Weight really affects a woman...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

...I have really puffed up since I quit smoking. Grant it it has only been close to 10 pounds but man thats a lot when you are already a huge miss piggy. I don't know how I could ever let myself get any bigger than this.

My bones, my hair, my nerves, my temper, my periods, I would assume breathing if I wasn't already on something for breathing.

My god. It's time it goes away.

I feel like absolute SHIT!! I look like shit!! :joker:

God I feel like crying so bad.

#2 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,893 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

I am so sorry that you feel like this.:heart: I bet it's not as bad as you think, but that really doesn't matter when you feel that it is.

Quitting smoking is a HUGE accomplishment, so I hope you are proud of yourself for that.:wink:

Maybe make this a starting point (or pick a date). Make a promise to yourself that things will not get worse, only better from now on and take steps to move forward.

I would also get rid of (or hide) the scale (if you have one). Take it out after a month or so of making some changes. No one needs that thing staring at them when they already know they have gained weight.

There are some quick start diets that show results fast and I have found they can be a great motivator to get going. My mom did the south beach because she was a sugar/pasta addict and was really upset with her appearance. She saw results so fast and detoxed from sugar that she now walks 4 miles or so everyday and wants to do it, where she didn't even want to get out of bed before to attempt it in the morning before work.

I plan on doing this soon too, I have so many clothes that I would really like to wear, but I don't even want to attempt putting them on right now.:rolleyes::lol:

I'll be rooting for you, I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing that you can do about what happened to get you to this point, but you can do something to get yourself out of it.:heart:

#3 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

you're beautiful wende .. but you have to be beautiful to you first, you totally already know what to do if you want your body to be the way you ideally want it. xoxo ... go for it mama!

#4 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:58 AM

Thank you two for your posts. THey made me smile. ugh, it's so freaking hard. I do keep reminding myself that I did quit smoking which is HUGE!!!

I can do this.

#5 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,839 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

I hear you, wende. :heart: Two things I found helpful when I was actively trying to lose weight were Weight Watchers (lost 25 lbs. on it, in high school) and tracking what I ate on The Daily Plate ( www.thedailyplate.com ). There's a group on there related to these boards.

Quitting smoking is an incredible accomplishment. :heart: frog is right. rooting for you, lady.

#6 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

Wende I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my advice (since I alway have some) when i quit smoking i weighted 240(ish) lbs. I knew i could not gain another ounce. So instead of eating all the time, i got a water bottle with a flip top so I could get that oral fix. I also started weight watchers so i could obsess over points instead of minutes (without smoking).

Since my mom has passed away I've gained a bit of weight..around 20 lbs. I'm working towards dropping it now and it's hard! I really think silly things like parking far away, taking the stair up one flight, ect really make a difference when all added together.

Stretch first thing in the morning...it gets your blood moving oxygen all over your body...you'll feel better! It also does a little kick start to your metabolism :)

good luck, you can worry about the weight later....put your focus on keeping cancer out of your lungs

#7 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

oh....just a thought save all the $$ from smoking and get a gym membership...much healthier for you !

#8 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

:heart: I echo what little frog said. You can do this Wende if you choose to make the changes. Weight watchers has been a god-send for me many times but it is a bit expensive.

#9 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

You rock, mama! You are beautiful! :heart:

#10 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

I agree with Little Frog-- treat yourself beautifully--im starting to think its the most important and hardest part

#11 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

I also found that gum & lollipops helped the oral fix.

When I quit, I took a walk &/or went up & down stairs until the craving went away. It helped both the weight issue & cravings

Congrats on quitting!:clapping:

#12 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

I've put on a bunch of the weight I lost as well. I'm feeling so gross and can't believe I let myself get this big again ... which in turn is leading to me eating bc of being depressed over it :rolleyes:
Me and the boy made a pact that right after the new year no going out to eat for the entire month of January and hitting South Beach HARD ... to be honest I'm excited...I feel soooooo good when I do south beach, and the results are awesome for me. (belly fat goes first!) :clapping:
So maybe just after the new year, I'll come in here and start a thread and we can help each other w/ encouraging words :heart:
I just dont love me as much when I'm this big. I get real angry w/ myself and ashamed too, esp after dropping the 25lbs so successfully, I thought I was on a roll
Stupid happy heart :joker: :funny1:

#13 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

I tried South Beach and was ready to hang myself for a macaroni elbow. :funny1:

I love my carbs. :blush:

Rich did fine with it. I was just a whiney, hungry, bitchy mess. :lol:

#14 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

I heard south beach is easier to keep the weight off then atkins. I believe that a meat, veggie, some fruit diet is the closest to our natural needs.

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Yes, Tatum. The new year is where it's at. Have a blast these next few days. :lol:

I am getting married in May. I am wearing a beautiful gown. I need to look as beautiful as I feel when I'm with him. for the pictures sake. ;)

#16 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

and hey, I don't freaking smoke cigarettes anymore. Wooohoooo.

There aren't even any more cravings. SO cool. I am healthier. I just need to nip this other thing in the bud. Being fat is not a way to live.

#17 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

:heart: to the new year ladies!!! We can do it!

#18 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

I tried South Beach and was ready to hang myself for a macaroni elbow. :funny1:

I love my carbs. :blush:

Rich did fine with it. I was just a whiney, hungry, bitchy mess. :lol:

HA you just totally made me snort at that.
The first two weeks are HELLISH! No carbs, no sugar (not even fruit) and no BEER!
however, phase 2 when you ween back in fruits and grains and a glass of wine makes you feel so great.
The average weight loss for the first phase is somewhere between 8-12 lbs in 2 weeks if followed to a T. Thats kinda what kickstarts me into being psyched about it! Then phase 2 you're still losing alot, but not to that degree. I was psychotic and did phase one for 5 weeks the first time I did South Beach. :blush: I obsess and it was a really healthy obsession for me...I LOVE my veggies.
The best part of South Beach is that if you do it right, and you read the book, you learn how to eat healthier on the regular. I couldn't do WW bc I would use my 13 points for a happy meal on those happy PMS weeks :blush: I can't be trusted, I'm all or nothing w/ a diet...I can't leave myself room or I'll take advantage. I'm a pain in my own ass really. :rolleyes:

We can totally do this ladies! WOOT!
I'm going to start w/ the Master Cleanse to clean out the body of all 2008 toxins :v:

#19 CreekFreek

CreekFreek
  • VibeTribe
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

I feel you, Wende!

Gaining (and losing) weight really does have such a huge impact on everyone but I think more so on women. I’ve gone through MAJOR changes in the last 2 years.

You have some time before your wedding and I know you can do it. You were able to quit smoking and that's HUGE!!!!

I know you love candy, so trying to cut down on sugar would be a great start.

High protein, low carb works well for me. I'm sure it's extra hard with kids in the house to avoid snacks and such. It’s probably a good idea to try and get the whole family eating healthier.

I would also suggest visiting a nutritionist and your PCP. Get some blood work done. Look into vitamins too. A lot of people are deficient in certain areas and don't even realize it. Things like low B-12 can really affect your energy level.

For me, it’s a lot easier to get motivated to exercise when the weather is nice. Joining a gym for now, is a great idea.

Good luck! :heart:

#20 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:51 AM

YOu ladies rock. Seriously, rock! Thanks Jen. :)

#21 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,839 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:49 AM

Georgi, I'm a big pasta fan, as well (or I was, and that is my native urge). That was one thing I dug about Weight Watchers. I'd save and bank my daily carbs so I could have pasta (acini de pepe is the tiniest dry pasta, if I recall correctly [measuring it by the half-cup and cup before cooking, has the least air space]). I'd also use french cut green beans to provide a happy noodley mouth feeling (yes, I speak English, I promise, just not now).

Wende, quitting smoking is totally awesome. :heart: What creek freek said about multivitamins is good sense.

#22 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

I agree with sarah, i LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs (breads, pretzels, pastas, bagels..ect)

I could never imagine going on south beach. Woudln't work for me. But weight watchers really helps me get a handle on what i'm eating. I did it without meeting...I just got the books and point finders from people. they have thousands of recipes on thier website that are free...i still get emails from them about new stuff.

I know one of my major culprits is drinking...I drink a lot(not often, but when i do it's a lot) and that makes me hungry and I make poor decisions beofre bed.

I've been good and made it to the gym 3 days in a row already, and gearing up for class at 530 tonight.

#23 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

i couldn't cut down on simple carbs .. i had to cut them out completely. i'm on the wagon or off .. no middle ground for me. food is fuel to me first. i commend anyone who can eat simple carbs in moderation, i simply can't do it. :(

i do eat tons of complex carbs though.

belly dancing and hoop dancing are very big factors in my healthy body lifestyle too. both are very fun and i can do them for hours.

#24 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

As a smaller gal, I have to comment that it's not always the weight, but they way we look at ourselves that is the problem. (along the same lines as what LF said)

Do not call yourself things like huge miss piggy. It can be a struggle to not degrade yourself, but that is step one.

#25 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

for you pasta lovers there is Dreamfields pasta.
Tastes just like reg pasta, w/ a fraction of the carbs.
as for bread, I have no substitute. :blush:
but I LIVE by Dreamfields....I'm italian, I NEED my pasta ;)

#26 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:58 PM

As a smaller gal, I have to comment that it's not always the weight, but they way we look at ourselves that is the problem. (along the same lines as what LF said)

Do not call yourself things like huge miss piggy. It can be a struggle to not degrade yourself, but that is step one.

its EXACTLY how we view US and not how others View us...we're our own WORST critics..

one thing I'm doing to help myself, putting up my thinner pics on the fridge and my mirror as a reminder of how beautiful I can be when I'm feeling healthy.... :)
I know some people put up fat pics to motivate, but how is that motivational?? :huh:
uplift yourself, never put down yourself.
:heart:

#27 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

i actually did an experiment on myself several years ago. instead of putting myself down, putting down my body, complaining about the parts i hated .. etc .. i decided to start thanking God instead for this fabulous creation. so everytime i wanted to put myself down, i consciously thanked God for my miraculous perfect creation body .. sometimes i would do an inventory of my perfect parts .. this may sound silly but it really made a difference .. thanks for my toes, my fingers, my ears .. etc. all in all i discovered over time, God had indeed given me all the necessary parts in all the right places. i wasn't an ugly mistake doomed to roam the earth in a body i hated. i was a miracle and when i started to see myself as a miracle i started to treat my body in a much more respectful manner.

does that make sense. can't hurt to try it, no?

#28 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:00 AM

I'm still fat. :lol:

#29 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

:rotf:

#30 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

I love you!

I am too....I know this, recgonize this, and am working towards correcting it. I am back at the gym on the regular(let's hope when school starts this maintains), cooking healthy meals for the week again, and not dwelling on it.

It is hard, but not harder then teaching frations and percets to fifth graders in newark :lol:

If i can do that I can do anything :lol:

#31 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

i actually did an experiment on myself several years ago. instead of putting myself down, putting down my body, complaining about the parts i hated .. etc .. i decided to start thanking God instead for this fabulous creation. so everytime i wanted to put myself down, i consciously thanked God for my miraculous perfect creation body .. sometimes i would do an inventory of my perfect parts .. this may sound silly but it really made a difference .. thanks for my toes, my fingers, my ears .. etc. all in all i discovered over time, God had indeed given me all the necessary parts in all the right places. i wasn't an ugly mistake doomed to roam the earth in a body i hated. i was a miracle and when i started to see myself as a miracle i started to treat my body in a much more respectful manner.

does that make sense. can't hurt to try it, no?

There's a chapter on exactly THIS in the Secret.
I was explaining to my best friend who is also in the market for some weight loss in 2009 that instead of putting up her fat pics to keep her away from the fridge (like I do) to put up the skinny pics as a reminder of how good we feel inside and out when we're healthy....
Allison you are WAY wise beyond your years...and I miss you bunches.

#32 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

the laws of attraction are amazingly powerful, our minds are weak though, therein lies our struggles .. miss you too. must do some road trips in this new year :)

#33 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

I wish I was taught from childhood about the law of attraction, and how to apply it...I think then it would almost be as natural as our negative thinking.
Imagine raising children in a world who believed in attracting positivity... :huh:
would be eurphoric. :)
I try alot to apply this to my mindset...but you're right, we have such weak minds...
my force needs to be stronger ;)

#34 yummy_taraleigh

yummy_taraleigh
  • VibeTribe
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

The law of attraction is amazing. Everyone always says "I'm lucky", but it's not true I just always see the positive and I attract positiveness to me. Dan wasn't sure this worked so I said that if we get Phish tickets in the lottery the law of attraction works. Everyday I pictured being there and I felt it...we got tickets! Then we started manifesting parking spots and now we always get a spot right in front where we want which is awesome during the winter in Burlington. It's so cool that you can be anything and have anything you want. It works for health too. How cool is that!!!! Have fun learning to be the best you, you can be!!

#35 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

:)

#36 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

my dad was a very positive person who believed strongly in the power of thinking about what you want all the time and not what you don't want, he believed you could do anything you set your mind to and he told us that all the time. my mother was totally the opposite, haha .. you can see which one i wanted to emulate.

#37 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

ahhhhh, the secret. gotta love the secret.

#38 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

It's funny Little frog, my family was the same way. My dad, total follower of the secret. Totally believed in all that you *could* be not what you can't. My mom, total BITCH.

I unfortunately have a lot of my mom in me that is slowly being removed. It's hard. It's sort of like an exorcism sp? :lol:

#39 Its me Barbie

Its me Barbie
  • VibeTribe
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

Being pregnant I have been obsessed with my appearance... I won't leave the house with out makeup and my hair being done. Until recently (when my glucose test came back rather low) I watched every morsel that went into my mouth... Most of this is because I am so worried about my body after Drew is born. My mom gained a lot of weight when she was pregnant and never really lost it so that scares me. I am not a big person but I am not a petite person either. Very average... I have to keep telling myself "I am pregnant... I am suppose to gain some weight"

SO yeah weight really does effect women no matter what the situation may be!

#40 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

yes barbie you will gain weight,and if you breast feed you will retain 10 lbs for a bit longer. but you are by no means a larger person. you will go back to your correct size without a problem

enjoy being prego...now midnight burger deluxes might not be the best option, but if you're craving it...eat it, and enjoy it!

#41 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

It's funny Little frog, my family was the same way. My dad, total follower of the secret. Totally believed in all that you *could* be not what you can't. My mom, total BITCH.

I unfortunately have a lot of my mom in me that is slowly being removed. It's hard. It's sort of like an exorcism sp? :lol:

my daughter is like my mother .. it drives me nuts, but i don't put up with it, tough love. i really am predisposed biologically to be positive actually, so i do think it's somewhat genetic. i'm also able to just change my mind about something, like a bad habit, completely. i know other people are simply not like me and just can't do that. my dad is also like that and my mom, not so much

my daughter is better than my mom, because i didn't put with it. she wasn't allowed to bring her neg vibe into my bubble.

#42 shelby

shelby
  • VibeTribe
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

It's been a while since I've "been around these parts"...
Congratulations Wende on kicking the butts & being engaged!!!
You're a beautiful person and NOW your just improving on a perfect specimen :)

#43 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

It's a constant work in progress.

Thank you Shelby and it's good to see you. :) It's been too long

#44 lil pixi

lil pixi
  • VibeTribe
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

I know this. I've really been there.
I really had to grab weight by the horns & kick it's ass, & keep it defeated, but you can get there!! :heart:

{{{Wende}}} You're beautiful.

#45 wabbit

wabbit
  • VibeTribe
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

When I first tried South Beach, I was very successful, I lost about 20lbs in the first 2 weeks and managed to go down about 60lbs total.. After having Gabe, I crept back up a good 30lbs.. I lost 20lbs with weight watchers, but stopped going because as fire_rocket mentioned, it is spendy..

I did try south beach again last year, but it never worked the same for me.. I have made so many changes to my diet already, so it didn't really "shock" my system like it did the first time.

I am now trying to follow a loose weight watchers, more or less keeping a sort of points tally in my head, but not being a crazy person about it. I know that I have my eating under control, I just need to get the exercising aspect up and running. without that, I am going to be stuck in this rut..

I am very hard on myself.. I do not like who I see in the mirror some days at all-- even in something I know looks nice on me will look horrible if I am having a bad day. We are really hard on ourselves, no matter the size.. If not our weight, our hair, our skin, etc etc...

(((us)))

#46 TourmalineDream

TourmalineDream
  • VibeTribe
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

The name of this thread srsly says it all........I have a serious OCD issue with my weight. I let the number on the scale dictate my mood or how I feel about myself. I joined a gym at the end of the summer and where I started out going a lot in the beginning, I've barely gone in the past couple months. This is also due to the fact that I somehow wasn't losing pounds on the scale (but probably gaining muscle weight and losing fat). I've actually put a freeze on my account b/c i'm hoping to go snowboarding a lot in the next few months and that'll hopefully get me back on a health-kick trip. As far as going back to the gym, we'll see what the future holds...

I actually quit smoking cigarettes in October of 2007 and it was the best thing I did for myself. In that time I lost about 10 pounds but I've pretty much put it back on. My weight really tends to fluctuate within the 10lb range.

As far as my diet is concerned, I'm a vegetarian and I try to eat foods that don't contain hydrogenated oils and such. I try to keep up on taking a multi-vitamin and for the most part, I eat healthy and only buy food from Whole Foods or Trader Joes.....but I <33333 to drink beer & sometimes champagne......I'm also guilty of <3333ing my cheese and carbs. = P

Thus far, the best thing you can do to lose the weight that I've found most effective is literally to DANCE YOUR ASS OFF!! :wink:

#47 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

I feel like absolute SHIT!! I look like shit!! :joker:

God I feel like crying so bad.

i know how you feel love. when i was in high school/early college i was a porker. seriously, i'll show you pictures cause I know you'll never believe me without proof. Posted Image. what worked for me (cause i was too embarassed to bring my fat ass to the gym) was joining a group class like cardio kickboxing or something. that way you've got a support system and people who you can relate to and vice versa.
www.hungrygirl.com is a great free website for healthy recipes. Their motto is "tips and tricks for hungry chicks" my best friend works for them and she has achieved the epitome of what we all want... someone who was once overweight and has achieved her goal weight and MAINTAINED it for over 3 years. this is definitely a great way to start!
i love you girl, you can always talk to me if you need to. if i lived closer we'd be workin out together.

#48 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

oh yeah, and another thing. i started visualizing myself at the weight i wanted to be, and how i wanted to look. Think of the details. After a while I deluded myself into SEEING what I wanted to see in the mirror and then slowly the weight started coming off even when I wasn't working out. You can accomplish anything you want to. The power of the mind is...well, mind boggling.

#49 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

:heart: great advice Spiff thanks for sharing

oh and you were always beautiful :)

#50 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

I recently started reading this book intuitive eating.... by these women who are Registered Dieticians (my sister is a RD and I complain to her about my latest "diet" all the time)
so far its pretty awesome.... eat what you want when you want but stop when you are full basically... and don't make anything forbidden or its what you will want most - its basically touted as the end to diets by these two women who saw countless people diet and fail for years and came up with a plan that can change how you think about food

here is the website... you can get all the "rules" there
http://www.intuitiveeating.com/

(fwiw my sister says that by following this plan she has lost like 35 lbs in a year with out ever "dieting" or increasing her exercise)