• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#151 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Back and abs yesterday. Finished with 20 minutes if hiking on the treadmill.

This evening is chest and 40 mins cardio.

Im kinda pissed off that I slacked on cardio all winter. Im behind but, there is only one way to go & that is up! Keep on werkin Brahmigos & Brahdettes. :v:

#152 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Since I last checked in here, I've been up at 5am every weekday morning (7am on Saturday and rest on Sunday). Still working it brahmigos and bramigettes!

It's week four of the P90X program which means lots of stretching and cardio. Yoga, Kenpo and what they are calling "Core synergistics"; working the "core" muscles around the mid-section.

Yeah, the abs are tough but I'll just keep workin' it!

#153 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,106 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

Tried something different last night that I had been observing this other dude do at the gym. On average I do between 15 -20 exercises, 3 sets of ten working all muscle groups. Typically this takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes. Instead of resting between sets of one exercise, I just moved immediately to the next machine in series of four exercises. Upper body, Legs, upper body, abs. Took about half the time and I sweat double what I normally would in a typical work out; almost like incorporating light cardio. Gonna go this route for a bit.

#154 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

It's always good to switch it up and keep your muscles working in different ways. Glad to see everyone still kicking butt!

#155 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Bis and tris tonight, ladies.

#156 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

Back and legs today with a few miles running around town for good measure. Was pretty low on energy today for whatever reason. Ah well. Still got in a decent workout.

#157 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Chest and cardio yesterday evening. The gym has not been busy at all since the nice weather has come. No complaints here.

#158 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

How's those arms feeling Half-Brah?

#159 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Feeling great bruh. I love the new bicep workout. Can't wait til tomorrow where I do something awesome outside.

#160 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:23 AM

[ame][/ame]

[ame][/ame]

#161 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

Just back from vacay. Only gained 1/2 lb, which is incredible. Back to the gym tomorrow. Tweaked my ankle again, though, so no tennis for a while. Gotta be healed and ready for the season beginning in May.

#162 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

beefcax! :lol: :heart:
Posted Image

#163 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Been one month since I started and I've noticed this morning that I lost an inch off my waist.

OOH-RAH!!

Feeling GREAT! Did shoulders, back, tris and, of course, abs this morning. Total time - 1 hour 20 mins. Abs wasn't as tough as it was the week prior. I was actually able to make it through most of the workout. :v:

#164 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hit the "Big Guns" today peeps. :funny1:

Tomorrow will be mad cardio and abs.

Keep up the good werk peeps.

#165 welf0621

welf0621
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

signed. biggest tannest bro at vibes

#166 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

Sarah B - Can you bring that to my house? I could surely use it.

Glad to see everyone is still at it, me as well. Everyone please welcome Mike "The Situation" welf0621 to the party.

#167 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

Hard legs and back last night. Feeling the burn today. Good to be back in the gym.

#168 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,106 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

you have some work to do with Mike though.

'bro' won't cut it when macking wookettes

#169 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

you have some work to do with Mike though.

'bro' won't cut it when macking wookettes

Just push back the beat.

#170 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Bro will def not cut it Def not.

:undecided:

#171 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

can't wait to see all these jacked bodies :devil:

pics please :mrgreen:

(halfstar: doing his best to compensate :lol: )

#172 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,737 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

Wow, this turned out to be an inspirational thread for a lot of people! Awesome!

I did couch-and desk sits, mostly sitting and large Brita water-pours for upper body all morning and then the afternoon bike ride in 72 degree sun was phenomenal. :jamguy:

#173 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:35 AM

Started a new workout regiment this week. Basically focuses on ONE body part per day.

Monday was chest...flat dumbbell presses, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; Chest flys, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; incline dumbbell press, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; incline dumbbell flys, 5-8 reps x 3 sets.
30 minutes treadmill=3.45 miles

Tuesday (today) was back: Wide grip pull ups x 6 sets, 5-8 reps; back rows (dumbbells) x 6 sets, 5-8 reps; vicious ab workout 5 supersets, 4 sets of leg raises.
30 minutes treadmill=3.70 miles

This routine is supposed to maximize muscle gain if you're eating correctly as it gives each individual muscle plenty of time to heal.

#174 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Started a new workout regiment this week. Basically focuses on ONE body part per day.

Monday was chest...flat dumbbell presses, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; Chest flys, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; incline dumbbell press, 5-8 reps x 3 sets; incline dumbbell flys, 5-8 reps x 3 sets.
30 minutes treadmill=3.45 miles

Tuesday (today) was back: Wide grip pull ups x 6 sets, 5-8 reps; back rows (dumbbells) x 6 sets, 5-8 reps; vicious ab workout 5 supersets, 4 sets of leg raises.
30 minutes treadmill=3.70 miles

This routine is supposed to maximize muscle gain if you're eating correctly as it gives each individual muscle plenty of time to heal.

Yes, exactly. I have three weight workouts at the gym - legs and lower back, chest and upper back, and shoulders and arms. Each one consists of 30 mins of HIIT/cardio then 5-6 exercises targetting that muscle group. I generally do 3 sets of 10-12 reps since I am not realy looking to bulk. During my offseason, I just rotate the 3 workouts in 5 days per week at the gym so that I'm getting at least 4 days rest between workouts on a particular muscle group. Since the season is approaching, I am doing weights 3 times a week (or each muscle group once a week) along with a hard (45 min +) HIIT workout (i.e. sprints and plyos) and tennis once a week for my other workouts. Once the season starts, I will cut the weights back to once a week since I will be playing 3-4 times a week. I do abs (pilates) in the mornings at least 3-4 times a week, so that's why they are not in the gym plan. Next offseason, I think I am going to work heavier abs into the lower body weight workout to get more rip. My goal is to eventually rock the dragon flags.

Currently, unfortunately, I'm still dealing with this ankle issue (I'm pretty sure something is torn in there...), so the HIITs have been more like MIITs on the elliptical.

Also, remember all you aspiring brahnalds, diet and nutrition is just as important as the gym work. Know your goals and track those macros!

#175 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

CRB - I do bis and tris one day, back and shoulders one day and chest one day. One workout every other day.

I also slam a protein shake after each workout and eat chicken or fish for supper on workout days.

China - There are pix. Believe me. But you don't want to know about it. Believe me.

#176 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

CRB - I do bis and tris one day, back and shoulders one day and chest one day. One workout every other day.

I also slam a protein shake after each workout and eat chicken or fish for supper on workout days.

China - There are pix. Believe me. But you don't want to know about it. Believe me.

there are indeed and indeed you don't.

Wait until July 28, CC. No pix...in person. :devil:

#177 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

As Chris Farley said....."Which way is the gyyyym"? :lol:

Chest(Smith machine flat, Inclined dumbells, decline flys & dips). Then finished with 40 mins of cardio. :mrpat1:

#178 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

Legs today:

Dumbbell lunges, 5-8 reps x3 sets
Squats, 5-8 reps x 3 sets
Hamstring flexion, 5-8 reps x 3 sets
Calf raises, 5-8 reps x 3 sets
Leg extensions, 5-8 reps x 3 sets
Cardio: 30 minutes on the bike=9.70 miles or so

Halfstar...what kind of protein shake do you use?
I need a supplement at this point. I'm trying to get in a lot of protein during the day in general...eggs, nuts, chicken, fish, granola, tofu, etc.

#179 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Legs today:

I need a supplement at this point. I'm trying to get in a lot of protein during the day in general...eggs, nuts, chicken, fish, granola, tofu, etc.

Jon,

Just go to GNC and get a huge jug of whey protein powder. They are all over the store. I have two. One flavorless that I keep at work and mix a scoop with a 32 oz Vitamin Water for lunch (this doesn't affect the flavor of the VW except to dilute it a little, but it does give it a much thicker texture that takes some getting used to). The other is chocolate flavored, and I mix two scoops with 16oz skim milk (i.e. a large glass worth) and a banana in a blender after I work out (these shakes are quite good actually). Each scoop is 20g protein. If you are adventurous, you can also get recipes to make yoru own protein bars using this powder.

Also, watch the nuts. Nuts have a lot more fat than protein. Eggs, and especially egg whites or egg beaters, and lean meats like chicken, fish, and pork are your best bets for protein. I can't say it enough how much it helps you refine your diet to set appropriate targets, write down every bite you take, and track your macros on paper.

#180 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

I got the 5.5 lb jug of vanilla 100% whey protein from the vitamin shoppe online. I went to the GNC store and they wanted $20 more than they did online. I just google search it and go to shopping results.

I slam down a scoop with 8oz fat free milk after getting buff.

#181 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Damn all this protein talk and shit.

Easy there Brahnold's, easy!

#182 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

TRU BEAFCAX!!!!!

:crazy:

#183 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Legs today:

Jon, DON'T go to GNC.. :lol: Research what you'll want and order it online, GNC is expensive. You should be having a protein shake after every workout to aid in muscle recovery among other things.. My favorite that I've had so far is CytoSport's Muscle Milk in Cookies-n-Cream, mixed with a glass of milk. It's pretty yummy.
I
m glad I found this thread! :ura1: I have Cardio today, so I'll be out running.

#184 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

Jon, DON'T go to GNC.. :lol: Research what you'll want and order it online, GNC is expensive. You should be having a protein shake after every workout to aid in muscle recovery among other things.. My favorite that I've had so far is CytoSport's Muscle Milk in Cookies-n-Cream, mixed with a glass of milk. It's pretty yummy.
I
m glad I found this thread! :ura1: I have Cardio today, so I'll be out running.

There are rules in this thread and the first rule it tits or gtfo.

#185 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

this isn't nam?

#186 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

Tits and Lebowski. Double win. I please can play now? Kthnx.

#187 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Yes. Can play but why are you backwards? theDHJ'd.

#188 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

Macbook'd

#189 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Sweet shirt. Nice bewbz.

#190 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

:clapping:

Bi's, shoulders and back yesterday. Kenpo style cardio work out this morning. Legs and back tomorrow.

Muscle Milk...tried some of that the other day. I'm going to have to get used to the taste. :undecided:

#191 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

Protein shakes aren't exactly tasty either although they aren't that bad.

#192 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Vanilla protein shake with 2% milk and a banana in it. Nothing taste's better!

#193 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:49 AM

Vanilla protein shake with 2% milk and a banana in it. Nothing taste's better!

I make almost the same thing, but with chocolate. Skim milk, banana, shake, and a couple ice cubes in the blender. Really not too bad. I made it with all natural peanut butter once when I was out of bananas, and that was pretty good, too, although I definitely recommend creamy pb.

Shoulders & arms tonight. 25 mins HIIT on the elliptical, then shoulder press, shrugs, dumbells, and a couple sets at the end for the Jersey Shore muscles.

#194 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

Sounds like you've got a situation.

I had a good run today but got caught in the rain on the last mile or so to the car. Oh well.

#195 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

Shoulders tonight and 30 minutes running=3.70 miles.

I'll look into the protein shake on-line. Thanks. :)

To be honest, I'm really happy with how my body looks right now. I'm lean and cut and have defined musculature. I eat 3 meals a day with some protein related snacks in between. Always nice to tweak it out, though.

#196 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

oh. pardon me. :lol: no tagging if this winds up elsewhere. I'm trying not to encourage my little sister to post such things on teh interbewbz.
and judo was fun tonight. :)

here: http://www.twitpic.com/1az9rv

#197 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

oh. pardon me. :lol: no tagging if this winds up elsewhere. I'm trying not to encourage my little sister to post such things on teh interbewbz.

Posted Image

Apparently, your bewbz look like a giant red x. You shoud probably get that checked out.

#198 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

If she is < 18 she gets a free pass. Otherwise, there are rules.

#199 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

she's only 16. link updated. that's me, not mini b. :lol:

#200 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Nice shirt. Nice bewbz. Tiny Terrapin'd.