I went I met George who is good at having a great time sober. I am going again this year for real.
The great thing about putting your tent with the Wharf Rats is that you can soak up as much as you want. If you want to go nonstop all weekend hanging with very sober and crazy people, you can do that. (that's what I like to do) If you want to be chill and be on your own more, you can do that, too. You'll always know that eventually your tent will be surrounded by people who get you. There will be a great group of people to hang out with the entire time your there. I feel confident in making that a promise.

#23 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

In a silent way, I want you to get over to the table or oasis more when you're not in that trailer.

#24 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

I can't wait to see you this summer! I could not have made it through that first year without you and Gary! Time for me to give back what was so freely given to me! :bouncey:

#25 wharfratbd

wharfratbd
  • VibeTribe
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

One year a bunch of us piled into a limo and went to an outside meeting. That was my first vibes and my first real wharfrat experience.

#26 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

I always see guys from my home group at Vibes. If I can find them this year I'll bring them over to the table. Stratford Men's, wut!

#27 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Soooo, on the topic of meetings.... Is somebody going to, or has somebody been bringing a coffee setup that will handle enough fr us in the mornings? I'm just about to have my first today and thinking about my morning 'ritual' of coffee and quiet time with my soul.

#28 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I have been taking the coffee commitment the past few years. I have two 14 cup coffee perculators and am usually up around dawn. I do gladly accept donations of coffee(preferrably coarse or perc ground to keep the grinds to a minnimum). I live a couple of miles from the Melita coffee roasting plant, so I usually try to grab a big bag there.I have a big box of sugar packets but if someone would be willing to bring some half and half that would be great. It doesn't matter to me ,I drink it black.

#29 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I knew you were cool as soon as I saw you park your truck at the campsite! This is icing on the cake.

#30 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Just a reminder. There will be several meetings a day between the campsite, the table and the concert field. Don't be shy,come join the party. I don't always need a meeting to keep me clean & sober but someone else may need me at the meeting. I need to give back what was so freely given to me!

#31 ALF5

ALF5
  • VibeTribe
  • 4 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Just a reminder. There will be several meetings a day between the campsite, the table and the concert field. Don't be shy,come join the party. I don't always need a meeting to keep me clean & sober but someone else may need me at the meeting. I need to give back what was so freely given to me!

Good point, it is not a selfish program