Obama hates on Boston

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

No congrats for the guy on the team that made a personal decision and spoke on it accordingly. Suite.
:gop:

#52 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

oh, and congratulations to the all the Bruins, except for Tim Thomas, who like Jack wanted to turn this into a political comment and didn't go to the White House. Certainly his right.

But he is a damn good goalie.

So he doesn't deserve to be congratulated for his contribution to his team's accomplishment because he chose to stand on principle?

Suite log.

#53 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Tim Thomas a fuck does not give. see below
Posted Image

#54 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

So he doesn't deserve to be congratulated for his contribution to his team's accomplishment because he chose to stand on principle?

Suite log.

He certainly did at the time of the Stanley Cup. Like I said, damn good goalie, and I'll add that he's a good part of why they took they cup.

But for this he has taken himself out of it.

He could have instead gone to the White House, shook the Presidents hand, and had a civil conversation with a President that is always ready to hear another side.

#55 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Tim Thomas a fuck does not give. see below
Posted Image

No doubt. As is his right.

As is my right to have my opinion.

#56 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

oh, and congratulations to the all the Bruins, except for Tim Thomas, who like Jack wanted to turn this into a political comment and didn't go to the White House. Certainly his right.

But he is a damn good goalie.

Seems to me he's saying it's about his personal choice and NOT about politics

Thomas statement on White House absence

Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas released the following statement Monday evening regarding his absence from the Bruins' visit to the White House this afternoon:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

#57 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Maybe Tim also voted for change and not an ass raping.:plain:

#58 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

There is nothing non-political about the white house or the president.
No spin alley on the planet can change that. None. The entire charade is meant to harness support points for a political agenda.

#59 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

There is nothing non-political about the white house or the president.
No spin alley on the planet can change that. None. The entire charade is meant to harness support points for a political agenda.

Are you saying Thomas had some type of a political agenda for not going other than just being fed up with the bullshit?

#60 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,548 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

obamas a little bottom bitch klucka...he lets the obramette take him from behind in the ovary orifice

#61 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Are you saying Thomas had some type of a political agenda for not going other than just being fed up with the bullshit?

He made a personal decision to not attend. The statement itself says he's fed up with the political climate of the country from both sides. It is a political statement for Thomas, and it is sport fan support garnering by the president for his agenda by inviting the Bruins to the white house for a photo op.

Thomas isn't a politician, so his political agenda is rather small. But his statement/choice is indeed politically driven.

#62 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

and it is sport fan support garnering by the president for his agenda by inviting the Bruins to the white house for a photo op.

Mostly this invite is a function of what a president does, and not political.

#63 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

The presidents 'function' has nothing to do with acting like a super star and inviting sport teams to the white house for "good" press coverage and sport fan support garnering. I'm not saying this is a new thing, but it is certainly, politically driven.

#64 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Certainly that's part of a president's function. It's the head of state function. Some countries, like Israel (the President who has no political power) and Denmark (the King who also has no political power) have separate people that do these sort of things. In the USofA it's the President that do these non political things.

I'm not saying there's not a political component or that it's not used in that manner. But the basic function is most certainly, not politically driven

#65 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

The presidents 'function' has nothing to do with acting like a super star and inviting sport teams to the white house for "good" press coverage and sport fan support garnering. I'm not saying this is a new thing, but it is certainly, politically driven.

Posted Image

#66 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

#67 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,725 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Ooh I love him! :heart:

#68 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

#69 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Seems to me he's saying it's about his personal choice and NOT about politics

Thomas statement on White House absence

Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas released the following statement Monday evening regarding his absence from the Bruins' visit to the White House this afternoon:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

Tim Thomas clearly is a racist. He refused to meet Obama, therefore he's a racist. It really is that simple.

#70 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

now that I think about it... the Bruins have like, NO Black players :shocked: *or chinese, either I don't think.

#71 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,959 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

[IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/19/129004376095162365.jpg&sa=X&ei=SwcfT9aqHIbD0QHzwpEH&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNERZB7fvJBLfnKJYh9BEA4pZX4bFA[/IMG]