• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Never to early to get the kid to work!! :lol:

Any advice? Am I am a bad parent? I know everyone think's their kid is cute enough, but I actually think my kid might be cute enough

#2 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Is this part of the financing plan for your tour guide operation?

:funny1:

#3 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

You are a wise fellow, but the Child Modeling industry is *rife* with outfits that are really less about getting your child a gig and more about nailing you for "photo packages" and shit like that.

Ask for examples of their successes, and about any fees or whater. Beware of "You're Child Has Been Picked!!" lead ins.

http://www.ftc.gov/b...ucts/pro23.shtm

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

None of my business, especially since I don't have kids of my own, but I would be careful if you're going down this route to make it very, very, very clear to your child that our value doesn't come from our physical appearance...

#5 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

This is the agency:

http://www.thephoenixagencynm.com/

I asked about costs.. they're not requiring headshots for this meeting, nor do they see any money unless we do. They work off commission

#6 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,150 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Wish my folks did this for my brother...prolly the cutest 3 yr old eva...

Cuz the I may have been able to get a job as an ugly kid...sidekick

Go for it!

#7 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

my first google hit was this:

it's know around town that the Phoenix Agency is a scam. First, they accept anyone who will pay the steep fees for horribly chessy photographs and to be on the website. The owner will lie and say you will get so much work. The truth is only a few do. The ones who are her favorites get the work while the rest of the "talent" board is ignored and or placed as extras in movies. She sends people to auditions WITHOUT any prior acting lessons, which is a no no. As far as getting work as extras, it's easy go to nmfilm.com to find it for free.
Here's a small hint: Many of the workers write the reviews.....

#8 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

eeek the second review:
I hope everybody gets a chance to read this:

The Phoenix Agency, owner Janice Lujan charges OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money for photos, website access, and anything else she can get her hands on!

She is in violation on almost EVERY rule and regulation of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). She is NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE FOR WEBSITE OR PHOTOS!!

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to believe her lies when I allowed my son to join her agency. I paid $500 for photos, $150 for access to her tacky website. There is not a single LEGITIMATE agency in this country that makes you pay for all of these things. Not only did we never make money, we never even got any auditions!!! THE PHOENIX AGENCY IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!! She doesnt answer calls, she doesnt respond to emails, nothing. She makes her poor receptionist responsible for everything. Its a shame because shes a sweet girl.

I encourage EVERYONE to do serious research on any talent agency before selecting one. Let the reviews speak for themselves: Do you notice that EVERY review was written within DAYS of one another? They say the same things! LIES! And all they do is PRAISE the things that cost money...

Coincidence? NO. Contact the Screen Actors Guild, The Santa Fe A&M Agency, The "O" Agency--ALL of which will tell you that this is illegal and to BEWARE OF JANICE LUJAN. You'd be better off with a rip-off agency like "John Robert Powers".

#9 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

and from the 'ripoffreport'
http://www.ripoffrep...-luja-bb25d.htm

#10 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Glad you did the research, Jackie. I think my kids are gorgeous but then again so does every parent.

I would never subject them to this line of work. It just seems wrong to me. That doesn't make you a bad parent Heady, but seriously think this over before you do anything.

#11 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

a lot of the sites that gave bad reviews had links to other agencies they believed were legit. that might be helpful :0

#12 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

wow thanks Jackie. I met Janice and I didn't trust her at all

She told me I need to pay for composite cards (I can do the photos myself) and have them printed (by their guy) at $1.55 each. 30 to her, I keep 20 (50 min.)

I figure for $60 or so, it's worth a shot. Maybe I should make the composite cards myself and take them elsewhere. Thank you for looking that up!!!!