Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News

Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

'Israeli Mossad agents posed as CIA spies to recruit terrorists to fight against Iran'

Foreign Policy magazine cites CIA memos from 2007-2008 that the Mossad recruited members of Jundallah terror group to fight against Tehran; U.S. was reportedly furious with Israel and moved to limit joint intelligence programs.

Israeli Mossad agents posed as CIA officers in order to recruit members of a Pakistani terror group to carry out assassinations and attacks against the regime in Iran, Foreign Policy revealed on Friday, quoting U.S. intelligence memos.

Foreign Policy's Mark Perry reported that the Mossad operation was carried out in 2007-2008, behind the back of the U.S. government, and infuriated then U.S. President George W. Bush.

Perry quotes a number of American intelligence officials and claims that the Mossad agents used American dollars and U.S. passports to pose as CIA spies to try to recruit members of Jundallah, a Pakistan-based Sunni extremist organization that has carried out a series of attacks in Iran and assassinations of government officials.

http://www.haaretz.c...t-iran-1.407224

#3 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,432 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

dissension must be fierce within the upper ranks of the iranian govt if they can't even protect their own scientists.

the mullah regime needs that bomb for it's own survival.

#4 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'd guess the only way any scientist could be really protected would be if they kept them holed up safe and out of the public or have secret service type guard with each of them 24/7.

I wonder how we do it here.

As for the bomb, as far as I know, at this point in time there's still no evidence of Iran building one. The same can not be said about Israel, who has gone so far as to threaten to use use their own nukes on Iran.

Meanwhile Israel has been working with terrorists, impersonating Americans, assassinating civilians in other countries and endangering American lives all the while pushing us closer and closer towards war.

#5 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Their problem = they love to fight with each other over there

Our problem = we can't seem to stay the fuck out of it

#6 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,432 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

iran's determination to wipe israel off the map combined with the uncertainty that the doctrine of mutually assured destruction may not apply to radical islamists who regularly use suicide to further their own agenda certainly is keeping israel on thin ice.

the james-bond-like antics are fascinating. expect more of the same.

#7 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's seems pretty clear that, with it's assassinations and repeated threats to bomb Iran using whatever means necessary, Israel is more the aggressor in this situation.

There seems to be a lot of uncertainty as to what Ahmadinejad meant when he was quoting Khomeini and he has attempted to clarify.

Clarifying comments
At a news conference on January 14, 2006, Ahmadinejad stated his speech had been exaggerated and misinterpreted.[26] "There is no new policy, they created a lot of hue and cry over that. It is clear what we say: Let the Palestinians participate in free elections and they will say what they want." Speaking at a D-8 summit meeting in July 2008, he denied that his country would ever instigate military action. Instead he claimed that "the Zionist regime" in Israel would eventually collapse on its own.[27][28]

Asked if he objected to the government of Israel or Jewish people, he said that "creating an objection against the Zionists doesn't mean that there are objections against the Jewish". He added that Jews lived in Iran and were represented in the country's parliament.[27]

In a September 2008 interview Ahmadinejad was asked: "If the Palestinian leaders agree to a two-state solution, could Iran live with an Israeli state?" He replied:

If they [the Palestinians] want to keep the Zionists, they can stay ... Whatever the people decide, we will respect it. I mean, it's very much in correspondence with our proposal to allow Palestinian people to decide through free referendums.[29]

Interviewer Juan Gonzalez called the reply "a tiny opening".[29] Another observer however dubbed it an "astonishing" admission "that Iran might agree to the existence of the state of Israel," and a "softening" of Ahmadinejad's "long-standing, point-blank anti-Israeli stance". Australian-born British human rights activist Peter Tatchell asked whether the statement reflected opportunism on Ahmadinejad's part, or an openness by Iran "to options more moderate than his reported remarks about wiping the Israeli state off the map."[30]

http://en.wikipedia....ejad_and_Israel

#8 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Bombers Target Israeli Diplomats in Georgia, India

Assailants targeted Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia in near-simultaneous strikes on Monday, wounding two people in a car bombing in New Delhi, officials said. Israel said an attempted car bombing in Georgia was thwarted.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu swiftly accused archenemy Iran, and its Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah.

"Today we witnessed two attempts of terrorism against innocent civilians," Prime Minister told a gathering of lawmakers from his Likud Party. "Iran is behind these attacks and it is the largest terror exporter in the world." he said.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attacks. But Netanyahu also said Israel had thwarted similar attacks in recent months in Azerbaijan and Thailand.

"In all those cases, the elements behind these attacks were Iran and its protege Hezbollah," he said, vowing to "act with a strong hand against international terror."

More
http://abcnews.go.co...47#.TzkYrhwaCT0

#9 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

This is what covert spy wars look like, yes. Only when one side does it, it's killing innocent civilians. When someone else does it, the charges are much diferent. They should go to war and get on with it and shut up the shit on the international stage. It's like watching the same two children bicker, wrestle and fight on the playground. :rolleyes:

#10 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Soon :wink:

#11 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

So the Israelis government funds terrorists. Don't we usually put economic sanctions on nations that fund terrorist groups? :huh:

That whole location of the world is never going to know peace. :undecided:

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

So the Israelis government funds terrorists. Don't we usually put economic sanctions on nations that fund terrorist groups? :huh:

That whole location of the world is never going to know peace. :undecided:

It's the same 3,000 year old religious fight it's always been. It will never end until one side ends the other. I don't ever see that happening. It's more likely the earth will kick us all out first.

#13 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

This I understand.

Only real hope is that these people eventually evolve enough to not give a shit about anyone else's religion but their own and govern themselves in the absence of religion.

#14 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

yeah and monkeys will fly out of my butt

#15 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

This I understand.

Only real hope is that these people eventually evolve enough to not give a shit about anyone else's religion but their own and govern themselves in the absence of religion.

The fight is mostly over the holy land, rather than the religions themselves. In past times, the two religions and cultures lived peacefully among themselves and even aided one another.

It's all about controlling that piece of land. Or not controlling it, as it were....

#16 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Posted Image

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

Ids that a cigarette ad? :huh: :funny1:

#18 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing, reminded me of watching old movies.

#19 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

With friends like this... :bang:

[B]AP source: Israel won

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Isreal is an independent state. If they want to attack Iran, that is theie business. Just don't come asking for help after the fact when the entire region jumps on top of them. They can handle themselves. Bring home our troops and gear and let them have at it.

I don't see the problem. :dunno:

#21 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,631 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

That's just it, they do ask for help and we're on the hook for billions of dollars for another 10 or so years not including other deals and arrangements we have with them.

An attack by them will undoubtedly bring retaliation our way and any delay in knowing about it endangers American lives.

I agree they can handle themselves and I think they should, I just don't believe they will

#22 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Iran couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an elephant as far as retaliation on the US is concerned. Sure, they can prolly get some nutters to blow themselves up near our overseas embassies and such, but that is pretty common at this point.

If we let Israel go it alone and stand by, (which, we already dun goofed on by imposing yet more harsh sanctions) I don't see what Iran would really be able to accomplish against the US.

Israel should defend itself and go for it if they want war with Iran. We'll grab some popcorn and see what happens.

#23 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

[quote name='Joker']With friends like this... :bang:

[B]AP source: Israel won

#24 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

…as we prop up the Taliban and the like in Syria while Obama pleasures himself ogling his peace price.

#25 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

we need more santorum to play ring around the fecal matter...i hear the arabs have some extra frothy sploog