This week's state for Walk To End Alzheimers are DE and RI

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

We have made great strides in recent times. More research is needed for a cure. If you dont know somebody who has Alzheimer's, you will soon.
Baby Boomers are aging and it will be a tremendous cost to society and individuals and familes. Please donate below.

http://act.alz.org/s...d=1827&pg=entry enter Ryan Stewart as the participant

I need to get the "easy" states done before I approach far away states. You dont have to be from DE or RI to donate. donate here, you might be the donor who puts me over $1,000 Look for a minimum donation of $10 from all 50 states

#2 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

I didn't think anyone was actually from Delaware.

#3 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

RI and DE will close out the Northeastern USA for me

#4 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I took care of and became good friends with a man with downs syndrome who also suffered from Alzheimer's at the end of his life.

He was a hilarious guy, always a prankster. Quick to laugh at my lame jokes and pratfalls.

I didn't cry when he passed, but I did a few times on the bad days, when he didn't recognize me, when he was scared and I couldn't console him. Alzheimer's is a douchebag and I hope you murder it with your walking.

I wish I could afford more than $10. Good luck and thanks Ryan.

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 29,115 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've sent the request and link to some friends in both states, and ask them to pass along the request.

#6 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thank you Smiles. I'm sorry your friend had to suffer. I sounds like you were a good companion to him. I want to totally get ride of Alzheimer's. When I see a walk for cancer or autism, I say to myself, "When a cure is found for Alzheimer's, I will devote myself to these causes"