• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

Really?

How is he going to win the Swing state of Pennsylvania, a state where he lost his reelection (bob casey) bid years ago? I know it is his home state, but I cant see PA voting for him over O.

See also:
Santorum 1. The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex.

I don't get the appeal of any of the guys on the right, but Santorum?

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

:bang:

I'm with you. I'd rather sit tight than have that turd. I dont get it either. It's a Bush/neocon agenda on religious steroid.

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Just remember though, its about delegates, not rigged polls, primaries and caucus.

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

He is up in the polls right now.

36% Santorum
26% Romney
38% Not for either of them

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

I know, but remember, it's a GOP primary and the game is really delegates, not popular vote (whether that's how you like it or not, those be the rules.)

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Poll statistics don't catch the reality.

#7 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,398 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

what a creep.

#8 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

I can't believe this guy thinks Ron Paul will get more delegates than Mitt Romney, or even Newt Gingrich for that matter.

I can't stand any of them, not a single one.

And yeah, Santorum is a real special kind of evil.

#9 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

He's a slimy one. The religious fanatics love him, but have completely overlooked some noteworthy facts about his record and his policy stances.

Seany, that's a really gaping anus he is describing. :funny1:

#11 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm thinking/hoping a lot of it is the "anyone but Mitt" crowd

#12 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Santorum will obviously not get my vote, but besides that, he looks too much like Jerry Seinfeld to be president.

#13 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

I hope he wins the Michigan Repub primary.

#14 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Why is that? For chaos or because you support him for president?

#15 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Might be cool if he got the nomination, cuz Obama would SLAUGHTER him.

Rick "Don't Google My Name" Santorum. What a frickin' turdbag.

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Might be cool if he got the nomination, cuz Obama would SLAUGHTER him.

Rick "Don't Google My Name" Santorum. What a frickin' turdbag.

The question I then have, JP is, why Obama over the others? Has his policies really been that much different from G W Bush and, if so, can you explain how?

I'm not saying I would prefer Rick over Obama, I just don't really see much difference between Mitt, Rick and Obama on the policy platform. Now mind you, I'm WAY left on social issues. I dont think it is the job of the feds to determine our sex lives, doctor/patient relations (lump drug war in here), private employment contracts, racial discrimination issues and a whole lot more (as Im sure you're aware)....

Let's instead, talk about economics (lump in taxes/debt/deficit), foreign policy (lump in WAR) and constitutional conduct(lump in civil liberties/bill of rights)....
Desperate and obvious plead to Ron Paul.....
:funny1:

#17 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

yeah, go ahead and try to explain how Obama is different to TASB

:popcorn:

#18 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Actual headline from this past week:

"Santorum blasts Obama during Cumming rally"

:shocked:

CUMMING - Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum spoke to an overflow audience at the giant First Redeemer Church in Cumming Sunday night during what was billed as a ‘God and Country’ rally....

http://www.accessnor..._source=message

#19 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Santorum sounds like an STD

#20 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

One way to play up American "Exceptionalism" is to have the scrotum juice to elect a guy named Santorum who was popular enough to garner his own internet definition for all the world to see :lmao:

#21 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

:cry1: and yet also :rotf:

#22 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,009 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

An overflow audience at the Cumming rally. :lol:

#23 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

his campaign is ready to explode

#24 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Santorum 1. The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. 2. Senator Rick Santorum.
17,062 people +1'd this:rotf::rotf::lol::crazy::jump::funny1::lmao:

#25 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

An overflow audience at the Cumming rally. :lol:

And the media laps it up:monkey:

#26 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,009 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

And the media laps it up:monkey:

Doggy style

#27 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

in the face...

#28 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Why is that? For chaos or because you support him for president?

Chaos

#29 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,598 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

I love the guy! What a perfect choice to run against!!!!!

He has my vote in CA.

#30 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

why is anyone donating money? why does anyone think this is anything more than a sham

#31 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

believe it or not, for better or for worse, some people like him...

and that's scary.

#32 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

We're going to end up with santorum no matter who our next president is :huh:

#33 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,557 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

The question I then have, JP is, why Obama over the others? Has his policies really been that much different from G W Bush and, if so, can you explain how?

I'm not saying I would prefer Rick over Obama, I just don't really see much difference between Mitt, Rick and Obama on the policy platform. Now mind you, I'm WAY left on social issues. I dont think it is the job of the feds to determine our sex lives, doctor/patient relations (lump drug war in here), private employment contracts, racial discrimination issues and a whole lot more (as Im sure you're aware)....

He's the only one running that doesn't completely repulse me. I understand the rather unfortunate similarities to other candidates in some areas, but I won't - CAN'T - conscience voting for any of the others on purely social grounds. I'm a compassionate human being first, and a political entity second, and none of the others even approach someone I could stomach voting for.

And since there's nobody else, and I personally like the president and think he's a good man, he's getting my vote.

Let's instead, talk about economics (lump in taxes/debt/deficit), foreign policy (lump in WAR) and constitutional conduct(lump in civil liberties/bill of rights)....
Desperate and obvious plead to Ron Paul.....

My eyes aren't THAT old yet. I see what you did there. :funny1:

#34 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

We're going to end up with santorum no matter who our next president is :huh:

As far as foreign policy, economics, civil liberty errosion and a shlew of other NON social related gubmint topics, yes, they are all big government statists that want to spend money we dont have on programs THEY like. So I see no real difference on the issues that the federal government actually has authority over. It's just a pony show up there, just like it will be a pony show when Romney and Obama debate. Since their policy platforms are almost identical.

Ricky Boy's whole shtick is religious appeal and frankly, any bills based on his foaming at the mouth religious antics, will clearly fail. Like the abortion issue.

#35 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex about raps up the entire lot of them.

#36 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

He's the only one running that doesn't completely repulse me. I understand the rather unfortunate similarities to other candidates in some areas, but I won't - CAN'T - conscience voting for any of the others on purely social grounds. I'm a compassionate human being first, and a political entity second, and none of the others even approach someone I could stomach voting for.

And since there's nobody else, and I personally like the president and think he's a good man, he's getting my vote.

That's why I asked about the areas except the social issues. Which is more or less just rhetoric. It's appealing only if this entire thing is a popularity contest, rather than people making decisions that effect the entire nation.

#37 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

And when the votes are tallied Americans will re-elect the guy that has shown he WILL take away our rights, just because he isn't the other guy. :bang:

Posted Image

#38 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

It baffles me that we could be at a place in this country that we're even 1/4 seriously talking about the possibility of President Santorum. :one:

#39 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

It's all just for the show. The GOP is on the last leg of its primary. Season 1 episode 10, I think?

Definitely not scheduled for a season 2.

#40 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

And when the votes are tallied Americans will re-elect the guy that has shown he WILL take away our rights, just because he isn't the other guy. :bang:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

What makes you think he is a good man?

Were you aware that Santorum was pro-choice before getting into politics? 1995 Philly Magazine article. Google it, it is all over the place in the last few days.

I personally vote on Social issues before economic issues. Why? Because I dont think either side is doing what is best for the economy. They do what is best for the next election cycle. So until social issues are not AN ISSUE, they will never get my vote.

That is why we need a real Libertarian party.

-----

The funny thing I find about the GOP election is the CHAOS theory. Did you know this was Rush Limbaugh's theory to mess up the Dems in 2007/2008?

Remember when Hillary was going to be the winner? It was a given.

Then Rush started telling Rep's to reregister and vote for Obama so that the Dem's would be in chaos when it came time to pick an actual candiate at the convention.

It is funny that the left is now doing what the right did years ago.

#42 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

What makes you think he is a good man?

Were you aware that Santorum was pro-choice before getting into politics? 1995 Philly Magazine article. Google it, it is all over the place in the last few days.

I personally vote on Social issues before economic issues. Why? Because I dont think either side is doing what is best for the economy. They do what is best for the next election cycle. So until social issues are not AN ISSUE, they will never get my vote.

That is why we need a real Libertarian party.

-----

The funny thing I find about the GOP election is the CHAOS theory. Did you know this was Rush Limbaugh's theory to mess up the Dems in 2007/2008?

Remember when Hillary was going to be the winner? It was a given.

Then Rush started telling Rep's to reregister and vote for Obama so that the Dem's would be in chaos when it came time to pick an actual candiate at the convention.

It is funny that the left is now doing what the right did years ago.

Well, yeah. This has been going on for decades now. One of the two parties uses less than savory tactics and the other cries foul. Then they flip the script and one uses the same tactic they cried about the other using, and so on. Keeps people swimming in the pond. What's good for the goose is good for the gander or some such.

#43 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

#44 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Rick Santorum: "I Was Basically Pro-Choice All My Life, Until I Ran for Congress"

In a 1995 Philadelphia magazine feature, the 2012 presidential candidate was depicted as a Newt Gingrich acolyte, a Congressional bully, a class clown … and someone who changed his mind about abortion because of “science and religion.”

http://www.phillymag...ce_all_my_life/

It is a pretty long article.

#45 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

lets play ring around the fecal matter...winner gets to drink the frothy anal splooge

#46 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

We booted Newt out of the House, Sanitarium out of Pa, and now somehow they are legitimate presidential candidates. You just can

#47 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Santorum robocalls dems to vote in michigan against Romney. :rotf:

this is great. The less likely any of them have to get the 1,144 delegates needed, the bigger the convention shit show and the more likely the only guy I'lll vote for has a chance at "stealing" the gop nod.

:popcorn:

#48 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

dems can vote in a GOP primary?

#49 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,371 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Only in michigan. Otherwise, they must be registered party members.

#50 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

wow...what a strange rule...so the dems can start a "vote for sanjina" type campain?:lol:
michenannagin is weird