williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

AWESOME!

The schedule has changed a little!

Basement Generals are now playing Saturday at 1PM.:Phishfolk:

This is the best festival in the region.

#4 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Lineup has changed a little:
Friday:
Weather Machine
Acoustic Mark Band
Power Set
Cliff Street>
The Jack>
Newton Crosby>
Unexplained Bacon
Juggling Suns
Steal Your Face
Backwoods Experiment

Sat:
The Turnips
Acoustic Mark Band
The Basement Generals
Jason Crosby Band
Solar Circus Reunion
The Point
Juggling Suns
Turtle Soup
Backwoods Experiment

Thurs night pre-fest party with Lumpy Gravy & Backwoods Experiment

#5 shadeelady

shadeelady
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

:crazy: woohoo! can't wait!!!! :jamguy:

#6 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Lineup has changed a little:

Sat:
The Turnips
Acoustic Mark Band
The Basement Generals
Jason Crosby Band
Solar Circus Reunion
The Point
Juggling Suns
Turtle Soup
Backwoods Experiment

:Phishfolk:

finally, a Stonehenge where i don't need to race home after The Point's set, and i get to enjoy a full night's worth of music. :ura1:

i'm assuming this means we hit around 7pm, Mug?

#7 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

nicely done - as usual

always my fav lil festy !

:heart:

#8 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

AWESOME!:rose:

#9 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

solar circus? i thought that was the stuff of legends, but now it looks like i might be getting to live a legend! :Phishfolk:

#10 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

hmm... looks like they forgot natty b & buzz u... :dunno: :funny1:

#11 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'm excited to be playing my first Stonehenge (in Weather Machine)! I'll post up a recording of our show at the Westcott Theater in Syracuse last night. :Phishfolk:

#12 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Will be nice to actually hear Backwoods this time around. When I went to that other location 2 years ago they had to play unplugged due to the noise ordinances. Pretty much sucked. :undecided:

#13 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

solar circus? i thought that was the stuff of legends, but now it looks like i might be getting to live a legend! :Phishfolk:

i used to see Solar Circus at the Circle Tavern in Brigantine nearly 20 years ago :lol:

if Jason's school doesn't have any snow days this year, there's a good chance we may actually make it to Stonehenge (would be my first time) to celebrate my 40th bday :jump:

#14 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

I used to go see Solar Circus play all the time yearrrrrs ago....
- My ex boyfriend (who was a total jerk) was a huge fan of the lead guitar player and we used to go see them a lot.

Karma's a bitch.:pimp:

#15 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

- My ex boyfriend (who was a total jerk) was a huge fan of the lead guitar player and we used to go see them a lot.

:lol::lol::lol:

i'll be there for this...with :gop: on!

#16 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

yeah it is :lol:

#17 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Here's Weather Machine from Saturday night...little rushed because of time constraints...sound is off in the beginning but gets better...
http://www.archive.o...22.burke.flac16

#18 spacewoman

spacewoman
  • VibeTribe
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Here's the AMAZING flyer Brianne cooked up for us:

Posted Image

Thanks, mama!

#19 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

LOVE it!

#20 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

NICE POSTER!:dance:

#21 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,681 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

I am IASW and I don't go to festivals, but this one looks like teh tittybombs.

#22 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Here's the AMAZING flyer Brianne cooked up for us:

Posted Image

Thanks, mama!

:clapping:

#23 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

:Phishfolk::Phishfolk::Phishfolk:

#24 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

I am IASW and I don't go to festivals, but this one looks like teh tittybombs.

This festie is a festie for those who don't really like festies. Very family vibe there. You may want to make an exception for this 'un.

#25 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Bri,

That poster is amazing. One of your best works. I think I'm gonna be there.

#26 mudd

mudd
  • VibeTribe
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

great lineup, siick poster, too! a solar circus reunion is a good idea! it's been a while, i can't wait to see you guys again

#27 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

I might only be able to go saturday. :undecided:

How much are day tripper tix?

#28 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I might only be able to go saturday. :undecided:

How much are day tripper tix?

there ain't none. it's all-or-nothin'.

but if you can really only make it for the one day, we (the Point) will cut you a break (bands all sell tickets directly) to facilitate your presence at our favorite festival.

#29 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

^^ Sounds good. Let me know when you get them.

I meant I can only stay over on Saturday nite...not really a day tripper, but ya you get The Point.

#30 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

...nice poster twilight dancer....this fest is a fest of boardie bands....and the people there, the people who run it, and the people that play...make it awesome....I'm thinking of bringing the old paint and canvas to it this year.....

#31 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

GOP.....

Are you guys gonna be around the fest both days? Always a pleasure to camp with you and Rob.

#32 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Think we will swing the pre-party then maybe we will check out the river this year.:funny1:

#33 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

Oh If i go I'll be there on Thursday

#34 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

GOP.....

Are you guys gonna be around the fest both days? Always a pleasure to camp with you and Rob.

The Point is playing a full two-setter on Long Island the night before our Saturday 7:00pm slot at the might Stonehenge, so we'll be rolling in sometime in the early afternoon Saturday. the good news is that at least a few of us will certainly be camping overnight for a change, into Sunday, so if we can establish a base camp early (motti, royal, dr. rel, kittyrocks, i'm looking in your general direction), we'll be able to reinforce the troops upon our arrival!

#35 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

I think the last to time I seen the Point was on LI @ Sean's Strawberry field!

#36 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

I think the last to time I seen the Point was on LI @ Sean's Strawberry field!

the Point played @ Strawberry Fields?

Has it been that long that I don't remember?

#37 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

the Point played @ Strawberry Fields?

Has it been that long that I don't remember?

It's the fest that moved in the middle of night due to permits. Dynamic something or other. Pretty sure you were there. I could be a bit foggy.

#38 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

It's the fest that moved in the middle of night due to permits. Dynamic something or other. Pretty sure you were there. I could be a bit foggy.

Yeah, that was KGB that performed that day.

BTW, That middle of the night move was punctuated with an impromptu set by Ryan Montbleu...

#39 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, that was KGB that performed that day.

BTW, That middle of the night move was punctuated with an impromptu set by Ryan Montbleu...

Will watch later is this the one in the rain around campfire?

#40 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Will watch later is this the one in the rain around campfire?

Hmm... Not sure.

Basically this was recorded (on my cell) after the police forced DGrooves off the site in Cold Spring Harbor around 8pm. As we were setting up the stage at the new site (Sean's Parent's house) Ryan and his band started performing an acoustic set.
Not long after that heavy rains came and we all ducked under tarps laid over the stage framework and sang and generally had a blast trying to keep dry.

Good times.

#41 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Newtown-Crosby wil not be playing this year due to a conflict. We will catch up with them next year.

#42 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, that was KGB that performed that day. BTW, That middle of the night move was punctuated with an impromptu set by Ryan Montbleu

DancingBearly is correct. The Point was the opening band the morning after the move, Brian Griffin was on the drums, and i've got the CD at home to prove it. the "promoter" and his girlfriend were drunk when bands started arriving in the AM, and in fact the "promoter" wasn't seen without a Blue Point Brew in his hand the entire weekend. he was called out on these very boards for being extraordinarily unhelpful and unprepared, didn't pay any of the local bands who were there, and tried to cut our set short after The Point and KGB together spent two hours drying the stage/establishing the roof and setting up a PA system because the one he'd rented from Joe (Mango) hadn't arrived yet. i turned around and yelled at him that we'd take our full set, thanks, and then Eric from KGB proceeded to use my bass amp and try to make it explode by turning up every knob to 11 after i told him not to touch the settings i had dialed in. i was about to kill someone when the Zen Tricksters arrived, and promptly backed their trailer over the "promoter"'s parents' split-rail fence because there wasn't enough room to angle in and said "promoter" was nowhere to be found. since there was no damage to their trailer, i started laughing uncontrollably, and it made the drive home a lot easier to take.

this is in complete opposition to Stonehenge, which in my short 3 years of experience has always run like clockwork, been filled with positive vibes no matter who the lineup, and been professionally and awesomely pulled off. that's the reason the Point will be returning for our fourth consecutive appearance! thanks, Mug & Spacewoman for being who you are and doing what you do.

Newtown-Crosby wil not be playing this year due to a conflict. We will catch up with them next year.

if that means there's an opening in the schedule, may i humbly suggest Hamburger Hunt gets a nod? they were FANTASTIC last year and have only gotten light-years better. a little birdie told me they were short-listed if just such an opening or two were to come up... :Phishfolk:

#43 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

We are pleased to announce that Hamurger Hunt has indeed been added to the bill!
Unfortunately, The Jack can not make it this year.

#44 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

thanks, Mug & Spacewoman for being who you are and doing what you do. if that means there's an opening in the schedule, may i humbly suggest Hamburger Hunt gets a nod? they were FANTASTIC last year and have only gotten light-years better. a little birdie told me they were short-listed if just such an opening or two were to come up... :Phishfolk:

We are pleased to announce that Hamurger Hunt has indeed been added to the bill!

:Phishfolk: my day, you've made it. thanks, Mug!!!!

#45 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

DancingBearly is correct. The Point was the opening band the morning after the move, Brian Griffin was on the drums, and i've got the CD at home to prove it. the "promoter" and his girlfriend were drunk when bands started arriving in the AM, and in fact the "promoter" wasn't seen without a Blue Point Brew in his hand the entire weekend. he was called out on these very boards for being extraordinarily unhelpful and unprepared, didn't pay any of the local bands who were there, and tried to cut our set short after The Point and KGB together spent two hours drying the stage/establishing the roof and setting up a PA system because the one he'd rented from Joe (Mango) hadn't arrived yet. i turned around and yelled at him that we'd take our full set, thanks, and then Eric from KGB proceeded to use my bass amp and try to make it explode by turning up every knob to 11 after i told him not to touch the settings i had dialed in. i was about to kill someone when the Zen Tricksters arrived, and promptly backed their trailer over the "promoter"'s parents' split-rail fence because there wasn't enough room to angle in and said "promoter" was nowhere to be found. since there was no damage to their trailer, i started laughing uncontrollably, and it made the drive home a lot easier to take.

this is in complete opposition to Stonehenge, which in my short 3 years of experience has always run like clockwork, been filled with positive vibes no matter who the lineup, and been professionally and awesomely pulled off. that's the reason the Point will be returning for our fourth consecutive appearance! thanks, Mug & Spacewoman for being who you are and doing what you do.

Exactly except it was his Granddads property I believe. I was pretty wasted during the move and Ryan M. helped my wife put up our tent. Then he and the band played around the campfire in the rain. The "promoter" soon after left for the west coast to avoid the bands he owed. Funny he just reached out to me via FB last week. :lol:
Stonehenge on the other hand is well run. Mug and Spacewomen know how to throw a kick ass festival yet have fun themselves. :)

#46 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

one of these days we need to make it back to stonehenge
hands down the best vibe of any gathering out there

#47 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

one of these days we need to make it back to stonehenge hands down the best vibe of any gathering out there

this. exactly this.

#48 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

if that means there's an opening in the schedule, may i humbly suggest Hamburger Hunt gets a nod? they were FANTASTIC last year and have only gotten light-years better. a little birdie told me they were short-listed if just such an opening or two were to come up... :Phishfolk:

just saw this...thanks a shit ton buddy!! :gop:

#49 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

just saw this...thanks a shit ton buddy!! :gop:

:angel:

#50 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

hamburger hunt definitely! Thats great! Stonehenge is the best festie out there. Truly a great community.