Photo

have we mentioned lately how MUCH cancer SUCKS!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!

• Please log in to reply
2667 replies to this topic

#1351 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,503 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

((jim and family))
((Nancy))
((Anyone else who needs))

#1352 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

my numbers were good enough, for an off-week. they're going to use ice gloves on me from here on out because if my fingers hurt now they're concerned about what the change to taxol in a few weeks will do. the theory is that almost frozen cells can't absorb the meds as much and the side effect can be lessened. worth a shot. the feet she thinks might be a skin issue, she says the heels looks a little dry. i'm to do a rich cream lotion with socks for a week or so and see if they don't feel less sore. if they don't we can do ice boots during treatment. :funny1: then i went in to work for a while and said hello to folks. the president's (Jim) wife is on comfort care at the hospital which i knew, they unhooked her feeding tubes two weeks ago and are playing the horrible waiting game. today i found out that his 40something year old son killed himself last week. he shot himself in his car in his dad's driveway but fortunately a visiting aunt found him and not Jim. my heart is so sad for this family. they haven't announced it and plan to do both funerals at one time, they think the mother would want that. just awful awful awful.... :undecided:

wow! "i complained when i had no shoes til i met a man that had no feet."
that is so horrible. my heart goes out to that guy and his family. ♥

#1353 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

<3 much love nancy <3

you rock, lady!
:beard:

#1354 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Been a while since I added my $.02... but still pulling for you and sending &amp;--#60;3

Posted Image
It's a big month for the F@%K Cancer message.

#1355 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,601 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

pssst, nancy...28 days till some "music on the mountain" therapy :wink: :ura1:

#1356 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

pssst, nancy...28 days till some "music on the mountain" therapy :wink: :ura1:

^^^ this!! yayyyy!!!
hope your friday treats you well! you sure are looking good! ;) happy, feel good vibes coming at ya! :heart:

#1357 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just wanted to stop in and send some <3

#1358 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,433 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Good morning Nancy!

:)

#1359 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Nancy! :heart:

#1360 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Happy Friday!
Hope you're holding up well
<3 ((Nancy)) <3

#1361 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

doing okay thank you everyone! :heart: i have massage therapy and i'm getting my mohawk clipped today. did i mention i have stubble that forms a mohawk up the top of my head? and even though i can sort of pull it out, it keeps growing at the same time. weird. the rest of my head is super patchy and while i'm surprised it's taking this long to bald completely, it would get so thin you couldn't really not cut it early, either. i tell ya, there is just no good way to have your hair fall out this way. :plain:

but i bought purple birks yesterday! :crazy: i started out cushy sock shopping because of my sore feet at this great store up at the outlets called 'sox market' - they even had my dad's diabetic sox and the elusive men's 14-16 size sox for when his feet get really bad - and the shoe store next door carries birks so i decided to see what they had and lo and behold they had these awesome purple ones. miiiine! :crazy: they were sent just one pair per size so my timing was perfect. my poor old paisley birks have to go to the shoe shop to see if there is anything that can be done to save the straps and my other ones need the footbed fixed. monday or tuesday i'll have to do that i guess. and i still have to get my snow tires swapped out and get an oil change.

i drove the highway today from exit 19 to exit 18 which is only a few miles. it was a beautiful day and i haven't driven that fast in a lonnng time it seems and it felt exhilarating. isn't that sad? :funny1: it almost felt like a little road trip or somethin' there for a minute. it was good, anyway. :)

#1362 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

...it was a beautiful day and i haven't driven that fast in a lonnng time it seems and it felt exhilarating. isn't that sad? :funny1: it almost felt like a little road trip or somethin' there for a minute. it was good, anyway. :)

Not sad. Beautiful. A moment of joy, sounds like.

:heart: you.

#1363 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Not sad. Beautiful. A moment of joy, sounds like. :heart: you.

this.
<3

#1364 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,839 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

It's not sad at all that you enjoyed the drive Nancy. It''s good news that you were able to do so. When I was at the depths of my mental illness (2003-2004) drives to the country with my mom were a life saving experience.

#1365 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Not sad. Beautiful. A moment of joy, sounds like. :heart: you.

:heart: you. :)

#1366 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Purple birks!? Awesome!

#1367 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi Nancy! :)

#1368 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hellow! <3 Is it sunny and prettyful in Nancyland today?

#1369 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Howdy!

#1370 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,503 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I love that part of the northway. Such nice people up there. :) <3

#1371 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

all is peaceful - except for these fucking hives!!!! :gah: :bang: :lol: at least my body is smart enough to tell me out loud that 'hey, these drugs are hurting me!' i'm supposed to drink a detoxing tea and do castor oil packs with flannel, on my liver. :thup:

#1372 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,433 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hopefully those hives will go away quickly! Glad your body is fighting back though. That's excellent!

:)

#1373 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

our bodies know their stuff, don't they! so glad to hear the natural stuff your doing to help overcome the poisons they have to put in you! i'm sure it all helps out!
much love! good vibes! prayer! and lots more love! :heart:

#1374 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

it was interesting, the acupuncturist said the hives outline the liver and gallbladder routes, drink the tea and do the compress. the PA at the hospital (my oncologist is on vacation) said she can't say exactly what is, or why it's, happening but that my body 'doesn't like something' and take benadryl, a double dose to start. interesting.

the only reason i went to the hospital is because they said they'd have to see it before guessing as to whether a delay in treatment would be necessary and i wanted to know - i don't want ANY delays!

#1375 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,433 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

My mom gets hives from her cancer treatment sometimes.... She is on Revlamid. Antihistamines usually do the trick for her. :thup:

#1376 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hives go away vibes! Purple is my favorite color!

#1377 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,855 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hi from a few blocks away :heart:

#1378 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

There are also herbal patent formulas that can do what Benadryl does. Biyan Pian comes to mind, but EmmaJean will be able to tell you if there is one she feels is appropriate, if what she already recommended doesn't make them go away. (And, hi. I love you. I think of you daily, even if i'm not posting all the time.)

#1379 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Morning Nancy. Thinking of ya. Hope the hives clear up and you have no delays!!

<3

#1380 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

((((Nancy)))) :heart:

#1381 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

(((((((((((((((((((((((Nancy)))))))))))))))))))))

#1382 nique

nique
  • VibeTribe
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi Nance:)

Yay Nancy!! Yay Nancy's Liver!! Hope the only thing you're scratching is a winning lottery ticket! :)

I loved reading about your little road trip and your purple perks! Would love to hear how it's going over there tonight!
Hope you just put a note on the door, and didn't actually warn your neighbors. Make sure there's no lighters on the
porch first lol! Keep it up and kick cancers sucky ass again tomorrow! Half way there ain't bad <3

#1383 nique

nique
  • VibeTribe
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yay Nancy!! Yay Nancy's Liver!! Hope the only thing you're scratching is a winning lottery ticket! :)

I loved reading about your little road trip and your purple perks! Would love to hear how it's going over there tonight!
Hope you just put a note on the door, and didn't actually warn your neighbors. Make sure there's no lighters on the
porch first lol! Keep it up and kick cancers sucky ass again tomorrow! Half way there ain't bad <3

#1384 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

:heart: Nancy :heart:

#1385 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

i didn't do the note on the door and now that you mention it, the crackheads haven't been fighting about lighters lately. :funny1:

so i had the sound healer come today, i might have mentioned that a month or so ago but he never called until yesterday. his name is doug, he’s probably in his late 50s and he uses the harmonics of his voice combined with the harmonics of the singing bowl, to heal. he got into this a few years ago after being in a car accident and living with pain for too long, not wanting to keep having to take the pain meds, and wanting to find some other way to live with the pain that was apparently not going to go away. he found music healing to him and eventually found out that he had the power to use his own voice, and developed this technique over time.

he sat on a 6” high short plank stool that he obviously made himself, crosses his legs and places the bowl on the floor in front of him. the bowl was the largest i’ve ever seen, maybe 10 or 11” high, and across. i’m not sure what it was made of and forgot to ask. he was, by far, the best singing bowl player (is that the right word?) i’ve ever heard. it made a really clear, solid, beautiful tone, not a hint of any scraping noise. then he added the vocal chanting and the two harmonics came together and…. made a new one… is the only way i can say it. the solid tone of the bowl would change into a sort of warbling sound as soon as he added his voice to it. imagine the straight out of a movie space alien woo-woo-woo sound - - that was what they became. :dunno:

i didn’t feel anything during, and don’t really now, so i can’t say it worked, or didn’t work. it just was. i don’t feel anything during acu either and a lot of people say they do, sooooo :dunno: most of what he did were chants but there were 2 songs as he called them, that had ‘real words’. i remember something about a bear and the water’s edge and at some point i opened my eyes and it was 1:11 and then i fell asleep for about 15 minutes. i didn’t tell him i fell asleep, maybe he knew. :funny1: my massage therapist told me later that he likes it when people fall asleep so that’s okay. he said he’d like to do it 2 more times, also no charge. i didn’t ask what his going rate was, i’m curious though. it was about an hour long.

after he left i slept for another couple hours then went to my dad’s for dinner. just WAIT until i tell you what ogre did. i’ll have to make that another post, but she really just outdid herself tonight. simply a magnificent display of intolerance. :thup:

#1386 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

oh! and at the end he said something about the bear being my spirit and that it's a really strong and wise spirit. and he said a prayer that was all about love at the end.

he might be a bit tooo much for me, but i found it interesting and it certainly didn't hurt. :)

#1387 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

i did record it on my digi recorder too, so i can go back and listen to it later. :thup: i'll have to see if i can email it but since i fell asleep, it ended up being a 4 hour file. :blush:

#1388 nique

nique
  • VibeTribe
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

just WAIT until i tell you what ogre did. i’ll have to make that another post, but she really just outdid herself tonight. simply a magnificent display of intolerance. :thup:

oh grrr!! Such a big head and such a small mind. Her loss.

#1389 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

:heartsabove:

#1390 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

ok. ogre.

went to my dad’s for dinner and i was telling them about this sound healer and how i had put it under the “can’t hurt” column and i didn’t get very far into describing it before ogre suddenly yells across the table “why don’t you just go to church instead!????!????”

:huh:

it was really almost comical. she goes on to say that i should go to church, why don’t i go to church, some people find healing in church, that this is bullshit – i’ve never heard her swear before – and that she is appalled, just apalled, that i would do such a thing. yes, she actually used that word. so i said, and kept saying from time to time things like “yes, you’ve mentioned that’s how you feel” and “i understand that’s how you feel, it’s okay that you feel that way” and the perhaps too patronizing “thank you for sharing” and worst of all i said once “you already mentioned your feelings on this, nobody cares, but you’re absolutely allowed to feel that way”.

meanwhile my dad is asking me questions about it, actually listening and having a conversation with me and ogre’s muttering on over at the sink. she stomps back over and says to my dad “and NEXT TIME, don’t make my second drink so strong!!!” and stomps back to the sink.

:huh: seriously?? you can’t even just accept responsibility for what just. came out. of your mouuuth?????? oy.

okay, conversation got onto other things and had a reasonably nice dinner. as she was doing dishes and my dad and i are in the living room playing with the ewok, i mean puppy, and she starts muttering in the kitchen about how she should just keep her mouth shut and how she should be more tolerant and how she shouldn’t drink so much, and mutter mutter mutter. she came out when she was done and starts yawning yawning yawning, it’s 7:30, so i get my coat on. “oh, you’re leaving alllrREADyyyyyy????? she asks in that horribly artificial voice that artificial people use. mmmm.

and she rushes over, gives me a biiiiig hug, tells me that next time will be better, we’ll have a nice time next time and that she’ll try harder to be more tolerant. i laugh and say i appreciate it, don’t really believe it though, and leave shortly thereafter.

she's exhausting. :plain:

#1391 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

:heart: you are a wonderful daughter :heart:

#1392 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

just exhausting. :plain:

#1393 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,503 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

I know a nice group of formerly-ultra-orthodox people (many of whom are atheists or agnostics) that I will ask to "pray" for her to f off and be nice. They're already rooting for your recovery, anyway. :) <3 Yay for your dad listening and caring. Sound healer sounds neat.

#1394 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

:lol: thank you pixiebug and sarah :) :heart:

#1395 joecool

joecool
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

ok. ogre. went to my dad’s for dinner and i was telling them about this sound healer and how i had put it under the “can’t hurt” column and i didn’t get very far into describing it before ogre suddenly yells across the table “why don’t you just go to church instead!????!????” :huh: it was really almost comical. she goes on to say that i should go to church, why don’t i go to church, some people find healing in church, that this is bullshit – i’ve never heard her swear before – and that she is appalled, just apalled, that i would do such a thing. yes, she actually used that word. so i said, and kept saying from time to time things like “yes, you’ve mentioned that’s how you feel” and “i understand that’s how you feel, it’s okay that you feel that way” and the perhaps too patronizing “thank you for sharing” and worst of all i said once “you already mentioned your feelings on this, nobody cares, but you’re absolutely allowed to feel that way”. meanwhile my dad is asking me questions about it, actually listening and having a conversation with me and ogre’s muttering on over at the sink. she stomps back over and says to my dad “and NEXT TIME, don’t make my second drink so strong!!!” and stomps back to the sink. :huh: seriously?? you can’t even just accept responsibility for what just. came out. of your mouuuth?????? oy. okay, conversation got onto other things and had a reasonably nice dinner. as she was doing dishes and my dad and i are in the living room playing with the ewok, i mean puppy, and she starts muttering in the kitchen about how she should just keep her mouth shut and how she should be more tolerant and how she shouldn’t drink so much, and mutter mutter mutter. she came out when she was done and starts yawning yawning yawning, it’s 7:30, so i get my coat on. “oh, you’re leaving alllrREADyyyyyy????? she asks in that horribly artificial voice that artificial people use. mmmm. and she rushes over, gives me a biiiiig hug, tells me that next time will be better, we’ll have a nice time next time and that she’ll try harder to be more tolerant. i laugh and say i appreciate it, don’t really believe it though, and leave shortly thereafter. she's exhausting. :plain:

now see...this gives christianity and christians (not sure that even applies to her!) a bad name! i am happy to call myself a christian. but in the real sense of the word. i love that you're seeking alternative methods to deal with what your going thru! i applaud you! and i pray for you allll the time too. in love! maybe you could find healing thru god. but god doesn't heal everyone. there's good people and bad people that have lots to deal with that god doesn't take from them. look at paul (a believer in the early days of christianity who wrote much of the new testament). he prayed three times for god to remove what he referred to as a "thorn in the flesh". god didn't. it's just one of those things that he had to deal with. and, on the other hand, many were healed. nobody knows how that works, or more importantly, why that works. it's just a god thing.

but anyway, she has no right to talk to you like that, or try to push herself and what she believes on you. it's her job to love you. period. whether you fit in the box she has labeled for you or not!

i love you, nancy, and i'm always sending good vibes your way! hope your day is splendid today! :heart:

#1396 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 16,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

she gives a LOT of things a bad name. :funny1: :) :heart:

#1397 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

:heart: Nancy!

#1398 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I had purple birks for a long time until birks started to make my feet hurt, so I can't wear them anymore.

thinking of you! :heart:

#1399 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Sorry hte orge is showing her colors, Nancy! Don't let it phase you. :D :heart:

#1400 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,601 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

my mom isnt an ogre but every time i mention trials and tribulations to her, she lays the "its only the devil, trying to make you doubt god" and "i think all you need is to go back to church and your life will be perfect" lines on me

i limit the :rolleyes: i feel cuz i left the church at age 15 for a reason! :plain:

usually, i just nod politely and change the subject or just find a good reason to leave

she means well but its reallllllly annoying :bang:

hope you are having a good day nancy :heart: