My Photos

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#101 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Amazing. I've been lazy, I need you to come motivate me! I just got Creative Suite 4 Design Premium, so that should help!

#102 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

I really dig this one. (along with all the rest of course)

#103 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:01 AM

Amazing. I've been lazy, I need you to come motivate me! I just got Creative Suite 4 Design Premium, so that should help!

pfft you lazy? You probably cut down 6 trees this week alone ;)
Thanks Ed, that one took more than a few hours to conceive and finish.

#104 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

So Create-a-Vibe was kind enough to allow us to shoot moe. at Vasa Park.
It was a lovely day, with plenty of sunshine and of course lots of good friends. Nothing better than hanging out side stage with the whole Mexicali crew, just talking about everything while watching a good show :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/3695748475_720813ba5e.jpg
Ryan sitting in on a lovely "The Harder They Come"
Posted Image
You ask and you shall receive.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

wow Al should have kept his shades on. He looks rough.

#106 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

wow Al should have kept his shades on. He looks rough.

I don't completely disagree with that statement :wink:
So back on page 2 of this thread, I posted a few shots of Chloe just a few weeks after she was born.
Posted Image
Well this past week on the way up to New Hampshire for the 4th of July weekend, I had a second opportunity to stop in Connecticut for a few hours and photograph her again.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
She was fun to work with. Got to see her happy, annoyed, sleeping, happy again, really a full range of emotions :)
btw if anyone is interested, I'm trying to push more into children's photography, so if you're in the NYC area (or nearby) perhaps we can work something out :)

#107 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

in a few odds and ends, the Disco Biscuits and Lotus both asked to use my shots in conjunction with their livedownload series
http://www.livedownl...ic-City-NJ.html
http://www.livedownl...ic-City-NJ.html
(the 2nd image both times)
the full set of shots have also been posted to thewaster.com
http://www.thewaster...its/062409.html
Also Carla wrote up a lovely review of the moe. show from Vasa Park on Sunday
http://www.glidemaga...-moe-vasa-park/
and lastly I was just playing around with some photographs I took of Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and came up with this guy.
Posted Image
its a 6 shot HDR with a bit of lens blur thrown in, probably the only few hours we were up there, where the weather was good enough to grab some outdoor shots.

#108 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

haha all my girlfriends are going crazy over the pics of chloe! there is now an email fight over who gets to hold her first this weekend!

#109 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

Alright just finished up a good amount of shots from Camp Bisco.
We definitely had a good time and heard a ton of good music. I think however the mud got us down a bit and I definitely got worn out by the end. Just wrote this on the main board but I'd have to say a personal highlight was talking to Dr. Dog and K'naan. Carla struck up a conversation with one of the guys from Dr. Dog as we were waiting at the gates, apparently they were having problems getting clearance to bring their dog in :lol:
Then later after the Dr. Dog set, K'naan came over to talk to them and give them a few cds and I was able to get them to pose for a shot.
Posted Image
K'naan is from Somalia and raps about it in a few of his songs. I have a friend who was involved with the U.S. Forces sent there to try and deal with the warlords so I asked K'naan for his view on it and we talked for a little bit about it...
Clay Parnell (with Brothers Past and BioDiesel)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
K'naan
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dr. Dog
Posted Image
Posted Image
Younger Brother
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nas and Damien Marley
Posted Image
The Disco Biscuits
Posted Image
Jon Gutwillig in the rain
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and the ladies of Camp Bisco
Posted Image
http://farm4.static...._5874283474.jpg
http://farm4.static...._2803818d58.jpg
and one that's not safe for work, if you click on the link, I'm sure you'll figure out which one it is

hopefully I'll get a few more done when I get a break after Vibes. :)

#110 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

Lets see so I got my first photo pass for the vibes this year and took over 1200 shots and will probably be going through these for quite awhile. Festivals can be a bit exhausting as you spend most of your time on the go trying to run from stage to stage and catch the first three songs of each act, while keeping an eye out for good crowd shots and bikini hula hooping girls ;)
Anyways it was a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of good music close up, including Crosby, Stills, and Nash, that I never would have otherwise. Hope you enjoy the shots.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://farm3.static...._d0fd6fb129.jpg
Carla wrote up a review for each day for Hidden Track
http://www.glidemaga...vibes-day-four/
http://www.glidemaga...ibes-day-three/
http://www.glidemaga...-vibes-day-two/
and here's a link to a few more shots

#111 Cubensi

Cubensi
  • VibeTribe
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Great band shots Jeremy, very professional. I'd love to see oogles more of the crowd from your perspective. I'm always more interested in crowd shots, seeing the people and what they are up to, dancing, mudding, glowsticking, smiling, smiling, smiling, and so on.

Maybe you'd like turn your mad photog skills around and capture the crowd, the energy more often in the future, as well as the bands.

a thought.

#112 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

I really dig your portraits man.

#113 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,395 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

Great stuff Jeremy. Always look forward to your band shots :)

#114 Moose

Moose
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

I told you in person. I'll tell you again.
NEVER STOP MAKING AWESOME ART!
Jeremy these frames are so damned inspiring.
Your work is ALWAYS amazing.
Thanks once again for being a constant inspiration in the chase to raise the bar.

#115 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

Great band shots Jeremy, very professional. I'd love to see oogles more of the crowd from your perspective. I'm always more interested in crowd shots, seeing the people and what they are up to, dancing, mudding, glowsticking, smiling, smiling, smiling, and so on.

Maybe you'd like turn your mad photog skills around and capture the crowd, the energy more often in the future, as well as the bands.

a thought.

actually this year at Vibes, I easily took more individual shots of attendees than I had at Camp Bisco or Mountain Jam. But you're right I need more of the screaming crowd shots from the first row. Sometimes its a bit tough, when you're limited to shooting three songs in the pit.
anyway thanks for looking :)

#116 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Some shots from Phish at Hartford.
The rules have been changed a little for shooting Phish, before it was three songs, now its three songs or 15 minutes, so it makes it all tighter. On the other hand, Hartford had a generous pit and the band was much closer than at Jones Beach which was great. We also had seats about 15th row center, which helped for getting a few shots from the crowd. Again we were told not to take any shots of concertgoers which was a bit of a bummer and my framing and focusing was off on a ton of shots (I may have taken around 500 total), but still all and all I'm generally happy with how these came out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Hidden Track write up here
http://www.glidemaga...wn-in-hartford/

#117 ~FaeriePhish~

~FaeriePhish~
  • VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

So Create-a-Vibe was kind enough to allow us to shoot moe. at Vasa Park.
It was a lovely day, with plenty of sunshine and of course lots of good friends. Nothing better than hanging out side stage with the whole Mexicali crew, just talking about everything while watching a good show :)

those creat-a-vibers/Mexicali folks are good good peoples! :wink: Love your pictures, of course.... can't wait to really look through this thread.

always awesome.... somehow, no matter what the lighting/setting, your pictures have this CRISPNESS. Really makes them all pop~

#118 jen

jen
  • VibeTribe
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Talented, you are sir ;)

#119 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

thanks guys, hopefully I'll have some new stuff coming up soon.
(and hopefully we'll see you soon, Patty :) )
a funny thing, I posted this shot to facebook
Posted Image
and Reid and his wife loved it so much that I sent it to him along with this shot
Posted Image
that took place after he got pulled off stage (the first time)
I also got this one of Buddy that I just finished up, that makes me laugh.
Posted Image

#120 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

a couple odds and ends, I figured I'd post.
The Macpodz from last Saturday at Sullivan Hall
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dinner from the other night.
(Carla wrote up the evening's events here http://carlastastytr...y-not-last.html )
Posted Image
Posted Image
and our last softball game of the year :(
We tied the series up with a 4-3 earlier in the day. Then going into the last inning with a 3-1 lead, the defense fell apart, along with a few big hits, and a reversed call by the umpire, we lost 4-3 on the Great Lawn at Central Park
Posted Image
Posted Image

#121 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

Lets see saw a couple of shows the past few days.
First off, I got to see Buzzuniverse at Brooklyn Bowl for the first time. A lovely place and a pretty cool venue. Its basically one large room divided in half with bowling on one side and a music venue on the other with large screens all around. Also everything is finished in rough dark wood and the couches are all black (p)leather giving it a very nice feel.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I also had the opportunity to see the Chris Berry Trio w/ Kimock and Kang at Mexicali on Saturday night. Nice size crowd and really nice music moving from African/Caribbean to a bit of techno (from another Kang project, Panjea?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
After the show I was able to get a photograph signed by Steve Kimock, from a show he played with Mickey Hart at Irving Plaza last year.
I also gave him a copy of this shot
Posted Image
which he loved.
The funny thing is I just posted it to facebook and George Porter is loving it, too!
http://www.facebook....omments=&alert=
Also looks like I'll be shooting at Mercury Lounge on Saturday to see Lotus so that should be lots of fun and lastly if anyone is interested, I've entered a couple of my photos in a contest with Billboard Magazine and I'd be grateful if anyone could spare a moment and vote for one of my shots.
http://www.billboard...h=photographer#

#122 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

great shots as always
I just voted for you as well

#123 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

great shots as always
I just voted for you as well

Thanks Josh. It was good seeing you and Micki the other night, too :)

#124 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

Lotus kicked off their latest tour at the Mercury Lounge this past weekend. We went on Saturday night to the sold out venue and had a great time, even if we did have to take a break by the bar and cool off once or twice.

I stayed with the prime lenses for most of the evening but was able to go to the Tokina 11-16 2.8 once or twice, including the first shot below, the band had some great strobes going, too and that really helped to make the shot.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Next up Phoenix this Friday night at a sold out Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. and then Brothers Past on Saturday night at the Bowery.

#125 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Sweet pics. That feather in Chucks hat was amusing.

#126 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Sweet pics. That feather in Chucks hat was amusing.

Yeah he was definitely showing it off to the crowd. :)
Good meeting you, sorry it was only for a second, we were a bit hot and needed some fresh air.

#127 Moose

Moose
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

I love the wide angle distortion on that tokina.
I'd never really though of using a superwide for live acts.
Great idea man.
Thanks for constantly raising the bar. Thanks for keeping my perspective fresh.
Lovin' the latest work man. You truly are a master at this.
Thanks for being a wellspring of inspiration.

#128 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

I love the wide angle distortion on that tokina.
I'd never really though of using a superwide for live acts.
Great idea man.

Well I saw a shot like this one and really wanted to use it.
Posted Image
a few other people use the Nikon 10.5 fisheye lens (Dave Vann for one, this guy for another)
http://www.flickr.co...pool-738505@N23
but that one is a bit more expensive and you're pretty much stuck with the same shot again and again, not that it can't be spectacular, but with either lens you have to get really, really close up, otherwise you're subject is going to be super tiny.

The other thing is, its a 2.8 lens, so places like say Mexicali, or Sullivan Hall, or Mercury Lounge, which have a ncie tight stage that you can get right up on top of, don't always have the brightest lights and when they do, they use them more as accents and you've got to be lucky, so I'll bring the Tokina, but it does sit in the bag a ton.
But that's almost exactly what happened on Saturday night :)

#129 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

So a couple of shots from Phoenix and Passion Pit from Central Park.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
both sets were excellent and I just found out Passion Pit is about to do the Letterman Show. Shooting Phoenix was a bit tough however, three songs and the first one was entirely back lit, plus the guys on stage were highly animated which was great to watch, but hard to focus on.

#130 jemita

jemita
  • VibeTribe
  • 432 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

this is sick jeremy! sick!!! reminds me of the lost in space movie...
Posted Image

#131 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,287 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

Great work Jeremy!! :thumbup:

#132 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks guys :)
That image definitely worked out well and we worked out an agreement for them to use it with their livedownload series
http://www.livedownl...ew-York-NY.html
in a side note, I'm sure a few of you have noticed that jambands.com has redone their website. They've also accepted a few of my recent photos, including ones of Buzzuniverse, the Macpodz, Steve Kimock, and an older Moonalice one.
http://www.jambands.com/in-the-moment/
also in the advertisement for Lo-Life (the Brothers Past aftershow) they used one of my images of Clay Parnell from Camp Bisco.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#133 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

I had an interesting time last last Wednesday. Started off at at a Relix party to celebrate the release of their October issue. Free PBR Tallboys and an acoustic set by Charlie Mars and attended by his girlfriend Mary-Louise Parker whom I must have walked by half a dozen times and only noticed her little daughter and not her :rolleyes:
From there I ran over to Brooklyn Bowl to catch the Govt. Mule cd release party. The place was maybe 3/4 full so there was plenty of places to move around and get some good shots. Plus the lights were really bright for most of the show and so I was able to switch back and forth from the primes to the zooms.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Hidden Track has a quick review up from the evening as well
http://www.glidemaga...-brooklyn-bowl/
Looks like I'm gonna focus on studying for my LEEDS Exam (Green Architecture) the next two weeks. So probably not much shooting for a little bit.

#134 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

So back to Brooklyn Bowl on Sunday for the Disco Biscuits
The show started a bit later than we hoped for, plus there was a "rumor" the 600 person venue had sold around 800 tickets, due to a mistake, so the place was packed to the gills. Definitely a solid first set, but I think more than a few people ran out of gas by the end of the night. Shooting wise, probably not my best effort, but here goes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
In the funny things department. The owner of Brooklyn Bowl, Peter Shapiro was standing next to me at one point yelling at Marc Brownstein for his attention. Marc, then walked over and mugged for his camera and I took one, too. Long story short, I send it to my friend, who sends it to Pete, who sends it to Brownie and now its his avatar on facebook.
Posted Image
(you can see Pete's arm in the bottom left)

#135 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

So Saturday night was a wee bit busy in NYC. I was asked at the last minute to help out a reviewer with a shoot from RRE and YMSB at the Nokia in Times Square. But of course the list is closed and so I had to be put on as a +1, which would have been fine, but the reviewer was late getting there and of course, there was no +1 errrr. So I snagged a few shots from the crowd of RRE, walked around and talekd to a few people and then waited for YMSB. Luckily the lighting was great for them and there was only 2 other people in the pit, making it easy to move around. These are all shot at 1600iso and 1/250 2.8. In retrospect, I probably could have undershot them a bit more and gotten more detail but oh well.
Railroad Earth
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Yonder Mountain String Band
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
then after the first set it was off to U-Melt at Sullivan Hall. Which was fun and I'll have some shots from that soon. Unfortunately I missed the 2nd set sit-ins, but oh well that happens.
Also during the evening of highs (some good shots) and lows (super frustration of waiting outside for 45 mins and not having a ticket waiting)
I got a fantastic email from the editor of Relix. So fingers crossed :v: and we'll see where that leads....

#136 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

wanted to put up those shots of U-Melt from Sullivan Hall from the other night.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also got a studio image of George Miller, I've been working off and on with for a bit. Hopefully it goes over well. It was shot in my living room with a few lights and the background was added in post-production.
Posted Image

#137 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

So I passed the exam and am now a LEED Associate, New York State Registered Architect.
I figured I'd throw a few odds and ends up here, since I haven't shot too much lately (as studying took up a good chunk of time)
First we've got Lotus reusing one of the shots from the Mercury Lounge show for an advertisement with the Livedownloads
Posted Image
Posted Image
Buzzuniverse has just redone their website and I'm delighted to say is using a bunch of shots I took during their Brooklyn Bowl show.
http://www.buzzunive...te2010/band.php
Posted Image
Staying with the Brooklyn Bowl, TheWaster.com is running a few of my shots along with an article on the Bustle in Your Hedgerow show from a couple weeks back
http://www.thewaster...009/102009.html
Posted Image
Hidden Track ran an article on the U-Melt, Police - Synchronicity set at Wormtown Festival and used a shot of mine from Jazzfest from a couple years back.
http://www.glidemaga...re-albums-live/
Posted Image
They also did an interview with Joel Cummins promoting Jam Cruise and used a shot of mine from the Blender Theater at Gramercy
http://www.glidemaga...s-joel-cummins/
Posted Image
and Jambands.com ran an article on P-Groove covering John Hughes songs on Halloween
http://www.jambands....en-variety-show
Posted Image
and a story on The New Mastersounds upcoming tour and new cd Ten Years On
http://www.jambands....ds-ten-years-on
Posted Image
I've also got Blues Traveler coming up at Irving Plaza on Wednesday, so look for those shots later in the week.
and I had a very interesting conversation with Clay Parnell on using a few of my images, so fingers crossed hopefully that works out :)

#138 Dolla Jill

Dolla Jill
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

well done!!!

#139 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

well done!!!

Thanks Jill :)
So on Wednesday I had the opportunity to shoot Blues Traveler at Irving Plaza. Honestly it was my first time seeing them since they opened for the Rolling Stones on the Bridges to Babylon Tour. Decent show and a nice crowd (especially considering Game 6 of the World Series going on)
For highlights they played Sublime's, "What I've Got", Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me" and their own Hook, The Mountains Win Again, But Anyway, and of course Run-Around.
The lighting on the band was excellent, although there was always more on John Popper, so I had to adjust while shooting during the concert and in photoshop later on. Probably the highlight for me, was having a photo pit at Irving Plaza for the first time and we got 6 songs before I got the boot! Oh my god, it was fantastic, now if only the Bowery does one two, I'll be in Heaven.
Settings ranged from 1/250 up to 1/400 of a second with an ISO between 1000-1600.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
jambands.com already ran a post on it, using one of my shots with Jamie McLean
http://www.jambands....er-in-new-york/
and here's the post on Hidden Track.
http://www.glidemaga...ler-comes-home/
btw has anyone ever heard of Falu? She sat in with the band as well. She's an traditional Indian singer, I've never heard of her, but she's got photos on her myspace page with DJ Logic, George Porter, Bernie Worrell, Adam Deitch, and Widespread Panic.
So she's obviously on the edge of the scene...
Shooting Monsters of Folk at the Beacon Theatre on Sunday :)

#140 soulshiny

soulshiny
  • VibeTribe
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

So I passed the exam and am now a LEED Associate, New York State Registered Architect.

Congratulations!!!!:rose:

I haven't been in this thread in awhile....AMAZING!!! Love, love, love looking at your work.

Don't think we'll be down in the city any time soon with Evan, but if you are ever up this way (Albany) and want to swing by and take some pictures of him... I would love that.

#141 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Congratulations!!!!:rose:

I haven't been in this thread in awhile....AMAZING!!! Love, love, love looking at your work.

Don't think we'll be down in the city any time soon with Evan, but if you are ever up this way (Albany) and want to swing by and take some pictures of him... I would love that.

That would great, I'll let you guys know next time I'm up there :smile:
So I got the opportunity to shoot the Monsters of Folk on Sunday at the Beacon Theatre. It was my first time shooting there and I didn't quite know what to expect. Well I get there and am told that we are only allowed to stand against the far walls and shoot from there :shocked:
Luckily this gets amended to being allowed to shoot at the front of the rows, but to kneel only (so as to not to block anyone's view) Three songs only (so maybe 9 minutes total), its mostly dark, and as anyone knows at the Beacon, the band sets up pretty far back on the stage.
So definitely not the easiest shoot, seems like everyone had a tough shoot at the Beacon and United Palace Theatre (on Friday night)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
then I was able to move up to the 2nd row of the Lodge (bought these tickets) and shoot the rest of the night from up there and get these three images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The shots should be posted on www.thewaster.com shortly with a review from the United Palace Theatre
and on a new site for me, http://consequenceof...nsters-of-folk/
also I am heading out to Las Vegas with Carla for the next few days. I'm hoping to get some great shots of either the parks surrounding Las Vegas or maybe a nearby ghost town....

#142 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:08 AM

So we went to Las Vegas last week and had a lovely time and for these we had a beautiful day to shoot.
Its become a bit of a tradition with myself and my sister to meet up around Thanksgiving or so and spend the day
walking and talking and shooting....
Here's a couple of shots we took out in the desert of Eldorado Canyon at the old Techatticup Mining Camp
We ended up getting pretty lucky on the weather, we drove through a dust storm on the way out there, but it cleared up
and we got a real nice desert sky to work with.
These are one shot HDRs, they come out pretty decently as long as you keep the ISO low (200 or 250) and don't shoot directly into the sun.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#143 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Ok so we went to Grace Potter at Terminal 5 on Friday night and had an excellent time. The place was full, but not too packed, so although the sightlines were terrible, I was able to move around and get a few good angles.
Brett Dennen opened (although I still don't understand his appeal)
Posted Image
The first song for Grace, was lit well, then the next one, not so much and for the last one she went to the organ, which is always a tough place to find an angle.
these were mostly at 1/250 (sometimes I was able to go a bit faster) 2.8 ISO 1600
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So I'm pretty excited, I'm going to be interning for fashion photographer.
He's from LA, his name is Vikram Pathak http://www.vikrampathak.com/
we met on Saturday for a bit and went over my portfolio and some of the work he does and I'll be helping him out
from time to time and hopefully really learning. I've even got some homework to do :lol:

#144 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

poor Grace ,she has no ass.

great pics of Vegas Jeremy!! love the old pick up trucks

#145 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Roo, good seeing you the other night :)
Lets see,I just finished up some shots of Lotus at Terminal 5 from this past Saturday.
Excellent show with about 1,800 in attendance and a very nice Spiritualize > It's All Clear > Space Oddity > It's All Clear > Spiritualize in the middle of the show.
Settings here for the most part are 1600iso, 1/250, & 2.8
The lighting was ok, unfortunately I was getting a ton of flare in my shots and missed some nice angles...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I also managed to talk to Mike Remple for a moment afterward, I mentioned how I enjoyed his guitar playing and he motioned to Rick Lowenberg (Brothers Past drummer), who was standing next to him and said heck this guy is a much better guitarist than me :lol:

#146 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

sweet Lotus shots jeremy. i was checking them out on the Lotus board. it is so awesome to see Lotus blowing up and packing a place like T5. rick is a pretty sweet jazz guitarist. he has another band called Natural Selection(http://www.myspace.com/naturalselect) that he plays guitar in:pimp:

#147 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

sweet Lotus shots jeremy. i was checking them out on the Lotus board. it is so awesome to see Lotus blowing up and packing a place like T5.

Yeah its pretty damn cool to personally watch them grow from
Williamsburg to Terminal 5
Posted Image
and get on the cover of Billboard Magazine. In fact they seem to be one of the few jambands that are growing to that degree

rick is a pretty sweet jazz guitarist. he has another band called Natural Selection(http://www.myspace.com/naturalselect) that he plays guitar in:pimp:

damn I could have used you for the conversation. They were talking about Mike and Chuck's? personal show in Boulder from a week or so back.

#148 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Ha yeah I watched them grow from 5 of us at the Brass Lantern to 15000 at Rothbury. Unreal. You are right that they seem to be one of the only jamtronica/jambands that seem to be growing. Nicest guys on the scene taboot

#149 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

JG, I am floored! WOW! :clapping:

#150 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

So I had the opportunity to take a few shots of U-Melt last Friday. As most people knew in attendance, it would be Rob's last show for a while. So I got a chance to get there during soundcheck to take a few extra shots and hopefully get something good. I think the first one was exactly what I was hoping for.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image