Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

http://www.washingto...OD0R_story.html

[QUOTE]The U.S. government last year announced a $10 million award, dubbed the

#2 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Don't it just figure that our government reckons $50 for a light bulb is affordable. Amazing.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Dang, could have gotten a new suit.

#4 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

there are plenty of less expensive l.e.d. home lighting options available, though most are still in the $20-$30 range.

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

there are plenty of less expensive l.e.d. home lighting options available, though most are still in the $20-$30 range.

yeahyouright.

I deal with facillities so I got this news while searching for LED upgrades to replace some incandescents we have here around the firm in locations.

I just get the giggles when i see federal programs like this. Although, I'm all about made in america.

#6 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yeas, and I don't understand why they are so expensive. Most of them have only a few LED's in them, and they're relatively dim because of it. But if you look at the revolution that's taken place in stage lighting over the past 5 years, you know that the home market is seriously lagging in quality, design, and cost. I've been wanting to make the switch to LED in the house, but it seems like the most affordable way to go might be to wire up the house with some truss and hang LED Pars. (which I may still do)

#7 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

new light bulbs confuse me :sad:

#8 mudd

mudd
  • VibeTribe
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yeas, and I don't understand why they are so expensive. Most of them have only a few LED's in them, and they're relatively dim because of it. But if you look at the revolution that's taken place in stage lighting over the past 5 years, you know that the home market is seriously lagging in quality, design, and cost. I've been wanting to make the switch to LED in the house, but it seems like the most affordable way to go might be to wire up the house with some truss and hang LED Pars. (which I may still do)

HOUSE PARTY!!