Photo

have we mentioned lately how MUCH cancer SUCKS!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!

• Please log in to reply
2653 replies to this topic

#151 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

~~Many many good vibes to you:heart:~~Love~Light~Peace~~

http://t0.gstatic.co...jZ-zoFF79ITGyBx

#152 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

thank you everyone. :) today is the calmest day so far, that's for sure!! :)

my sister pointed out to me that my mom died just 2 months after her cancer diagnosis, so that is probably why my dad's freaking out a bit. i'd forgotten for the moment how quickly that happened and how he must have felt and what he would have thought, when he heard my news.

#153 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

(((Nancy, Dad & family))) :heart:

That makes a lot of sense regarding your dad and his initial reactions.

#154 gMONEY

gMONEY
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

much love and good vibes for you, nancy. :heart:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
so sorry to hear this so late have not been around the boards much I have been dealing with my dad's cancer. I wish you a the best dear love you much <3 <3 <3

#155 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

love you too G, thank you!!! :) hope YOU are doing okay, too. that's very stressful, i know. :heart:

and you're not late at all, i just found out on tuesday. besides, good wishes like yours are always timely. :) :heart:

Edited by nancykind, 04 February 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#156 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 424 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

That's from both Allie and I, Nancy...stay strong :heart:

#157 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

:heart::heart::heart::heart: Healing Vibes to you Nancy :heart::heart::heart::heart:
You are one KIND girl, may all your genorosity and good spirits be returned to you 3 fold now!!

I HATE Cancer and I would like to kick Cancers Ass!!

#158 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

well i will surely appreciate your cheering me on while i do so!! :) thanks marc and allie too, it will be extra sweet to see you at vibes this year :)

#159 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,002 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Nancy... Remember you are not special because of the cancer. You were special before and will be special after. You are gonna beat this. You are greater than the cancer. You will beat this. Sending you love.

#160 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

ha! certainly not me! :lol: this is my therapy at the moment though. you people are keeping me sane!!!!! :panic: :) my boss on the other hand is apparently in total denial! (which i'm finding kind of funny! )

#161 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

Couldn't say it any better than Royal just did. Lisandra sends her love and well wishes along with mine.:heart:

#162 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Sending you my prayers and wishes to kick this thing in the butt!!! You have a lot of courage Nancy. You're right, it SUCKS.

#163 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

much love sweetheart.....

always here if you need us

#164 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

ha! certainly not me! :lol: this is my therapy at the moment though. you people are keeping me sane!!!!!

The boards really do help during trying times, and most if us here have be fortunate to have benefited from it.

We'll keep you sane... well, as sane as any of us. :funny1:

Love you Nancy! :heart:

jim

#165 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Thinking of you this morning.

The company I'm now working for has a really innovative product for soft tissue tumor ablation. I think they mostly use it for liver or pancreatic cancers, where they aren't able to go in and operate- so it might not apply. But I know you will get the BEST care and you're gonna kick its ass! Xoxo

#166 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hope you find some time to relax with the kittehs today :)

#167 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I haven't been on much and am so sorry to read what you're going through Nancy. Sending you lots and lots of love:heart:

#168 Creekie

Creekie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Nancy... Remember you are not special because of the cancer. You were special before and will be special after. You are gonna beat this. You are greater than the cancer. You will beat this. Sending you love.

this brought tears to my eyes Ry. And it is so true. :heart:

#169 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Nancy, I admire your courage. Strength to you.

#170 Jodi

Jodi
  • VibeTribe
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

i know i'm not around here all that much anymore but i find myself stopping by just checking on you nancy. you are very much in my thoughts <3

#171 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

my thanks to you all. i've thought of you often with the passing of time Jodi, and i hope you are well and enjoying yourself. :) :heart:

got a lot of organizing done yesterday, printed out that gene analysis i had done last year. they need the one on the breast mutation gene - would run it if i hadn't done so already! - and want to see the rest of the report, too. funny how things work out sometimes....

i made up my (pink!) binder with all the pockets and dividers in it, and my calendar and my notebook and my scratch pad and a pencil/sticky tab etc holding zipper pouch that i punched binder ring holes in, and i even made a holder for the treatment workbook so that it doesn't slide out the bottom of the binder. :blush: i used tie dye duct tape where i need to tape something to the binder and on the front i have a sheet protector where i can slide "to-do" and other quick reminders and things, in and out easily. it's absolutely nancykind, all over. :funny1: and i made a study area in the dining room, and did some cleaning and organizing around the house a bit.

today is laundry and study study study day and that's it. just taking a break to eat someting. :)

#172 reba

reba
  • VibeTribe
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

#173 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

have you checked out http://www.naturalnews.com/ . you'll find some very interesting stuff on there.
love ya! :heart:
here's a flower for ya! :rose:

#174 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

i will check that one out, thank you!! :)

so the tumor marker does not show up in my blood test, which means nothing in the short term and nothing in the treatment plan, it means that i get mammograms and MRIs, alternating every six months, for monitoring once all this is behind me, whereas my current understanding is that someone who has a clearly defined marker would only get those done once a year, and a blood test at the other 6 month interval. i think. :thup:

#175 DF

DF
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

i will check that one out, thank you!! :)

so the tumor marker does not show up in my blood test, which means nothing in the short term and nothing in the treatment plan, it means that i get mammograms and MRIs, alternating every six months, for monitoring once all this is behind me, whereas my current understanding is that someone who has a clearly defined marker would only get those done once a year, and a blood test at the other 6 month interval. i think. :thup:

This sounds like good news..:heart::heart: no?

#176 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

ya know, i'm not hatin' it. extra gamma rays for the cost of a copay that provides extra assurance..... maybe it's a toss up......... :dunno:

Edited by nancykind, 06 February 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#177 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

bobby approves of your bindering choices :)
thinking of you.
loving you.
Posted Image

#178 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hoping for a speedy recover Nancy ! swift healing and lots of light

food for thought - Dr. Andrew Weil and Eating - Third Edition have lots of interesting thoughts on cancer cures / prevention I have read over the years since my father was diagnosed. Key seems to be that the body can heal itself given the right opportunity, always made sense to me.

http://www.drweil.com/

http://www.amazon.co...sl_9fsu2c6owh_e

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

#179 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Just stopping in to let you know you're in my thoughts everyday Nancy. And I'm amazed at how organized you are through this!

#180 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

thanks bobby! :D and Rayne. :)

i agree mayfly, and while in theory now is the time to decide, i don't really have time, either.......... catch-22. all i can do is the best i can do.

i don't feel organized Matt, but thanks. :) maybe tomorrow. bought a digi recorder today, thought that might help me at some point, too.

#181 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Great idea, that way you can re-listen to what your Drs. and other medical professionals tell you, as generally it is so much all at one it can make the head spin.

:heart::heart::heart:

#182 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,382 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

hi! i love you. :heart: :)

#183 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

hi. i love you too! :) :heart:

#184 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

sooooo did i mention i found a lump in my armpit? yeahhh. on saturday. and did i mention that i'm having a TON of stabbing pains in one particular area of mah boob? yeahhh. was just a few a day over the weekend, but not today. so i'm a thinkin' that something got left behind and i'm def gonna get more taken out. just about where the big giant lump ended and damn that's a bad spot. poop.

#185 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

Nancy you are so organized. I love you so! It's like Nancyland in a binder :heart:

Boo Hiss to the pain in your pit! Luckily you're very aware and are proactive :heart:

#186 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,002 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

~~~wishing Nancy calm, restful sleep tonight~~~

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart:
:heart::heart::heart:
:heart::heart:
:heart:

#187 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,094 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I hear you loud and clear, Nancy. :heart: Sending you courage and recovery and healing and the best doctors, surgeons and medical personnel / support systems ever.

Some simple paragraphs on lymphoma for curious non-scientific types: http://www.lymphoma.com/page1.php
This site has forums, too. Hoping with every bit of me that they can get get all of the unwelcome cells out. If you decide to come down to Sloan-Kettering, please get your butt down here and please don't be shy about asking for local support of any kind, while you're down this way. :heart:

#188 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

must have worked Ryan, i slept pretty well last night. not enough, but well. :) first appt is the surgeon at 9:10am today. yikes.

#189 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Love and light Nancy...you'll kick this!

#190 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Love love love love LOVE to you! :heart:

#191 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,094 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Glad you got some rest. Mentally in virtual Nancyland reading up on phytonutrient-rich nutrition and stuff.

#192 rock n roll goddess

rock n roll goddess
  • VibeTribe
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHighland NY

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

:heart:((((((((LOVE,LIGHT,BLESSINGS ~NANCYKIND~BLESSINGS,LIGHT,LOVE))))))))):heart:

#193 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

{{{{Nancy}}}}

#194 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

guess what nanc! i love you! :heart:
guess what else! i'm praying for you every day! :rose:

#195 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,434 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

hoping for good news at the surgeon today nancy.

your courage is commendable! :heart:

Posted Image

#196 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

(((Nancy))) :heart:

#197 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

<3 <3 <3 <3

#198 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

:heart:

#199 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

bah. modified radical mastectomy, the #$%^&*( margins were NOT clear. not a single margin was clear. i can't WAIT to find out why my patient navigator told me they were. he could if i wanted, do another lumpectomy that's sort of half a mastectomy but those margins could very well have cancer as well because there WAS NO DEFINITE EDGE TO THE GOD DAMN GIANT PAINFUL LUMP. and i'm not very big, so several lumpectomies aren't really suitable for me in the first place.

i definitely need chemo as the tumor is feeding on me, not hormones and not the protein. also my Ki67 protein is very high so the cells that got left behind are dividing and growing at a very fast rate, not good. (i knew it was fast growing because i WATCHED it grow, mind you....)

not sure of my plan just yet, right now i have surgery 3/8 so that i can consult on reconstruction beforehand but right this minute i'm now leaning towards F the reconstruction until after treatment is done, whenever that may be. if i can take evening primrose oil through treatment then by the time i'm done the fibrous tissue should be reduced and at the very least, the plastic surgeon is trying to match my real breast not a fibrous tissue filled breast AND we get the cancer removed sooner AND i can start radiation/chemo sooner.

ugh. :undecided: oncologist shortly. :tongue:

Edited by nancykind, 08 February 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#200 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nancy, that sounds prudent. Health first :heart: