Funny things they say

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#201 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Every time we go through the drive through and I complete the order and say thank you as we are driving away

"Deedoo" :clapping:

#202 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

So not something said & not my kid but................

we had a multi family yard sale this weekend & put all the free stuff out at the end today. I came out & saw 2 kids, maybe 10 & 6 picking through the stuff. They freeze in terror, as if they were doing something wrong. I told them to take it all, get bags & come back for more, that's what it's there for. I even brought them out a bag. As I walk away, I notice one of the kids picked up a frame that said "Mom rocks" on it :heart::heart::heart:

Just melted my heart. Could you imagine your 10 year old going on a bike ride & coming home with that for you? :heart::heart::heart:

#203 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

yesterday jeremy told kev about how when he got into his car seat yesterday, he rubbed some skin off his knee, and then pulled it off.
kev said, "with reckless abandon?"
jj said, "no. i used my fingers."
:funny1:

#204 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

hey mom! do you know why you're a fired old lady?
no. why?
because you're a fired old lady!

...this is how i start my morning. :lol:

#205 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

Jeremy. :clapping:

I may have already posted this but Eliza's thing lately is when we're walking somewhere I ask her for her hand. Usually she'll take it but sometimes she'll grab her hands and say "I hold my hands."

#206 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

tonight at supper, jeremy was finishing up and asking for dessert. his cousin offered him a plum, and i said that he had to finish the banana he left on the table earlier in the day before he could have a new piece of fruit. he casually informed us, "i don't eat bananas anymore. i quit eating bananas. i got some nicorette for that."

:lmao:

#207 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Karys: Aidan, will you wiggle my tooth for me and tell me if it's loose enough to pull?
Aidan: Do I look like a dentist to you? I don't know anything about teeth!

#208 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

While I was running on the treadmill from Cate: "Mommy why do you exercise?" I told her it's good for you. She asks: "Does it make you get skinny?" I said hopefully & she says "Awwwww but I love you the way you are!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:"

#209 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

your girls are so friggin' sweet, kelly. i :heart: them!!

#210 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Last year I took my 9yo son Nick to the Apollo exhibit at the Kennedy Space Center. In the exhibit there is a moon rock display where you can touch a rock. He loved the thought of it, thought it was cool.
A couple of months later, we were starting at the moon, I tell him that it is a full moon. He says the moon is not full. I ask why he says that. He tells me because there is a piece of it in Florida.

#211 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

mackenna's new saying: "i don't mean to toot my own horn, but TOOTS MACKOOTS!!"

me: lily, let's get your bathing suit on so we can go to the pool
lily: baby SOUP! we go COOL!

#212 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

From my friend Amy:

They were at an event where the K9 unit was at. Her son was asking 'what's a K9?' and she explained & told him some things have different names, so dogs can also be K9's etc. etc.

Another day they were talking about cats & she explained that cats could also be called felines..........

so Jack says "I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD POLICE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":rotf:

#213 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Jess in the car the other day "I'm pulling on my nibbles!" :shocked::rotf:

#214 Huskybass

Huskybass
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

My son (he turns 11 today) was 5 and had just learned how to read. We went to a nearby convenience store and there was a sign on the door that said "no shirt, no shoes... no service". I watched my son read the sign, then he looked at me with a quizical look and said "Dad, what about pants?"

One memory of his childhood that I will not forget. :smile:

#215 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

My son (he turns 11 today) was 5 and had just learned how to read. We went to a nearby convenience store and there was a sign on the door that said "no shirt, no shoes... no service". I watched my son read the sign, then he looked at me with a quizical look and said "Dad, what about pants?"

that. is. awesome. :lol:

#216 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

I remember thinking & saying that as a kid as well! :funny1:

#217 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

trying to teach lily how to open doors this morning. she had her hand on the knob and i said "now you have to turn it" so she spun around in a circle and looked at the door, expecting it to be open. :funny1:

#218 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

wtf you're trying to teach her how to open doors now? :eek::lol::lol::lol:

#219 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

"DADDY DADDY DADDY!" :funny1:

#220 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

seeing her shadow this morning, "wow mom my shadow looks five years old today":lol:

#221 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Maya lately when she's mad "I'm not going to be your kid anymore." :lol:

#222 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

i am sitting here eating finn crisp multigrain crackers. jeremy walked in and asked if he could try one. he took a bite, chewed and swallowed, then asked, "are these for cats? cats would like these."

#223 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

jeremy is currently obsessed with acquiring things, and in response, we are trying to teach him about the more important things in life such as love, friendship, etc. this morning during one such discussion, jeremy informed me, "you can't buy people. you have to buy the seeds for people. at the hospital."

#224 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

'heart beat' still comes out 'heart beep.' :funny1:

#225 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

up at a lakehouse for the weekend. it was oppressively hot and we took mack and her cousin out on a peddle boat. when we were done, the girls jumped into the lake, and jay complained about how sweaty he was. mack says "so are you going to jump in the water?" jay asks why and she responds "to get over yourself!" :rolling:

#226 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

Jess eating cheetos yesterday..."Mom what is a cheeto? Is it a doodle with cheese on it?" :lol::heart:

#227 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

jeremy is watching peep and the big wide world. in this episode, quack is looking for a place to throw a concert. jeremy pipes up, "maybe he needs a soundboard to make him louder with no echoes." smart concert-going little dude! :clapping:

#228 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

every time i ask lily if i can check her diaper, she responds "no, it's ok. daddy changed it." even if daddy's been at work for 7 hours and i've changed her diaper 3 times already. :funny1:

#229 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

That one time over a week ago I was up first and changed her diaper :lol:

#230 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

We have a block party every year & it was Saturday. Someone had a projector system that allowed us to show the kids a movie on the side of my house. So some kid says "Has that TV ALWAYS been here?" :lol:

#231 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

showing magnolia a clip of inspector gadget she said she didnt want to watch it anymore. i ask why

"they are old people cartoons"

#232 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

:lol:

#233 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

Della asked to leave the door open a little when she sleeps with "Leave a crack." When I didn't leave it open enough for her she said "Mom does better crack." :funny1:

#234 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

mack this morning: "sorry i took so long brushing my teeth, mommy. i just noticed your face wash said energizing on it, so i had to try it, and my face DOES feel more awake now!" (as she's slapping her cheeks) :funny1:

#235 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

mack this morning: "sorry i took so long brushing my teeth, mommy. i just noticed your face wash said energizing on it, so i had to try it, and my face DOES feel more awake now!" (as she's slapping her cheeks) :funny1:

:lmao:

#236 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

tonight he was pushing his limits by mimicking me. when i told him he would lose stories if he didn't find his manners, he told me, "but i'm learning these words, mom."

:huh:

little monkey had a justification for his crappy behaviour!!! :funny1:

and last weekend when jeremy was trying some stunt with kev, kev told jeremy, "you'll have to get up pretty early to be able to pull one over on your dad." to which jeremy replied, "i get up earlier than you every day." :lol:

#237 FairMaidenMcree

FairMaidenMcree
  • VibeTribe
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

Ayla was looking so sweet so I hugged her and said, "hi my little sweet pea"
she said, "I not sweet pea, I Ayla"
she paused for a moment then said, "Hi doo doo" (she thought I was calling her pee pee)
I about fell out of my chair laughing

she is so hilarious!! :lol:

#238 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

that's awesome. :lol:

#239 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Ayla sounds exactly like my Eliza. We've taken to calling her Liza bean. If I call her sweety or honey pie she'll say "I not honey pie, I just Liza Bean." :funny1:

#240 FairMaidenMcree

FairMaidenMcree
  • VibeTribe
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

Eliza is the same age right? silly babies...
Ayla's middle name is Elizabeth, I'll have to try out the Liza Bean on her. She has a hard time saying Elizabeth.

I named her after me (Christine Elizabeth), why not right?

My son told me today "mom you are the best mom ever. You have the best birthday parties because you have food for the adults and you include the siblings" lol

#241 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

I believe so- she's just over 2. What a sweet son you have! (and now I understand your b'day party post) :wink:

#242 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Jenny: "Who's the best big sister in the whole wide world?"
Lily: Raises her arms "Ckenna!"

#243 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

I teach dance and in a ballet class with 5 years olds I was saying Bourre Bourre Bourre Step and Point.....this little one was laughing at me - she's like "why are you saying boring boring boring"!

#244 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

was playing with mack tonight and told her "i can lick your face if i want, i gave you life" and her prompt response was "yeah, and a headache!" :rolling:

#245 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

was playing with mack tonight and told her "i can lick your face if i want, i gave you life" and her prompt response was "yeah, and a headache!" :rolling:

Like mother, like daughter.

#246 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

This weekend - Cate (6) referring to a hippo "hippopossum'

on Saratoga's polar express "BORING! This is like being on my school bus!" :lmao:

#247 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Karys, on being Thankful: "I'm thankful for myself!" :funny1:

#248 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

after watching a group called "urban method" on the sing off last night, mackenna asks "what the heck does rhythm method mean anyway?" :nikkiblue:

#249 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,757 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

From Olivia, to Mom.
"How come my please face doesn't work with you, it works with daddy every time."

#250 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

From Olivia, to Mom.
"How come my please face doesn't work with you, it works with daddy every time."

smart little suckers! :lmao: