RC: Going to be pretty much ripped come summer

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#251 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

I got my swell on yesterday, feels good and sore today. And the windstorm has died down so I can run outside today instead of jumping around like a jackass in my living room.

Also, switched to a new whey protein. Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate. It blows chunks compared to the Muscle Milk Cookies-n-Cream. But not too bad and pretty good shaken with milk. It's kind of creamy. We got Cookies-n-Cream Casein for night time, but I'm not going to take it because I don't want to get jacked.

#252 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

I got my swell on yesterday, feels good and sore today. And the windstorm has died down so I can run outside today instead of jumping around like a jackass in my living room.

Also, switched to a new whey protein. Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate. It blows chunks compared to the Muscle Milk Cookies-n-Cream. But not too bad and pretty good shaken with milk. It's kind of creamy. We got Cookies-n-Cream Casein for night time, but I'm not going to take it because I don't want to get jacked.

I just got a jug of ON Double Rich Chocolate Whey Isolates, but I really like it.

:dunno:

#253 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

I like the chocolate one too, but I really really liked the other brand I had. It's good when I shake it up really well, it gets frothy and creamy. :lol:
Will try double chocolate next.

#254 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Pro Tip: Use a bar shaker to mix your protein shakes.

#255 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Fridays I try and go to the gym twice now. Did chest, legs and 20 minutes of cardio this morning. Will go do some abs and more cardio tonight.

#256 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

Pro Tip: Use a bar shaker to mix your protein shakes.

I put a banana in it (16 oz skim, 2 scoops Chocolate Whey, 1 banana, and a couple ice cubes), so I have to use the blender.

#257 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

I use one of these..
Posted Image

'cept mine doesn't have a ball in it just a piece that fits in the top to break up the chunks.
Just finished a frothy chocolate shake after my run and yoga. This flavor is growing on me.

#258 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

Bar shaker is better.

#259 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,487 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

the little ball looks cool. I saw some live music and danced tonight. judo was extra oof, last night. ((sweat))

#260 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Worked bis and tris yesterday, as well as played in a Soccer game. Noice.

I lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I think it was all gut so that is cool. Still having trouble gaining muscle mass, though. I guess I need to eat more.

#261 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

What are you eating? Do you take any supplements?

I drop and gain weight like everyday. It's weird. I've been between 120-127 since high school. Except towards the end of trail season when I get pretty jacked I gain a couple lbs.

Anyways, I took the whole weekend off, didn't even yoga. Wish I would have now though. Today I will probably do all 3, cardio, lift, and yoga. I am going back to Philly this week and I know I'm going to have a tough time keeping up with my routine and will probably eat like 3 cheesesteaks and 5 Italian hoagies so I have to power workout right now. :lol:

#262 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

I eat like food, bruh. Normally like a bowl of cereal for breakfast. A sammich at 10am. Lunch consisting of leftovers at noon. A hard boiled egg when I get home. Dinner consisting of a meat, veggies and salad with a hard boiled egg or two. I also knock out a batch of pico de gallo every week, usually by Thursday. I don't snack. I try to eat fish for supper on workout days.

And I drink the protein shakes after workouts which are 3-4 times per week. Plus I play soccer 1-2 times per week, 40 minute halves. Plus I should be jogging but am not. Plus I should do abs but am not. Plus the occasional pie/cookies/brownies.

:pimp:

#263 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Oh, btw, have a killer time in Philly. And knock out some cheesesteaks.

#264 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

"Recovery" week. Lots of core stuff, stretching (Yoga) and cardio. One hour of Yoga this morning. :monkey:

#265 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

Good work out tonight. Chest and back. Tennis tomorrow and Thursday. No more gym for the week. Need to do more abs, too.

#266 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:22 AM

Nice work. Everyone seems to be kicking ass except for Redbruh. He has been absent.

My bis and tris were sore today. Love it.

#267 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

Nice job everyone! Drew you should check out this book called The Ab Diet.. I'll send you some stuff when I'm back on the computer. Will have fun in Philthy and will be punishing my body today in preparation of cheesesteak consumption! woot. I love the burn! and my booty yoga is starting to have some nice rounding rewards.

#268 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

Bad workout today. Totally uninspired. I guess it is better than no workout, though.

Will look for the book. I think I have to accept the fact that I need to consume way more calories and then do cardio and abs. It is the only way.

#269 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Rolled my ankle again last night. I heard it crack like someone was cracking their knuckles or back. It it pretty sore today. As if the dirt clump field wasn't bad enough, they didn't cut what grass was there so the ball go caught up and I rolled it. Brilliant.

I'm though, though.

#270 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Ouch, dude, hope it's not all custy like those pics from the first time. My ankle is still swollen, but pain free. I got one of these:

http://www.activeank...m/store/t2.html

Posted Image

Played for 2 hours with it last night - no problems. You can get it at Dick's or order online at Amazon or something a save a couple bucks. Season starts Sunday. Rest tonight (Halladay and the Flyers on picture-in-picture), hard practice tomorrow morning. I also want to go for a run tomorrow sometime - got the corporate 5k next Thursday. Also lost another pound, now down 20 since 1/1.

#271 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

Ouch, dude, hope it's not all custy like those pics from the first time. My ankle is still swollen, but pain free. I got one of these:

http://www.activeank...m/store/t2.html

Posted Image

Played for 2 hours with it last night - no problems. You can get it at Dick's or order online at Amazon or something a save a couple bucks. Season starts Sunday. Rest tonight (Halladay and the Flyers on picture-in-picture), hard practice tomorrow morning. I also want to go for a run tomorrow sometime - got the corporate 5k next Thursday. Also lost another pound, now down 20 since 1/1.

Nice! Went to the game last night, we lost, going again on Saturday, then I think going to the Flyers on Sunday. :ura1:

#272 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

nitrous mafia'd.

#273 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

:lol: I wonder what the calorie count is on a balloon

#274 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,487 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Rolled my ankle again last night. I heard it crack like someone was cracking their knuckles or back. It it pretty sore today. As if the dirt clump field wasn't bad enough, they didn't cut what grass was there so the ball go caught up and I rolled it. Brilliant.

I'm though, though.

I had a good ankle roll a while back. It was a little scary, but it worked out for the better, I think.

Judo was good on Thursday.

#275 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Amount of exercise done on vacation = 0 (unless you count 12 oz. curls)
Amount of cheesesteaks/Italian hoagies consumed = a lot

I've got a lot of catching up to do this next week.

#276 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Good work, Sarah. And jags. I have been slacking. I was able to play in my game Tuesday, though.

Bis and Tris tonight. :)

#277 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,487 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

judo was fun last night. danced a little on tuesday. more dancing tonight, judo tomorrow.

#278 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Sarah, do you take names or just kick ass?

Horrible workout yesterday, but it was better than nothing. :lol:

#279 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Sarah, do you take names or just kick ass?

Horrible workout yesterday, but it was better than nothing. :lol:

Dude, do something other than the Jersey Shore muscles. We'll have to start calling you The Half-Situation.

Played my first match last weekend. Of course, I hurt my good foot so I'm now down to zero healthy feet left one match into the season. That didn't stop me from running the 5k last night though. I went slower than normal to be careful, but had enough in the tank to sprint the final uphill to the line. Came in at 26:40, which I know is pretty slow for 5k, but I think I could have been a minute or so faster if I ran all out the whole way.

#280 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Jersey Shore'd. We got a situation up in hizear.

Good work, bruh. Bummer about that foot.

I haven't been pumping much iron, lately. Been working on the house, instead. Plus being really sore from soccer doesn't help. However, chest tonight.

#281 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,062 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Back at it today, hopefully. I havent done a damn thing for a week and a half due to allergies>sinus infection>Dizzyness. I feel like shit! :undecided:

#282 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Got a new job and have since been lifting 60 lb. root balls all day, so no workouts, I need to squeeze in some cardio though once I'm unexhausted. But my biceps are shaping in to a minor situation. Watch out now!

#283 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

I assume you have been lifting two at a time? I hope, anyways.

I didn't realize you started your new jab already. Noice.

#284 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

Got a new job and have since been lifting 60 lb. root balls all day, so no workouts, I need to squeeze in some cardio though once I'm unexhausted. But my biceps are shaping in to a minor situation. Watch out now!

I totally thought jager was a chick. :undecided:

#285 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

Jersey Shore'd. We got a situation up in hizear.

Good work, bruh. Bummer about that foot.

I haven't been pumping much iron, lately. Been working on the house, instead. Plus being really sore from soccer doesn't help. However, chest tonight.

I think I have mild plantar faciitis in my foot. Since that is just an inflammation and not a real injury, I'm currently working on pain tolerance more than anything else. In other words, blocking the pain and walking/running/playing normally when I really want to scream in agony, limp around, and self-medicate. It's been OK so far. I've been able to play on it with only a slight decrease in mobility. So, currently, my right ankle is actually injured with structural damage but doesn't bother me one bit and my left foot hurts like hell but isn't really injured. I can't wait until I actually turn 40 next summer to see how badly my body breaks down...

Did chest and back last night with a little sprinting for some interval training. Shoulders and arms tonight. Also currently 8 lbs below my original target playing weight for this season and still losing. Will be ripped by August.

#286 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

Caught the gheigh'd

#287 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

:shocked:

#288 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Finally, a good workout yesterday.

:)

#289 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

is. and a totally hawt one. kang'd.

#290 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

Posted Image

#291 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

is. and a totally hawt one. kang'd.

#1s

or Nannies....

#292 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

I've got pics. :coffee:

#293 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

he does, it's true. check out the baskerville.org :coffee:
I don't know if you're aware but I am the official Custeez model. (soon to be unveiled, prolly, if halfstar ever gets off his ass)

#294 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

:rolling:

Totally. I need to finish. I just have so much other crap going on. I hope to have it finished by t00r.

#295 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Oh, and back and shoulders tonight.

#296 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Food shopping last night, tennis tonight, Saturday, and Sunday, so it'll be Monday before I see the gym again, but I'll get some ab work in at home in the meantime.

#297 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Noice. I think I am going to start doing squats. I generally don't work my legs. OK, not generally. I do not work my legs. I am going to start doing squats to work the ass. That's right. SLYGSAASISOI

#298 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

You should try my yoga booty! It makes your butt all tight and round. :lol:
Wanting to go running today but it's snowing/freezing rain. Have yet to decide if I want to do the "jumping around the living room like a fool cardio" or not.

#299 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

Noice. I think I am going to start doing squats. I generally don't work my legs. OK, not generally. I do not work my legs. I am going to start doing squats to work the ass. That's right. SLYGSAASISOI

Squats rule. Squats and dead lifts are the easiest way to get big. I'm going to start doing more free weights in my next offseason training cycle. The problem for me is that I don't have a partner and don't heavy lifting with free weights and no spotter is a little bit worrisome to me.

#300 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

All I do are free weights and I am always alone, in the basement. The only time I have an issue is when I do bench presses. I don't really need a spotter for anything else. Well, the front and back seated barbell presses are a bit iffy at times.