Photo

have we mentioned lately how MUCH cancer SUCKS!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!

• Please log in to reply
2632 replies to this topic

#1401 SunSyl

SunSyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

<3

#1402 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Whoah, halfway there ... :jam: :heart: :dance:

#1403 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

my mom isnt an ogre but every time i mention trials and tribulations to her, she lays the "its only the devil, trying to make you doubt god" and "i think all you need is to go back to church and your life will be perfect" lines on me i limit the :rolleyes: i feel cuz i left the church at age 15 for a reason! :plain: usually, i just nod politely and change the subject or just find a good reason to leave she means well but its reallllllly annoying :bang: hope you are having a good day nancy :heart:

see that's the thing. god never ever promised our life would be perfect. in fact, just the opposite, he promised us trials and tribulations if we follow him. where these people get the idea of this "prosperity gospel" i'll never know. doesn't come from the bible.

sorry. don't wanna go off on this in my dear nancy's thread.

nancy darlin! hope your day finds you in good spriits, rashless, without nausea, and feeling the love coming at ya from all of us beautiful people! :heart: :heart: :heart:

#1404 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

good morning. :) and thanks :)

i am doing soooooo good today! :dunno: very little nausea, so far anyway. good appetite, i'm drinking lots of water. sound healing??? :huh: :dunno: :shocked:

nice, though. really nice. and i do have the wristbands on :) :thup: have an awesome day everyone. :heart:

#1405 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

i am doing soooooo good today! :dunno: very little nausea, so far anyway. good appetite, i'm drinking lots of water.

So happy to hear it! :)
:dance: :bananasdance3: :thumbsup:

#1406 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,844 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Glad you are having a good day Nancy!

:)

#1407 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,396 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

good morning nancy!

your post brightened my day! glad to hear you're feeling well today. i hope it continues!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

#1408 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

hi nancy. glad to hear you are feeling well and keeping such a positive spirit. also sounds like handled this ogre a lot better than i would have!

#1409 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

glad to hear you're feeling well today, nancy :)

#1410 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

good morning. :) and thanks :)

i am doing soooooo good today! :dunno: very little nausea, so far anyway. good appetite, i'm drinking lots of water. sound healing??? :huh: :dunno: :shocked:

nice, though. really nice. and i do have the wristbands on :) :thup: have an awesome day everyone. :heart:

Really happy to hear you're having a good day and are already halfway through your treatments!! The finish line is getting close!!! <3

#1411 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Glad to hear you're doing better nancy! :bliss: :)

#1412 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

i am doing soooooo good today!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

#1413 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Phil rockin the wristband

Posted Image

hooray for beautiful days! :)

#1414 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

i didn't even take my anti nausea pill this morning and i still feel really good. :bliss: so happy for myself, thank you all for yours. :heart:

i had to stop at the hospital, went to see a friend at the health food store and went out to breakfast so i am going to go read and rest for a bit but i feel great. sharie stood back and took a good look at me and said i don't even look sick at all. i was wearing my "serious hair" wig which helped but still. a super great day so far. :dance:

#1415 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

3 weeks till we are on the mtn, nancy :dance:

#1416 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

you know Dee, i'm seriously thinking about having mr sound healer come that week before even though it's not a treatment week. i hate to 'waste' one but this is IMPORTANT!!!! :ravn: :)

#1417 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

happy for you that you are having such a good day. :)
Posted Image

#1418 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

you know Dee, i'm seriously thinking about having mr sound healer come that week before even though it's not a treatment week. i hate to 'waste' one but this is IMPORTANT!!!! :ravn: :)

you are a wise woman, i would do what your inclination is
you have been doing well by listening to your bodys needs so far :thup:
tell him warren and a few dozen of his friends will be providing the 4 day music therapy chaser :dance:

cant wait for you to see the walking sticks
i have a feeling i know which one you will choose but i am just happy you will be getting one of these special sticks
they come with their own guardian angel :heart:
i had a dream the other night and jack (the guy who made the sticks - RIP :heart: ) told me that you were an excellent choice to have one of them :smile:

i cant wait to be at mtn jam
it will be therapeutic for us both
cant wait to have beverages with you in the morning on our deck
cant wait to be on our hillside spot on the mtn
i just need it bad and i am THRILLED you are going! :bliss:
i am, however, worried about me coming in at 3 am and waking you up :lol:
i try so hard to be quiet :blush:

#1419 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

well, you KNOW what a good sleeper i am. and i've been keeping some different hours m'self lately, so who knows what will happen. i have to stay out of sun too - found a great deal on one of those sun-brella things or whatever they're called - so we'll see what happens. after sunset might just be mah tiiiime. :pimp: :lol:

#1420 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

do you have a sun hat?
i could bring mine and let you use it...its really wide brimmed but light and breathes well
it has an official spf of 50
it has saved my ass at vibes :lol:

#1421 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

couldn't hurt. i have one big cotton one but it's red and not my favorite. :blush: thanks!! :D :heart:

#1422 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Glad you're having a great day, Nancy!!! :D

#1423 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

and the walking sticks sound really special Dee. :heart:

#1424 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

they are special
remind me at the condo - i want to tell you about jack
i looked for a pic of him but couldnt find it
but he put a self-portrait on all his canes and walking sticks
he looked like the gortons fisherman :lol: :heart:

can you do me a favor and shoot me a PM the week before mtn jam and remind me to bring the hat? i would be really upset if i forgot it
its a nice bone color so it will match any scarves or purple wigs :rose:

#1425 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

for reasons you'll have to remind ME to tell you in person, i love the gorton's fisherman!!! :lmao:

#1426 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

for reasons you'll have to remind ME to tell you in person, i love the gorton's fisherman!!! :lmao:

Oh, I think prolly you oughta tell all of us, prolly. :mrgreen:

#1427 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

OMG - Nancy is all schmoopie for the Gorton's Fisherman!!!

Spill it, girl! :boardie:

#1428 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Nancy and the Gorton's fisherman sitting in a tree....

:funny1:

#1429 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,816 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Nancy and the Gorton's fisherman sitting in a tree.... :funny1:

F-I-S-H-I-N-G? :dunno:

:funny1:

#1430 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

#1431 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

hey sexy...how YOU doin'? :naughty:

#1432 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,013 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

get outta my head woman! :carla: :lol:

#1433 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

http://www.orientalt...4&ci_sku=15/463

just sayin'

#1434 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

I came in to share some love and ended up laughing loudly at work (a library)
So thank you for the beauty and laughter Nancy & boardies, you all are some very special people.
<3

#1435 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

:lol: i love that you each got one of him looking in opposite directions!

real action shots! :lol:

#1436 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,973 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Love, Light & Healing <3

#1437 sneakyjack

sneakyjack
  • VibeTribe
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

:bouncey:

#1438 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

if you think it will help you feel better its no waste! besides, you'd be supporting the economy... right? double good! ;)

#1439 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Good morning beautiful!

I hope today is a good day :)

#1440 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

hungry! :) had oatmeal and a mineola orange, about to go back for something else. and my digestion is moving right along even without any supplements for the first time since chemo started. :dunno: i'm very happy

not sure i mentioned that during the sound therapy my stomach and gut gurgled quite a bit. i noticed it at the time and wondered if it was related. weird. :dunno:

#1441 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,207 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Good morning Nancy. If the Gorton's fisherman was 10 years younger I'd be into him too.

#1442 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

#1443 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,207 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Now their looking longingly at themselves.

#1444 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

They want to make a Nancy sandwich. :naughty:

#1445 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

hooray for hunger! :D

#1446 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

no, it's stormy!!!! :lol:

#1447 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

hey stormy! soooo....got yourself a couple of hot fisherman, huh? you go, girl!!
hope you have a great day today, and catch something really big! ....i mean, if size matters. :funny1:

#1448 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hey Nance. Sending you a big ole' virtual hug right now. Looking forward to the next time its real <3

#1449 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

oooh yeah, elder hugs!! :crazy: :) at least i get joe cool's at mt jam. :thup: sooooooooo, i'm getting some pressure to post about a fundraiser that some real person friends here are putting on. here's the background and anyone's welcome to come, i have a big yard for camping, some floor space and Pete and Sandi, to whom you will be introduced momentarily, have tons of room too. it's the wednesday night after Vibes though, so it won't be easy for too many boardies to attend i could guess, so i'll just put it out there and leave it. i hope you'll come if you want to though. it's mostly for the spirit of the thing because there's no charge to attend!! :tongue1:

Play For Ray - my dear friend Ray Jett was diagnosed with alzheimer's on his 50th b.day. Ray Jett had the hugest heart, had boundless energy, he was an amazing musician and played the bass like a mofo. he was able to live at home for a long time but has had to be in a nursing home with constant care for some years now. Ray owned our local head shop, currently called Alternative Silvermine, Sandi took over, and now her daughter runs it. it's an awesome shop and is across the road from where this event is happening, and they have another shop in lake george, and in key west i think still, too. Sandi's two daughters are also helping with the event, as are many other folks as well. Pete is a local originally, but now lives in key west and plays at sloppy joes. so if you ever go to key west, go see him play there as "pete 'n wayne". wayne is nice too.

here is the link for the event, there's a pic of Ray on the front page too
https://www.facebook...98657506825825/

Play For Ray is held at a bar in downtown GF, a few miles from my house, called Sandy's Clam Bar. it's been around forever and had a wild reputation back in its early days. i found a fb page under https://www.facebook...100002138952562

the date for this year is weds, july 25th. while there are bands scheduled to play, it's basically a gigantic jam session and anyone who wants to bring an instrument and jam are MORE than welcome to. that's really really important to Pete that i put that out there. they loooove jamming!! there are people all over that stage, coming and going all night, so it's really open as far as that goes. there is also a silent auction.

one of the earliest bands made up of friends that we all used to go see play locally was called "crispy critters" and these nights are generally known now as "critter reunions". there's some huge hearts and talent in that band and they and all the following incarnations of bands that have spawned since then have brought us some great times over the decades. it's an early start because they want to make sure i can be there at least for a while and Crispy Critters plays first, and then Half Step. i believe some of you have seen Half Step play at harvest fest, if not elsewhere, we also have a boardie in that band (though i don't think he's posted recently) and they have camped in boardie camping too, so it's like they are already family!

not sure what else to post about if offhand…. if there are any questions i can try to answer them or go to the Play for Ray page and ask Sandi, too. Sandi also has a fb page for Ray, there's a couple pics of Pete on it right now. https://www.facebook...62#!/ray.jett.7

soooooo, i did it. thanks for reading, i love you.

#1450 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,973 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

:heart: