• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

The tagline for tonight is "One camp, two tribes, no rules"

Sounds like some changes are afoot!!! One camp for both tribes?! Looks like it's going to be boys v. girls to start out, and for added value, the boy team got themselves a little person. That's entertainment!

Also, NO redemption island (I was getting tired of it), so more reward-alone challenges.

Survivor: One World - Extended Preview

Castaways are shocked when a tribe's true colors are revealed at a competitive immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:00:15 PM, ET/PT) on CBS!

Posted Image

#2 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I *might* tune in. :)

#3 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

It's been on my radar for quite some time now. :clapping:

Maybe since Diddy started the thread he's setting the scene for his weekly play by plays?? :jamguy:

#4 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Maybe since Diddy started the thread he's setting the scene for his weekly play by plays?? :jamguy:

I miss those! Especially when he would throw in the great nicknames for them like "Sandra Speak Spanish"! :lol:

#5 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Unfortunately my Survivor review days were also my unemployed, get up at 11am and watch Survivor again while I write my review from 1pm-3pm days. Those days are long gone.

#6 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

:cry1:

#7 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

You coming to TV nite, Rich?

#8 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

You coming to TV nite, Rich?

I'd have to leave before it's over, so probably not.

#9 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ohright. We'll assign you a contestant. :D

#10 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Thanks! There was some funny banter on the TV night thread where Sandor assigned me the name Tiddlywinks. If there's a contestant with that name, I'll be like all :eek:!

#11 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,655 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wahoo:pimp:

#12 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

THIS.......is Survivor

#13 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,617 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

watching, thanks for the reminder! :)

#14 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,655 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

I don't know so far most of the people seem kind of annoying.

People I like so far. The guys they really have not shown and the ones they do seem like a bunch of douche bags for the most part. I find Colton amusing and he will probably shake shit up if the stays around, but does almost every gay man that appears on a reality show have to be one giant Stereotype? Todd on China was the only gay man I think I have ever seen on the show that just happened to be gay that wasn't a big bunch of stereotypes. Well not counting the guy that was in the closet one season and of course got voted off right after he revealed it in one of his interviews.

The girls. I liked Christina because she stood up to that Alicia chic who once again makes teachers look like heartless bitches on reality TV. I also liked Sabrina she seems smart and athletic. And if she gets a chance the former cop, Nina I think, that busted up her lip seems pretty cool too.

#15 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

I only made it 30 minutes into the program. Survivor has jumped the shark. I think will enjoy listening to music on Wednesday nights more than watching survivor.

#16 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,655 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

I only made it 30 minutes into the program. Survivor has jumped the shark. I think will enjoy listening to music on Wednesday nights more than watching survivor.

That's why I like my DVR. I skip through the commercials so it is over in 40 minutes. :pimp:

#17 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

The women look like they're in deep shit early.

I'm rooting for Leif, Bill and Tarzan (prolly too old to win prolly)

Got to love the fact that the guy who stole the ax the women would have used to help build their "house" is a banker :funny1:

#18 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Nah, good move ending the competition when they did. There's always the possibility something could go wrong or perhaps Colton could have thrown it in order to get one of the guys out.

#19 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

That net was an accident waiting to happen. I suspect we won't be seeing that again. Way too easy to hurt yourself. NOBODY listened to Jeff and put their hands in front of them.

I enjoyed the premier. I have dubbed the frat boy team within the guys tribe as the Pectoral Alliance. :D It may be a touch mysogynistic, but I LOVED that they made the girls weave them a roof before they'd give them fire. Every single year we always ask how ANYONE, male or female, can go on Survivor and not know how to start a damn fire. It was dry as hell out there, they had no excuse.

I'm digging Leif, he seems really psyched to be there. I like the country girl, she seems tough (and hot). The girls are in TROUBLE. They need to pull it together. At least they recognize that they're acting like a bunch of chicken heads.

Very interesting having htem all live next to one another. As things progress it should make for some VERY compelling Survivor!

#20 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

agreed with the net drop, no one dropped as instructed. It eliminated my favorite girl right off the bat (I had already nicknamed her tattooie :lol: ) oh well... Go Leif will be my new battle cry (at least until I get a clever nickname for him - or he is voted out)

I think the girls blew it right off the bat by not keeping their chicken deal. That took any goodwill the guys had away.

Interesting immunity hapopenings where the women had to give it to the men, and the 'next week' clip showed the women who gave "Country Club Colton" the idol saying something negative about him.

Survivor broke their longstanding rule with injury last night by not having a tribal vote. Every other time/season someone went home via injury (at least that I recall) the tribe still had to vote another player out. They knew the women would be in trouble if their numbers drop -2 that quickly.

I also agree that the guys should NOT have continued the challenge and would have been dumb to do so (I play in a corporate league softball team at work, and when an opposing team needs to forfeit for some reason (and lack of players is a big one), we take the win - and expect the other team to do so if we do not have enough players). Also, the last two legs of the challenge were a balance beam and a rope bridge, both of which I believe that the ladies would have performed better at than the men.

I wonder how many weeks it will be girls vs boys before they shake the tribes up switching them around to be co-ed

#21 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Ouch! That must have hurt.

And yes, Jeff twice told them how to drop into the net and they all just ignored him.

#22 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

i was bummed to see the cutest girl out so early, but it was her own stupid fault for not listening. broken in three places, ouch.

this season is shaping up to be painful to watch if the women don't get their heads in the game fast. when one team dominates it just makes for bad tv, i think. hopefully if they keep on like this the producers will do something to mix it up sooner rather than later. remember that season with Stephanie and...the country guy, i forget his name. anyway, yeah, it was hard to watch their team get decimated week after week.

#23 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

one of those girls has the greatest ass ive ever seen on survivor

#24 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Survivor broke their longstanding rule with injury last night by not having a tribal vote. Every other time/season someone went home via injury (at least that I recall) the tribe still had to vote another player out. They knew the women would be in trouble if their numbers drop -2 that quickly.

Your recall is not perfect. There have been plenty of times that someone being pulled out of the game resulted in no tribal council. The first time was when Michael fell in the fire in Survivor Australian Outback. From wikipedia:

>>>
The elimination of contestant Michael Skupin during the sixth episode is noteworthy for being the first case where a Survivor contestant has had to be evacuated due to injuries. While stoking the fire, Skupin breathed in smoke and momentarily fainted, falling into the fire and suffering severe burns to his hands. After being cared for by medical personnel, a helicopter was brought in and Skupin was evacuated. Due to his evacuation, the Immunity Challenge was cancelled, and no Tribal Council was held.
<<<

It's happened plenty of times since then.

#25 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Your recall is not perfect. There have been plenty of times that someone being pulled out of the game resulted in no tribal council. The first time was when Michael fell in the fire in Survivor Australian Outback. From wikipedia:

>>>
The elimination of contestant Michael Skupin during the sixth episode is noteworthy for being the first case where a Survivor contestant has had to be evacuated due to injuries. While stoking the fire, Skupin breathed in smoke and momentarily fainted, falling into the fire and suffering severe burns to his hands. After being cared for by medical personnel, a helicopter was brought in and Skupin was evacuated. Due to his evacuation, the Immunity Challenge was cancelled, and no Tribal Council was held.
<<<

It's happened plenty of times since then.

I guess to much survivor tailgating has altered my memory! However, looking at wiki, it has happened that way on occasion:
"However, there have been occasions where, after a player is evacuated, an immunity challenge and subsequent Tribal Council are still held. This is typically when the game begins with more than eighteen contestants."

so I'm glad to know that I'm not 100% off and am fabricating survivor memories :lol:

#26 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

And still digging deeper

Colton in command of the guys :rotf:

#27 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

And still digging deeper

Because once again, the twentysomething "girl power" group who think they know everything are taking charge and fucking everything up. IMHO, they made a huge mistake keeping Kat & voting Nina off. But we all knew that was going to happen, right? Their tribe will be decimated before long. Same thing happened the last time they did a men vs. women theme.

Colton in command of the guys :rotf:

He got really creepy this week. :shocked:

#28 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yeah they're going to have to mix the teams up or the women don't stand a chance. I thought they were sounding like they realized they had to boot Kat when they were saying how they would have formed different alliances but alas it was not to be.

I'm thinking Colton will be having a major meltdown in the near future. Kid doesn't have a clue about the social aspect of the game and doesn't seem interested in even trying

#29 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm thinking Colton will be having a major meltdown in the near future. Kid doesn't have a clue about the social aspect of the game and doesn't seem interested in even trying

Totally. I mean, I can understand being friendly with the girls since there's going to be a merge at some point, but if he doesn't even try to get along with his own team he'll be gone in no time.

And unless something really drastic happens (like them coming to their senses and getting rid of Kat and that other loudmouth know-it-all chick), the women are pretty much fucked, so Colton's doomed either way. He's going to be on his own pretty soon if he's not careful. That idol will only keep him safe for one tribal council.

#30 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think Colton's strategy going into the game was to foster an alliance with women, and when that was impossible, he panicked and flailed around a bit...however, I think showing the idol to the non-alpha alliance may have been a smart move. If he can cement an alliance among the other guys, let's call them the Beta Alliance, he could be in a good position. That's assuming the Beta guys have the testicular fortitude to challenge the Pectoral Alliace.

The girls are pretty sad. The sauce is weak.

#31 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,655 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I don't know while I find him annoying I have a feeling he is going to be the villan for the season. He let the other weaker guys know he has the idol. Which allows them to start weeding out the muscle who could beat them in individual immunity challenges. He also has the annoying factor that people like to keep around to beat in the end. PS I fucking hate Gay Republicans :lol:

#32 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think they're calling that alliance the Misfits :lol:

He may get it to work depending on how the immunity challenges go. As long as the girls keep losing the boys are safe and if he can get to the merge without skeeving out the women anymore anything is possible. Neither of the "sex" alliances are very solid so a couple of the Misfits and a couple of women in a secret alliance with his idol could get him deep.

#33 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

a secret alliance with his idol could get him deep.

So its that kind of idol, huh? :naughty:

#34 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

:lol:

Yeah get on your knees and worship :deadheadskier:

#35 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

I think Colton's strategy going into the game was to foster an alliance with women, and when that was impossible, he panicked and flailed around a bit...however, I think showing the idol to the non-alpha alliance may have been a smart move. If he can cement an alliance among the other guys, let's call them the Beta Alliance, he could be in a good position. That's assuming the Beta guys have the testicular fortitude to challenge the Pectoral Alliace.

The girls are pretty sad. The sauce is weak.

girsl are sad. holy dumbassness. ya think the first time they decide to do male vs female (is it the first?) they'd try to get a good group eh?

also, colton is going to be a threat to the boys either way, so if they are smart he'll be gone before the merge :)

#36 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

i routing for the little guy. he is funny. that kat chick sucks and is very annoying

#37 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

They've done Male v. Female before, twice I believe, but only for a couple episodes before they redistributed the teams. It seems like they're commited to it this time, but we'll see.

#38 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

ya think the first time they decide to do male vs female (is it the first?) they'd try to get a good group eh?

No, it's been done a few times before. I know it was done in the Amazon, and I think Panama too. Actually I think Panama was where they divided them into four tribes by sex and age. They may have even been one other time, but it's not coming to me right now. :dunno:

#39 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,884 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

That net was an accident waiting to happen. I suspect we won't be seeing that again. Way too easy to hurt yourself. NOBODY listened to Jeff and put their hands in front of them.

On reflection, I don't think this was necessarily a bad challenge element.

However, it being the first element of the first challenge was a mistake.

Special good thoughts for Kourtney, who was recovering from surgery when she watched that episode. They found a tumor in her abdomen and removed it. The tumor was not benign.

#40 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

the producers must be pissed (although they are the ones who picked the people) that they had to come up with a bunch of challenges that are "equal" (as far as men/women) but the women cant even get with it enough to win anything.....ill never understand keeping the idiots/unfit people at the beginning when you are getting creamed over and over by the other team.

#41 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,655 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

the producers must be pissed (although they are the ones who picked the people) that they had to come up with a bunch of challenges that are "equal" (as far as men/women) but the women cant even get with it enough to win anything.....ill never understand keeping the idiots/unfit people at the beginning when you are getting creamed over and over by the other team.

Yup in my opinion that balance beam challenge was totally designed for the women to win. They suck.

#42 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Why would that challenge be less dangerous if it was later in the season, Dan?

#43 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,884 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Why would that challenge be less dangerous if it was later in the season, Dan?

Well clearly there's some danger whenever it is.

I just imagine that the first challenge you do, the first element of that challenge some folks are going to be a little extra nervous. That makes it the wrong time for danger.

I'd agree the chances are better that they won't have that type of a drop in a net again, but that's lawyers, etc.

#44 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Ah, gotcha. Agreed they might be better off with it later in the game when they're not as nervous.

#45 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Just when you thought you'd seen it all :one:

I was ready to jump through the TV screen and ring Colton's neck. Russell looks like a saint compared to him :lol:

I love their reasoning, Lief screwed up and broke their trust so he's got to go right away, let's go to tribal and vote him out now

#46 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,629 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

survivor rule # 1 - never give up your numbers
bunch of spineless clowns 'we couldn't say no and go against the popular vote' are you kidding me. You are bound to end up at tribal sooner or later, so why not wait for it to naturally happen...

Other comments - holy kat-toe! I never saw so many crotch shots in one episode before. Those women better vote Kat out soon, cause if she is there in the merge, she will have those guys (except for colton) wrapped around her finger with her tiny bikini bottoms!

Speaking of colton, while I appreciate any oompa-loompa reference ;) , so far we have seen him attack the ghetto black man who is poor and has no real job :eek: and this week, a tirade on on Lief, the munchkin who will get his butt kicked back to oz, and is a naughty little oompa-loompa :eek: Next week, possibly an asian rant? (I believe that he may just trying to out villain any other villain we have had before)

#47 shadeelady

shadeelady
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

that was the most unbelieveable, stupidest thing I have ever watched.

what was worse was after colton's little tirade at tribal council, that old man, tarzan??, felt the need to rush to his defense. ick.

bill should have tried to get rid of colton, rather than try and make nice with the idiot.

#48 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

just when i thought the girls were the dumbest tribe ever to hit survivor....holy hell!!!

not only were the guys so dumb for doing that BUT WHY/HOW THE F IS COLTON THE RING LEADER???????????? lounging in that flipping chair......im pretty sure he's not even brainwashing anyone (like officially/russell style/etc)

i am so confused right now, especially because the whole point was to vote out leif for blabbing, wasnt it??? did i miss the part where that was a cover for voting bill out??

(implied colton is a racist/etc asshole)

#49 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I love their reasoning, Lief screwed up and broke their trust so he's got to go right away, let's go to tribal and vote him out now

And then they voted Bill out. :picardfp:

I think the men's team just out-stupided the women... not an easy task. And after last night, I officially detest Colton. What an arrogant little asshole he is!! I'm amazed that after his tirades at camp & at tribal council the men didn't band togerther & vote his ass out. I wanted to choke him.

#50 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

He's got the idol and they're all sucking up to it.

If I was on that team at the tribal meeting I would have told them that if they didn't vote Colton out they'd better vote me out or I'd end up killing him back at camp. :hit: