• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,674 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

so what are you making/bringing

i picked up a nice picnic shoulder, slow cooked it in a crockpot with 1 bottle of Stubbs Pork Marinade and 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Raus Sweet and spicy bbq sauce and a few drops of liquid hickory smoke.
After 12 hours, i fished out all the pork, cooled everything down and went to bed.

the next day, i skimmed the fat off the braisng liquid and redcued it to about 1/2, which i added back to the pulled and cleaned pork. will bring 2 quarts to the party. I've als had some babyback ribs in the freezer for a while, i'll probably take them out and thaw them, braise them in foil pouches and finish them off at my friends - oven if we're indoors or grill them if it's warm enough. iput the rub on them before they went into the freezer, so by the time they thaw, they'll be good to go.

pulled pork sliders w/ dirty cloe slaw
baby back ribs, GOBS rub
and with any luck, my fake beer will be ready.
If not, maybe another Sam Adams Brewers Choice 12 pack
The pack features the bottle debut of Alpine Spring Lager, Whitewater IPA and Mighty Oak Ale. Also included are Boston Lager, Black Lager and Irish Red.

#2 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

not sure... toss up still.

i think i'm running the smoker. maybe chicken and ribs, maybe ribs and crab legs, maybe sausage. I can't decide.

#3 schmidt214

schmidt214
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

At what time you think about Superbowl party food you almost certainly thing of the classics, which are hot dogs, potato chips, dips, buffalo wings and beer, in the middle of others. However, it is also nice to make some sweet recipes for a Superbowl party and jello is the perfect element to use for these.

:bee:

#4 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,674 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

thanks
John's wife had the deserts pretty much covered this year.

but then again, there is always room for jello