Patchy Panels? Please?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

So I have not threaded a sewing machine in probably ten years...I've been wanting to get in the groove and all, but there's always been something in the way...And I finally got my own machine like a year ago, but then drama and life and all that...And then I had Anni...Which cuts way down on my free time obviously, but is ironically part of the reason why I need to figure it out :lol:

I need to make my pre-pregnancy clothes fit my body now...So I was thinking that I'd put panels in my shorts...The problem here is that I have no idea how to do that...Is there a method to this process or should I just wing it??

Little help?? :huh::funny1:

Thanks Mamas :heart:

#2 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

cut the seam on the outside of each leg...you can open it up or just snip out the folded over seam.

Sew together the long patchy bit you want to put in there , (making sure the top of the inserted panels is going to make your pants the right size for you--for example, if you want to add 2 inches...each should be about 1 1/2 inches, allowing extra for the 4 new seams) and then just stitch it to each side of the open seam of your pants. Hem it at each end to line up with the existing waist band and leg hem.

#3 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Mama!

Sounds easy enough...Now comes the dastardly deed of figuring out how much I need to add :sigh:

Thanks again!

#4 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Could you please take some pics of your work? Good Luck, Beautiful!:wink::heart: