RC: Going to be pretty much ripped come summer

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#51 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:47 AM

Bad news fellow brahdybuilders. Playing tennis tonight, I totally rolled my ankle until the outside bone hit the court. I iced it for a half hour and took a pile of happy pills, but it's like twice the size of the other one. I'm hoping the swelling goes down in 24 hours or I might have to go to the doctors for it. Looks like I might have to cut back on cardio and concentrate on the abs and guns for a while.

#52 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

Damn... that sucks NJfunk. Sounds like you prob. damaged some ligaments. Dont mess with it, if its sore go get some x-rays. Get better brah.

#53 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

Damn... that sucks NJfunk. Sounds like you prob. damaged some ligaments. Dont mess with it, if its sore go get some x-rays. Get better brah.

Thanks. It's not as swollen this morning, it's not black and blue, and I can put full weight on it while standing and sort of hobble around. I really don't think there's any chance it's broken, so X-rays aren't necessary. I'm going to lay off it this weekend, and if it is still swollen and sore on Monday, I'll call my orthopod and get an MRI or something to see if there is ligament damage.

#54 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

I did the same thing playing soccer last fall. That sucks. I toughed it out because I don't have insurance. I still can't move it 100% of normal, but I am able to jog without much of a limp finally. Sucks brah. Hope it heals quickly.

Back and shoulders tonight brahmigos.

#55 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

oooh....I still have pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

:eek:

wow man, that looks awful. You really are beefcaux for toughin' that out...

#57 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

I did the same thing playing soccer last fall. That sucks. I toughed it out because I don't have insurance. I still can't move it 100% of normal, but I am able to jog without much of a limp finally. Sucks brah. Hope it heals quickly.

Back and shoulders tonight brahmigos.

That really sucks, brahmegeddon. Thankfully, mine isn't all black and blue and custy like that. I do have insurance, so if that were the case, I would have been in the ER last night.

Just pilates for me tonight.

#58 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

TRU BEAFCAX!

:crazy:

#59 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,348 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:45 AM

Owch! that looked like that hurt realllly bad!!!

Nice toe hair patch...:funny1:

#60 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Swelling and pain gone, back to the gym tonight. 30 mins of cardio (probably on the elliptical instead of jogging/sprints on the track to be safe) and then chest and back.

#61 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Nice work, Funkster.

Awesome bi and tri workout last night. Not sore enough today, though.

#62 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

Nice work, Funkster.

Awesome bi and tri workout last night. Not sore enough today, though.

Did a long cardio workout last night. Got shoulders and arms tonight. Friday - just pilates (rest day), Saturday - tennis drills, Sunday - start plyometrics (the jumping onto the box stuff).

As tennis season approaches, I'm going to switch up my workouts to focus more on speed and agility instead of heavy lifting. That means more plyometrics and fartleks (interval sprinting), as well as more actual tennis:

http://www.sport-fit...cexercises.html
http://www.associate...ut_fat_and.html

Also, for abs, for the last 2 years or so I've been doing a 20 minute pilates workout 2 or 3 times a week, but I feel like I need something more intense. I really want to be able to do dragon flags. That is bad ass (but it's going to take some work to get there...):

http://www.unique-bo...ragon-flag.html

#63 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Did some serious beer lifts last night. Polished the work out off with chicken wings. :jamguy:

#64 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Nice Funkster. Will check out those links. Are any of them for these plyos you speak of?

TASB - :pimp:

Awesome chest workout last night. I am switching from 10 rep sets to 6 with more weight. We'll see how it works out. Can barely lift my arms today. :lol:

#65 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Nice Funkster. Will check out those links. Are any of them for these plyos you speak of?

TASB - :pimp:

Awesome chest workout last night. I am switching from 10 rep sets to 6 with more weight. We'll see how it works out. Can barely lift my arms today. :lol:

The first one is plyos, the second is fartleks, and the third is dragon flags.

I did just 15 minutes of fartleks last night for a short cardio workout then shoulders and arms. Fartleks will kick your ass, dude. They have a track at the gym where I run in a pattern of laps as jog-jog-run-run-jog-jog-sprint-sprint. The jogging laps are my normal jogging speed, which is about 9 minute miles (i.e. pretty slow). The running laps are at as fast of a running pace as I can maintain for 2 full laps (running on the balls of my feet, not my heels). The sprint laps are running laps with full out sprints on each straightaway (2 per lap). A long cardio workout would be 3 full cycles with 2 walking laps at the beginning and end to warm up & cool down. That takes about 25-30 minutes, and I'm pretty much ready to fall down at the end. Since I was only doing 15 minutes of cardio last night, I just did j-j-r-r-j-j-s-s-j-j-r-s with the walking and my legs are burning today anyway.

Tonight is a rest night (just pilates), and tomorrow is supposed to be tennis drills at 8 AM, but I suppose it's fairly likely my workout tomorrow will be shoveling. I have a circular driveway, so 12 inches of shoveling is a good 2 1/2 hour workout.

BTW, dude, this thread is awesome. It's keeping me motivated to stay on track throught the winter doldrums when it is easy to skip several days in a row. Tennis season is just around the corner now, and I'm in the best shape I've been in for 15 years.

#66 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Nice arm wookout yesterday, brahmigos.

#67 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:14 AM

halfstar, did you do anything to help get you back to jogging almost normally? I never cared about running before, but it would be nice to have it as an option, again. now I have a little hopalong thing when I go to run. :blush:

oh, and I got my shirt today!! It's so cool!! I love it!!

#68 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,005 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

I am trying my best also to get in better shape.

seems to be working i am losing weight and feel better.

Keep up the good work brahmigos.....can i get in on the video shoot:pimp:

#69 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

I can jog....with some limping and cracking, but I can jog. Thanks, Sarah.

Feeling nicely sore today. Really digging the fact that I upped the weights and lowered the reps.

#70 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

so you're looking to bulk up? become a wookenegger?

:lol:

#71 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

i've been walking up and down stairs more, and it's getting easier more normal-looking and not hurting. the fact that the more I do it, the better I get at it is kind of inspiring. i'm very motivated. great thread. A+

#72 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

so you're looking to bulk up? become a wookenegger?

Just a little. I need to...too skinny. Once I get a lil muscle, I'll maintain instead of getting too buff. Got a long way to go, though. :lol:

Nice work, Sarah!

Tonight.....bis and tris.

#73 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

well done, brahmigos.

#74 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

danced/stood all night at trey. the support of boots is good, but not so much for ankle flexion. a pair of chucks might be better for the use. that, or just wearing shoes. one show at a time. had nice, long walks in ice to and from the car, as well. didn't fall. got a big bruise from walking into the end of a metal divider. whoops. :lol:

#75 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

Killer arm workout yesterday brahmigo's. Feeling nice and tight already!

#76 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Killer arm workout yesterday brahmigo's. Feeling nice and tight already!

:pimp:

My back is extremely sore today. Love it.

#77 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

haven't worked out for days. Haven't had the time. Prolly wont tonight, either. Prolly tomorrow, though....def.

#78 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

haven't worked out for days. Haven't had the time. Prolly wont tonight, either. Prolly tomorrow, though....def.

Got a good one Sunday, rested yesterday, tennis tonight, cardio-only tomorrow, North Mississippi Allstars Thursday.

#79 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

Right on. Good schedule, there.

Received my 5 pound jug of protein yesterday. :lol:

#80 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

'protein' eh?

kinda like the B-vitamin shots Clemens was getting in the buttox? :funny1:

#81 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

I started explicitly tracking my macros this week. Everything was on target except that I was way short in protein. I went out and bought a big jug of whey protein from GNC today and added a scoop to a bottle of Vitamin Water. It's like drinking pudding if pudding tasted lke tofu.

#82 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

Alright :halfstar:....I just got the P90X program. Intense! Started on Monday. I will be buff...we will compare results.

#83 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

Let me know how that p90x works. Seems to be all the rage.

NJ - I a always low in protein also. The shake isnt too bad if you mix it with milk.

#84 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

I'm px90 too. Its extreme brahmigos. Only for true beef cax.

#85 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

I'm px90 too. Its extreme brahmigos. Only for true beef cax.

kang'd. Feel like I'm back in Parris Island. :pttigui:

#86 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

Is it strength training or just like "in shape toning" or whatever?

#87 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

Either, actually. "Classic" builds muscle, "Lean" is for toning and then there's "Doubles" for those looking to build on the "Classic".

TASB, how far into it have you gotten? I'm not using weights, just bands and a pull up bar. Tomorrow...one hour of yoga. I'm not a yoga guy but this program calls for it so I guess I'm going to be.

#88 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

Legs and back today along with some ab work. An hour and twenty minute total workout at 5am. wOOt? Fuck yeah...WOOT!!

#89 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:49 AM

I don't think I'll be "ripped" but I can definitely say incredibly toned.

Does that work? When can we shamelessly post photos of our amazing bods? ;)

Hope you guys are all well. I'm hitting the gym about 4-5x a week and getting some alternate exercise in as well (hiking, tons of snow shoveling...plan on starting rock climbing on Tuesdays).

I like this thread.

#90 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

Oh yeah....I biked for 18.7 miles tonight. I had a hot date...with myself. ;)

#91 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:26 AM

protein comes in a jug? how? (no pun)

was very busy this week. a little aerobic exercise, some happy stretches earlier tonight. :pttigui: some shoveling. not much, though. I'm going to pay some extra attention to the hands up in the sky stretch.

back to judo 2x/week, next week. :grin: not sure if I've lost weight or if I just need to wash my jeans. am due to do some laundry soon and find out.

#92 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

hmmm, well i'm not going to be ripped come summer but i've been working out some. rehab from hip surgery plus other stuff. really starting to feel the effects. walking has been tough lately because of the weather, too slippery. but have been using a stationary bike, adding 2 lb weights to the hip exercise routine, which makes a huge difference and using resistance bands and a little bit of pilates. a lot of it has to do with twisting, turning and strengthening core muscles. i feel better than i have in 3 years, maybe more. but still not clear for all exercise until probably march 11. great thread. :)

#93 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

Nice work today, ladies. Nice work.

Sarah B - Protein powder comes in a jug. Jersey Shore'd.

CRB - Nice work. I posted a pic of my ripped body a bit ago somewheres. :rolling:

handy - I didn't know you were that old. :rolling: But ser - nice work. It feels so good to exercise.

#94 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

why do you think china calls me granny? :undecided:

#95 crazyredbeard

crazyredbeard
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:30 AM

Worked out Saturday like a maniac. Took Sunday off.

Ran the better part of 5.8 miles on Monday and then lifted legs. I have two huge blisters, one on each foot as a result.

Took today off but did some mental exercise in place of the physical jonks. Hitting it hard tomorrow...chest, arms, back and shoulders.

Check out this abs workout...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQdLtam6xA"][/ame]

#96 NJFunk

NJFunk
  • VibeTribe
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

Wait, what's that on my belly? Is that some abs starting to peek out from behind the spare tire? I think it is...

#97 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hammered the back yesterday eve. peeps.

Bent over rows kills it everytime. Woot.

#98 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,162 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Bunch of show offs, yous guys.

Tonight is bis and tris but I am feeling sleepy but I guess I will have to do it cause that is the nature of the beast.

#99 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

Way to step up your game brah. Didnt feel like going either, but ended up doing a great chest workout. :wook:

#100 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

My P90 Xperience.
Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

:undecided: