Photo

have we mentioned lately how MUCH cancer SUCKS!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!

• Please log in to reply
2653 replies to this topic

#201 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

#202 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

(((Nancy)))

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

#203 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

:heart:(((((((((nancy))))))))) :heart:

#204 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

what a day :heart: sending you heaps and heaps of love.

#205 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Tons of love to you Nancy. XO :heart::heart::heart:

#206 Jtwinkle

Jtwinkle
  • VibeTribe
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

:heart::heart::heart::heart: love always

#207 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,074 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Mother fudge! Sounds like you've got a good plan. Rooting for the complete eradication of cells that have no business camping in bas-relief Nancyland proper. :heart:

#208 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

ohhh, eyelashes. :(

liked dr. p, liked the nurse, steve. got a rough outline of a plan for treatment that doesn't sound even a little pleasant but no final opinion can be formed until the nodes come back. everyone agrees there's a couple big lumps in there but that it's possible they're just acting up because of the surgery. yes. because clearly that IS my luck, is it not? :P because CLEARLY, i do things half way. :P

and if i remember correctly, scalia might be able to do surgery this week. :undecided: fast. :undecided: although sometimes he says that and it doesn't happen, i'm told he was pretty darned happy that i changed my mind. and all because this dr k guy goes on vacation. i have the worst timing with my dr's and vacation, i must say. :plain:

so i guess i'll be taking more pics of my boob soon so i can remember it. and my eyelashes...... and my hair!

scalia did a fabulous job so far, there is hardly any scar there at all, although this next one is going to be a whopper, of course. :(

eesh. g'night. :heart:

#209 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

When will you know if the surgery is this week or in March? Wow this is happening so fast...

(((Nancy)))

The cats send their love too :heart:

#210 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

tomorrow around 9am. i missed the call from scalia's office while i was at dr p's!!! again i miss a call!!!! :bang: so she comes in at 9 and i'll call her then. there's probably no real delay, they were closing for the day when she called me.

oh, and olga hugged me tonight!!! rushed over when i came in my dad's house and hugged me all teary eyed. hmm. okay, support is good.

i like your guys' support better. thank you. love you. :) :heart:

#211 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

:smile:

#212 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

<3 <3 <3 ((((((Nancy))))) <3 <3 <3

#213 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

Nancy we love you! Sarah is right health first. Best care vibes! :heart:

#214 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

i dont really know what to say tonight, other than that I care about you a whole lot and I pray every day for your health. May God's love be with you. :heart:

#215 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,074 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Nancy we love you! Sarah is right health first. Best care vibes! :heart:

Hey, those were Nancy's words. :lol: :heart: She's much better than me at that health first stuff. Kick ass, Nancy. :jam:

#216 Mutant

Mutant
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

Continued love and healing vibes flowing westward to you, Nancy. :heartbounce:

#217 Cheezdude

Cheezdude
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

I will continue to send good vibes. Your strength is inspiring. Wishing you the best.
(((((((NancyKind))))))) :heart:

#218 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hey, those were Nancy's words. :lol: :heart: She's much better than me at that health first stuff. Kick ass, Nancy. :jam:

i thought they were TEO's! :lol:

whooooooo. mornin'. :sad: i don't think i can do it this week......... i just don't think i can................ :cry:

#219 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

:Coping & strength. :heart: I've seen you be strong when others were depending on you so I know you have it in you. If it helps we're depending on you so better just hobble through this!:coffee:
Edit to add I meant the week. As for the surgery you have to do whats best for Nancy even if that means putting it off until your ready.

#220 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

i thought they were TEO's! :lol:

whooooooo. mornin'. :sad: i don't think i can do it this week......... i just don't think i can................ :cry:

Do it when you are ready Nancy. Getting a date for surgery this week is so very quick and you need time to allow yourself to adjust to it all. Taking care of you is also allowing yourself time to be emotionally prepared and you need time for that! XO

#221 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,432 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

you're a very strong woman, nancy. you'll figure out what's best for you.

love ya :heart:

#222 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

ok, the man has GOT to stop saying he can do things this week when he can't! :bang:

the 24th is my date. whew, i'm breathing again!! :D

#223 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Glad you have a date so you can plan accordingly. :heart:

#224 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Thinking of you~

http://t1.gstatic.co...hf6HWdzm7-O1lnQ

#225 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

:heart: You are a strong and amazing woman, you will get through this! :heart:
We're all taking deep breaths with you

#226 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

so beautiful, thank you.

oncologist is going to call scalia to see why not till the 24th. i have to admit i didn't ask too many questions.

#227 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,995 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Thinking of you.

someone posted this - just sending info that might have a grain of info to further your healing (and possibly some falsehoods so take it for what it might be worth)

:heart:

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY

#228 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

^^ hi china. i saw this on facebook too, and shared it with her on there! great minds think alike!

hey darlin nancy!! miss you! hope you're holding up well, and staying as positive as you can! i know you are! love ya! :heart:
have a flower! :rose:

#229 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

hmmm, by quick glance that seems to go along with my no sugar high alkaline diet i've mentioned. the only issue dr p had with that was not enough fats and he said he could tell by looking at me that i was going to have trouble maintaining my weight. but, right now i am eating high alkaline goji berries. :) thank you. :)

i would like to speak to the person who declines chemo and radiation after diagnosis and to follow their (hopefully) progress though. i think at this point i am looking at combining a couple of approaches. :thup:

they want me out of work for 4 months, too.................... :undecided:

#230 soulshiny

soulshiny
  • VibeTribe
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

when I can't get a hold of you I am thankful to come here and get your update for today! :heart: call me later if you want to talk.

#231 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

are avocados considered high alkaline? certain nuts? if so, incorporating them into your diet could help you maintain your weight for sure.

good luck with all your dr's appointments! & remember that you are much stronger than you think. deep breathes, one day at a time, you can do this :)

a quick search seems to show that avocados & almonds are on the alkaline side. here's a link to a pretty extensive food chart, maybe it'll help
http://www.rense.com...ns/acidalka.htm

Edited by jnjn, 08 February 2012 - 08:52 PM.
added link

#232 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

avocados are highly alkaline, yes. i'm going to try to learn to like them. :)

i think all nuts were good, i seem to recall pistachios being mentioned in particular.

#233 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

and i had a WONDERFUL swedish massage today! what a treat for someone who normally gets massage therapy. :thup:

i also want to get facials every month, i'm trying to think of ways to spoil myself. oooh, maybe i'll finally get a mani/pedi!! :D

#234 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

more vibes for you Nancy :heart::heart:

definitely treat yourself when you can, little things that you do for yourself can help keep you sane throughout this :)

#235 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Love coming your way each and every day. :heart:

#236 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

and i had a WONDERFUL swedish massage today! what a treat for someone who normally gets massage therapy. :thup:

i also want to get facials every month, i'm trying to think of ways to spoil myself. oooh, maybe i'll finally get a mani/pedi!! :D

Mani/Pedi? Go for it!

Facials rule :thup:

#237 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nancy if you're about to go on chemo my advice would be to pig out now on all the foods you normally avoid, while you still can eat without feeling sick, and try to gain a little weight if you can.

Have you thought about blogging about your experiences? My FIL keeps a cancer blog and even though not a lot of people read it (I may be one of like 3) I know it helps him a lot to get his thoughts out there, and to write about everything he's going through. http://jimallen-lung...s.blogspot.com/

#238 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,074 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Love you, Nancy. If you're due for a dental visit in the next year or so, it would be a good idea to let your dentist say hello to your smile some time soon.

#239 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Nancy if you're about to go on chemo my advice would be to pig out now on all the foods you normally avoid, while you still can eat without feeling sick, and try to gain a little weight if you can.

Have you thought about blogging about your experiences? My FIL keeps a cancer blog and even though not a lot of people read it (I may be one of like 3) I know it helps him a lot to get his thoughts out there, and to write about everything he's going through. http://jimallen-lung...s.blogspot.com/

Thankk you for sharing that blog:heart:

Nancy, I've been thinking about you very much--please remember how many people love you and care about you!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

#240 B. Real

B. Real
  • VibeTribe
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thinking and praying and wishing for a healthy you Nancy. So very sorry, but you are wise and strong, and I have no doubts that you will overcome these challenges. :heart::heart::heart:

#241 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Love you, Nancy. If you're due for a dental visit in the next year or so, it would be a good idea to let your dentist say hello to your smile some time soon.

had an appt for tuesday but messed up so i am rescheduled for friday morning now. not expecting any issues, so that's good. :)

#242 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

:heart: :heart: :heart:

#243 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,074 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

Cool. :jam:

#244 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

thought you'd like that timing. :)

i might try to bulk up a little Rel.... i don't want to eat crap though..... :undecided:

#245 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

#246 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

hey you! hugs and love for you today! (((((nancykind))))) :heart::heart::heart:
and...here's a flower! :rose:
have a loverlie day!

#247 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Good morning Nancy :smile:

Bulk up on high calorie, non-crappy food ;)

#248 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

suggestions? i'm going to have to learn to eat with no appetite anyway, but what is fattening and good for you?

#249 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,432 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

hi nancy! :heart:

did you ask if there is a dietitian at the hospital that can individualize a plan for you based on your specifics:

Laboratory analysis of the blood

#250 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

:heart:
A vegan restaurant in North Providence makes this blackbean/butternut squash quesadilla that is soooooo so so so amazingly good. We're big meat eaters, and we still crave this vegetarian meal.
Heres a link to a recipe http://www.twobluele...uesadillas.html
I usually make up the rice, black beans and roast the cubed squash and then assemble into cheesy tortillas then toast on the stove (who am I kidding, Bizzle is responsible for the assembly) But I prep. Oh I love blackbeans mmm with roasted red peppers, onion and garlic :drool:

Whole wheat tortillas *if GF, use your favorite GF tortilla
Grated jack cheese (or whatever you like, cheddar would be good!) (it IS good)
Ripe avocado, cubed
Black beans, rinsed (Recipe calls for plain black beans, but I make mine like I'm making black beans and rice)
1 butternut squash, roasted (sliced into 1/2" cubes, tossed in olive oil, salt & pepper - roasted at 425 for 30 minutes or until soft and slightly brown around the edges)
Salsa
Hot sauce

We also put rice in ours- totally unnecessary, but delicious
Posted Image
evidence.

I've also made an egg salad with avocado and it was deeerishus! (if a little funky looking :funny1:)