My Photos

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#51 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

So here are the shots from the AC Newman show at the Bowery. Lots of fun, definitely a nice change of pace seeing an indie show. The opening act was Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele and Carl Newman told a story about how the last two opening acts they had were Vampire Weekend and the Fleet Foxes and how funny it was to have bands zip fight on by you :lol:
Anyway the show was sold out and a bit dark so I didn't get as many good ones as I wanted, but here goes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Anyway gonna see Maceo Parker on Thurs, can't wait.

#52 lil pixi

lil pixi
  • VibeTribe
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Amazing, Jeremy. Absolutely amazing. :smile:

You got an incredible eye & some real talent there.

#53 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

so beautiful .. all the photos .. the coke sign is phenomenal!

#54 jemita

jemita
  • VibeTribe
  • 432 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

dude this is sick!!!
Posted Image
ok its not show...

http://l.yimg.com/g/...s/spaceball.gif

#55 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

thank you ladies :)
Jema which photo are you trying to link to?
( I've sorta got them locked down)
Here's a few shots of Maceo Parker, I finished up from Thursday night.
Really fun show, packed though so I didn't really have a chance to move around and unfortunately we got too tired to stick around for the encore of Pass The Peas and Soul Power :( He did however put on the shades and do a very nice ode to Ray Charles with "You Don't Know Me"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and the trombonist after a solo (can't find his name anywhere)
Posted Image
hopefully get a few more done, when I get a chance.

#56 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

so a couple of interesting stories.
I'm pretty excited, I happened to sell the following photo from Camp Bisco (and partial rights)
Posted Image
Pete Wilhoit, (from Fiction Plane who I've been emailing with a bit) needed a new publicity photo for his website and a magazine interview that's coming out so we poked around the hard drive and luckily I had one he liked. Damnnnn I love Camp Bisco.
Also I got a funny call from my editor at thewaster.com. Les Claypool is coming to Terminal 5 on Saturday and I had put in for a photo pass. The editor wasn't quite sure he could get one but said he'd try. Well it ends up as a condition of us shooting the show, he now gets to interview Les himself! http://www.thewaster...ool/032409.html
So needless to say we're both excited for the upcoming show. Its suppose to have acrobats and fire dancers and a host of "oddities" can't wait for Saturday.

#57 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

So weird night to say the least, it started with getting turned down for Les Claypool at Terminal 5 and ended with some great shots below. In between however there was a drink stolen, Carla getting soaked in beer, and me getting dragged by my hair for about 15 feet by two extremely drunk 40+ year old women.
So the two lesson learned from the evening,
1) Always get the cell phone of your contact, otherwise you might be standing out in the rain calling the publicist’s office at 9pm on a Saturday.
2) Nothing good can come of escalating a disagreement with a severely drunk woman even if she’s completely in the wrong, if she’s more willing and eager to take it to the next level.
btw the last time I had seen P-Groove was at Mexicali with the new keyboardist, and I have to say they were a bit underwhelming, but tonite was fantastic
and they did a very tasty Naive Melody to finish off the night.
Posted Image
Brock Butler
Posted Image
Adam Perry
Posted Image
Dana Perry (Adam Perry's younger sister)
Posted Image
Brock Butler
Posted Image
John Hruby
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and I got confirmed for The New Deal on Wed and with any luck
will be able to get backstage to take a few shots with the band before the show :fingers crossed: can't wait.

#58 jen

jen
  • VibeTribe
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Great pics as always, Jeremy :)

That last one isn't very flattering of Brock :lol:

#59 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

Great pics as always, Jeremy :)

That last one isn't very flattering of Brock :lol:

what's a Brock?
yeah he's a particularly hard person to shoot,
I kept thinking, maybe Mario should play him in the bio-pic ;)

#60 jen

jen
  • VibeTribe
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

what's a Brock?
yeah he's a particularly hard person to shoot,
I kept thinking, maybe Mario should play him in the bio-pic ;)

It's something like a brah, but headier. I think :lol:

#61 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

So I had the chance to shoot The New Deal on Wednesday at the Music Hall of Williamsburg.
Excellent show, ran until 1:30 in the morning as they played some newer stuff and lots of old ones. Tough lighting conditions as always at Williamsburg, but at least I got a few shots (although no real good ones of Jamie) Everything is shot at around 1/200 1600iso 1.8 or 1.4. I think all of these are primes except one of the long shots of Darren, the drummer. The problem with shooting with primes of course is that the depth of field is so small, that unless you're dead on you're gonna miss the focus (which happened a ton that night)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also got the P-Groove shots up on thewaster.com
http://www.thewaster... photopage.html
and if things go well I should have a couple of my photos in two different magazines. Unfortunately that's gonna be it for the next week or two as I need to go up to Ct for the holidays and miss the Umphrey's McGee/U-Melt and Lotus shows.

#62 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

wow it's been a while since I've opened up this thread and I don't think I'll be waiting that long again. You've go some amazing stuff in here Jeremy! I'm shocked you were able to get even a few good shots from a new deal show every time I've ever seen them I've felt like they really enjoy playing in the dark. rock on.

#63 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

thanks Ed :)
I was a little bummed at the time since I was asked to take photos of the band backstage and there was a mix up with the venue when I got there, but The New Deal's management seemed pleased with them.
anyway a few odds and ends.
Got a picture up into Tea Leaf Green's rotating shot on their website.
Its of Trevor from Camp Bisco.
http://www.tealeafgreen.com/
Posted Image
I got some shots up on jambands.com Photo of the Day of Maceo Parker and Brock from P-Groove (sandwiched around a very nice shot from Chris Paul)
http://www.jambands....otoDay_Archive/
If you got the latest newsletter from The Healthy Hippie, there's a Banana Smoothie recipe with a shot of Marc Brownstein from last April at the Nokia Theater.
http://www.mynewslet...r_id=1409896679
Also A.C. Newman went on the Letterman Show last night, I'm pretty excited I got to shoot them before that.
[ame]http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/theaudiopervjr/?action=view¤t=acnewmanletterman.flv[/ame]
and I figured I'd throw in a shot of my parent's new dog Yuki that I took over the weekend. Working some more on that off camera flash,
the settings were 1/200 f/8.0 iso 400
Posted Image

#64 Patchoulia

Patchoulia
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

Awesome, as always, Jer.

Love the doggie, especially. ;)

#65 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

hehe thanks, he's a good dog.
Only took 30 minutes of rough housing to get him all tired out like that. :)

#66 .jazz.

.jazz.
  • VibeTribe
  • 932 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:58 AM

jesus christ jeremy

good stuff all around :wink:

#67 Moose

Moose
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

and I figured I'd throw in a shot of my parent's new dog Yuki that I took over the weekend. Working some more on that off camera flash,
the settings were 1/200 f/8.0 iso 400
Posted Image

Where was the flash on this one? I notice there's not catchlights in the pooch's eyes.

It seems like camera left or high camera left behind the shooter?

#68 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Jazz, hope things are going well with you guys :)

Where was the flash on this one? I notice there's not catchlights in the pooch's eyes.

It seems like camera left or high camera left behind the shooter?

its an sb-800 off camera with a cord in my left hand up high. Its got a small collapsable softbox on it, tilted away on an angle, which is probably why the dog's got a line on the top of his eye instead of a square. He's also hiding under the 19th century dining room table (a bit of an odd flag, eh?)
I'm still just playing around, trying to get a feel for these things, in some ways its like completely starting over again. Apparently we're gonna do a newborn baby shoot in a week or two, so I better get practicing :lol:

btw Brody, I've been watching these website reviews by Zack Arias. He's got some interesting things to say about websites and photography, I feel like I'm learning a bunch just from listening to how he critiques photos. (reminds me a bit of my studio crits in architecture school...)
http://www.zarias.com/?paged=2

#69 jemita

jemita
  • VibeTribe
  • 432 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

he is a god.... so hot. so hot...
Posted Image

#70 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

alright so we had a chance to catch Lucero on Saturday night at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. Someone mentioned I should check them out and wasn't quite sure what I was getting into. Southern Rock tending towards punk with crowd surfing, the occasional stage diver, mosh pits (leading to a few haymakers), and showing your appreciation to the band by chucking your full beer at them from across the room. Yeah this wasn't your typical hipster show. Luckily the band was smart enough to go into a few ballads when the crowd really started to get out of control and I thought the band itself was pretty damn good, but would I go again....probably not.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
lets see photo info, the shots were taken at 1600 iso, at f/1.8 & f/1.4 (with the 30, 50, and 85mm primes) at between 1/250 and 1/100 of a sec. I kept up with the off camera flash using a CTO gell and just adding a bit of fill. YOu can really see it in the shots of the bass player and the crowd shot (pretty much the entire crowd is lit by my flash). The accordion black and white shot is lit that way too, really a huge upgrade from the Gene Ween shots that I took there a few months back.

#71 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

right on

#72 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

right on

Thanks Ed.
btw Hidden Track's got the photos posted, along with a nice review by Carla.
http://www.glidemaga...f-williamsburg/
Also I had the chance to take a few shots of Lou Reed and his Metal Machine Trio at the Blender Theater at Gramercy last night. Here's one of em, I'll have some more later.
Posted Image

#73 jerrylovinhippy

jerrylovinhippy
  • VibeTribe
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

Jeremy these are AMAZING!!:heart:

#74 Patchoulia

Patchoulia
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

Nice shot of Lou Reed...he is the very definition of "grizzled"...I love it. :)

#75 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thanks guys for the kind words :)

Posted Image

seems like The New Deal likes that one, too. Put a few of them on the front page of their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/tndmusic
Also looks like Lucero is starting to blow up with a prime spot on a new MTV show $5 Cover http://www.mtv.com/fivedollarcover/
Also this past weekend got a chance to visit with a friend of Carla's and her new 2 week old daughter. Here's a couple of the shots I took. I actually set up an umbrella for some off camera lighting, I think it worked out well and the family seemed extremely pleased with them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(I'll get a few more up later)

#76 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

I want a yuki! he's soo cute! that sucks the Les show didn't work out.

Your pics are Great, Jeremy. glad i found time to pop in and check them out. keep them coming!

#77 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

yeah the Yuki is a cutie for sure. He's definitely a wild little puppy though, even broke my mother's leg, after he took off on a walk and she slipped on the ice trying to stop him.
a few shots from Moonalice at Mexicali Live. A very solid band with Pete Sears, Barry Sless, and the legendary G.E. Smith, who actually can sing (sorta Tom Petty-esqe)
They covered Stella Blue, Going Down the Road Feeling Bad, Like a Rolling Stone, and Whiter Shade of Pale to name a few.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
hopefully get a few more done before the week is out.

#78 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

I wanted to put up a few shots from Awesometown
(before I go away for the weekend) Saturday had beautiful weather all day, got to see some lovely music,
and even got called over side stage to talk to Allen Aucoin (and his lovely wife) about some photos I had
taken of him and the Disco Biscuits and turned into baseball cards, he loved them! Said he always wanted
to be on a baseball card. He even signed one of them for someone, which was great :)
Posted Image
Tim Palmieri
Posted Image
Give Us the Money Lebowski (and a few boardies you might know)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
w/ B-Bryan sitting in
Posted Image
w/ Lo Faber sitting in
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nate Wilson Group
Posted Image
apparently Tommy Lada (below) is an MIT grad & chemical engineer...
Posted Image
The Brew
http://farm4.static...._cdf34a5eae.jpg
http://farm4.static...._6813e6764d.jpg
hopefully I'll get a few more up in a week or so. I've also got a few shots of Etta James that need to be finished up from her show at BB Kings on Monday.
http://farm4.static...._9025d8095c.jpg

#79 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

keep em coming!

#80 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

i was thinking the same!:devil:

#81 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

wow
its amazing how the quality of your work has evolved

#82 jemita

jemita
  • VibeTribe
  • 432 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

omg you guys went to etta?!??! so jealous!!! how was she?

#83 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image
Is that peter gammons on base? or jack cassidy?

Posted Image

#84 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

apparently Gammons does play guitar??!
http://www.cdunivers...er Grow Old.htm

#85 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

apparently Gammons does play guitar??!
http://www.cdunivers...er Grow Old.htm

he definitely does. I think he and Theo have in the past gigged together as a charity fundraiser
http://www.horizonsf...ot_Stove_06.asp
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

omg you guys went to etta?!??! so jealous!!! how was she?

Just I went (the tickets were like $90)
She was wonderful. Sat on her stool the entire time, the place was packed to the gills with tables and people. She did a few songs I didn't recognize and did a cover of Janis Joplin's "Take a Little Piece of My Heart" that turned into a singalong. Of course the last song of the night she introduced as a beautiful song that people fall in love to and dance to at their weddings. Then she went on a bit of a tirade saying she's been signing it since she was 21 and she's been singing it for 50 years, so if that girl thinks she can steal it and sing it for that damn pointy eared president they've got another thing coming. And he can come and get her, if he doesn't like it, she's not afraid.
Yeah she's still pissed about that :funny1:
Then finally she started in to those famous words....At Last.....

#87 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

So lets see, moving in a completely different direction, I had a chance to photograph former Guns N Roses bassist Duff McKagan last week at the Blender Theater in NYC. He put on a very nice show with his band Loaded, mostly did their own songs, but also threw in a "It's So Easy" and finished with a nice medley of Iggy and the Stooges, ZZ Top, ACDC, and the Rolling Stones "Wild Horses"..

btw have I mentioned how much I love the lighting at this venue, freaks me out that Live Nation is trying to sell it or close it.

Here's a few shots I managed to get of the opening bands
Posted Image
Spider Rockets (based in New Jersey)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and of course Duff.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
there's a few more here.

Spider Rockets have already posted a few of the shots on their myspace
http://viewmorepics....albumId=1367394

you can read the review of the evening here on thewaster.com
http://www.thewaster...909/051909.html

Also got Mountain Jam coming up next weekend and can't wait for that!

#88 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

A couple of things.
First Mountain Jam went very well this weekend, still trying to work through all the photos and get a few other (non-concert) things done. Until then there are some unprocessed ones up on Hidden Track, with comments by the lovely Ms Danca,
http://www.glidemaga...tain-jam-day-1/
Also I got my first tearsheet. Its from Modern Drummer, the July 2009 issue, so if you're bored at the magazine store take a look.
Posted Image
(its the Pete Wilhoit in the bottom corner)
also and more importantly, I got confirmed to shoot Phish at Jones Beach. We had put in for Thursday and Friday, and GOT BOTH! So see ya there!!

#89 rajagiri

rajagiri
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

amazing pictures:joker:

#90 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

So last weekend at Mountain Jam I got the news. When I had gotten my tickets for Phish at Jones Beach I had my editor at Hidden Track put in for either Thursday or Friday, well despite this being one of the hardest passes to get we received confirmation for both! Jones Beach at over 15,000 people is easily the largest venue I have ever shot at, so yeah I was a little nervous, but after two beers, a slightly heated "heady" burrito I headed over to the side entrance to await for our Livenation contact. (Interesting side note about Jones Beach, my first job in New York City was working for Jack L Gordon Architects. JLGA was the architect of record for the expansion of the 2nd level at the amphitheater and I used to see photos of it around the office when we would assemble projects and presentations)
So after a bit of chit-chat with the other photographers (including Dave Vann) we headed on in. First on all I was a bit unhappy to learn there was no photo pit at Jones Beach, simply the front of the isle which we were allowed to stand and shoot from. Secondly we were not allowed to take any shots of the crowd (due to legal restrictions) and of course we were limited to 3-songs (of course with Phish this would last anywhere from 15-45 minutes depending on their song choice)
Luckily however they started off with an acapella Grind allowing us a chance to shoot the guys standing all together as an intimate shot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
another lucky break the contact for Livenation decided not to count this song against us, so we still had three more songs to go!
So then it was a series of working on a close up for each of the guys. For Page and Fishman, this meant getting a clear shot of their heads from 30' away and for Trey and Mike trying to get shots of them singing and jamming and hopefully capture a Trey "orgasm face" in the process.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
well some things you get and some you miss, but you keep trying (I also need to look back and see if there's any other shots I can salvage)
But we got the signal it was time to go. Nicely enough it was time to pack our cameras and head out, but I was able to sneak a few from the crowd and got these two shots.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The problem of course with long shots is you never know what you are going to get. Was the band in focus? Were they blown out? Did you get any crowd in that shot, or are they showing up completely black?
Friday night was more of the same, except we switched isles to Fishman's side and it was raining. Constantly raining, with over an inch of standing water in the front rows. Basically what this meant was every time you went to switch lenses they got wet and every time the lights shown on them they flared up. On top of that, I no longer had an angle on Fishman, as he was now directly behind the drum kit from my angle and now we were actually farther away from Page, with no better angle on him. So I decided to focus on the long group shots, doing my best to get the whole band and the lights in one shot.
Posted Image
http://farm4.static...._e6a7a6271a.jpg
throw in a few closeups of Trey and Mike again
http://farm3.static...._e736eabe71.jpg
http://farm3.static...._c928433e29.jpg
http://farm3.static...._77b5ae9fc9.jpg
http://farm4.static...._de41759344.jpg
and then it was time to hustle up to the upper levels before the sun completely set and grab a shot of the crowd in the venue.
http://farm4.static...._7aa54fd6c0.jpg
The sun went down and I got a long shot of Fishman on the vacuum cleaner
http://farm4.static...._61e1184606.jpg
and a nice long shot to end the night
http://farm3.static...._18db1a4004.jpg
as I keep trying for that "A thousand barefoot children outside dancing on my lawn" shot.
all the reviews from Hidden Track are located here.
http://www.glidemaga...-beach-night-2/
http://www.glidemaga...ight-3-setlist/
This week we're gonna try and get some rest and get caught up on Mountain Jam photos and thank yous and emails and actually go to a show without the camera.
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at the Izod Center, should be nice :)

#91 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

wow
it really is a privilege to have watched your work evolve over the years.

#92 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

thanks Josh, its definitely been a trip. Thinking back to the last time I saw Phish was at the top of the hill at Coventry as the sunset with a little pocket point and shoot and this time, five years later I'm right in front of the stage being 1 of 5? people asked to take photos of them... it was pretty cool....
btw, if you want the Moonalice shots for the web, either grab them from here or just let me know.

#93 Moose

Moose
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

JG you're truly an inspiration.
Never stop making amazing art!
<3

#94 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Well I've got a ton more to go, but I might have to take a break for a bit on them. Anywhere here are a few of the shots from Mountain Jam. Lots of great music, a little bit of rain, and a whole lot of cold at night.
We had been promised a photo pass, but in the grand tradition of festivals none was there. Thankfully Carla wasn't gonna take no for an answer and we finally got them.
I also had the opportunity to get a few autographs from Marco Benevento, the guys of Tea Leaf Green, George Porter and Brian Stoltz.
I got a great story from Trevor about one of the shots I had taken of him. George Porter asked me to autograph one of my photos for him and Brian Stoltz not only liked the shots I had taken of him, but asked for four of my business/baseball cards he loved them so much.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://farm4.static...._445aa6ec75.jpg
http://farm4.static...._3b401b4f85.jpg
http://farm3.static...._e68260dd68.jpg
http://farm4.static...._60b6a66cb8.jpg
http://farm3.static...._9e62f9c5c1.jpg
http://farm4.static...._2ed010e5b3.jpg
http://farm4.static...._a6a22c380e.jpg
http://farm4.static...._4dde035da1.jpg
http://farm3.static...._0f9211aacc.jpg
http://farm3.static...._58d161cae2.jpg
http://farm4.static...._13ee3074e3.jpg
http://farm4.static...._45d7de8939.jpg
http://farm4.static...._e7744be346.jpg
http://farm4.static...._905ef327c7.jpg
http://farm4.static...._fa8fd0617e.jpg
http://farm3.static...._d0df55793a.jpg
http://farm4.static...._60f05e54e2.jpg
http://farm4.static...._45d7de8939.jpg
http://farm4.static...._bc1b8c30ff.jpg
http://farm3.static...._9754e6fdb0.jpg
http://farm4.static...._bb8947e368.jpg
a bunch more here
and I'll have more at somepoint, hope you enjoyed these.

#95 BethKaya

BethKaya
  • VibeTribe
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

AWESOME stuff Jerm!
Love it!

#96 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

So I've been pushing more into children's photography of late and had the opportunity to photograph a few of the children of one of Carla's cousins, this past weekend in Delaware.
Will and I talked Transformers the entire weekend and he loved to ham it up for the camera.
Posted Image
His brother Ben isn't quite at the age where he can talk in full sentences, but he figured out how to look through the photos on the back of my camera and giggled at all of the shots of him and his family.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
hopefully I'll get a few more done before the weekend is out.
Also getting back to music I'll be down in Atlantic City this Thurs and Friday for the Disco Biscuits, which should be a treat.
and I've got a pretty exciting project coming up, involving a band publicity photo...

#97 JamOnIt247

JamOnIt247
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

Love the Mnt Jam shots hun but absolutely adore the child photography!!!

Thanks for sharing!! :heart:

#98 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Love the Mnt Jam shots hun but absolutely adore the child photography!!!

Thanks for sharing!! :heart:

thank you, I'm trying to work hard on it and I'm hoping with a little luck it might blossom into something special :)
So this past Thursday and Friday I got the chance to shoot Brothers Past, Lotus, and the Disco Biscuits in Atlantic City at the House of the Blues.
The music was fantastic, everyone had a great time, I had a chance to meet Barber and Brownie and chatted with Clay Parnell about trading Dead tapes back in the day :lol:
From a photography point of view, we didn't have pit access the first night due to a mis-communication with security, but luckily got it the second night in time for the Disco Biscuits. Lotus had some fantastic lighting, but unfortunately Brothers Past did not and I wasn't able to adjust my settings and flash to compensate.
Anyway enjoy :)
Tom Hamilton from Brothers Past
Posted Image
Jesse Miller from Lotus
Posted Image
Mike Rempel
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Luke Miller
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Disco Biscuits
Posted Image
Barber
http://farm3.static...._f7e928dc45.jpg
Aron Magner
http://farm3.static...._f3b5435887.jpg
Allen
http://farm4.static...._fc15452f6a.jpg
Brownie
http://farm3.static...._f27a5400a3.jpg
Aron underneath the UFO themed projections
http://farm4.static...._079271cff2.jpg
http://farm4.static...._266d9603c9.jpg
sidestage the final night.
http://farm3.static...._67c301f5f6.jpg

#99 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

sweet AC pics. Lotus tore that shit up both nights. i must have just missed you both nights by the looks of those pics. Was sporting the Black Flag shirt thursday running around like a maniac for Lotus:)

#100 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

sweet AC pics. Lotus tore that shit up both nights. i must have just missed you both nights by the looks of those pics. Was sporting the Black Flag shirt thursday running around like a maniac for Lotus:)

very cool, yeah I bouncing around a ton during the Lotus set, trying to get all the different angles and enjoy the music.
Can't wait to do it again at Camp Bisco :)