RC: STRANGECREEK CAMPOUT

• Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

#1151 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

we think the "only one dee allowed at camp at any time" rule of the universe was dispelled this weekend by the appearance of 3 dee's at once :lol: i actually HUNG OUT with dee2.0 for the first time :eek: :funny1: i loved the other dee, as well, she was an awesome lady and a good dee :clapping: (see, smiles and gingechilla are such ninja's that even their friends are awesome! :pimp: ) woke up clean, only a little sore and wishing i didnt have two more works till mtn jam :bliss: (i just cant get enough sometimes :blush: )

Double Dees are nice, but triple Dees? WOW.

#1152 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I really loved Strangecreek, would love to go every year...is it always on Memorial Day weekend?

#1153 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I really loved Strangecreek, would love to go every year...is it always on Memorial Day weekend?

yup, just before the camp opens :)

wasnt there for very long but had a blast!

#1154 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

yup, just before the camp opens :) wasnt there for very long but had a blast!

I was afraid of that :sad: that's a tough time to get folks to come up for a visit...loved it though, loved the people, the music, a much different vibe than Wormtown (not that Wormtown is bad...just different).

I have got to remember to get a cart or wagon for this and Wormtown :picardfp: I do this all the time!

thank you for the info :smile:

#1155 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

What a blast! Youse guys rock.

#1156 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted pics in the Hideycamp thread :)

#1157 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Okay, here's my strange creek experience:

So we rolled into the site around 5:30 PM on Thursday... had some sunshowers coming down at that point... got wristbands and found a spot pretty close to all the action... we had on and off rain as we were trying to set up the campsite and eventually we just left everything till Friday to finish up. I was cold so I got in bed and covered up... but there was no sleep for the night for some reason... probably the drum circle that was going all night 50 feet away... I was kind of hoping that someone would set them on fire and piss them out :lol:

on to Friday, got up early and we fixed up the campsite... made some food and some coffee... then went up to hidey to say hello to everybody... caught a little bit of music on Friday, don't remember everything I did but got in bed pretty late and only got a few more hours of sleep...

Saturday was the day that I was looking forward to the most, and it did not disappoint me, I caught pretty much everything on the main stage on Saturday afternoon. I have to say I was very impressed by the McLovins, it was the first time I had seen the new lineup and I thought it sounded great. That was followed up by Juggling Suns who put on a solid performance, then Marco Benevento, Kung Fu, Toubab Krewe, NRPS and Max Creek all did their thing and made it a great afternoon of music. I did not see music at any of the other stages, but I think I found some relatively easy routes to get through for the next time around.

Sunday was kind of a weird day for me, I got a great nights sleep on Saturday then got up at a reasonable time Sunday morning. After that though the last few days caught up with me and by about 6 o'clock I was ready for a nap. So I got in bed around 630, and my friends also laid down in their tent. I figured I would rest for an hour but the next thing I know I'm opening my eyes and it's dark out, and strangefolk is already on their 2nd set. On top of that we couldn't find my friends anywhere. So a few helpful neighbors got together and helped me get out of bed around 11. After going around for a few hours and catching some late-night music, I ended up going back to the campsite and lo and behold my friends had just been asleep in the tent the entire time, but they were so sound asleep they didn't hear any of the activity of getting me up or the two attempts we made to wake them up in case they were in the tent. It was pretty damn funny :funny1:

But it was all good, since I was already up I headed to the cabins again and saw Jimkata and most of Zach Deputy's set but I had to head outside towards the end because it was very hot in there. So I went over by the bonfire and hung out until the sun rose :gregoir:

All in all it was an incredible experience, I could not have done it without my friends Ryan and his girlfriend Robinane, they were incredibly helpful and are very cool and down to earth folks. It was so good to see everyone, I spent a lot of time seeing music so I wasn't able to hang out as much as I would've liked, but I had a great time and that is a very special place. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at the vibes!

:jump:

#1158 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Smiles. (I think it was you) rockinest grilled cheese I've ever eaten. And there's a gentle kindness about you we could all do well to emulate.

I'll emulate ur effin face for that remArk. :oldtimer:

seriously though you're welcome for the hot cheese. I hope next time we talk about chickens. i meant to bring up chickens

#1159 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

next time i go to SC im leaving my body in the car....it was so unnecessary lugging that thing around all day

#1160 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

next time i go to SC im leaving my body in the car....it was so unnecessary lugging that thing around all day

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#1161 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

i made it through the entire sc with no sunburn and no hip pain....we just went fishing today and fixed that whole situation :truce:

#1162 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Wait, you had your body there??

#1163 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Wait, you had your body there??

it was my first sc...i didnt know :lol:

#1164 KALE

KALE
  • VibeTribe
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

RC = Roll Call. OK. I was there. Skipped this thread earlier.
What a great weekend. Met a few more of you boardies!

#1165 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

Posted this in a schmoopier thread, but it should go here too, I think...

#1166 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

RC = Roll Call. OK. I was there. Skipped this thread earlier. What a great weekend. Met a few more of you boardies!

hey neighbor!! good to see ya round these parts :)
it was great hangin with ya all weekend

#1167 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Cool reviews Jwheels! I got a few pictures of you and oddly enough I was too lazy to crawl/stagger over to you to ask permission to post them on my youtube slide show. None the less if want them PM me.

Everyone else was fair game....either I met you before (oddly enough nobody from this board I think) or you were in a public space and posed/got in front of my camera....

#1168 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

You can all go fuck yourselves :heart:

That's it I forgot the fuckin smiley when I said it in that manner.

#1169 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Random poll, how many people took a bath in the creek or found another way to stay clean? Just saying....nobody really smelled but not so many people joined me for a nice refreshing bath. I'm not one for being clean but 5 days going 18-20 hours a day....yup some cleaning is in order.

#1170 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Showered (cold) a couple of times in the bathrooms...

#1171 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ok, I'm sure I'm going to leave someone out. I apologize, and I love every single one of you. So much magic, and so much love in those woods. After the first one, in no particular order: First and foremost, china cat. Dear friend. Sweet, kind, keeper of my heart. Teacher. Inspiration. Fox. The moments we shared (you know the ones) were unlike any others I've had in my not so short, not so dull trip through life. I look forward to having them again next year. Yup. I said that. In front of all of these people. So, you know, stick around and don't make me look like a dumbass. :funny1: I love you deeply, and with abandon

Thank you, Tim. Once again, your loving kindness humbles me. There were so many moments--I know each of which you speak. Thank you for making it one of the best weekends of my life.

Sharing many thanks to family members who contributed to the joy:

J-Lee: It was so nice to meet you. You have a peaceful vibe and a kind spirit. And, I can't thank you enough, You know why.

JP and Karen: What a gift it was to all of us to have you drive all that way. You positive energy, good-heartedness, and sillies kept us all in good spirits. Thank you. AND I got to fondle Karen's boobs! :funny1:

Royal: I will always take care of you! I love your sweet heart, and, your nipple shirt :funny1:

Kristen: thank you for not thrashing us with a tire iron.

Aug/Nikki: did you get the orange cheese out of your clothes? I wish we spent more time together though I loved our conversation Sunday morning. Aug, you freakin crack me up - your ability to fire the one-liners is laudable. And, Nik, couldn't be more happy you got the job! Can't wait to camp with you at Vibes

BHB: nice to see you again. A several year hiatus is enough. Welcome back home

Depends: what a hug! It was so nice to see you, wish you could have stayed longer but I appreciate the time we shared (and the burrito!) p.s. Max Creek wasn't that bad :funny1:

Ladygingechilla: sweet demeanor and welcoming smiles, thanks for your presence

Smiles: generous spirit, cooking up sandwiches for all. yummy, yummy, sandwiches. :)

Thug and Jason: glad Tim and I could take some of the heat off of you :lol: Thuggie, thanks for the great hugs. Jason, your light is so bright - your positivity shines and infects everyone around you. Thank you for being you. The world is a better place because you're in it.

Jwheelz! You rock! It was so nice to meet you and hang with you on the field.

Musicmomma and Mike: congrats on the new addition. Nice to see you both and I'm sure we'll be seein ya at Esker point :)

Wit!!! only love, sister. Thanks for the bucket (I think? :lol:)

Slave: you hilarious wench. your creepy stare is forever etched in my mind. not tantric, just creepy. And the glasses! OMFG :rofl:

phishfolk: sketchy fuck. I love you

gregoir: every time I saw you, you were pretty quiet, so I give your heady as fuck status to Augie.

Gary: I'll have to stay sober more often so as to appreciate the cuteness of your drunkenness. Friday night was a joy to see, you were bouncing.

MamaKel/Frank: I love you both. It always bring a smile to my heart to make a trip over to family camp. You have such a beautiful family. Frank, super sweet to work on all those hoops. hugs to you both

Seany: always good to see you. Thanks for the assist Sunday night. And yeah, I'll admit it here, you're a good person. Just don't get used to compliments from me :lol:

Sugar Mags/Ben: you are still the cutest young couple of the family. You both make me smile. And, um, congrats on the 4.0 sista! Don't downplay your success.

Tyedyedee: so glad you were able to make it. Congrats on the job. You seem to be in a really good place, I wish you much happiness.

Condor: if I ate bacon, you'd be my new best friend. It was nice to see you and, again, thank you for what you've been doing. I admire you greatly (and Brody) for standing up and speaking out

Dee, Erin, Nate/Carrie, DHS, Jess, Renee, wish we got to spend more time together, though passing hellos and smiles made my spirit happy

Jbetty: passing gag reflexes made my spirit happy :)

Butch/lisa: always holding the fort down: and butch, thanks for the hug and kind words. It's all good, promise.

Steve/Terry: another of the cutest couples I know. So inspired by how you lift one another up. I pray that the love that Tim and I share sustains as long and as beautifully as yours does. Steve, I hope the health issues resolve soon.

#1172 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Showered (cold) a couple of times in the bathrooms...

were you sneakin girls in there with you :funny1:

the river was a refreshing wash as well

#1173 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

were you sneakin girls in there with you :funny1:

Just the one. :heart:

#1174 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

RC = Roll Call. OK. I was there. Skipped this thread earlier. What a great weekend. Met a few more of you boardies!

Hi Kale! :giggle: Thanks for being a great neighbor all weekend! It was nice to meet ya!

I feel like I hardly saw you. glad our tents will be closer together at Vibes

Yea, I was pretty scarce most of the weekend. Not intentionally, but I know I was pretty low key. (which is super rare for me!)

I have to give a GIGANTIC thank you to TEO, because we would not have been there without her. BHB, for bringing me beer (and showing up), All the folks who hooked me up with some beer before he got there, And China Cat for the cheeseball necklaces she made us!
I was so happy I was camped next to Royal... Haven't been camped next to him at a festival in a long time, and I'm glad I got so much QT with him.

Friday was awesome, but took a turn for the worse when I got a really bad stomach ache and an anxiety attack from the fact that I got the job I want. :jump: I went down for a nap, hoping I would wake up feeling better...which failed. Grrr. I did wake up and Attempt to make myself feel better by heating up food, but I realized I was wicked cranky, and when I yacked up the bowl of meatballs 3 minutes after I ate them, I opted to take my cranky ass to bed and call it a night. My brain switched into responsibility mode when I started thinking about the new job, and it took my urge to party right outta me! I lost the funny and in no way was going to bring that energy into Hidey camp!
The good thing about waking up for a festival at 3 am is that you get there early and get a good spot.. The bad thing is that I get tired when the sun goes down.

The rest of the weekend, I was off schedule with everyone...(wait.. did I just say "schedule"? lol. I tried to lift my ass out of the funk...but I still wasn't my usual self (although much better). It wasn't until Sunday morning, did I wake up to a new universe, and my smile came back. (but I was a little late to the party... lol) I wasnt even in the mood to go watch Ryan, and ended up crashing out early just so I could get some cuddles in with Aug. <3

So much more love I have to share. I figure I will just pop things in when I think of them....need more coffee. :)

#1175 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

i made it through the entire sc with no sunburn and no hip pain....we just went fishing today and fixed that whole situation :truce:

omg.. This sunburn hurts sooo bad... lol. I just heard it was 90 yesterday! I hope your hip doesnt hurt when u wake up. I was happy to see that you weren't in pain all weekend... <3

#1176 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

. I love you gregoir: every time I saw you, you were pretty quiet, so I give your heady as fuck status to Augie. .

:lol:!!

#1177 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

were you sneakin girls in there with you :funny1: the river was a refreshing wash as well

Just the one. :heart:

NICE!!!! :jam:

#1178 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Aug/Nikki: did you get the orange cheese out of your clothes? I wish we spent more time together though I loved our conversation Sunday morning. Aug, you freakin crack me up - your ability to fire the one-liners is laudable. And, Nik, couldn't be more happy you got the job! Can't wait to camp with you at Vibes

Thanks love!
Kris, Seriously, the thought you put behind those necklaces means more then Anything. I can only imagine the time it took to string them, and all the cheeseball dust you got on your fingers! lol. I'm sorry I just couldn't wear it for more then a minute, but thats all it took to have the cheeseball flakes start itching the crap outta me, and get all over the place!. :lol:

#1179 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

On Sunday, I saw people trying to eat off the cheeseball string hanging at the entrance to Hidey Camp. :lol:

#1180 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

On Sunday, I saw people trying to eat off the cheeseball string hanging at the entrance to Hidey Camp. :lol:

lol. I heard the cheeseballs were laced with sparkly liquid, so I was scared to try eating them. I just didn't trust that sketchy CC. :coffee: lol.

Im glad we got to sit together for a bit on Sunday, Jen. It was nice getting some face time, and Dee also. :)

#1181 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yes it was, Nikki. My buddy Bethany enjoyed chatting with you, too. :smile:
But I never did see Augie. :dunno:

#1182 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I just didn't trust that sketchy CC. :coffee:

Once again, you're a very wise lady, Nikki.

One Memorial Day weekend, you're all like, "Hi, nice to meet you (wow, she's really pretty)."

Then the next one, you're all like, "Of course I'll start a petting zoo with you."

She's insidious. :funny1:

#1183 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,883 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi Eco :grin:

#1184 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yes it was, Nikki. My buddy Bethany enjoyed chatting with you, too. :smile: But I never did see Augie. :dunno:

He was either holding down the fort at Camp Body Count, or gaffing kids in the crick.

#1185 rubysands

rubysands
  • VibeTribe
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Good to see all of you! Glad I did not come across any laced cheeseballs. see you at the Vibes!

#1186 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

okay so I thought I had figured this out over the weekend, but I think the path I found to a stage in the woods was to River Worm, so I'm still not sure where the hell Vernville is :lol:

I think it's over that wooden bridge... which I never attempted to cross, it's definitely a two-person job to help me over that thing, but is that where it is?

#1187 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

River Worm stage is over the bridge. You can get to Vernville more directly. The best route for you would be from the path that is behind the swimming pool - just up along the wood line road by the camp fire going towards the main stage. Ask one of us at/before Wormtown and we'll surely find you the best path to get there :)

Verneville is somewhere in between River Stage and Hidey Camp in the grand scheme of things ;)

#1188 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

Yeah river worm stage is through the woods over that bridge. I'm thinking there is a better path to take than the bridge, not as quick but more navigable.

Vernville is on the other side of the park. On the edge of the woods against the second parking lot. You could go down the road hidey camp is on, take a right at the very end traipse through black lit dub-kid land, getting there eventually.

#1189 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

The bridge path this year would of been better for river worm, the long ass way in had some rough spot that were filled in with way too much sand....hard on anything with wheels. The river worm stage and Vernville are actually pretty close if you know the short cut and can climb a steep hill. Pass River Worm (coming from the bridge), go until the path forks, continue 50 yards turn left, cross the river bed, say a pray and climb the mountain and you are there. However, the path behind family camp is a much more direct route.

#1190 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,292 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

when the going gets rough, it's only the size of your heart that counts.

#1191 KALE

KALE
  • VibeTribe
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

hey neighbor!! good to see ya round these parts :) it was great hangin with ya all weekend

Hey Capt Morgan, It was a good weekend. Glad you were in our camp. Loved you, Nikki and Royal. See you at Vibes.

#1192 KALE

KALE
  • VibeTribe
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Nikki, Nice to meet you too. Great weekend. Many shows to come. See you at Vibes. If that new job lets you go.

Hi Kale! :giggle: Thanks for being a great neighbor all weekend! It was nice to meet ya!

#1193 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hey cascade2! I think I know you from somewhere! ;)

StrangeCreek: Can we go back yet?

#1194 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

SOON! :bouncey:

cascade2 i definitely recognize your smiley face from camp and shared lots of hellos in passing. good to see you here!

#1195 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

i always enjoy the company of people who know more about max creek than i do :jump:

#1196 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

i know that one song...what was the name again? it's right on the tip of my tongue...

#1197 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

blood red douchrags....

#1198 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:48 AM