• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

:smile:It is physically impossible to be pissy and grateful at the same time. Time for me to sit down and make a gratitude list.:sad:

#2 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

something my sponsor had me write down and keep in my back pocket.

#3 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

hard to be pissy when the promises are coming true:wink:

#4 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,660 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

I might not be at the stage where I'm supposed to give gratitude yet. However, I am very grateful that I never got a dwi or killed somebody while driving drunk. Now that I'm sober it's like a big weight has been lifted from me.

I'm also grateful for my friend Cody (deadphan) who is also sober now.

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I might not be at the stage where I'm supposed to give gratitude yet. However, I am very grateful that I never got a dwi or killed somebody while driving drunk. Now that I'm sober it's like a big weight has been lifted from me.

I'm also grateful for my friend Cody (deadphan) who is also sober now.

why? you make a habit of driving drunk?

#6 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

noone "gives" gratitude. it is a reflection of ones Attitude.

#7 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,660 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

We
Have all made mistakes rool

#8 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

no shit? do tell..

:coffee:

#9 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

noone "gives" gratitude. it is a reflection of ones Attitude.

semantics dood. It could easily be said the other way around too. Your attitude can be directly reflective of the amount of gratitude you have.

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,660 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

no shit? do tell..

:coffee:

Your mistake list is a lot longer than mine. I've never been tossed from a bar or sent to jail.

#11 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

semantics dood. It could easily be said the other way around too. Your attitude can be directly reflective of the amount of gratitude you have.

This. In my experience, the more I focus on what I have to be grateful for, the better my attitude is overall.

#12 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Your mistake list is a lot longer than mine. I've never been tossed from a bar or sent to jail.

no WAY!! really!? what a boring life you must have.

i for one am grateful these things have happened to me. being tossed in jail is not a mistake. it is the action that got me here that is the mistake. being tossed from a bar for slapping someone upside there head is no mistake when said slapped one is disrespecting someone you care about.

Besides a mistake implies that i didnt mean to do it. the majority of the time i meant to do what i did. therefore they werent mistakes.

#13 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I was feeling pretty short on gratitude last week, but my attitude turned around over the weekend.

#14 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Ryan may i suggest reading the ninth step promises. There is one in perticular in there that relates to this very discussion.

#15 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

I was feeling pretty short on gratitude last week, but my attitude turned around over the weekend.

Wow! dude!! Sat i was kinda self pity and shitty. A little RIDdled you may say (restless ,irritable ,and Discontent) so i went to an eleventh step meditation group. I was very surprised to hear all the BMW's with their shoelace problems. after the sixth bmw everything i had to be grateful about just flooded into me! IT WAS AWESOME!!